Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

[Leaked!] The Sims 4: Jungle Adventures GP Speculation

Comments

• Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,421 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    jackjack_k wrote: »
    A 5-lot world doesn't get several themes.
    Granite Falls and Forgotten Hollow are focused on 1 unique theme.

Granite Falls has 7 lots, and 3 different locations.

One by the lake, one in the deep woods, one in the Mountains.

All quite different. So you could have a coast, a deep jungle and a 3rd location, maybe inside a tomb.

But the devs made it clear - gamepacks have one theme - period. GF is about camping - period.

True, but you can have a variety of environments.
    We had 3 locations within Granite Falls.

The person I quoted said both Granite Falls and Forgotten Hollow were 5 lots only, in one place :)

We can get a variety of locations within the same theme. One on the shoreline of the jungle, one in the jungle, one in some ruins or temples.

:)

GF is bigger than FH.

But even though GF has three locations they aren't different at all (and I'm saying this as it not being a problem for me, I like that they kept the theme steady).They are all in the same forested area. The first one is the lodging area, the other the deep forest and the last the hermit's secret hut.

I think Granite Falls and Forgotton Hollow prove worlds don't need to be big to be interesting. Big worlds in Sims 4 are split into small neighbourhoods anyway so you don't really notice the size difference in gameplay. They are two worlds with a unique setting so I hope the adventure pack wil give us another world with it's own flavour, no matter how it compares in size to GF en FH.
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,215 Member
    edited January 2018
    A 5-lot world doesn't get several themes.
    Granite Falls and Forgotten Hollow are focused on 1 unique theme.

Granite Falls has 7 lots, and 3 different locations.

One by the lake, one in the deep woods, one in the Mountains.

All quite different. So you could have a coast, a deep jungle and a 3rd location, maybe inside a tomb.

But the devs made it clear - gamepacks have one theme - period. GF is about camping - period.

True, but you can have a variety of environments.
    We had 3 locations within Granite Falls.

The person I quoted said both Granite Falls and Forgotten Hollow were 5 lots only, in one place :)

We can get a variety of locations within the same theme. One on the shoreline of the jungle, one in the jungle, one in some ruins or temples.

:)

GF is bigger than FH.

But even though GF has three locations they aren't different at all (and I'm saying this as it not being a problem for me, I like that they kept the theme steady).They are all in the same forested area. The first one is the lodging area, the other the deep forest and the last the hermit's secret hut.

And there is no interest to add a tiny beach when a Summer Vacation GP/EP is already planned with many beach activities.

Maxis never do twice the same theme, if there is a beach in this GP, we won't get beaches again.
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member

they have a new manager now so maybe that changed
    I know you really want a beach @catloverplayer but I don't think it's gonna be with this pack if there is one it will likely just be like in bb
    where it looks like beach and thats all I don't think they would kill a whole other pack idea like that
    not when there could be a really detailed beach pack later on with hotel running and honey moon as the theme
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,392 Member

I know you really want a beach @catloverplayer but I don't think it's gonna be with this pack if there is one it will likely just be like in bb
    where it looks like beach and thats all I don't think they would kill a whole other pack idea like that
    not when there could be a really detailed beach pack later on with hotel running and honey moon as the theme

I really hope we don't have to wait another year for a Tropical Vacation Destination like Twikki Island in TS2.
    edited January 2018

I really hope we don't have to wait another year for a Tropical Vacation Destination like Twikki Island in TS2.

we might not have to who knows maybe there will be three gps this year @catloverplayer

I was thinking a beach could work if it had things like suntanning and hula dancing and a luau maybe even a witch doctor
    but I don't think there will be a hotel we can run or surfing @catloverplayer
    I also think limbo and hot springs could be possible
  • Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member

Omg hot springs yes I loved them back in Sims 2 and also the walk on fire rocks but that's tiki this seems more tribal pyramid or something.
    Briana2425 wrote: »

Omg hot springs yes I loved them back in Sims 2 and also the walk on fire rocks but that's tiki this seems more tribal pyramid or something.

I was thinking it could be something like joe vs the volcano a parody so it could have both
    https://youtu.be/9VaSwe1n5Vw
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    We'll probably get sleeping bags and some kind of hotels like we did in TS3 with WA. They won't be resort hotels unfortuanly but I'm hoping they'll atleast be like the ones we had in TS3 in China.

There is nothing that says anything about hotels, which you should know would be a BIG add to a pack. Please stop getting peoples hopes up for things that will only happen in your head.
    We'll probably get sleeping bags and some kind of hotels like we did in TS3 with WA. They won't be resort hotels unfortuanly but I'm hoping they'll atleast be like the ones we had in TS3 in China.

There is nothing that says anything about hotels, which you should know would be a BIG add to a pack. Please stop getting peoples hopes up for things that will only happen in your head.

They'll have to have somewhere to spend the night and I'm going by TS3's WA. It had hotels. They've got to sleep somewhere.

