Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 Quarterly Teaser

Comments

• gummybear0724gummybear0724 Posts: 1,146 Member
    YIPPEEEE! I'm so so excited for this new game pack. I absolutely can't wait!
  • 3KNPen3KNPen Posts: 2,825 Member
    edited January 2018
    New Adventure/Destination Pack new Adventure/Destination Pack! *dances*

I for one am thrilled at the thought of my sims going off on vacations/adventures and hopefully several new collections, maybe an aspiration (or two or three I mean Vampires added 3 didn't it?) and traits. Maybe even perhaps a return of the Adventurer career from Sims 2 and/or maybe a Researcher Career? I know better then to expect too much but I am still SUPER excited about this.

But then I am one of the strange souls who counts World Adventures among my favorite Sims 3 EPs.
    ~ ~ ~
  • bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,374 Member
    Wow, I was totally not expecting an adventure type game pack! All I can say is I'm so excited to find out more, WA was my all time favourite pack for TS3, and I never thought we'd be seeing anything like it again.

Exactly! (SimGuruGraham had said he worked on Sims 3 WA, and actually built the tomb I could never get through. :s) I would love to have something like that as WA was one of my very most favorites of all of Sims 3.

Hopefully it's at least, a new vacation destination...can't wait to see more.

In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • LoveMcQueen5683LoveMcQueen5683 Posts: 3,689 Member
    I'm thinking the gamepack will be a vacation destination on an island with a jungle and a rainforest. I just hope it has a nice big beach to relax on.

And i hope that skeleton means Bonehilda will be coming back.
    LR3g0ni.jpg
  • Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    The Game Pack looks very interesting! Looks like a unique vacation destination unlike the others we've seen.

I just hope the gameplay won't be too similar to The Sims 3: World Adventures. Tomb exploration was fun the first time, but after that, it becomes a nuisance. If they found a way to make it so tombs are randomly generated and different each time you load into them (which many games have done before), I'd be all for it.
  • liliaethliliaeth Posts: 1,087 Member
    Looking at Forums, I believe there are more people wanting a new vacation spot, and even if not majority, it's definitely popular wish. Also, it's a very short video but I feel very strong World Adventure/Indiana Jones vibes from it :) I'm really intrigued. I was expecting rather beach-like vacation, but there's a lot of possibilities.

I'm looking at that skeleton now and just a thought came to my mind - maybe we could get new Bonehilda? ;)

My first thought was that it might have been a magic/voodoo pack, but a vacation pack probably makes more sense, and would be cool. It'd be nice to send my sims somewhere other than camping.

Just won
  • keylimepiesimskeylimepiesims Posts: 1,908 Member
    I'm thinking the gamepack will be a vacation destination on an island with a jungle and a rainforest. I just hope it has a nice big beach to relax on.

And i hope that skeleton means Bonehilda will be coming back.

Dream. Come. True. Ugh I almost don't want to get my hopes up, but that would be an ideal pack for me. :love:
  • LoveMcQueen5683LoveMcQueen5683 Posts: 3,689 Member
    Also I hope console version gets these too at the same time as PC
    LR3g0ni.jpg
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,853 Member
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »
    The Game Pack looks very interesting! Looks like a unique vacation destination unlike the others we've seen.

I just hope the gameplay won't be too similar to The Sims 3: World Adventures. Tomb exploration was fun the first time, but after that, it becomes a nuisance. If they found a way to make it so tombs are randomly generated and different each time you load into them (which many games have done before), I'd be all for it.

That's a great idea. For me the WA tombs were a one and done thing.
  • rras1994rras1994 Posts: 47 Member
    Also I hope console version gets these too at the same time as PC

I'm not sure if that will happen, products gettting launched on PC have different requirements to a console i.e the console take longer as they have to go through a process called certification which costs money and is basically the console platformer making sure that the product is significant enough standard to go on their platform. Considering the Sims development is designed round PC and they also would have to go through the process of converting it for console (though considering console architecture is very similar to PCs now it might not be too dificult for add-ons) they might not be able to keep it on the same release schedule though I could be wrong of course. It's just added dificulty.
  • ElCaptainElCaptain Posts: 21 New Member
    Wasn't to crazy about the Outdoor Retreat pack, but I'm always interested in new locations. Shame it's probably only gonna be used for vacations, I guess? I'm actually more excited for the Laundry stuff :pensive:
  • mirta000mirta000 Posts: 2,974 Member
    after vampires and parenthood this new pack looks... Very Meh. It's like we went back to Outdoor Retreat quality. Maybe I'm judging too fast though.
  • liliaethliliaeth Posts: 1,087 Member
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »

That's a great idea. For me the WA tombs were a one and done thing.

I kinda hope they're not. Mostly because if they're game generated, then that would probably mean we can't build our own tombs. And I liked building tombs in WA
    brendhan21 wrote: »
    Drago97232 wrote: »
    > @brendhan21 said:
    > well then that could be why people seem to be super mega excited about the game pack and are barely talking about the stuff pack.(my guess is not alot of people wanted laundry are confused as to why it won but again since they cant say anything postive about it the only option is to not say anything at all)

We know everything about Laundry Day so...

yeah well no one seems to be excited about it. for the record i am looking forward to it! even though people say i complain about every other pack but oh i should be then focusing on being excited about that pack rather then complaining about this new pack.

Happy New Year @brendhan21! As several have explained we've had plenty of time to get used to the Laundry pack. I'm looking forward to it. :) This is a newly announced pack so of course we're excited about it.
  • Dreamie209Dreamie209 Posts: 3,165 Member
    edited January 2018
    I'd really like a vacation pack...but please please for the love of all freezer bunnies make the "adventure" stuff optional :tired_face: . I still remember pulling my hair out during World Adventures just to get a vacation house, and uninstalling until I found a mod for it lol. Besides that, it doesn't look too bad, just not a fan of the adventure stuff.

