Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

[Leaked!] The Sims 4: Jungle Adventures GP Speculation

Comments

• Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    MadameLee wrote: »
    ChadSims2 wrote: »
    @ChadSims2 you might want to head off to the Ideas section of the forum ...a lot of people (NOT me) wanted a WA pack
    Are you counting that one thread that was just resurrected today from February 2015 that did not even make it 2 pages before it died from lack of interest? I could probably find a dozen threads mentioning tropical swimming vacations from last month alone.

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/880498/world-adventures-done-right

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/846622/world-adventures-remake-next-ep/p3
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/915905/world-adventures-national-geographic-type-stuff-pack

Yep many of us have talked about it. In fact during the live showing of several different packs simmers have asked that question about a WA pack. Of course they denied they'd make a WA pack. Me like a dummy believed them and have been bumming about it - as I was one who loved WA. At least now I am a happy simmer if this is an adventure pack. I so hope so. Sorry you aren't a fan of WA - but I know I am. I must have a dozen households in each of my Sims 3 neighborhoods that are adventure sims. I never tire of playing them.

I also like to play user made worlds that include some awesome tombs. So glad if they are bringing them to Sims 4. I so hope it is what we think it is.

I bet beaches will be done in Seasons.
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    @ChadSims2 you might want to head off to the Ideas section of the forum ...a lot of people (NOT me) wanted a WA pack
    Are you counting that one thread that was just resurrected today from February 2015 that did not even make it 2 pages before it died from lack of interest? I could probably find a dozen threads mentioning tropical swimming vacations from last month alone.

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/846622/world-adventures-remake-next-ep/p3
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/915905/world-adventures-national-geographic-type-stuff-pack

Yep many of us have talked about it. In fact during the live showing of several different packs simmers have asked that question about a WA pack. Of course they denied they'd make a WA pack. Me like a dummy believed them and have been bumming about it - as I was one who loved WA. At least now I am a happy simmer if this is an adventure pack. I so hope so. Sorry you aren't a fan of WA - but I know I am. I must have a dozen households in each of my Sims 3 neighborhoods that are adventure sims. I never tire of playing them.

I also like to play user made worlds that include some awesome tombs. So glad if they are bringing them to Sims 4. I so hope it is what we think it is.

Maybe - or better yet maybe they will get their own special treatment in their own gp. You just never know.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member

We won't get a beach in Seasons because we won't get a EP sized world. WE didn't in S3. They prefer to spend their time and energy adding seasons to existing worlds. IMO, we will only get a beach and swimmable oceans in another vacation pack. But that might be good. If it's another adventure pack where the adventure happens underwater, that would be cool. Beware the mermaids and release the Kraken!
  • Options
    SimplyobsessedSimplyobsessed Posts: 315 Member
    Thinking about the release date - Laundry Day Stuff was before this GP on the teaser so I am assuming that will be first. But they both said 'winter 2018' - in last year's first teaser Bowling Stuff was teased for 'spring' and came out at the end of March. So i'm guessing Laundry Day will be in a couple of weeks, and this GP maybe at the end of January or beginning of February?
  • Options
    sundaysimmersundaysimmer Posts: 201 Member
    Thinking about the release date - Laundry Day Stuff was before this GP on the teaser so I am assuming that will be first. But they both said 'winter 2018' - in last year's first teaser Bowling Stuff was teased for 'spring' and came out at the end of March. So i'm guessing Laundry Day will be in a couple of weeks, and this GP maybe at the end of January or beginning of February?

Could be anytime between now and March 20, which is the end of winter for the Northern Hemisphere. Hopefully it's sooner than later!
    Favourite TS1 packs: Superstar, Makin' Magic. Favourite TS2 packs: University, Open for Business, Seasons, Apartment Life. Favourite TS3 packs: Generations, Seasons, University Life. Favourite TS4 packs: Get Together, Cats & Dogs, Seasons, Island Living, Discover University.
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    We'll probably get sleeping bags and some kind of hotels like we did in TS3 with WA. They won't be resort hotels unfortuanly but I'm hoping they'll atleast be like the ones we had in TS3 in China and since the jungles are often a hot place I'm hoping this pack will add more items for pools atleast. There may be pools in this new place.
  • Options
    We'll probably get sleeping bags and some kind of hotels like we did in TS3 with WA. They won't be resort hotels unfortuanly but I'm hoping they'll atleast be like the ones we had in TS3 in China.

