Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

[Leaked!] The Sims 4: Jungle Adventures GP Speculation

Comments

• kwanzaabotkwanzaabot Posts: 2,440 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    kwanzaabot wrote: »
    Well, we're gonna need some kind of "base camp" in this new destination world.

I doubt we'll get campsites, because we already have campsites (and why would we buy Outdoor Retreat if this pack does the same thing?), so I'm banking on hotels instead. Maybe some beachside resorts.

And if the Maxis-gods are really kind, we'll be able to own those hotels like a business, and hopefully set them up in other worlds. I really, really, really want a ritzy high-rise hotel in one of the San Myshuno penthouses, and B&B's in Brindleton Bay.

As for other features, well, tomb-building seems plausible. I mean, it's just a bunch of buy mode objects that our Sims need to navigate past. No reason why we wouldn't get them. Maybe some kind of adventure system, too, where our Sims get sent out on different quests on various community lots in the world.

This is only a game pack. If anything they will reuse the rental lot setup that they’ve been sitting on since OR released in 2015. The GP looks like it’s taken some inspiration from Indiana Jones, and I can tell you he did not stay in hotels. Hotels realistically don’t fit with the adventure theme, but even if they did squeeze them in there is no way they could offer ownership, functionality, and a whole other adventure theme in one game pack. I think you are setting your expectations way too high.

I think you're right. I don't see them adding in a hotel theme on top of a vacation/adventure theme, there's not enough room. It will probably be the same rental system that we have in OR but maybe they'll take the suggestions and allow us to live there too, if we want.

So if there's no hotels, what's the new gameplay?

There's not gonna be enough lots for an interesting adventure system. We'll get 5-6 lots, max. At least half of those will be some sort of residential lot (rentals or hotels, either way).

I mean, I'm sure exploring the same 2 tombs over and over again is fun for some people, but for me, I need something that's got a bit more longevity.
    wJbomAo.png
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member

I doubt we'll get campsites, because we already have campsites (and why would we buy Outdoor Retreat if this pack does the same thing?), so I'm banking on hotels instead. Maybe some beachside resorts.

And if the Maxis-gods are really kind, we'll be able to own those hotels like a business, and hopefully set them up in other worlds. I really, really, really want a ritzy high-rise hotel in one of the San Myshuno penthouses, and B&B's in Brindleton Bay.

As for other features, well, tomb-building seems plausible. I mean, it's just a bunch of buy mode objects that our Sims need to navigate past. No reason why we wouldn't get them. Maybe some kind of adventure system, too, where our Sims get sent out on different quests on various community lots in the world.

This is only a game pack. If anything they will reuse the rental lot setup that they’ve been sitting on since OR released in 2015. The GP looks like it’s taken some inspiration from Indiana Jones, and I can tell you he did not stay in hotels. Hotels realistically don’t fit with the adventure theme, but even if they did squeeze them in there is no way they could offer ownership, functionality, and a whole other adventure theme in one game pack. I think you are setting your expectations way too high.

I think you're right. I don't see them adding in a hotel theme on top of a vacation/adventure theme, there's not enough room. It will probably be the same rental system that we have in OR but maybe they'll take the suggestions and allow us to live there too, if we want.

There's not gonna be enough lots for an interesting adventure system. We'll get 5-6 lots, max. At least half of those will be some sort of residential lot (rentals or hotels, either way).

I mean, I'm sure exploring the same 2 tombs over and over again is fun for some people, but for me, I need something that's got a bit more longevity.

Well, using OR as an example, the National Park could be the adventure lot and with six possible levels, there could be a lot of different possibilities, depending on what route you choose.

Well, using OR as an example, the National Park could be the adventure lot and with six possible levels, there could be a lot of different possibilities, depending on what route you choose.

Using OR as an example, we'll have a pyramid lot. There'll be traps and maybe a couple of skeletons that we'll have to avoid. If we find the rabbithole, then we'll get a short text adventure that leads us to the mummy's tomb, and we get some treasure, and maybe make a new friend.

