Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The (Extra)Ordinary Tessa - S1~Ch18 5/14/18

Comments

• IrishsongIrishsong Posts: 1,754 Member
    edited January 2018
    @mintycupcake Jude is being fostered by Adriel and Destiny. They're vampires, but good people. I thought you'd like him to be with family. :wink: I would have fit him in with Aria, but their household is full to the brim. Adriel and Destiny haven't had any children yet.
    jzZP0sJ.png
  • mintycupcakemintycupcake Posts: 13,212 Member
    Irishsong wrote: »
    @mintycupcake Jude is being fostered by Adriel and Destiny. They're vampires, but good people. I thought you'd like him to be with family. :wink: I would have fit him in with Aria, but their household is full to the brim. Adriel and Destiny haven't had any children yet.

That's fine, I figured he wouldn't be in the competition. If Evan makes it to a chapter where his family is introduced, I can make the rest of the relevant family.
    🌻I'm not a cat.🌻
    Alrighty
    jzZP0sJ.png
  • SoulGal7SoulGal7 Posts: 3,630 Member
    @irishsong - room is up and on gallery. Thanks :)
    @SoulGal7 Your rooms are really good. I'm super impressed
    jzZP0sJ.png
    @irishsong - oh thank you. I have a feeling, though, that the bed in the second one may cause probs. because when i was testing it, all he thought about was that bed. lol If it gives probs, maybe you can switch it out for another one, maybe the new cats & dogs quilted version. Thanks :)
    I'll look into it.
    jzZP0sJ.png
    Who's ready for the exposition?
    jzZP0sJ.png
    @irishsong - me - Me - ME!
    Tomorrow, I promise. It's getting too late here to post it and have my mind with it. Tomorrow you'll all have lots of stuff to read. I promise.
    jzZP0sJ.png
  • lovesstormslovesstorms Posts: 17,794 Member
    @Irishsong - Just fyi, I redid the room and just reuploaded it. I discovered new ways to do things and added more items. I really hope it's not too late to do so. :D If so, it's no biggie. Thanks!
    Origin ID: lovesstorms
    Seeking a Cure for PSC
    From Lifehack.org
    - 20 Things About Highly Creative People
    Simblr
    Lovesstorms's Stories
  • MissSassyMissSassy Posts: 9,731 Member
    Ah! I'm so excited for this to start :love:
  • Brei714Brei714 Posts: 110 Member
    Its starting soon?! Yay!! <3
  • LadyLana1LadyLana1 Posts: 308 Member
    Yay, can't wait!
    ~*~
    Chapter 2
    Introductions Part 1
    ~*~

“Good evening, ladies and gentlemen, Tonight we introduce the selected boys. In Blue House, we have our first batch of promising young men for our Tessa Ruff-Stone to choose from.” The reporter, Mark Best, was over the top perky. He spoke with his deep and husky voice, and it was no wonder he was suited for announcing. Like he was born for TV.
    Tessa sat on her couch with Cupcake, her dog from home. Even in her pajamas, it was hard for her to relax from all the tension.
    cVOpQmV.png
    First, while he still hasn’t arrived, we have Isaac Huntington (@Kamio)
    q6sTq0R.png
    So, what is your Name?
    My name? Oh, Its Isaac. Isaac Huntington
    And what is your job?
    I do a few things really. I'm on the board of directors for a number of not-for-profits. I um...I run my own not-for-profit... the uh- the Brightest Star. I've spent a lot of my time recently organising the construction of a medical facility in Simbodia. But I guess my job? Uh... I'm the President and CEO of Synergy Solutions. It is a umm...it's tech company. Do we have to put that in the application though? Can we leave it out? I'm kinda a private person...I don't really like advertising that side of my life. I just...I like to help out.
    Right. Uh...no, we can't. Not really. It's a live recording-they should have told you that when you came in? But uh...what can you tell us about your background? You know...your family life? Where did you grow up?
