Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New Career Ideas

Comments

• ayyitsmellayyitsmell Posts: 434 Member
    What new careers do you want to see in the Sims 4?

- Stylist (Make-Up Artists, Hair Stylists, etc)
    - Therapist / Counselor / Psychologist

I especially like those 2 ideas, but only if they were done in a certain way.

Stylist:
    Your sim can open a shop, similar to a retail store and townies come in to get a make-over e.g. "I have a date tonight with a guy I really want to impress, I need a new gown and styling." And then you would make over their formal wear and this would actually be their new formal wear. Or they could also ask for a complete make-over or perhaps new athletic wear because they want they think the new trainer at the gym is cute. But you would actually change their outfits permanently.

Therapist:
    Also an active career with an actual office to hold therapy sessions. Sims would come in because they want to change something about themselves, perhaps they are unflirty, kleptomaniacs or gloomy. When you accept a sim as a patient you would schedule several sessions in the calendar and depending on the outcome of the therapy regimen you would actually change one of their traits - for better or worse, depending on your qualification, the number of sessions you planned and how you conducted them. If unsuccessful the trait they wanted help with could change from unflirty to loner, from kleptomaniac to slob (because they are starting to hord) and from gloomy to mean or evil. If successful their traits could change form unflirty to outgoing, from kleptomaniac to good (because they like to donate to charity instead of taking things) and from gloomy to cheerful. These are just examples of course.

I guess what I am saying is I want careers that are active and actually have an impact on your sims' surroundings.

Love these ideas! I think the Stylist one sounds like a lot of fun! I would love to change the way the townies (NPCs) look. Sometimes their outfits are so cringy since they throw on whatever. I think there was a patch to fix it but I'm not sure. I used to see them walking around with bright colored glasses and the giant hats. I think it would be nice if they they could have their own salon with all the right equipment to wash hair, blow dry their hair, dye their hair, style their hair, paint nails (Hopefully it can allow us to have nail polish!). It will probably start the interaction and then take us to CAS but I would like to see their reaction when they see their new style. :)
    & I agree. I want to see the impact of our sims actions/careers.
    Ayy It's Mell ♥

• wrenstaleswrenstales Posts: 777 Member
    I would also like a Hero v enermy career, where one can choose to be a hero who can safe sims from vampires, werewolves and zombies. Intervene in fights and prevent death, whereas enermy can create death potions sims can drink, cause fights with sims, desire to become vampire, witch, turn sims into zombies who can destroy plants, garden's, the hero can have a skill to create cures to cure the sim and take the enemy to the police station.

• kaylaholidaykaylaholiday Posts: 224 Member
    I'd take anything at this point! I'm so tired of most of the careers we have now, and it would be nice to have some fresh options!
  • SassycottonSassycotton Posts: 438 Member
    Wouldn't be cool if they stared in real life movies that we have out now?
  • 2HubbiesNLove2HubbiesNLove Posts: 658 Member
    It would be great if we got an Ambitions-themed GP somewhere down the line. A pack consisting of only new active careers.

Some careers I would enjoy playing with:

9-1-1 Career Branch- pick from being an EMT which would branch into the doctor career. Our sims could be called to save a life to get them to the hospital in enough time. Or be a police officer stopping crime by stopping break-ins and vandals. Police officers would eventually branch into the Detective career. Or become a Firefighter and help save lives from burning buildings or save a cat from a tree. Of course NPCs like Police Officers, Burglars and Firefighters returned.

Governing Career Branch- our sims could be part of the City Council and help govern special programs each world offers which could build our sim's reputation up to becoming the Mayor of given world they reside in where our sims could make new changes to the neighborhoods which resulting in positive or negative reactions like riots, pollution, higher bill rates, which would ultimately drive residents out; or start programs like green energy, higher wages, lower bill costs, new activities offered, which brought more sims to live in given world.

Design Career Branch- our sims could draw up blueprints of homes and businesses and make a profit and watch as our builds populate throughout the worlds as an Architect. Sims could also branch off and become a Realtor, showing off homes to potential home owners. Or become a Designer and redecorate sims homes for a profit.

