Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The (Extra)Ordinary Tessa - S1~Ch18 5/14/18

1789101113...Next

Comments

• SoulGal7SoulGal7 Posts: 3,630 Member
    Irishsong wrote: »
    Ok, Chapter's writen, I just don't feel like i have the brain power right now to put everything together to put it out. But maybe expect it tomorrow? We'll see.

@irishsong - take your time, no worries. I know how that feels, just coming home exhausted and can't put words to paper or computer in this case. Your chapters are worth waiting for :)
  • IrishsongIrishsong Posts: 1,754 Member
    tScb5E0.png

Chapter 17
    The Bow Breaks
    LwFeHbn.png

Isaac and Tessa walked back to the cabin, excited about their lives to come.

“Would you like me to talk to Mina with you? Be there to support you?” asked Isaac.

vuzCNjp.png

“No, It’s time that I stand on my own, and I need to stand up to Mina. I won’t let her bully me into going back on this. I won’t let her do anything to you either. It’s time for this silly arrangement to end. I’ll see you on the flip side.” Tessa claimed.

“Good luck, fair lady.” Isaac bid as he walked back to his room to get dressed for the day.

Tessa quietly entered the room she shared with Mina. She was still sleeping, so Tessa had to wake the sleeping bear; never a good idea.

“Mina, Mina I have something to tell you.” Tessa spoke in quiet tones to coax Mina out of sleep and in a comfortable mood.

cae5T4b.png

“You’re pregnant. Don’t tell me you’re pregnant. I’ll have to knock skulls together if you are…” she grumbled as she rolled out of bed.

6PKkaJB.png

“Mina, I’m-” she leaned in closer to keep from saying it too loud. “-engaged.”

HKzBYOz.png

OT7ZZjK.png

“You’re what?” she asked sleepily and confused.

“Engaged! I picked one!” Tessa squealed quietly.

“Wha- What the-” sputtered Mina. “How dare you get engaged! Do you know what trouble we’re in if you’re engaged already? We still have six weeks to account for, and you jumped right to the end? What’s wrong with you?! Who is it? They have to be eliminated immediately!”

b938Xu0.png

5ix1oRI.png

Tessa wanted to burst out yelling but she sat down instead.

8SFPOHK.png

“Mina, this show was all about me finding a husband, backward as that is. I found one, shouldn’t that be the end of it? I’m in love, Mina. Real love, and you want to take that away from me? That’s so like you! If something doesn’t go the way you want it to, it has to be destroyed? Mina, listen to me for once! I love Isaac and that’s the end of it. I don’t need the prize money, or a house, or anything else I may have won by being on the show, because I’m happy with him. And we’re happy together.”

QN8Ffox.png

“You might be happy, but the studio will have my head for this. What am I supposed to tell them, that I let my lead fall in love before it was supposed to happen? I’m supposed to not let that happen. It’s my head they’ll have if this gets out, and you’ll be out for sure.”

NDuOHrd.png

“Mina, none of that matters anymore. What happens will happen, and I’ll live with my decisions.”

5JaJijF.png

“I just hope everyone else can.” Mina responded.

Tessa had the other guys to tell about her decision, and she felt like it would shatter her heart. She knew who she had to talk to first, because if he found out from someone else it wouldn’t be fair and she would was afraid of the outcome. Who knew if the garbage cans would be safe?

She found Parker downstairs in his pajamas. There was no one else around, so she decided now was the best time.

“Hey Parker, sleep well?” she asked hesitantly.

keC7KoX.png

“Same as always. What are we doing today? Have you thought about who you’re sending home this week?” he asked in a hushed, insider confidant tone.

VN8MFfI.png

“About that, Parker, I think I know how I’m going to proceed.”

8PrjLH6.png

“Really? Already? Is is Camden or Quentin?” he had wide eyes.

“Actually, neither of them…” she said with a look of pleading on her face. She wanted him to understand what she was getting at before she got there, and she didn’t want him to take it hard.

5TUej0b.png

He looked resigned. “Oh…” he breathed.