    I grew up in Willow Creek originally. I spent most of my childhood there with my Mum and Dad. My Dad worked for a small IT Firm back then. I guess that is where my love of technology came from. He was always working on the craziest stuff. I remember one time in particular when he was trying to improve the graphics on a new generation laptop. He was so proud of it...and it looked horrendous. Mum and I used to laugh so much about that. She was amazing. She loved people and everyone loved her. She was the kind of person that cooked the whole street dinner and was just always doing the most amazing things for people. We didn't have a lot of money growing up - but she was always helping out. She's kind of the reason I do what I do now. She taught me about being kind and helping others out. She uh...she passed away when I was 14 and uh... my Dad couldn't...we couldn't be in the house without her... It was too hard for my Dad. We uh- we moved to Windenburg at the end of that year and I finished High School there...went to university in the city and came back and...I've been here in Windenburg ever since.
    So why the Selection Challenge? Why are you here? What made you sign up?
    Uh [laughs]. My uh...Maria - she's my assistant, she's...like a 2nd mum. Uh - she sent the first application in. I didn't even know what this was until a few days ago when you guys called me for this interview. I don't know... she seems to think I need to find someone to settle down with. I've not really dated that many people before. Actually - it's been awhile since I dated someone. I don't really know why I'm here. I guess - the same reason as everyone else? To find love...to find the one person you share your life with. I want what my parents had. I guess that I'm looking for that forever kind of love.
    And what do you do in your spare time? Any hobbies?
    [laughs] I don't really have a lot of spare time. I guess I fill it with my uh - Brightest Star work. I like a good coffee and a moment to myself in the morning. I like to just have a moment before I start my day. I go hiking when I can I guess. Not so much for the sport...I just like the outdoors. My mum was always packing me up and shipping me off for the day just so we could explore a forest and find a spot all our own. I read a little too. I really like biographies. They are some amazing people in the world.
    What would you say your main traits are?
    I like to think I'm smart...but my assistant Maria would refute that. I'm pretty forgetful at the best of times. I wouldn't same I'm the most organised person. I like a minimal lifestyle...but she doesn't think that I can organise myself out of a paper bag. I think it's that mum thing... I guess I love the outdoors, I like to think I'm good and one day I really would love a family.
    If you were to take Tessa on a date, where would you go and what would you do?
    Is it really cliché of me to say that I want a first date in at a fair, with corn dogs, horrible claw machines that I have never won at...but I'd want to win her a giant teddy bear and go for a ride on a ferris wheel and find some fairy lit garden somewhere romantic? We don't really have fairs in Windenburg though. Maybe go on an adventure through Brindleton bay, wander the sidewalk, grab some street food and take a boat ride out to the light house, hike up to it...and watch the sunset? Gosh that sounds corny! Yeah...the typical stuff I guess.
    If you were to sing her a love song or have a song about your relationship, what would it be? Leave a link.
    I've always wanted that kind of relationship like in One Directions 'Little Things'.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xGPeNN9S0Fg

What's the best day of your life thus far?
    That's easy. A few years ago I met a little boy George in Simbodia when I was over there getting the Brightest Star started. He uh - he'd been harassed by the village Witch Doctor and couldn't walk anymore. He was in too much pain. It took a year or so...but we flew him out to San Myshuno and he had an operation at Sacred Heart's Hospital with one of the best reconstructive surgeons in the city. And seeing the smile on his face a few months later when he could walk on his own...watching him walk from one end of the room to the other without help - that was just...I'll never forget it. I uh...I don't what could top that.
    What are your strengths/ weaknesses?
    Wow! Well, I am too much of a people pleaser. I know that. My Dad is always going off about it. He thinks I'm too giving. He thinks I need to slow down...actually a few people in my life think that. That I do too much. I guess the kind of person that likes to keep busy. I don't really know how to just sit and relax. There's so much in this world that we can do... I just can't not. You know? Other than that I think I'm pretty laid back...maybe I'm too laid back sometimes? I tend to be happy with whatever someone suggests when we are working new project and I could probably benefit from a little more of a narrow focus sometimes. I'm a little too big picture sometimes. I good with the smaller details...but it takes me awhile to figure out what they are...and then I struggle to go big picture again. I like things a certain way as well. I've lived my own too long I think... [laughs]
    Strengths wise...I don't know. I'm passionate about my projects, I'm methodical, Like I said...I like to think I'm smart and great with the big picture. I don't really know though...I terms of love..I would have no idea! [laughs]
    What has really shaped you?