Stylist Career Branch- Sims can open their own beauty salon where they can give NPC sims makeovers with makeup applications, new hairstyles and colors, or send them over to the Ink Studio where they can get new tattoos and facial piercings. Or sims can become a fashion designer and create "Collections", hire models, and take them to the catwalk to show off their styles to audiences.
  • misschristine14misschristine14 Posts: 118 Member
    I think Engineering would be fun to add. And different Engineering feilds so like Civil, Machanical, Robotics, Aerospace, Computer, etc.

Yes! I think Robotics would be really awesome to see in the game!
    I would really like a self-employed option.

I really like the teacher/principal and Band with singer idea.

I would also like part-time jobs/low paying jobs for my sims. Also for there to be more of the work from home careers.

They really do need to add a self-employed option. I want to make my sim self-employed as a photographer instead of just making her have a really high photography skills and selling the photos every now and then. It would be nice to make it more official, idk. Hopefully one of the gurus will see this and make it happen :) I like the idea of low paying jobs or part time jobs for young adult sims. Only teens can have part time jobs right now I think.

I especially like those 2 ideas, but only if they were done in a certain way.

Stylist:
    Your sim can open a shop, similar to a retail store and townies come in to get a make-over e.g. "I have a date tonight with a guy I really want to impress, I need a new gown and styling." And then you would make over their formal wear and this would actually be their new formal wear. Or they could also ask for a complete make-over or perhaps new athletic wear because they want they think the new trainer at the gym is cute. But you would actually change their outfits permanently.

Therapist:
    Also an active career with an actual office to hold therapy sessions. Sims would come in because they want to change something about themselves, perhaps they are unflirty, kleptomaniacs or gloomy. When you accept a sim as a patient you would schedule several sessions in the calendar and depending on the outcome of the therapy regimen you would actually change one of their traits - for better or worse, depending on your qualification, the number of sessions you planned and how you conducted them. If unsuccessful the trait they wanted help with could change from unflirty to loner, from kleptomaniac to slob (because they are starting to hord) and from gloomy to mean or evil. If successful their traits could change form unflirty to outgoing, from kleptomaniac to good (because they like to donate to charity instead of taking things) and from gloomy to cheerful. These are just examples of course.

I guess what I am saying is I want careers that are active and actually have an impact on your sims' surroundings.

Wow this is amazing! I would love for all of this to happen!!! Your ideas are awesome! I love the idea of being able to change traits by seeing a therapist! I love anything that includes some consequences to the game to make it more interesting :)
    wrenstales wrote: »
    I would like to see hairdresser, stylist where they can work in a shop or be mobile, traveling to Sims houses and cutting hair that could help in to other vip clubs.

Psychologist, councillor who could fix relationships , help sims remove anger, anxiety etc.

Actor, Actress can meet other actors, practice , rehearse and act, on stage, screen, there can be props, this can also be on screen.

Travel writer , Sims can travel to other worlds, taste delicacies, be involved in adventure, visit attractions and write about them in the press, journal.

Yes I would loveeee for actors / actresses to be included and for them to be able to do this. I would love to make a whole movie set with props and green screens in the game! I think I would want this to be an active career instead of one that they would just disappear in. Hopefully they will add a Travel career that does this! A travel writer / blogger career would be awesome :)
    ayyitsmell wrote: »
    Hi again! lol I've written in other posts before about the News Anchor job, but I'll go a little bit in depth here. I think we should have a Television career (or pack) that brings these new careers, like Acting, News, or even Entertainment like bands/singers.
    • First, I would love to have a news anchor/meteorologist career so that you can watch them sit in front of a green screen, click on the different topics you'd want them to talk about, and maybe it can show up on the TV. The topics could be weather, pets, food, festivals, crime rates, breaking news (report live), celebrity gossip, etc. You could also warn sims of upcoming weather conditions or meteor showers to look out for and you can report "live" any protests going on or UFO sightings. I guess there would be different tracks that they can go into, like News, Entertainment, Sports, or Weather and their topics will vary depending on that. Maybe you can start out by being a paparazzi or having silly side stories like "dog of the year" for a dog that found something interesting in the dirt, similar to the movie Bruce Almighty :D
    • The acting career could be like @wrenstales said. Actors can rehearse, act on stage, mess with props, set up the set design, meet other actors, and more. They can increase their celebrity status by doing as many films or shows as possible. They can start out on a stage and perform plays and then work their way up to filming popular movies. Maybe they can be interviewed by other sims in the News career, get their pictures or autographs taken, or give a tour of the set.

