Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you have certain sims you just can't let pass on?

ยซ1
One of my founding families
๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ Pharaoh (named for the Egyption goddess) and npc Matthew Blount. Matthew had an aspiration that gave him longer life. They have come to the end of their lives and Matthew has enough points for the life elixir for both him and ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ. I am hoping that finally ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ can complete her aspiration. For some reason my game is not counting the nights spent in a tent. I almost let them go as their son is a criminal and needs to see a sim die. I just couldn't let these two move on to the after life. So now I will see if I can get ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ her aspiration and Matt can continue to love his grandchildren.
EA ID burnished_dragon

Comments

• Options
    kemiszkemisz Posts: 602 Member
    If there is a sim I get really attached to, I save them as YAs to my saved sims and add them to other games to play again and again. Some sims I've played dozens of different iterations of. But I rarely try to extend the life of a sim in a save, because I want to see them live a full and happy life and sometimes that means bringing a nice end to that life.
    My EA ID is TranquilloSims - where I upload starter homes, family homes and some more ambitious creations.

• Options
    So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member
    My primary sim, George, will live on forever.
  • Options
    BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    I play with aging off, so all of them.
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • Options
    Celticgamer0Celticgamer0 Posts: 1,997 Member
    edited January 2018
    I did in Sims 3. His name was Alan Flowers and he was always my founder. He was a witch, vampire, immortal sim, and a cowboy lol. The Sims 4 I grow close to my sims and I am sad to see them pass, but none have made me want to keep them forever in Sims 4.

*Edit* Well I suppose Alyssa (my avatar) is my new favourite, but that's due to stories.
  • Options
    NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    I have not gotten that attached to any Sims enough to want them to live forever. I do have a legacy family that is on generation 7 right now though.
  • Options
    Dreamie209Dreamie209 Posts: 3,165 Member
    edited January 2018
    I like my sims, but I've never really gotten to the super fear of losing them in this iteration like most have. Since I do legacies and stories, it's pretty natural for me to have them eventually die. Thus why I hardly ever have the aging off. For me the beauty of it is their memory and the beautiful life they live. I think that's why I enjoy the "cradle to the grave" experience. Truly giving them a unique experience in their lives and having it come to a close. With the MCCC not all of them live as long as others, which also feels unique to me.

Even during random deaths (like from emotions, fires or pufferfish), I just continue on and allow it. As someone said above though, I do have some sims saved, like my simself. But even she dies whenever the time comes. Ahh the circle of life <3.
    tumblr_p0kj4y5zKY1rz1zglo1_1280.png
    Fun Times, Cherished Memories, All under one Dream. Visit: The Dreamhouse and AbbyDreams
  • Options
    TheHavocadoTheHavocado Posts: 607 Member
    > @verlainem said:
    > > For some reason my game is not counting the nights spent in a tent.

Maybe this info could help you :

How I did that is my sim sleeps from 10pm-6am. So basically, it has to be longer than 6 hours (like the description) and the most crucial part : your sim can't be interrupted during that AND have to wake up themselves. If you cancel the action, it won't work. It took me 2 in game weeks to get that.

For thread :

Only one sim. My played sim with everything maxed out. A Grand Master Vampire. She is probably the most detailed sim I've ever dressed (from make-up to accessories, just a bit ambitious). She is the second generation, right after my CAS sims got pregnant. Probably the prettiest baby RNG I've got so far too (IMO).

Currently trying on realistic playthrough though, with autonomy on where I only play 1 sim for Legendary Legacy run. (except marriages)

FYI : It's a bit frustrating to keep all of them alive XD
    Me, when triggered:
    CPwGluP.gif
    "All this negativity doesn't add up."
  • Options
    WUBBAWUBBADUBDUB77WUBBAWUBBADUBDUB77 Posts: 52 Member
    [quote="So_Money;c-16244757"]My primary sim, George, will live on forever.[/quote]
    Is that the fitness aspiration? I have that one and i am super close to completing it
  • Options
    TheHavocadoTheHavocado Posts: 607 Member
    > @WUBBAWUBBADUBDUB77 said:
    > Is that the fitness aspiration? I have that one and i am super close to completing it

IIRC, that thing only give you prolonged life. The only way I know how to go beyond eternity is by Potion of Youth, Ambrosia, and Vampire. Or Options Menu.
    Me, when triggered:
    CPwGluP.gif
    "All this negativity doesn't add up."
  • Options
    DevilNDisguiseDevilNDisguise Posts: 2,225 Member
    My Sim, Tory Frost. Iโ€™m probably going to cry when itโ€™s time for him to die. He just recently aged to an elder and it kind of broke my heart. Iโ€™ve had him in my game for over 2 years now; started playing him when he was only a young adult townie-bartender. But none of my Sims are immortal in this save, unfortunately, so he will have to pass on. But Iโ€™m going to temporarily age him down so I can properly save him to my gallery.
  • Options
    WUBBAWUBBADUBDUB77WUBBAWUBBADUBDUB77 Posts: 52 Member
    [quote="TheHavocado;c-16245187"]> @WUBBAWUBBADUBDUB77 said:
    > Is that the fitness aspiration? I have that one and i am super close to completing it

IIRC, that thing only give you prolonged life. The only way I know how to go beyond eternity is by Potion of Youth, Ambrosia, and Vampire. Or Options Menu.[/quote]