There is nothing that says anything about hotels, which you should know would be a BIG add to a pack. Please stop getting peoples hopes up for things that will only happen in your head.
  • Options
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    We'll probably get sleeping bags and some kind of hotels like we did in TS3 with WA. They won't be resort hotels unfortuanly but I'm hoping they'll atleast be like the ones we had in TS3 in China.

There is nothing that says anything about hotels, which you should know would be a BIG add to a pack. Please stop getting peoples hopes up for things that will only happen in your head.

They'll have to have somewhere to spend the night and I'm going by TS3's WA. It had hotels. They've got to sleep somewhere.
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited January 2018

They'll have to have somewhere to spend the night and I'm going by TS3's WA. It had hotels. They've got to sleep somewhere.

Maybe a jungle hut.

ETA - Horrible thought - hope they don't have spinning outhouses or talking holes in the outhouses. Wouldn't put either past those silly devs and their toilet humor.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options

They did not have hotels in WA. They had hostels. Your sim found a bed to sleep, there was a kitchen to cook food to eat and bathrooms. But it wasn't by any means a hotel. Again, you provide misinformation.
  • Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    Well it's just a speculation thread anyway.

Personally I would like to see the return of a hotel system. I liked the ones in Vacation and Bon Voyage. Sims 3 never really had a proper hotel system (the ones in WA and IP weren't fully fleshed out) so I'd like to see it return.

But then I feel like it's not really appropriate to the theme of the pack. It feels more like sims would rough it in the jungle, similar to Outdoor Retreat
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    I kind of hope there is some new woohoo places there.
  • Options
    I kind of hope there is some new woohoo places there.

Maybe rumble in the jungle woohoo or hidden temple of doom woohoo or skeleton woohoo.
  • Options
    AmeliaNovaAmeliaNova Posts: 76 Member
    > @catloverplayer said:
    > I kind of hope there is some new woohoo places there.

I'm *always* hoping for new woohoo spots!
  • Options
    I googled Azetek Vacations and they can have a beach

• Options
    crazycat_135crazycat_135 Posts: 1,349 Member
    I googled Azetek Vacations and they can have a beach

For Pete's sake, there's no beach. Move on.

Honestly you really don't know that yet nor do we know that there will be. So anything is possible until we know otherwise. ;)
  • Options
    I don't know why ruins, a jungle and a beach don't fit together?
    I mean Twikkii Island in Bon Voyage had ruins, a jungle AND beaches.

Exactly, I wouldn't doubt for a moment that they combined all of that into a really unique, but awesome vacation destination. :)
  • Options
    FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    edited January 2018

Exactly, I wouldn't doubt for a moment that they combined all of that into a really unique, but awesome vacation destination. :)

Yeah and the tomb exploring aspect is only a part of the Game Pack, not the main focus

They might have shown it in the teaser because that aspect was already finished and also to cause speculation and mystery
    a256aFi.gif
  • Options

Yeah and the tomb exploring aspect is only a part of the Game Pack, not the main focus

Yeah, and Idk why we're all coming to the conclusion that this one snippet is the ENTIRE focus of the pack. :D
  • Options
    FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member

Yeah, and Idk why we're all coming to the conclusion that this one snippet is the ENTIRE focus of the pack. :D

Because the icon is a tiki mask maybe? :D Idk, I have a feeling that this Pack isn't all centered around tomb exploring. (Which would be awesome tho, because that has been one of my fav things from TS3)
    a256aFi.gif
  • Options
    It's simple logic. If they give us a small beach that's part of a bigger jungle GP, they won't give us a full beach GP later on. Don't you want a full on beach vacation with all the bells and whistles and possibly ocean swimming, diving, mermaids and other beachy stuff.? Well, you won't get it if they give us a small beach shoved into a jungle adventure pack.
  • Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    As much as I want beaches, I feel like the pack will mostly focus on the jungle. I hope to be proven wrong, though. :)
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    mctsimmermctsimmer Posts: 277 Member
    I'm thinking it is a jungle, but the ruins might be in the direction of a Mayan/Aztec theme.
  • Options
    DominicLaurenceDominicLaurence Posts: 3,398 Member
    edited January 2018
    It may have a beach, it just won't be THE beach destination some were hoping otherwise I think they'd want us to know that.

Also, if they held it so long, might as well wait until Seasons is released to give us a proper beach.
    ID: StGerris
    Legacy Photomode
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top