Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New Year Game Resolutions

Comments

• Bettyboop55Bettyboop55 Posts: 2,646 Member
    dreamerz13 wrote: »
    To actually play my game...

To move forward with my main family try to get to *at least* the next generation.

Try to work out if I can make CAW work *properly* with steam so I can try to tackle a world again (one of my resolutions last year was to make a world... and I've put a lot of time into CAW, it's not a lack of effort. Just moving to steam messing things up. But I desperately want this resolution to work out this year)

Clean up my CC because wow do I have so much that I never use and my game is kinda cranky lately... probably related.

Back the stupid thing up way more often. I always say "I haven't done that much in months... it's fine" then I lose a save somehow "hmm wow I'd done more than I thought" or "oh.... wow... this backup is waaayyyyyyy older than I thought."

Good Luck getting CAW to work :) I am busy clearing my downloads nd DCC in order to get EIG to work. Would love to see the finished result when you complete the world :)
    I no longer use Origin or My Page. You can find me on YouTube or Twitter as Bettyboop711000. You are welcome to contact me as I explore options for a PC sandbox life simulation game.
    Wherever I am friends call me Betty

Sim enim est vita
    JACKIEJOY wrote: »
    Actually finish an Apocalypse game. (Try to finish said game cheat free).
    Get a new PC so I can start using mods and cc.
    Learn how to take and post pictures to make you guys suffer through resolution one.

Hope you manage to get a new PC :)
    I no longer use Origin or My Page. You can find me on YouTube or Twitter as Bettyboop711000. You are welcome to contact me as I explore options for a PC sandbox life simulation game.

Sim enim est vita
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    A lot of the resolutions here I already do and I can recommend them :mrgreen:
    My only good resolution for TS3 is to add another great year of enjoying the game! And maybe to be a bit more daring where CC and mods are concerned...

Probably the best New Year's Resolution, TS3 should be fun :D

Sim enim est vita
    I always try to back everything up now and then. I need to do it now actually as I know that I will regret it.

I have one backup folder which will include The Sims, music, word documents and videos :smile:

Back ups are always good to have, especially if you have a legacy or are world building.

Sim enim est vita
  • jordandjordand Posts: 262 Member
    My resolutions are to find more time to play, as right now I pretty much only play when the kids and I are out of school for extended periods of time, and I want to play again on a regular basis. My other goal is to buy some of the store content and worlds I’ve been wanting, since I don’t currently have hardly anything from the store. I’m learning to watch the daily deals though! :)
    jordand wrote: »
    My resolutions are to find more time to play, as right now I pretty much only play when the kids and I are out of school for extended periods of time, and I want to play again on a regular basis. My other goal is to buy some of the store content and worlds I’ve been wanting, since I don’t currently have hardly anything from the store. I’m learning to watch the daily deals though! :)

Daily Deals are a great way to pick up bargains :) Time management is hard but we all need our down time and TS3 is a great way to relax.

Sim enim est vita
  • SunnyyesjamsSunnyyesjams Posts: 541 Member
    Emily4331 wrote: »
    I just want to stick with a family for a long time. :tongue: I am really bad at consistently playing one family for a long period of time.

Same. I used to be able to do this now I can't anymore. ): I'm too interested in other ppl's lives and now it'll take 10 yrs irl for me to move the entire world to next gen.
    kwdT9wX.gif
  • McToshMcTosh Posts: 638 Member
    McTosh wrote: »
    I haven't played for the last few months because something went borked like I was getting invisible people and really stretched out people and I had so much CC i didn't know what was causing it and was just too lazy to fix it because I gotta just delete everything and that means I gotta re-do all the NRASS settings which takes me days and days and days to get right. :(

So my new years resolutions are:
    Fix Sims 3
    Start a new generation play with no cheats
    Choose different traits and different career path to my usual that I gravitate to

Good Luck fixing your game :)

thanks betty :D all done about to play in a minute just redownloading all my store content. other custom content i'm gonna be smart and just add a few each day instead of everything at once.

i always find myself creating the same kind of sim with the same kinda traits and same kinda life. think i'll spice things up this time! or so that's the plan..
    ewb7fssg3zet.pngingame: commandermctosh feel free to add ;D
  • SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    edited January 2018
    Love this thread idea. ;) Don't mind me browsing through for some ideas before posting my own...
    1. Finish the LEPacy challenge. I'm already doing so good and I want to finish it. If not this year then I'm ok with that but I want to progress even more. Generation 6/12
    2. Work on backing up save files more.
    3. Give my sims a little more freedom or give up trying and turn off freewill.
    4. Gain a little experience with CAW in case I ever want to create a world or at least, to adjust existing worlds.

:star: These are things I've already worked on/achieved and my game is much more enjoyable now.
      1. Cleaned up, organized, and backed up mods & CC. Including grabbing an external HDD for storage.
      2. Save more and Save as.
      3. Playing the game instead of wasting hours/days in build buy or create a sim.
      4. Tuned NRaas mod settings to my liking + backed up exports so I can input into any save. I'm still fine tuning some settings but it beats tweaking default settings every new save.
      5. Only download & install CC that I will use.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Macaire13Macaire13 Posts: 39 Member
    1. To play at least one sim from birth to death
    2. Get to generation 3 without any cheats and complete lifetime wishes
    3. Completely look cc over before putting it in my game so nothing bad happens
    I haven't played for the last few months because something went borked like I was getting invisible people and really stretched out people and I had so much CC i didn't know what was causing it and was just too lazy to fix it because I gotta just delete everything and that means I gotta re-do all the NRASS settings which takes me days and days and days to get right. :(

So my new years resolutions are:
    Fix Sims 3
    Start a new generation play with no cheats
    Choose different traits and different career path to my usual that I gravitate to

Good Luck fixing your game :)

thanks betty :D all done about to play in a minute just redownloading all my store content. other custom content i'm gonna be smart and just add a few each day instead of everything at once.

i always find myself creating the same kind of sim with the same kinda traits and same kinda life. think i'll spice things up this time! or so that's the plan..