    I touched on it a little before. Both of my parents have really shaped my life. I draw a lot my passions and my direction in life from them. Professionally I get a lot from my dad...and in my private and personal life I'd say a lot of it...comes from my mum.
    What's your most embarrassing moment?
    One time...before Synergy Solution became what it is...I was pitching an idea to board of directors at a huge company - it was a life changing opportunity for me and my company and I probably spent the first 20 minutes pitching the wrong idea and no one on the board said anything! I was halfway through my closing speech when I realised. Something must have worked coz we got the contract but uh- I don't think Maria of George - my uh vice-president - will ever let me forget it!
    If you had a theme song, what would it be? Leave a link.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zHNyp-3ELO8
    Onto the next contestant: Anthony (Tony) Vinson!! @Sonschi
    morySKz.png
    Name: Anthony Vinson, friends call me Tony
    Career: Currently at Law School, will be a lawyer like his father and grandfather
    Background:
    Well, I guess you only want to hear the really important things of my life, don't you? So I better skip the part that my first word was "mommy". Talking of my mother, I'm an only child. People always say it's sad I don't have any siblings. But to be honest, I don't miss a brother or sister. My mother was a stay-at-home-mother and she spent a lot of time with me when I was little. My father is a successful lawyer, just like my grandfather.
    I've never been an outsider nor one of the cool kids. At least I think so. At school, I hanged out with my friends back from Kindergarten, we were a gang of six guys. Girls were not allowed back then.
    In high school, I had the same friends. Well, some new joined our gang and one moved away with his parents. The new ones were two girls and both are in a long term relationship with two others of the gang. I'm not jealous if this thought came up. I liked both girls, as friends, but that was it. Actually, it took rather long until I was interested in girls to be more than just friends.
    It was my last year at high school when I fell in love for the first time. My gang celebrated me like a champion but I only had eyes for her, Clara. We broke up during college because she was on the other side of the country and it didn't work out anymore. I've had one other serious relationship since then but Mary, that's her name, left me for an old rich guy. Honestly, I was more disgusted than sad as I found out.
    I made it into Simvard, one of the country's elite colleges and graduated as the best of year. If you think I was only learning all the time, then you're wrong. I went to a lot of parties, had a lot of fun with friends and with Mary for a year. Some said I only got good grades because of my name. But the truth is that I pulled many all-nighters when finals approached. I really do not recommend this, I think it costed me a few years of my life.
    I've never been a rebel, even not during puberty. My dad always wanted me to become a lawyer as well. Like him. Like grandfather. And I liked the thought. Tradition means a lot to me. I think it's due to my upbringing.
    Besides my graduation I don't really have a plan for my future. Do I want to live in the big city? Do I want to live on the countryside? How many children do I want? Well, at least I know I want to have a family of my own one day. My grandfather always says you can never predict the future. But he even doesn't trust the weather forecast.
    Unfortunately, the dark side didn't miss my life. It's been six years now but it still hurts just thinking about it. I was seventeen years old as my mother passed away. She had fallen sick but my parents tried to hide it from me for some time. They wanted me to concentrate on my graduation from high school but I found out about it. Well, I found out about my mother's cancer the day she died.
    Eh, what else could I tell about myself? I really don't want my description to end with my mother's death. Oh, I always wanted to have a dog but unfortunately, my father is allergic to all kinds of animal hair. I think that's another thing I'm sure about my future: I will get my own dog. A big one, maybe a Bernese Mountain Dog.
    Why you're joining the selection challenge, what are your motives? To be selected means a life without want of anything, romantic or otherwise.
