Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A Stuff Pack for Builders!

DJraxDJrax Posts: 50 Member
edited January 2018 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
So I saw this new laundry pack and Honestly, I am indifferent about it. It is going to be another pack that will add some stuff I MAY use, but most stuff probably not.

Also hello to all, just became a member, which means that now I can actually voice about this game. This brings me to my first idea which is the title of this topic.

The only reason I am making this a stuff pack idea is because its been a long time and many items people would think may be added into the game individually or with previous packs has not been done. The Examples are listed as follows:
1. Spiral Stairs
2. L shape Stairs
3. U Shape Stairs
4. Fold Down attic stairs
5. 90 degree winder stairs
6. 180 degree winder stairs
7. Curved Stairs
8. Double L shape stairs
9. Elevators (there are elevators but they are only in city living apartments and act more as a portkey)
11. dutch doors (usually used in kitchen areas)
12. bi-fold doors (closets mostly, but they can sometimes be used to connect a room)
13. pocket door (bathroom most times)
14. accordion doors(mostly closets, but again may make for a unique look in the house)

Other things:
1. Usable Attic space (would make the fold down stairs practical and would give people the ability to create a proper basement/attic house)
2. Garage doors (this is IF they bring cars back)
3. Catercorner counter tops ( I don't know why this is not possible. We are currently able to turn counter tops on many different corners and yet it is not possible to snap a counter top to the rest of the counter space when its on a catercorner??? unacceptable...)

That's my starting list of things that come to mind. The other thing to note is that there are even MORE stair types then the ones listed above. The ones I listed though would probably be the most interesting and useful.

Again, Since it doesn't seem like the team is going to add in these types of items separately with patches, then make it a stuff pack... Honestly I feel like spiral staircases should just be there, but remember...this is the first sims where pools were not technically in the base game, but added in patch 7. I am just glad we got pools at least and didn't have to drag that out into ANOTHER stuff pack...

Comments

• SimGuruGrahamSimGuruGraham Posts: 1,189 SimGuru
    Hi @DJrax - as someone who enjoys building, I love all the ideas. That said, as I've shared with the community before, new build features just aren't something that you can expect to see included in Stuff Packs. We have a different group of engineers who work on the build portion of the game, and their time is allocated entirely to the larger packs, and to free updates to the game.

With that in mind, don't lose hope. Just look to Game Packs and Expansion Packs if you're interested in new Build Mode features. :) I'd suggest posting in the Ideas Corner section of the forums, or in the subforums for GPs or EPs.
  • DJraxDJrax Posts: 50 Member
    edited January 2018
    Good to know. @SimGuruGraham is there a way that you could move this to the section to the place it would be most beneficial in?
  • gemma_ellengemma_ellen Posts: 12 New Member
    OMG I LOVE this idea! I'm a builder, not a player, and I find the build stuff so limiting in sims 4. (Thank god for CC!) I would love to have useable attics and extra stairs. I'd add glass roofs to allow conservatories, allow buildings to have different foundation height (that one is so frustrating!) different windows (to go with the loft theme - how about dormer windows? or, for the basement, light tunnels and wells?)
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    Hi @DJrax - as someone who enjoys building, I love all the ideas. That said, as I've shared with the community before, new build features just aren't something that you can expect to see included in Stuff Packs. We have a different group of engineers who work on the build portion of the game, and their time is allocated entirely to the larger packs, and to free updates to the game.

With that in mind, don't lose hope. Just look to Game Packs and Expansion Packs if you're interested in new Build Mode features. :) I'd suggest posting in the Ideas Corner section of the forums, or in the subforums for GPs or EPs.

At least it does mean that you know what we want. So no excuse to wait 2 years just for spiral stairs, U stairs etc.
    Lu4ERme.gif