Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 Quarterly Teaser

Comments

• DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Perhaps I'm reading too much into this, but it looks like there'll be a Skeleton life state? If this is the case, I'm not entirely happy about that. Oh well.

Join the Skeleton War

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZzjKloEmpYk

That made me laugh out loud!!!
  • Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    rras1994 wrote: »
    Also I hope console version gets these too at the same time as PC

I'm not sure if that will happen, products gettting launched on PC have different requirements to a console i.e the console take longer as they have to go through a process called certification which costs money and is basically the console platformer making sure that the product is significant enough standard to go on their platform. Considering the Sims development is designed round PC and they also would have to go through the process of converting it for console (though considering console architecture is very similar to PCs now it might not be too dificult for add-ons) they might not be able to keep it on the same release schedule though I could be wrong of course. It's just added dificulty.

It will happen. Console has Late Night and their working on getting Cat and Dogs and Dine Out out.

Pretty sure they mean the PC and Console launching at same time Cat, which is pretty unlikely.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • ladybreidladybreid Posts: 3,455 Member
    I'm always glad to have more content available but as much as I want to I can't honestly say the teaser got me excited for the quarter this time.

I'm not saying I hate it just that I'll wait to see what other info comes out.
    wz3Vdbh.jpg
    Saying "not to be rude", then blatently being rude does not excuse rude behavior.
  • AshtontoAshton22AshtontoAshton22 Posts: 1,797 Member
    Just clarifying, are there four quarters in a year?

"quarters" *winky face*

Look, I know it's a stupid question, I just want to make sure.
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    Just saw the new sneak peek over on facebook - we have the Laundry stuff pack and a gamepack coming.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• DominicLaurenceDominicLaurence Posts: 3,398 Member
    edited January 2018
    I just loved the theme of the game pack hahaha It's so good to be positively surprised!

First I thought of zombies and was like 'oh, please, no' but soon I was overwhelmed by the Pre-Columbian art style :astonished: The last time I remember visiting such concepts was way back in Sims 2 Castaway and needless to say it was amazing. This GP seems not only a vacation destination but with World Adventure take AND some supernatural feels, I couldn't be more pleased. Also, we're getting the first Central/South America inspired world of this era. The game pack team has done some really great work, so I grant myself the right to be excited.

Can't help right now to think how would look like an Off The Grid SP alongside this one lol The welcome to the jungle quarter. Laundry is meh or whatever, I just want the bb and cas, but at least we'll have content for all tastes.
    ID: StGerris
    Legacy Photomode
    edited January 2018
    I am stoked as I love WA and one of the devs claimed they wouldn't do a WA pack for Sims 4 - so I was bummed over that. But looks like he was just trying to throw us off. As it sure looks like an adventure trip to me. Getting excited.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!

Just clarifying, are there four quarters in a year?

"quarters" *winky face*

Look, I know it's a stupid question, I just want to make sure.

Not so stupid. A lot of people are confused about when the quarters are and which months are included.
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    I am stoked as I love WA and one of the devs claimed they wouldn't do a WA pack for Sims 4 - so I was bummed over that. But looks like he was just trying to throw us off. As it sure looks like an adventure trip to me. Getting excited.

If this is, as I hope, an adventure pack, maybe we'll get an Alpine vacation adventure pack with a Yeti and ice caverns.
    SnaveXs wrote: »
    I get a New Orleans's vibe from the third picture from the last. Could there be more than one vacation destination? The last look like South America/Aztec vibe.

Willow Creek is New Orleans so that trip would naturally be elsewhere - not something we already have. I'd agree on S.America maybe.

In dreams - I LIVE!

Thanks - I just found it.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• fadingaudiofadingaudio Posts: 933 Member
    Honestly, not looking forward to this GP. I guess vacation worlds just don't excite me lol I never use them and I rarely ever go on a vacation. I am excited about the SP though. I can't wait for the new buy items. Perfect for some cottages that I have.
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    Writin_Reg wrote: »

If this is, as I hope, an adventure pack, maybe we'll get an Alpine vacation adventure pack with a Yeti and ice caverns.