    When it comes to love I'm more of an old-fashioned guy. This attitude can be hard sometimes in the modern world where people treat each other like they can be easily replaced by anyone. I want the kind of love my grandparents have. They are in their 80s now, they have faced hard times but they never even thought about parting ways. That's the kind of love I hope to find here. A love worth fighting for. A person who doesn't give up on us just because the road suddenly gets a bit bumpy.
    Hobbies: hiking, jogging, go swimming in the sea or a lake (or a pond), traveling around the world (backpacking most of the times), going out with friends, barbecues, and actually everything outside.
    Traits: Outgoing, Self-Assured, Loves Outdoors (aspiration: Friend of the World)
    Favorite color: blue like a sunny, cloudless sky
    If I were to take a beautiful woman like Tessa on a date we would go on a little hike to my favorite place close to my parents' house. It's only half a minute walk (well, you need to climb a bit sometimes). It's a small waterfall with a pond. It's the clearest water I've ever seen. I used to hide there a lot during my teenage years. My father didn't like my daydreaming and got angry with me a lot. I could hide there because I've never seen anyone else at this waterfall ever. I would take Tessa there. We would have a picnic and if it's warm enough we could dip into the water.
    If you were to sing her a love song or have a song about your relationship, what would it be? Leave a link.
    Adele - Make You Feel My Love (if you want an explanation just ask me to add it )
    https://youtu.be/kh1uZzVoSi8
    The best day of my life thus far was when my father told me for the very first time (and actually the only time since then) that he's proud of me. I finished college as the best of my year. This made it easy for me to get into the Law School where my father and grandfather went to as well. This was my father's biggest dream, that I follow our family's tradition.
    My greatest weakness is that I tend to be a dreamer. I enjoy a free day lying in the grass and watching clouds fly by, thinking about life. This can be fun to relax but it can be hard at work where you need to concentrate. As a future lawyer this could be a problem.
    I'm not really sure if that's a real weakness but whenever Queen's Bohemian Rhapsody plays, I just have to sing along. No, I have to perform the song!
    One of my strengths is that I can read people. No one can lie to me because I can see it in your eyes, your body language. This helps me a lot in my future job.
    Another strength is that I'm down-to-earth even though I come from a rich family. This has probably to do with my mother because she's not from a rich family. Actually, she had nothing growing up and she really wanted me to cherish what I have.
    As I've mentioned several times already, my father and his father were or still are lawyers. This had a huge impact on my upbringing. My mother has always been the sweet loving one and when I did something wrong she asked my father to do it. The old good cop - bad cop game. Whenever this happened, he made me bring up arguments why I did it, what I should have done instead and what I recommend to be my punishment. Don't worry, my father never hit me! He is a rational man, I admire him a lot. Once I broke curfew, and we went through the whole thing as usual. My punishment this time was to work community service for two weeks. This kind of upbringing - if I may say so - made me to a better person.
    I'm not easily embarrassed so I have to think about this for a while now. Of course I could tell one of times a girl denied me in public but who hasn't experienced that? I guess the only thing that actually made me feel embarrassed was when I stormed into my parents' bedroom when I was fourteen and my mother was changing her clothes. I've only seen my mother as a decently dressed woman before (and also afterwards) and seeing her in her underwear made me feel uncomfortable, especially at that age.
    Ozzy Osbourne - Dreamer (I usually don't listen to such music, but the song fits my personality).
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LCCiwPEdEpg

Thirdly, Raúl Zúñiga! @Cement
    L3YzMoc.png?1
    Name: Raúl Zúñiga--But calling me Raul is just fine! My mom calls me Weepy because I cried a lot when I was little, but I don't do that anymore, I swear. ...Also, please don't call me that since I might call you 'mom,' and that'd make things kinda awkward, hahaha!
    I mean, uh... Unless you're into that kinda thing.
    I'm making this weird, aren't I?
    Career: I'm an Ufologist at FutureSim Labs! It's great, I get to do a lot of fun things like make neat stuff or blow them up.
    The latter is usually because I made a mistake, but it's still pretty great!