LUWDe6t.png

“Parker, it isn’t like that…”

KB8NzHX.png

“It’s because I was aggressive, wasn’t it? I scared you off. I was too much for you to handle.” he listed.

rmT0BLE.png

Ho0k7x6.png

“Parker, no! Yes, those things did bother me, but this isn’t your fault. It’s mine. I found the person I’m going to marry, and we’re-”

p5YuWLr.png

“You’re what? In love? But you loved me! You slept with me! We’re in love, how could you fall for someone else when I offered my whole self to you?”

OuNlXSo.png

“Parker, you may be an open book, but maybe I like another book more. Maybe I read your pages and didn’t like what I saw. I don’t want to be at anyone’s side my whole life, I don’t want someone worrying if I’m being faithful, I want the to believe that I am. To trust me. We’re not right for eachother. Parker, I’m sorry, but the road ends here.” Tessa didn't’ mean to be so rough with him, but she was tired of watching her words all the time. Parker was possessive and Tessa was a free spirit. The two were a recipe for disaster.

Ie0Pl9n.png

Parker covered his face and tried to not bellow, or shout, or wail. Tessa felt that it had gone terribly, and she covered her own face in shame and frustration. She was supposed to be happy today, not heartbroken.

jXm1cg7.png

She walked up the stairs to the next available guy around, and that happened to be Anthony. He greeted her with a kiss on the cheek, and she knew that it would be their last.

69uoGCR.png

“Tony, I have some news for you. Do you want to sit down?” Tessa asked.

0WrJ3bW.png

hGmqmEZ.png

The smile slipped from his face. “You’re not pregnant, right? And I couldn’t be the father, We never shared a bed. What’s happened, Tessa?” he kept an even tone, but worry had worked its way in to his eyes.

01jZroZ.png

“Nothing so serious! Or maybe, it is. I’m not sure yet. Maybe it hasn’t sunk in.” Tony looked more confused by the second. “It’s good, Tony. I got engaged. To Isaac. I’m sorry that things it wasn’t you who I chose, but This feel right too. I love him. I love you too, but I think I’ll be truly happy with him.”

Anthony looked at her intently while she spoke. “Well,” he said after she finished. “I can’t say I’m happy you chose him, but I’m happy that you are happy at last. I know how hard this was on you all these weeks. I hope I get to come to the wedding. I love food and dancing.” he remarked.

32wIOt2.png

“I’ll make sure to invite you and everyone else.” Tessa smiled in return.

Parker was of course still fuming.

kD1jqXo.png

Julian came out of the bathroom and Anthony knew that he should make himself scarce.

“Hey Julian, got a minute? I need to tell you something.” Tessa requested.

SxD5FZK.png

“Don’t tell me you’re pregnant. We only jumped bones once, that makes it highly unlikely…” he looked sceptical.

“Do I look pregnant? Asked Tessa as she looked down on herself. “Everyone keeps asking that.”

78726Gi.png

“No, you look lovely. I’m sorry I asked. It was impolite. What did you want to tell me?”

“Julian, I need to tell you that you’ve been a charming guy-” she began.

778fiiQ.png

VyMters.png

“Oh great, passed tense. You’re dumping me. You know what, fine. We were a bit forced anyway, but I thought we really had potential. Who did you choose over me?” he interjected.

5qjLsEj.png

“I chose Isaac, Julian. Isaac and I are going to get married. He makes me happy, Julian. Very happy. I feel like I could live my life by his side forever and never feel like I needed anything more.”

“You keep rubbing it in, don’t you? Whatever, So long as you’re happy. I’m out of here.”

ZXJ2Pnh.png

iXgZf0a.png

T8TGN90.png

9sibsSu.png

lbYn10S.png

Tessa found Quentin out on his favorite part of the porch with a fresh hamburger. Tessa decided to grab one for herself, and break it to him over a shared meal.

“Nice day, huh?” she inquired.

LTUHUYv.png

“Nice enough. I don’t know what I want to do with it. Prank Camden? That seems like a good idea. Parker looks like he’s about to blow a steam engine whistle, What happened to him?

“Quentin, I chose who wins last night. I told him it was over, and that was it. He took it really hard.” she said while she looked out over the yard, but then turned to look at him.

bDMboh8.png

“Well, you were the one good thing in his life. He hasn’t been able to make any good in his life, and he was hoping that you would be the one to make it for him. He need to realise that he needs to make his own happiness.” he looked down at his plate, a grimace forming on his face.