That's one adventure. Where's the rest? This is the GP's theme, isn't it?
    wJbomAo.png
  • drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,114 Member

Listen I hear you, and I agree with you. The game has tiny worlds, there won’t be much adventuring. I was simply saying that hotels don’t fit the theme, at all. I don’t know the new gameplay, I assume it will have to do with exploring tombs, probably solving puzzles, and collecting artifacts. It won’t be WA from Sims 3, but at best a super mega ultra ultra lite version of JUST the tomb exploration aspects. I doubt we will even be able to edit them.

I’m waiting to see what exactly they’re going for before I make any conclusions. GP’s have been decent, at least in my opinion.

Listen I hear you, and I agree with you. The game has tiny worlds, there won’t be much adventuring. I was simply saying that hotels don’t fit the theme, at all. I don’t know the new gameplay, I assume it will have to do with exploring tombs, probably solving puzzles, and collecting artifacts. It won’t be WA from Sims 3, but at best a super mega ultra ultra lite version of JUST the tomb exploration aspects. I doubt we will even be able to edit them.

I’m waiting to see what exactly they’re going for before I make any conclusions. GP’s have been decent, at least in my opinion.

You're making a lot of assumptions that "adventures" are the theme at all.

The "tropical island getaway" theme is just as likely (see Bon Voyage, Sims Castaway Stories and Sunlit Tides, for instance- the tropics in Sims games often have a strong Indiana Jones/Mesoamerican influence in their world design), and has the advantage of not just being limited to a single lot in which to utilize that theme.

World Adventures was also one of the least successful EPs of the TS3 era, and received a huge backlash when it was announced- I'd be very surprised if the higher-ups at EA would give the go-ahead to a repeat of that.
    wJbomAo.png

The "tropical island getaway" theme is just as likely (see Bon Voyage, Sims Castaway Stories and Sunlit Tides, for instance- the tropics in Sims games often have a strong Indiana Jones/Mesoamerican influence in their world design), and has the advantage of not just being limited to a single lot in which to utilize that theme.

World Adventures was also one of the least successful EPs of the TS3 era, and received a huge backlash when it was announced- I'd be very surprised if the higher-ups at EA would give the go-ahead to a repeat of that.

SimsCommunity said EA confirmed it as an adventure themed game pack. Take a good look at the packs icon and tell me what you think that is. Does that look like something that represents a tropical island getaway? No - it looks like something that was inspired by ancient civilizations (Aztec, Mayan, Zapotec, etc) all of which built elaborate structures that inspired the tomb exploration we see today in movies, video games, and other places.

I think our conversation has ran it’s course. There’s literally no information about the GP other than a 4 second clip and a confirmation via SC that it’s adventure themed. You don’t like that? Well that is unfortunate, but EA doesn’t care about The Sims or what The Sims players want, like, or dislike. They see $$$$ and that is all.
    edited January 2018

SimsCommunity said EA confirmed it as an adventure themed game pack. Take a good look at the packs icon and tell me what you think that is. Does that look like something that represents a tropical island getaway? No - it looks like something that was inspired by ancient civilizations (Aztec, Mayan, Zapotec, etc) all of which built elaborate structures that inspired the tomb exploration we see today in movies, video games, and other places.

I think our conversation has ran it’s course. There’s literally no information about the GP other than a 4 second clip and a confirmation via SC that it’s adventure themed. You don’t like that? Well that is unfortunate, but EA doesn’t care about The Sims or what The Sims players want, like, or dislike. They see $$$$ and that is all.

If they see $$$$ then they should know World Adventures bombed, and that repeating your past mistakes and expecting different results is the very definition of insanity.

The icon is a Aztec face thing. Yes.
    That doesn't mean it's going to be a repeat of World Adventures. It just implies that it's going to be set in a Mesoamerican-inspired world. Which, as I said earlier, is a common source of inspiration for tropical worlds in The Sims. The icon means exactly nothing.

And SimsCommunity are reporting on the trailer. I saw the same article you did. The Gurus can't talk about the pack yet. To anybody- especially fansites.