    Background: I'm the youngest out of a family of ten! I grew up in Brindleton Bay with my seven other siblings and mother. I'd like to say I'm taking care of my dad too, but he's passed away--peacefully, I add. He was an astronaut! I look up to him since being an astronaut's pretty cool--I'd like to be one, but I sorta failed during examination since I broke everything, but being a scientist is great too!
    I could consider this one stray dog I tried to feed a few times as a family member too, but she could've given me rabies since she was sorta, you know, foaming at the mouth a lot.
    I've been a busy bee at the lab, so I don't really get to do a lot of uh, outside things that aren't related to chores. Aside from working, me, my sister Gabriela, and her husband Joe take care of our elderly mom at our ancestral home. But it's more like our mom kinda tells me I should get married or something because she's tired of seeing me er, not married.
    Gosh, that's kind of embarrassing to say, hahaha!
    Why you're joining the selection challenge, what are your motives? To be selected means a life without want of anything, romantic or otherwise.
    Well...
    I really don't get out that much like I said, since I've been cooped up at the lab or taking care of my mom with my sister and Joe, and both my mom and my sister think I should try meeting people outside of work and whatnot. This seemed like a great idea! But if it doesn't pan out, er... Haha, that'd be embarrassing! But at least I could tell them I tried! Hopefully, I could make some friends out of this at least.
    Hobbies: I play basketball sometimes, usually whenever I meet up with my brother Carlo in San Myshuno, but I'm pretty bad at it. I like collecting crystals and geodes--But my mom usually throws them out because she thinks rocks should stay outside, even if I think they look nice. I usually stay at home to take care of the yard or help my sister clean the house when Joe's at work since she's pregnant and my mom gets tired easily--Is that a hobby too?
    Traits: I don't want to call myself a genius or anything, but I don't know, my sister says I'm pretty resourceful and I've got nice ideas (but I think she's only saying that because she likes me best out of all our other siblings). I like being outside to enjoy the great outdoors! As long as I don't end up tripping into a lake or some body of water. That happens a lot... But swimming's fun too!
    (His traits are Genius, Loves Outdoors, and Clumsy)
    Favorite color: I'd say white, but I recently ruined all my whites because I forgot to take everything out from the last load when I did laundry the other day, so uh... A lot of things turned pink. But that's alright, pink's good!! It's growing on me, definitely.
    Gosh, this one's kinda hard. I know a nice place in Brindleton Bay where we could have a picnic or... Something like that. But I suggest that I don't uh, grill or anything. I might burn the park down. That'd be terrible, hahaha... Yeah... We could go fishing or have a nice hike in Granite Falls to take in the fresh air!
    Just uh, not too high up on a mountain since--Woah, God forbid--one of us falls.
    Probably me. Haha... Maybe we should try hitting the gym together so she could catch me if I fall and vice versa! Haha!
    https://youtu.be/8n0LCGate4k
    What's the best day of your life thus far? Your most embarrassing moment?
    My best day and most embarrassing was probably my eldest sister Esti's wedding. I was about 12 at the time, I tripped and fell into her wedding cake. It left a huge mess, I ruined my tux, I was super embarrassed, but the wedding guests thought it was hilarious. It was pretty memorable for everyone... Since then they've asked if I was going to do that at every one of my siblings' weddings... Haha... I didn't.
    For most. ... Haha...
    I like looking at the brighter things, the silver lining off any cloud! I guess that makes me pretty invincible to a lot of things! My weakness? I mess things up a lot, if that wasn't obvious. I'll admit that!
    Hmm... I'm going to have to say my family. My older siblings are very ambitious, and they really set the bar high. Esti, Julio, and Luis went into business, while my other older sister Anise and brother Carlo became nurses, and my sister Gabriela is a journalist--but she's on leave right now since she's pregnant.
    I should probably learn to pace myself a little bit more instead of trying to rush and catch up to everyone, but it's pretty fun this way! I'll settle down when I'm old--But I've got fifty years or so until then, barring accidents!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HgzGwKwLmgM
    jzZP0sJ.png
    edited January 2018
    ~*~
    Part2
    ~*~

Moving on to Camden Landgraab! @LadyLana1
    AlTrikK.png
    hR2qOmB.png
    Name: Hello! I'm Camden Landgraab
    Career: Im trying to become the best doctor in the world
    Background: There are no Sims that haven't heard about the Landgraabs. My family has connections everywhere and we have a finger in every pie.