Laundry Day is looking alright though, so nice for that one. <3
    tumblr_p0kj4y5zKY1rz1zglo1_1280.png
    Fun Times, Cherished Memories, All under one Dream. Visit: The Dreamhouse and AbbyDreams
  • MissNightOwlMissNightOwl Posts: 740 Member
    mirta000 wrote: »
    to be fair the year already started more negatively than 2017. Their first GP of 2017 was something far more awaited for. 2018 will be not very negative from the looks of it, but fairly cricket inducing.

I'm not sure about that. I mean, a lot of people have rather strong opinion on Supernatural in the game in general. I guess I see a vacation destination as safer theme. It could be good for different kind of players.

Also, I believe that the game pack team went through the long way since the Outdoor Retreat, and while it could be similar, I hope it will be way better executed.
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Dreamie209 wrote: »
    I'd really like a vacation pack...but please please for the love of all freezer bunnies make the "adventure" stuff optional :tired_face: . I still remember pulling my hair out during World Adventures just to get a vacation house, and uninstalling until I found a mod for it lol. Besides that, it doesn't look too bad, just not a fan of the adventure stuff.

I hope this time around you have a choice of just relaxing on vacation or going on adventures.
  • Huiiie_07Huiiie_07 Posts: 1,200 Member
    I'm sooo excited about this new gamepack. I always found Granite Falls/OR in general a bit boring and lackluster, and the new gamepack reminds me so much of World Adventures, one of my favorite eps for TS3, but with a different theme. It's always nice to get something new. I haven't really followed the thing with the laundry stuff pack because I haven't voted for it, but I might be interested in it when we get some cool new, cheap looking furniture with it :)
    Origin ID: Huiiie_07

I like to build stuff
  • Armilus616Armilus616 Posts: 683 Member
    To each their own.
    There are plenty of Simmers who hate the vampires game pack. I do believe they acknowledge the quality, but dislike the theme.
    Some simmers are unable to play with Vampires, Aliens, Ghosts, Wishing Wells, Voodoo-dolls, the Grim Reaper, floating while meditating, but need laundry, seasons, pets, cleaning the house and repairing the sink.
    I (and a few others) cannot play without at least something.
  • EA_LannaEA_Lanna Posts: 3,867 EA Community Manager
    edited January 2018
    Hi folks, did a quick clean-up of the thread. I'd like to ask you to please aim to keep on topic and steer away from personal comments going forward :) Thanks all.
    • New Simmers, take a moment to read through this thread.
    • The Help Center is hosted on Answers HQ. Check out EA_Mage's thread on why.
    • Please post all Sims 4 Bug Reports, Technical and Gameplay issues in the AHQ Sims 4 Section.
    • Here is a quick link to The Sims forum rules
    oa2aib6yaucg.jpg

• mirta000mirta000 Posts: 2,974 Member
    I'm not sure about that. I mean, a lot of people have rather strong opinion on Supernatural in the game in general. I guess I see a vacation destination as safer theme. It could be good for different kind of players.

Also, I believe that the game pack team went through the long way since the Outdoor Retreat, and while it could be similar, I hope it will be way better executed.

I am willing to give them benefit of a doubt as it's a 15 second teaser, but honestly I just feel like it's going to be a themed ride like Outdoor Retreat. You visit the area, you ooh and you aaah and then 2 days later you practically never enter it again, because it's out of the way and you've seen it all. World Adventures was not greatly rated when it came out, as far more people just wanted Bon Voyage rather than some odd tomb exploration game, but it grew on us over time. At the same time World Adventures were 3 massive maps with wine, martial arts and other similar side activities that enriched people's experience in the game coupled with beautiful nature views to take photos in. A GP themed exactly the same as world adventures will not beat world adventures, unless they provide us with actual space to build and the ability to make our own theme rides + something for those that don't feel like going on an adventure, but rather would prefer a family holiday.

I just don't see how they could pull off the theme that they're going for well, but I suppose that just means that I'll be very pleasantly surprised if they do.
  • Dreamie209Dreamie209 Posts: 3,165 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    Dreamie209 wrote: »

I hope this time around you have a choice of just relaxing on vacation or going on adventures.

I'm pretty much hoping the same. Exploring and sightseeing on my own pace without worrying about "Oh hey can you do this for me, I'll give you coins to a house....But first, you must risk your life in a mummy tomb!!!...till then you can sleep with a whole camp." lol like what was I playing? :lol: . Like for me that was a pain.

I'd rather get my sims settled, and if the time came, allow us the player if we wanna go see bigfoot or not. Ooh I wonder if Honeymoons are in here too.
    tumblr_p0kj4y5zKY1rz1zglo1_1280.png
    Fun Times, Cherished Memories, All under one Dream. Visit: The Dreamhouse and AbbyDreams
    Tweet from SimGuruDoi

[img][/img]l2zO3Cl.png
  • EmperorDittoEmperorDitto Posts: 128 Member
    Looks like a interesting teaser and wonder what else that game pack will offer us.
  • zubrowkaszubrowkas Posts: 375 Member
    I saw someone say in a different thread that they believed the destination in the GP was inspired by South America. If that's true then that's actually quite interesting to me - as I was under the impression that we were getting a re-worked version of Al Simhara. I hope there's a nice balance of interactive things to do there but also the ability to just send our sims for a nice, relaxing holiday. I was never too keen on the challenges of World Adventures.

Lastly, I'm excited to see the hairstyles in the Laundry Pack. I believe @SimGuruGraham said he wrote a blog on them but that seemingly never came to fruition. Hopefully that pack makes it's way to us by the end of the month.