You can act like you're the authority on what this pack is if you want, but the fact is we're both speculating. Only I'm basing my argument on logic (good luck adventuring in 2 lots), and you're basing yours on "there's an Aztec mask! That means it's an adventure pack!"

wJbomAo.png
  • AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    So far the GPs have been the most solid packs for TS4 so, as skeptical as I am when they announce upcoming EPs, I'm rather pumped at the moment.
    I love the Ancient Civilization look of it and the idea of a jungle adventure.
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.

If they see $$$$ then they should know World Adventures bombed, and that repeating your past mistakes and expecting different results is the very definition of insanity.

The icon is a Aztec face thing. Yes.
    That doesn't mean it's going to be a repeat of World Adventures. It just implies that it's going to be set in a Mesoamerican-inspired world. Which, as I said earlier, is a common source of inspiration for tropical worlds in The Sims. The icon means exactly nothing.

And SimsCommunity are reporting on the trailer. I saw the same article you did. The Gurus can't talk about the pack yet.

You can act like you're the authority on what this pack is if you want, but the fact is we're both speculating. Only I'm basing my argument on logic (good luck adventuring in 2 lots), and you're basing yours on "there's an Aztec mask! That means it's an adventure pack!"

I never said anything about it being a repeat of World Adventures, in fact I didn’t say a lot of what you are putting in my mouth.

I even agreed with you. Yet here you are arguing with me because you don’t want an adventure pack. You aren’t basing anything on logic, you are arguing about Maxis making a pack that contains themes from a completely different pack that you didn’t like. So how about you stop putting words in my mouth, and we both drop it? This is spiraling, and frankly you are going to wind up getting this thread closed.
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    If this will be anything like WA I’m buying!
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,410 Member
    The adventure theme looks really exiting to me. I think it will be a jungle theme world but we have so little information right now, it could be anything. A beach would be nice but I don't want to get my hopes up. And of course our sims need some form of lodgings if it is a vacation world, so it could be hotels. But for all I know it could also be a regular world with an adventurous community lot to visit.

What I've learned from the sims 4 so far is, the packs are never a repeat from the previous games, just sometimes a similar theme.
    Cats and dogs is not sims 3 Pets (horses, birds, snakes ...)
    Outdoor retreat is not Bon Voyage (Just one destination because it's a GP, no hotels).
    Get to work is not OFB (restaurants turned into a seperate pack, only retail and no ticketing machine).
    So I'm not going to consider this a "World Adventures for sims 4". As a GP it will never have all the features of an EP. It will have fewer and different features. But I am looking forward to it. I can't wait to find out more.
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    If it's not an adventure pack they are letting hundreds run with the wrong idea on twitter and there is going to be much disappointment.

And the one thing EA is good at is advertising. I think it is adventure themed. How good it can be based in a game pack world remains to be seen.
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    I'm wondering about that skeleton myself. Is it a new occult? New NPC? How does it tie into the theme?

Will we be finally able to sacrifice our sims to sate the fickle volcano gods? Time will tell
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    edited January 2018
    icmnfrsh wrote: »
    I'm wondering about that skeleton myself. Is it a new occult? New NPC? How does it tie into the theme?

Will we be finally able to sacrifice our sims to sate the fickle volcano gods? Time will tell
    Seems like some kind of temporary curse when tomb exploring gets wrong. :D

At first I thought it was a new NPC, but then I noticed that the skeleton is wearing glasses. THE SAME GLASSES as the guy talking about skeletons before. That's why I think it's some kind of curse.
    a256aFi.gif

Seems like some kind of temporary curse when tomb exploring gets wrong. :D

At first I thought it was a new NPC, but then I noticed that the skeleton is wearing glasses. THE SAME GLASSES as the guy talking about skeletons before. That's why I think it's some kind of curse.