“Hey, are you ok, Quentin?” Tessa asked, concerned.

YJCmfsE.png

“I’m- I’m just missing home, I guess. I think I want to go home. That sounds like a coward, but I think it’s time.”

X1gU09s.png

“I think so too, Quentin, I think so too.”

ALA9bju.png

~*~

Back in Magnolia Promenade, everyone was waiting for their vehicles to come and pick them up to go home for a while before the wedding was finalized. Parker hadn’t gotten over his anger at losing just yet, but here he saw his chance to prove to Tessa that he was the stronger man and the alpha male.

d1uOJ3S.png

“See this drink, Isaac? It has your name written on it.” he said as he threw it in his face. He laughed at his deviance.

q4JSxlR.png

Du34otR.png

“Dude, what’s your problem?!” shouted Isaac.

“Parker! Why are you doing this? What do you think it will accomplish?” Tessa intervened.

os1W1ZJ.png

“Probably nothing, but it feels good. Wicked sometimes feels right.”

2FRio3v.png

~*~

Kolby and Raul had twin girls, Eden and Farrah. Game picked names, not me. I’m sure they’ll have flowing locks.

nKuSEYg.png

~*~

97DekQw.png

“Alright, everyone looks good? Brushed your teeth? Good. Now, as you all know, because we don’t have as much material that we thought we would after Tessa chose Isaac, we’re doing a ‘Meeting the in-laws’ bit with a choosing a wedding dress bit, and then you may plan your wedding to your heart’s content. Your funds are much less than what they would have been had you stuck in there a few weeks longer, but we can’t go back now, can we? Very well, stand up straight. Here we go.” Mina knocked on the front door to Isaac’s father’s house.

WrkPTaS.png

A woman in a bright pink jacket answered the door, as if she had been waiting for them to knock. She probably had been.

“Hello! Hello! Come in, come in. We’re so happy to have you here. You must be The Ruff-Stones. We’re very happy to meet you. I’m Maria, Isaac’s assistant, and-”

“And I’m Isaac’s father. I’m happy to meet you all.” he kissed Tessa’s mother on each cheek, and shook Tessa’s father's hand. “I’m glad to get to know the family that is going to become so important to my son’s life. Please, come in.”

eZZrTeD.png

Things went pretty well, but Isaac’s dad kept to himself quite a bit. He wasn’t fully comfortable with the idea of his son getting married and falling in love. On the outside, it seemed like a great idea, perfect. But his own wife had died when Isaac was in school, and he hadn’t fully shook the sorrow that one feels from losing a loved one. He wanted Isaac to be happy, but he didn’t want him to feel the grief that he did if he were to lose his love.

6cl8sxd.png

hqeKIOU.png

YgtFnpW.png

AtJOuio.png

p07ekLg.png

GbH9KPn.png

5TsFtyU.png

WzyKdJr.png

IcajQPW.png

Together they made the families feel less uneasy, and more like a larger family.

The Ruff-Stones stayed the night at The Huntingtons, cramped as they were. Tessa stayed in a room with her parents, Isaac shared a room with his father, and Mina and Maria shared a room. The next day was dress day.

~*~

After Mina had her coffee, she made sure that Tessa was dressed well.

“Now, the shop we’re going to is very upstanding. I really had to pull a few favors with the owner to let us shop there. Usually it’s not a question, but she didn’t readily be associated with this campaign. I told her that the wedding will still be a wonderful one, and after a bit of back and forth I got us a booking. So let’s go.” Mina ordered.

Aria, Maria, Mina, and Tessa all piled into a van and took the highway to San Myshuno. The shop was a small one, but very high quality. Tessa could see herself in every dress she saw.

“By the way, Tessa, I brought along my wedding dress, in case you decided to wear it instead of anything you saw here. I know how much you always liked it when you were a little girl, so just incase, I brought it along.” Aria smiled and patted Tessa’s back.

The three older women sat on a pink couch and waited for Tessa to wear a variety of dresses, having mixed emotions for each of them.