Maybe - you never know. Either way I am stoked if it is an adventure trip pack.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »
    The Game Pack looks very interesting! Looks like a unique vacation destination unlike the others we've seen.

I just hope the gameplay won't be too similar to The Sims 3: World Adventures. Tomb exploration was fun the first time, but after that, it becomes a nuisance. If they found a way to make it so tombs are randomly generated and different each time you load into them (which many games have done before), I'd be all for it.

They'd pretty much have to have some sort of random generator for both the traps (if they're including those) and also random generate new treasures or it wouldn't be very replayable. I wonder if there will be any specific skills to learn, like in Egypt there was the photography skill, Asia had martial arts and France was nectar making.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • IverschristineIverschristine Posts: 30 Member
    Please please pleaseeeeeeee have swimmable oceans/lakes
  • IverschristineIverschristine Posts: 30 Member
    > @nayruslove7 said:
    > i was hoping for a romance game pack but at least we are getting a new destination world. i'm not too excited yet since i've never played world adventures so i'm unfamiliar with what it entails.

As in romance game pack, you're thinking like more in depth dating interactions like slow dancing, feeding each other food, etc?
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,590 Member
    Why is everyone saying there's a vacation spot? Did I miss something? :D I can't view the video now for some reason. My internet hates me.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • PolluxSimsPolluxSims Posts: 318 Member
    Also I hope console version gets these too at the same time as PC

I was thinking this too, I have a feeling we'll get it later though. To be fair, it seems that they're trying to get stuff out to us at a good rate, so we can be caught up with PC sooner rather than later.
    Read my Sawyer Legacy Simlit on Wordpress
    - Origin ID: PolluxSims -
    edited January 2018
    DeKay wrote: »
    Why is everyone saying there's a vacation spot? Did I miss something? :D I can't view the video now for some reason. My internet hates me.

It is also posted on twitter and facebook as well Dekay - try one of those.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Livin in SimLivin in Sim Posts: 1,145 Member
    edited January 2018
    Here's a YT version, maybe that will work.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqO8nQtH8nA

About the vacation spot--we don't know for sure, really, do we, just going on the Aztec Icon.
    Please please pleaseeeeeeee have swimmable oceans/lakes

There are no oceans in the jungle.
    jackjack_k wrote: »
    mirta000 wrote: »
    after vampires and parenthood this new pack looks... Very Meh. It's like we went back to Outdoor Retreat quality. Maybe I'm judging too fast though.

Well, you are. We didn’t even know what Parenthood was in the Quarterly trailer.
    mirta000 wrote: »
    to be fair the year already started more negatively than 2017. Their first GP of 2017 was something far more awaited for. 2018 will be not very negative from the looks of it, but fairly cricket inducing.

It’s literally been 3 days, and you’re saying it’s cricket inducing, we didn’t even know what was coming in 2017 for the first 6 days.

I mean, not calling you a blind hater, but c’mon. Don’t be so obvious that you have to start a fake agenda that no one is excited for 2018 content :joy: Twitter is going nuts.

Let’s not start the whole “crickets, no one cares” saga a few hours after a teaser

I'm surprised we got the teaser so early in the month -- I was expecting it next week because I wasn't sure when the SimGurus were going to get back in the office to help with promotion (retweets and such).
    BabySquare wrote: »
    Anyone got a youtube version? it won't play for me. :'(

https://youtu.be/RycY32X3sss
    jaxierocks wrote: »
    I don't want to be a downer...but I'd much rather be able to build a farm with a diverse range of animals. Oh well....I guess I'll just keep waiting.

That would more likely be an EP, either possibly part of Seasons (so you can have plants affected by seasonal changes) or maybe after we get Seasons if it's on the drawing board.
  • CocoapugsCocoapugs Posts: 70 Member
    All I know is, they’ve been working on this game pack since parenthood. It’s GOT to be good! They’ve spent quite a bit of time on it