Sounds like a resolution to me :) Whatever happens enjoy a d have fun :)

Sim enim est vita
  • james64468james64468 Posts: 1,276 Member
    Create a new game. Focus on getting perfect garden lifetime wish done. I really don't know exactly how to do that. Create a world after I get my new hard drive for my computer.
    Macaire13 wrote: »
    1. To play at least one sim from birth to death
    2. Get to generation 3 without any cheats and complete lifetime wishes
    3. Completely look cc over before putting it in my game so nothing bad happens

Good Luck in achieving your goals :) I know it takes a little time to check cc but am told it is well worth it to protect your game.

Sim enim est vita
    james64468 wrote: »
    Create a new game. Focus on getting perfect garden lifetime wish done. I really don't know exactly how to do that. Create a world after I get my new hard drive for my computer.

Best of Luck. It's a lovely feeling sitting there and deciding what kind of new game you want to play. And getting a new hard drive is exciting too. Hope to see your new world when it is finished :)

Sim enim est vita
    SimplyJen wrote: »
    Love this thread idea. ;) Don't mind me browsing through for some ideas before posting my own...
    1. Finish the LEPacy challenge. I'm already doing so good and I want to finish it. If not this year then I'm ok with that but I want to progress even more. Generation 6/12
    2. Work on backing up save files more.
    3. Give my sims a little more freedom or give up trying and turn off freewill.
    4. Gain a little experience with CAW in case I ever want to create a world or at least, to adjust existing worlds.

:star: These are things I've already worked on/achieved and my game is much more enjoyable now.
      1. Cleaned up, organized, and backed up mods & CC. Including grabbing an external HDD for storage.
      2. Save more and Save as.
      3. Playing the game instead of wasting hours/days in build buy or create a sim.
      4. Tuned NRaas mod settings to my liking + backed up exports so I can input into any save. I'm still fine tuning some settings but it beats tweaking default settings every new save.
      5. Only download & install CC that I will use.

Thanks :) it never hurts to take a fresh look at our game and set ourselves new challenges as long as it remains fun to do. EHDs are incredibly useful although it wouldn't hurt me to tidy mine up a bit. Good Luck with CAW, there are some great people in the Game Tools section who can help you and some great guides, both blogs and videos which are linked in there. Sorry am on tablet or I would put a link in now.

Sim enim est vita
  • MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    I am not good at life related New Year Resolutions so I imagine I would be no better with game ones. Having said that, if I were to have one it would be to perhaps add to my game faster than what I have been. I've been playing the game since it came out and have not installed all the EPs. I own them all but have yet to add Showtime, Pets, Seasons, ITF, Supernatural and Island Paradise.
  • BlackSandBlackSand Posts: 2,074 Member
    Completely Rebuild/Remodel All Of Hidden Springs ... :|

I eat pickles on my hamburgers ... MWWAHAHAHAHA
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,426 Member
    edited January 2018
    It's probably going to get broken... but my only resolution this year:

To learn how to use CAW provided my computer doesn't give me the middle finger.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • McToshMcTosh Posts: 638 Member

yeahh that's one thing i've never learned to use yet
    ewb7fssg3zet.pngingame: commandermctosh feel free to add ;D
    Mikezumi wrote: »
    I am not good at life related New Year Resolutions so I imagine I would be no better with game ones. Having said that, if I were to have one it would be to perhaps add to my game faster than what I have been. I've been playing the game since it came out and have not installed all the EPs. I own them all but have yet to add Showtime, Pets, Seasons, ITF, Supernatural and Island Paradise.

The great thing about TS3 is you can do as you want in your own time. So there is no hurry on installing stuff and I should imagine you know your existing content far better than those of us yet to fully explore our downloaded content :)

Sim enim est vita

BlackSand wrote: »

Best of Luck and I would love to see pics of the result :D

Sim enim est vita

May you be granted the gift of patience :D The good thing is all those people in the Game Tool Section who can help you.

Sim enim est vita
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,426 Member
    @Bettyboop55

Oh, I'm an auld f**t. I'm sure that I've learned patience over the years. :D If I was in my teens or my twenties, then probably not. :D

If it frustrates me, I'll just put it aside and come back to it later. :) And I've learned over the years the benefits of asking questions. My betters told me that there's no such thing as a silly question...only one that hasn't been asked - you don't learn anything unless you ask questions. :)
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • BlackSandBlackSand Posts: 2,074 Member
    BlackSand wrote: »

Best of Luck and I would love to see pics of the result :D

Thanks for the encouragement @Bettyboop55 ... :D

I'll probably do a few posts here and there.
    I have already shown some remodeling with the Redwood Heights Luxury Lodge.

But ... I am making everything custom (ground up or remodeled) except the rabbit holes.
    I've already generated 39 households with 87 Sims (20% are also 112 Day Challenge graduates)
    Altogether that will be 42 houses, 16 public lots ... And that's a lot of pics ... :#

There's no way I can show you the detail in all the builds ... Like my Sim's parlor.

38647210895_90fbce9918_b.jpg

But ... Even with the flashy houses and all the new stuff,
    It's still hard to beat using your Inappropriate But in a Good Way reward
    to make Firecracker Shrimp at someone's pool party.

27767058569_a42ed3af5d_b.jpg

I eat pickles on my hamburgers ... MWWAHAHAHAHA
  • PetalsimPetalsim Posts: 43 Member
    My new year resolution is to finish at least one legacy challenge because I never did haha.