YES! I would love all of this to happen!
    wrenstales wrote: »
    I would also like a Hero v enermy career, where one can choose to be a hero who can safe sims from vampires, werewolves and zombies. Intervene in fights and prevent death, whereas enermy can create death potions sims can drink, cause fights with sims, desire to become vampire, witch, turn sims into zombies who can destroy plants, garden's, the hero can have a skill to create cures to cure the sim and take the enemy to the police station.

This would be super fun!
    I'd take anything at this point! I'm so tired of most of the careers we have now, and it would be nice to have some fresh options!

Agreed! That's why I started this post. I feel like we need more jobs to give our sims more unique lifestyle choices. I don't mind if they bring back some of the old career choices we had in sims 2 and sims 3 but I also wanted new, fresh career ideas to add to the game. I like that they have added new types of careers in Sims 4 that weren't in the previous games (Secret Agent and some others) and I love the Get To Work expansion pack! I still think it just needs more :)
    Wouldn't be cool if they stared in real life movies that we have out now?

Yes! I also think it would be cool if we could see some of the videos we have recorded on their tv!
    It would be great if we got an Ambitions-themed GP somewhere down the line. A pack consisting of only new active careers.

Some careers I would enjoy playing with:

9-1-1 Career Branch- pick from being an EMT which would branch into the doctor career. Our sims could be called to save a life to get them to the hospital in enough time. Or be a police officer stopping crime by stopping break-ins and vandals. Police officers would eventually branch into the Detective career. Or become a Firefighter and help save lives from burning buildings or save a cat from a tree. Of course NPCs like Police Officers, Burglars and Firefighters returned.

Governing Career Branch- our sims could be part of the City Council and help govern special programs each world offers which could build our sim's reputation up to becoming the Mayor of given world they reside in where our sims could make new changes to the neighborhoods which resulting in positive or negative reactions like riots, pollution, higher bill rates, which would ultimately drive residents out; or start programs like green energy, higher wages, lower bill costs, new activities offered, which brought more sims to live in given world.

Design Career Branch- our sims could draw up blueprints of homes and businesses and make a profit and watch as our builds populate throughout the worlds as an Architect. Sims could also branch off and become a Realtor, showing off homes to potential home owners. Or become a Designer and redecorate sims homes for a profit.

Stylist Career Branch- Sims can open their own beauty salon where they can give NPC sims makeovers with makeup applications, new hairstyles and colors, or send them over to the Ink Studio where they can get new tattoos and facial piercings. Or sims can become a fashion designer and create "Collections", hire models, and take them to the catwalk to show off their styles to audiences.

I love these!! I think the 9-1-1 career is very interesting and I love how it would give the hospital more use. I miss the NPCs of police officers, burglars, and firefighters too. I also absolutely love your idea for the Governing Carrer Branch. I know theres a political branch already but I think they should incorporate some of these ideas to that because it makes it more active. I also love your Design Career Branch just because I would love to have architecture and interior design / decorating included in the game! It can give any art skills more use in the game besides painting. The stylist career sounds awesome! I love the idea of creating collections and hiring models!
    911 emts sound really awesome!!!! That reminds me of when I was little we would watch Rescue 911 on tv. Also I wonder if we could have super nannies like the tv program to help the families. What about dog whisperers and Cat whisperers as well?
  • hepe1977hepe1977 Posts: 34 Member
    I'd love anything from this post. Cool ideas.
    Can they do a dj with frozen and other songs?
  • 2HubbiesNLove2HubbiesNLove Posts: 658 Member
    911 emts sound really awesome!!!! That reminds me of when I was little we would watch Rescue 911 on tv. Also I wonder if we could have super nannies like the tv program to help the families. What about dog whisperers and Cat whisperers as well?

Recue 911 was the show to watch!!! So many people we (my husband and I) know never even heard of Rescue 911... totally random, but your comment in itself was awesome.

And thank you, @misschristine14. I didn't read the posts on here before I made my post since I usually get excited when I see posts related to topics I can relate with. So many other simmers also want careers like architect, interior designer, fashion designer, beauty stylist... so many brilliant minds always think alike. But I never seen anyone post about wanting careers like Emergency personnel. Incorporating these careers would not only bring back NPCs like Police Officer, Burglarer, and Firefighter but make those fan classic NPCs into active careers.