2nTsHV3.png

GKjwY8p.png

Please choose a wedding dress for Tessa to wear to her Wedding. Remember, Tessa likes more simple things. I await your votes! Here's the link, and it's also in my signature. Good luck and may the best dress win!

https://goo.gl/forms/BiwX1RybSDc3Pglp1

Also, Let me know if you’d like me to make a video of the last chapter. I’m not very good at it, but it would be ok? Let me know if you just want pictures or a video of them, like a slideshow but better.
    jzZP0sJ.png
  • KamioKamio Posts: 2,213 Member
    Read it. Loved it! Voted!!!

Also woah!!! She’s got some seriously depressing reactions from the other guys. Like I get it - it was probably a bit of a shock but wow! Poor Tessa! It was bound to happen...she had to break hearts along the way and that is never fun to do but boy do I feel sorry for her.

Loved the meeting between the families! The shot of Isaac and Tessa sneaking a kiss made me giggle! So true to life :joy:
    Simming since 2001!! Origin ID: KamioMax[/center]
  • MissSassyMissSassy Posts: 9,731 Member
    I'm a bit sad this challenge is already over (except for the wedding). I enjoyed it a lot. And luckily, Tony did take it okay. I'll find him a girl outside this challenge ^^ He's one of my most handsome male sims I've ever made xD
  • dreamprisonerdreamprisoner Posts: 1,221 Member
    Parker took that particularly badly, though I'm not surprised. A part of me still likes him, he's just too funny to watch. But he's dragging his reputation right down.
    Kolby and Raul had twin girls, Eden and Farrah. Game picked names, not me. I’m sure they’ll have flowing locks.
    I'm still so glowy and happy about these two being a thing, the OTP. Eden and Farrah are both nice names.

But the best thing about his chapter was;

Tessa: "I have something to tell you..."

Everyone simultaneously: "You're pregnant."
    Oh great chapter and I voted! Woot!
    Quentin was so sad....poor guy. Parker is definitely having problems dealing with this. I hope that nothing happens to Isaac before the wedding. Julian wasn't very happy and they were just not meant to be with the way he reacted. Even though Anthony wasn't happy she wasn't picking him, he was happy that she had found someone, so that was nice. The parents visits were nice. And how funny, Kolby had twins! lol
  • lovesstormslovesstorms Posts: 17,794 Member
    Awesome chapter! I voted as well. :)
    Origin ID: lovesstorms
    Seeking a Cure for PSC
    From Lifehack.org
    - 20 Things About Highly Creative People
    Simblr
    Lovesstorms's Stories
  • MINEZMINEZ Posts: 792 Member
    Voted!!+
    Thanks for voting guys! Get your friends to vote. Even your IRL friends. EVERYONE! :cookie:
    jzZP0sJ.png
    Finally voted, too :)
    When do you guys think I should cut off the voting?
    jzZP0sJ.png
    Irishsong wrote: »
    When do you guys think I should cut off the voting?

Depends on how many votes you already have or if you will be busy at a certain time.
    I have 19 votes in, there is one ahead of the other by a few votes, and I'm done with school in a few hours for the year. I think I'll leave voting open for now, but I'm pretty sure which one is going to win.
    jzZP0sJ.png
    Woo! Got my degree in associate of arts!
    jzZP0sJ.png
    @Irishsong - Congrats!
    That is awesome! Congratulations!
    Voting is closed.
    jzZP0sJ.png
    New chapter will be up today. Who's ready to melt?
    jzZP0sJ.png
    tScb5E0.png

Chapter 18
    To Have and to Hold

Loop this while you read.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mfjFAvbx8YA

Aria, Tessa, Maria, and Mina sat around the Ruff-Stones’ kitchen table having the difficult conversation of what sort of a wedding it should be.

“Tessa, I really think that since your wedding will be televised, we should go all out and get a penthouse restaurant to cater and be your location. It could be at sun set, with the city lights turning on, everyone gazing at your glowing elegance of a V neck dress with high heels that are as long as- well, I suppose whatever you’re comfortable with, at this point.” Mina rambled on.

“And how much is that going to cost, hmm?” asked Aria.