Thank you
  • Options
    MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,177 Member
    I almost always play with aging off, so very few Sims have died in my game.
    In fact I've never had one die of old age in TS4 - or TS3 for that matter (didn't play that one very much). I did in TS2, I was on gen 4 or 5 of my neighbourhood rotation when Sims 4 was released and I haven't gone back to TS2 since (also because it's only installed on my age old laptop that starts hyperventilating the moment you launch the game).
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,562 Member
    I always keep copies of my favorite Sims in my library. That way should disaster occur, I can always start them anew. Yeah, I'm still the Queen of Resets. :open_mouth:
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    surraaaaaasurraaaaaa Posts: 859 Member
    edited January 2018
    Only my real life cat, faith. I gave her age down treats to keep her an adult cat until my heir aged to YA and moved out, so i wouldn't be playing the household when she dies. Luckily, i got a new laptop for Christmas and didn't transfer my save or anything, so she never died in game.
    In real life she's about 15, and i got her when I was about 10, so I've had her forever and she's my actual baby. I just couldn't imagine seeing her death in game, or ever, i guess.
    Sims though? Who cares, bring on the next gen!
  • Options
    HippiSimsDesignHippiSimsDesign Posts: 58 Member
    I haven't necessarily gotten attached to a sim like that, but I will say it is so sad and frustrating when I get a sims relationship up and next thing you know they unexpectedly die. I had a sim that I had finally gotten happy and in love and she had a baby....then set a fire in the backyard when trying to grill and died...leaving her husband and child without a wife or mother. It was hurtful to watch her go because I had put so much time into her story.
  • Options
    MissNightOwlMissNightOwl Posts: 740 Member
    I play with aging off, so all of them.

It's pretty same with me, and it always was, but in TS4 I get especially attachted to my Sims. I have a few saves so I always have something to do with some family, and somehow I don't even need to go pass 2-3 generations. Sometimes I'm thinking about doing some kind of legacy but I guess I'm not ready yet ;)
  • Options
    FallenPrinceFallenPrince Posts: 928 Member
    My sim October and her brother. Just cannot let them go.
  • Options
    paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    Pretty much every single Sim I create, I just can't help it. This is why I save them all in the library and keep them in other saves where they can all live immortal, but in my main save, aging is still on but only for active households and it's on Long, so most will die eventually and it'll be sad to see them go, but I also need the space lol.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Options
    Jenna2376Jenna2376 Posts: 120 Member
    Hahaha, I can't even bare to play with aging on most of the time! I don't want to watch them grow old and die! I've got 3 generations of "Young Adults/Adults" in my current game. I'll age them up with cheats, but stop when they are adults. It's just so sad to watch them get old and die. :'(
  • Options
    figrollzxoxfigrollzxox Posts: 20 Member
    i get too close with ALL my sims, so I just keep them all and turn aging off lol
    โ˜•๏ธโ˜•๏ธโ˜•๏ธ
  • Options
    aujinehaujineh Posts: 454 Member
    The ones I can't let go I turn them into vampires and give them sun immunity so I can go play other sims. I can't see how playing with aging off could work in my games. I always want to see what my sims' offspring will look like as kids, then teens and then when they grow up I want the cycle to continue. I could never age up all those sims so I play on long life and make the sims I can't let go I make immortal.
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    No one has died yet.
    Except for Cade, she was participating in That Deadly Reality Show.
    As a rule, the sims with the lowest Satisfaction points has to go first.
    That would be Cade.
    03-07-16_8-27-52nbspAM.png

It didn't care much for the offering.
    Oh well... she must make a wish anyway.
    03-07-16_8-28-05nbspAM.png

Oh that can't possibly be good.
    03-07-16_8-28-41nbspAM.png

Oh no, it's sucking skill points away from her.
    My brainy girl is brainy no more.
    03-07-16_8-29-02nbspAM.png

Cade is mortified!
    03-07-16_8-29-29nbspAM.png

???
    03-07-16_8-29-57nbspAM.png

"Guys? Did Cade just die?"
    03-07-16_8-30-34nbspAM.png

OMG!!!
    03-07-16_8-31-13nbspAM.png

I can't believe it. Cade is dead.
    Starting now, we are officially That Deadly Reality Show.
    03-07-16_8-31-35nbspAM.png

Awww.
    I didn't think she would be the first.
    03-07-16_8-32-19nbspAM.png

I'm going to miss her getting all squeamish over icky things.
    03-07-16_8-38-08nbspAM.png

I wasn't fast enough with the camera to catch some of Grim's best animations.
    03-07-16_8-38-20nbspAM.png

Oh now the well is happy.
    You are evil! A very evil wishing well.
    03-07-16_8-39-41nbspAM.png

She's in my library though, so she will be back.
    I started all my young adult sims over again as toddlers and I will stop aging when they become teens.
    They are going to stay that way until we get University.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,378 Member
    That's horrible CK. Great pictures!

I play on long lifespan, have my games set to active household aging only when played. I only have a few sims who I made in CAS whom I just can't get attached, as most of them are a hoot to play, they all have their own little personalities and I love a sim who will make me laugh at the stuff they can do...autonomously. I make sure and save them as YA's so I can put them in other games. Lol, I haven't made a CAS sim for over a year...just keep reusing the ones in my library. :D

Since my sims rarely have deadly accidents, and I wouldn't kill them on purpose, they will generally live a long, long life. And for those whom I just can't let go, there's always alternatives. :*
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Options
    ElleysimsElleysims Posts: 133 Member
    Any of my pets. I just keep aging them down when they become an elder. Since I can't see their age, I haven't even played their elder mode yet since I don't want them to die on accident
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    I play with ageing off so none of my Sims have died except 1 Sim that died when I forgot to pause the game overnight and that Sim has been resurrected.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"