Ooh, I like that theory. At the very least it'll add something new and hilarious that can happen to my sims
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Honey_Pie_360Honey_Pie_360 Posts: 240 Member
    Well IMO I think if there would be any beach/tropical related content, the GP's icon would have clearly hinted towards that..seeing that having a beach in the Sims 4 Is obviously a big deal. Now except a beach was part of the features not initially planned for, I don't see why they would toss it in a Tiki theamed gp rather than having it in a fully fledged huwain/ tropical or summerish kinda dlc. Having said this I actually hope speculating this gp's feature to be a vacation/ adventure type is not me having false expectation.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    It's simple logic. If they give us a small beach that's part of a bigger jungle GP, they won't give us a full beach GP later on. Don't you want a full on beach vacation with all the bells and whistles and possibly ocean swimming, diving, mermaids and other plum stuff.? Well, you won't get it if they give us a small beach shoved into a jungle adventure pack.

Oh yeah, that's a good point. I'd rather have a dedicated beach pack. Maybe they can just patch in a basic ocean swimming feature sometime before, and then the pack can expand on that with fun stuff like windsurfing, jet skis, sandcastles, and whatnot.

Problem is we may have to wait another year for it.
  • simgamesimgame Posts: 538 Member
    I’m so excited! I hope we will be able to live up there :smile: but prob not tho
  • simgamesimgame Posts: 538 Member
    I think this world might have one beach lot but mostly lots in the jungle
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    If it's not an adventure pack they are letting hundreds run with the wrong idea on twitter and there is going to be much disappointment.

And the one thing EA is good at is advertising. I think it is adventure themed. How good it can be based in a game pack world remains to be seen.
    I can’t imagine it involves three worlds and numerous tombs to be honest. Hopefully the ability to build your own tombs? That would be nice.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    JoAnne65 wrote: »

I can’t imagine it involves three worlds and numerous tombs to be honest. Hopefully the ability to build your own tombs? That would be nice.

Would be great. But I don't see it as a possibility. *Cough* apartments *cough*

Be interested to see the trailer. I love world adventures so I'm curious.
    It's simple logic. If they give us a small beach that's part of a bigger jungle GP, they won't give us a full beach GP later on. Don't you want a full on beach vacation with all the bells and whistles and possibly ocean swimming, diving, mermaids and other plum stuff.? Well, you won't get it if they give us a small beach shoved into a jungle adventure pack.

Oh yeah, that's a good point. I'd rather have a dedicated beach pack. Maybe they can just patch in a basic ocean swimming feature sometime before, and then the pack can expand on that with fun stuff like windsurfing, jet skis, sandcastles, and whatnot.

Problem is we may have to wait another year for it.

I don't mind. This one looks interesting too. I hope it has really nice gameplay

• EA_MageEA_Mage Posts: 1,354 EA Staff (retired)
    So ... I removed a number of posts from this thread - personal attacks are not OK!

(Some posts were removed because quotes of not so nice posts).
    Thanks,
    -Mage
  • Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member

Exploring could just be the main feature. I mean obviously it won’t be a tropical getaway, but maybe they will introduce swimming in the water. I think that’s what people really expect from a tropical pack anyway.
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited January 2018
    jackjack_k wrote: »
    jackjack_k wrote: »
    A 5-lot world doesn't get several themes.
    Granite Falls and Forgotten Hollow are focused on 1 unique theme.

Granite Falls has 7 lots, and 3 different locations.

One by the lake, one in the deep woods, one in the Mountains.

All quite different. So you could have a coast, a deep jungle and a 3rd location, maybe inside a tomb.

But the devs made it clear - gamepacks have one theme - period. GF is about camping - period.

True, but you can have a variety of environments.
    We had 3 locations within Granite Falls.

The person I quoted said both Granite Falls and Forgotten Hollow were 5 lots only, in one place :)

We can get a variety of locations within the same theme. One on the shoreline of the jungle, one in the jungle, one in some ruins or temples.

:)

GF is bigger than FH.

But even though GF has three locations they aren't different at all (and I'm saying this as it not being a problem for me, I like that they kept the theme steady).They are all in the same forested area. The first one is the lodging area, the other the deep forest and the last the hermit's secret hut.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top