“About 200,000 simoleons for the reservation and catering.” Mina said plainly.

Aria put her head in her hands, frustrated. “We can’t afford that sort of a wedding and your blessed studio has pull nearly all funding. Besides, if you have the wedding in a penthouse at sunset everyone is just going to be blinded and no one will be able to see the wedding. We aren’t going to have a wedding where sunglasses are mandatory.”

“Well, you already saved money on your wedding dress, clever as that was, where are you going to splurge? Weddings are only supposed to happen once, this isn’t going to happen again!” Mina barked.

“If it’s a matter of money…” Maria started.

“No!” Mina and Aria urged in unison.

“We can afford a wedding, but not all of the extravagances of what you’re proposing. Surely there are cheaper alternatives…” Aria begged.

“I am unaccustomed to having cheaper weddings. The last girl had her wedding in Strangetown with a wild bachelorette party complete with strippers, copious amounts of nectar, a wealthy father and the full support of the studio behind her. She had everything she wanted and more. So forgive me, but simple isn’t my style.”

“Does anyone want to know what I want?” Tessa interjected. “I don’t want a big fancy wedding. Obviously the guys from the competition will be there, out families, but other than that, I don’t need a huge guest list. I want to keep this simple. I like simple. I like rustic. Why is that a bad thing?”

“It’s not a bad thing, dear. We just want you to be happy.” Aria said.

Tessa took a deep breath to steady herself. “I want a simple wedding. I’ve seen little yard or park weddings online and the look amazing. Why can’t we have something like that?”

“That would require a reservation and I have no ties to use in that situation. We couldn’t have it ready by the wedding date.” Mina stated.

“Maybe not, but Mr. Huntington Sr. has an old barn down the street from his house. It came with the property, but no one has had the need to use it. It could be good for your venue.” Maria commented. “It would be free to use. Mr. Huntington Sr. would love to have his son close for the wedding.”

“Wha- Barn?!” sputtered Mina. “How could we possibly have a wedding in a dirty barn? There are bugs, and weather, and all sorts of unknown situations with that sort of a wedding! We couldn’t possibly-”

“I’d like to see this barn if you don’t mind. Mina, considering how you don’t like the idea of this type of wedding, to dave you the stress, you don’t need to help set it up. In fact, I think you need a vacation. How about you spend a week with your girlfriend? You can be back in time for the wedding.” Tessa offered.

Mina looked at Tessa for a while, spinning the idea around in her head with a sour look on her face. “Tessa, I will take the offer, but don’t do anything I wouldn’t do. I have plans to make. See you in a week.”

~*~

The week went quickly. Maria, Tessa, and Aria and the other hands of the household worked on making a Tessa’s dear wedding. It was coming together nicely, and Tessa was really happy.

Isaac was of course curious what the wedding was turning out to be and whether or not he could contribute any money to the occasion, but the Ruff-Stones just turned him away and told him to make more food. They needed a lot of food for this many guests.

The day finally arrived, and Tessa had butterflies in her stomach. She knew that the man she was marrying was her soulmate, but would everyone behave themselves at the wedding? They better, she thought.

Mina strolled through the door and went crazy.

“WHY IS EVERYONE WEARING COTTON?!” she nearly screamed.

~*~

P2g1eBd.png

2avgAeH.png

5xyz7rw.png

Jc5OdSU.png

hA3EkGm.png

Tessa arrived at the venue with her heat in her throat. Her father, Darian, was waiting to walk her down the aisle, and he had a tear in his eye. His little girl was getting married, and while he had four more girls to get married in his family and a son, this was the first time and it was really touching to him. It was touching to Tessa too because even after all of her attention on the show about having 14 guys to fall in love with, and her woohooing with four of them, she still had his full support. She took his arm and slowly and rhythmically they walked down the path to the altar.

SttHT7l.png

zToCwLy.png

slDV0dd.png

xjPnx93.png

The bride and groom stood at the front of the crowd and tried to will away their nerves. In the front row were the most important people to them.

l7Uxu6Q.png

f7q1i5h.png

Isaac looked at Tessa like she was the most beautiful thing he had ever saw, and Tessa was just in disbelief that she had found someone so right for her. Someone to grow old with. Some one to have children with, and have adventures with.