I am thinking it will be set up like GF. We will probably have destination lots, not hotels.
  • bandcampsquirrelbandcampsquirrel Posts: 2,187 Member
    It's simple logic. If they give us a small beach that's part of a bigger jungle GP, they won't give us a full beach GP later on. Don't you want a full on beach vacation with all the bells and whistles and possibly ocean swimming, diving, mermaids and other plum stuff.? Well, you won't get it if they give us a small beach shoved into a jungle adventure pack.[/quote
    It's simple logic. If they give us a small beach that's part of a bigger jungle GP, they won't give us a full beach GP later on. Don't you want a full on beach vacation with all the bells and whistles and possibly ocean swimming, diving, mermaids and other plum stuff.? Well, you won't get it if they give us a small beach shoved into a jungle adventure pack.

This is not simple logic, and who says we only get one or the other? Now who is giving out misinformation and filling everyone's head with their negative nancy logic?
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    World Adventures was controversial? I loved it. What was wrong with it?
  • crazycat_135crazycat_135 Posts: 1,349 Member
    It might be a mixture of adventure and vacationing, but who knows. :/
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Chazzzy wrote: »

At the time it was. Personally, the EP has grown on me, I wasn't particularly fond of it in the beginning until I realized how much actual stuff was on it. Nectar, martial arts, photography, snake enchanting, three new vacation worlds, tombs, mummies, tents, learning cultural songs, etc. It has a lot of stuff and many of them were 100% new in the series.

I think a lot of people came to enjoy it even if they don't play the tomb exploring much.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    It might be a mixture of adventure and vacationing, but who knows. :/

I would be nice if it is a vacation spot and an adventure spot. I could see my sim taking his family on vacation to relax in the tropics and, one day, wanders off in the wrong direction, and stumbles into an adventure. Imagine, having to explain to your spouse how you became a skeleton.
    edited January 2018

He did say that, but never forget: "things change". It's the staple of TS4.

Also it's a GP not an EP. It wouldn't exactly be WA anyways.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    Chazzzy wrote: »

Controversial probably isnt the best word. People are also COMPLETELY mis quoting Graham.

He never once said theyd never do a world adventures pack. He said he thinks its unlikely because not a lot of people liked it, and its a big pack to make.

We also don't even know if there are tombs. We only know its adventure themed.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited January 2018

Which means 1 idea - not two. The idea is adventuring Vacation, not beach vacation. That would be another gp - just like camping gp is only about camping and camping activities. Swimming is not even in the camping pack even though swimming is a camping activity but adventuring is not relaxing on a beach or involving hotels or resorts. You'll be lucky if you get a jungle hut. Adventure also means adventure gear - shower in a can, roughing it. Insect repellents and staying away from watering holes in a jungle period. LOL.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• 12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member
    Reggae and Beach or Island station too?
    Writin_Reg wrote: »

Which means 1 idea - not two. The idea is adventuring Vacation, not beach vacation. That would be another gp - just like camping gp is only about camping and camping activities. Swimming is not even in the camping pack even though swimming is a camping activity but adventuring is not relaxing on a beach. LOL.

I 100% agree. Hope this focuses just on adventures. I wonder though, will sims sleep at hotels?
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited January 2018
    It was only controversial because it was the first ep and they only offered one kind of vacation period in 3 separate places with the same activity in all 3. In Sims 1 and 2 it offered 3 different vacations in 3 different main ideas in 3 different areas, with totally different activities - so the people who wanted family vacations or honeymoons like in previous games couldn't have them (at least not easily, you could fake it but my honeymoon sims got a bad reputation for being on a honeymoon in Egypt - and exploring with kids was not fun in WA- they hindered you with traps) and even though the vacations were different places in Sims 3 the main activity was the same. So it caused controversy with half the player base that wanted three different kind of vacations in three different localities like the two other series offered.

I don't think anyone totally hated it - they just wanted the three trips to be different. They said that tombs in Egypt was good, that it should have had no tombs in China or France - some said it should have been France for a honey moon - beach vacation; and China for a Family touring kind of vacation - kind of thing.

It was also suggested if enough simmers requested a WA pack he said that could change. Many of us that love WA did request it since the camp gp came out - especially those of us that loved WA just the way it was.

Besides in Sims 3 we were able to make resorts etc, plus got a whole ep on playing in the ocean eventually. So all the controversy ended up a bit pointless eventually. You have to admit when they did focus on the ocean use - they really - really went much better than any of us imagined they would.

So first we got camping. This time is adventuring, and the third one could be tropical. No combining in a single place - I hope. I do camping in Sims 4 with the family and will have adventure for couples and friends and singles. The tropical when we get one would be great for Honeymoons, as well as all other combinations of sims.

So I am happy with this idea - especially being a gp that goes more indepth in whatever the theme of the gps is. Looking forward to this highly seeing so far I like the gps the most.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

This discussion has been closed.
Return to top