Maybe they could even expand the Detective Career from GTW as to investigating whether or not fires were started by an Arson who has been setting fires throughout the town and have to collect enough evidence to seek out the perpetrator and stop him before he or she strikes again. And EMTs were connected with the active hospital lot... so instead of wanting our sim to be a doctor it could be tweeked as a Medical Career- sim started our as an EMT rather than a Doctor (once Schools/University comes out we could major in medicine and bypass the EMT and go right into the Doctor career). EMTs also delivered medicine and did routine checkups on our sims until our sim is back to a healthy state. Also, incorporate the Burglar as an active career to do with the Klepto trait and Mischief Aspiration- our sims could break into homes, museums, which ultimately became Master Spies and mastered the skill of lock picking, disarming alarms, and distort themselves through lasers.

I really would love that! I hope they put all these in a game for us! Is there a way we can ask them?
  • DraconDracon Posts: 119 Member
    Maybe a Pediatrician for when a child gets sick, because this orange juice dilemma really does not cut it.
  • Simtarris22Simtarris22 Posts: 75 Member
    A fully fleshed out Fashion Designer/Industry Mogul Career and a Serial Entrepreneur Career--Business/Retail/Finance/Real Estate. Can own and operate every type of lot and business, plus create multipurpose businesses. The introduction of apparel construction/design, style management, new craftables (ie. Jewelry making, millinery (hats) crafting, apparel/accessories, haute couture, premium objects ...), new inventions, captivating collectibles etc etc. Endless gameplay with these two careers. I will not be satisfied with the Sims 4 installment if these are not incorporated. Sims 2, Sims 3, and Sims 1 were flipping awesome because they incorporated the above elements in a endless gameplay manner. Sims 4 is lacking ENDLESS GAMEPLAY!
    how bout an animal breeder or something along those lines as well?
  • Simtarris22Simtarris22 Posts: 75 Member
    [[Re: I would love to see more crafting objects
    Simtarris22
    July 2017
    [b]The ART OF CRAFTING[/b]

Yes, I totally agree!!! Sims NEEDS MORE crafts!!! Arts & Crafts are able to open up endless gameplay. If we take a walk down memory lane (I love memory lane ( :-) ), we can reflect on all the crafts that have been introduced into the Sims Series which provided detailed and interactive gameplay. Crafting brought a hint of realism to the game by mirroring how we use crafts in everyday life. Crafts in the Sims produced great objects whether interactive or decor--all added more value to the game. Careers/Professions are built from the foundations of crafts, in my opinion. Crafting increases productivity, improves the psyche, and stimulates prosperity. We all use crafts in life! Lol

It seems that arts and crafts added gameplay details that greatly impacted the Sim's Intelligence, players' gaming style(s), and the depths of simulation gameplay.

I would like to see more arts &crafts introduced as/with careers/professions. Fashion Designer/Stylist and Cosmetologist should be introduced to add the dynamics in total individualism and necessity. Omg, the depths!

References that added many craftables and personal management:

The Sims: Superstar, The Sims Makin Magic

The Sims: Urbz; The Sims 2: Open for Business The BEST), Freetime (The BEST), H&M Fashion Stuff Pack, Seasons, University, Bon Voyage,

The Sims 3: World Adventures, Ambitions (The BEST) , Fast Lane Stuff Pack, Showtime, Pets, Seasons, Generations, Supernatural, Island Paradise, Into the Future, Sims 3 Store Premium Content; The Sims 4: Get to Work.

Wow!]]
  • nessatay1920nessatay1920 Posts: 459 Member

The careers I want to see are:
    - Military
    - Teacher / Professor
    - Media Production (Videographer, Photographer, Video Editor, Radio Host, TV Host, etc)
    - Movie Director / Actor / Actress / Producer
    - Architect / Engineer
    - Lawyer
    - Airline Pilot / Flight Attendants
    - Oceanographer / Scuba Diver / Lifeguard
    - Adventurer
    - Paranormal (Vampire Hunter, Witch Hunter, etc - maybe their goal can be to cure the supernatural and turn them back into humans?)
    - Firefighter

I know some of them were in the previous games but these are some of the careers I would like to see come back or just see included in some of the future expansions for Sims 4. What careers do you want to see?

I love these ideas. I would like to see fashion Designer and modeling
    How bout reality games and jobs that come with that