PVvX03K.png

mL8rt9Q.png

wb43U8B.png

Kya1Uas.png

I love this picture ^. Tessa’s dad is smiling at Isaac like he’s proud to call him his son-in-law, and Aria looks at Darian with love for his love in her eyes. So touching.

sBJrIS2.png

6Hqgouc.png

qMPvg7j.png

They did the signature kissing of the cheek, and I think that is their move. Tessa’s parents had the hand holding, Tessa and Isaac have cheek kissing.

O6GvXHY.png

pDetAyA.png

ZfWj2NU.png

O6yS24v.png

4VOTwRU.png

mMvanbb.png

0mEwy7t.png

LAqsWVX.png

Y156fiv.png

4XMhgFK.png

For obvious reasons, I love this shot so darn much.

b47P84H.png

UILbIUf.png

7p2Vu8L.png

S4UH8F6.png

LX3OUuv.png

0OmZ4Ah.png

Squee!

VBgRVS6.png

Mn2zZIU.png

GgG3Dev.png

HnlFzDN.png

1pKJBMZ.png

nrlVmg9.png

n1ZXATU.png

gTSGVw5.png

Isaac talked to Phoenix on his own, and I love that he likes kids. He’s going to be a great father some day.

AWpkulg.png

Tessa played with Clara on her own too, it must be a sign.

yxSlFm0.png

sJxtkPn.png

OWDmfQ7.png

That's right, Ben and Julian, you coulda' had this!

WgCdJYO.png

1k1STYz.png

Usd2vni.png

51GSCXl.png

8cFWn9B.png

G5ndhOc.png

5O9fRyQ.png

pO4VaTh.png

“Hey, where did you get a spot on your shirt from?”

m8vllOb.png

“A spot?!”

OI0sgCu.png

“Made you look!”

Y7UmVRj.png

YXa1Vgn.png

jg8YPv5.png

cxQcJh1.png

“A BROWN dog!”

dLZi1Ak.png

ue7glSv.png

9SdSw4W.png

yYDizDK.png

Smyo4oy.png

AdlqL4P.png

mmK7Dwf.png

Over all, the wedding was a beautiful thing to behold. I loved seeing everyone so beautifully dressed, and it all pulled together really well.

Thank you to all of the people who submitted sims, who voted when it came time to, and stuck with me until the end. I couldn’t have done this without you!

This isn’t the end for Tessa and Isaac, but this will be the end of this general thread. I’ll start a part two later.

Love- Irish.
    jzZP0sJ.png
    Oh...it's over....I'm happy for Tessa that she has found "the one", but so sad, too. The wedding set-up was absolutely spectacular. Hard to believe those were all from Sims 4 buy mode, it really looked beautiful. The dress....the dress....fabulous! Everything was so perfect and thanks also for inviting Quentin. Long live Tessa and Isaac. Thank you for letting my sims be part of your story. :)
    A lot of it was from a cc stuff pack called Rustic Romance by the plumblob tea society. They make wonderful stuff
    jzZP0sJ.png
    There is so much that I love about this. There were so many amazing shots you could just feel how happy everyone was. How proud the parents were and just how in LOVE Tess and Isaac are :heart:

I hope that there are LOTS of babies in their future!
    I tend to have huge families, but this time i think I'd like a smaller one. That and it seems my game wants fertility mode on all the time. Tessa was supposed to have 1 younger sibling, got three, then i was going to have 1 more child after that and got 2. This time, I'm going to make sure i get a girl, but i hope it doesn't take a huge family to get one (like the weaslys from harry potter)
    jzZP0sJ.png
    Fingers crossed!!! Well regardless of how many kids they have I think they are going to e beautiful and surrounded by love! I think that it is so sweet that they kiss each other on the cheek all of the time and I can’t remember if I said it before but wearing her mother’s dress was soooo the right decision!
    I stared Tessa and Isaac's lives together! Come check out the new casting call and first chapter of season 2!

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/940027/the-extra-ordinary-tessa-s2-c1-casting-call-submit-quickly#latest
    jzZP0sJ.png