    I'm not always proud of the ways my family got up in the world, but I do be proud to be able to call myself one and I hope I can lift our name a bit higher by doing good. I am from the 9th generation of Landgraabs, together with my twin brother Glenn. My parents are Rafael and Abigail Landgraab.
    When I saw Tessa on tv I instantly fell greatly attracted to her. There's something about her that sparked electricity inside of me. However, in her eyes I sensed a certain sadness. As a doctor I obviously see a lot of sadness in people and it's one of my passions to make my patients laugh. Laughing is good for the soul, right?
    I would gladly make it my life goal to see to it that Tessa will laugh every single day of the rest of her next life.
    Hobbies:
    Ok, don't laugh. My biggest hobby is cleaning and tidying. Yeah I knew you wouldnt be able to not laugh. Some would call it a quirk but to me it's actually a hobby. Nothing better than turning chaos into order and dirt into sterility. There's a connection there with my job as well, you see? I get to work in a sterile environment, ha! (Or I am allowed to make it so!!) What better boyfriend than one that cleans up after you? I can assure you I'm able to clean up your spilled paint before it splatters onto the floor making you feel like you didn't even spill something.
    Traits: Good, Neat and Goofball
    Favorite color: Green. It's relaxing, even soothing. It promotes harmony.
    Oh, I would actually keep that as a surprise. But if you promise you won't tell her (yet) I will whisper it in your ear.
    I'd take her to the Landgraab Art Gallery. It's not open for public as it's our own private Art Gallery with some pretty exclusive art. However, we sometimes show around friends or colleagues. I'm sure she would absolutely love to see it. Art combined with laughter makes for the best dates ;-)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w1oM3kQpXRo
    The day that my brother Glenn married. They looked so blissfully happy and content with each other, it just delighted me so much seeing them smile at each other all the time.
    Don't they say that your strength is also your weakness? I'm always looking for order and tidyness. I see it as a feat of strength. However, some
    would see it as a weakness, having to comply to an urge deep inside of you. In my opinion, it's the balance that makes something either a strength or a weakness.
    Haha you should see the look on your face. I'm kidding, just trying to look the intellectual expert.
    My weakness? I have a...thing....for suits and matching shirts. I think it may be a Landgraab thing...
    Well, I can't deny that the one thing that has shaped me most, is my Landgraab inheritance. From birth til adulthood (actually, I don't think it ever stops) we hear what it means to be a Landgraab and we have to behave accordingly. If you make one big irreversible mistake, you're up for disherison.
    Seriously, you are asking me this in a public interview? There goes my career, hah! It was all Glenn's fault though, I swear! One day we tried to stuff the geek of our class in a locker. It didn't go well. The principal called our parents and when my dad scolded us I was so scared he would disinherit me that I peed my pants.
    Enough about that, moving on.
    Oh wait, that was the last question already. That makes for a lasting impression for sure, ugh! How am I ever going to win her heart if she thinks of me as a little boy peeing his pants?
    Next comes Kolby Jett @SoulGal7!
    YDhIpdx.png
    bgP6fxn.png
    My name is Kolby Jett.
    It wasn't my idea to join. No, I was nagged and prodded by my good-natured cousin, Bailey. You see, Bailey lives with us. Four of us living in a run-down house that was meant for one. Us meaning my grandmother, whose mind has addled with age, my older cousin Felicity, who uses this house as a rest stop between all her date nights, and Bailey, a cute teen, with too many romantic notions. And of course, me. It wasn't always like this, there was Mum and Dad before the accident, and since I was the eldest, I had to take charge. Take control of making sure everyone was ok.
    When Bailey saw that ad on tv, she screamed my name at the top of her lungs. I thought something had happened and rushed in from outside. She was so excited. It was as if, she, herself, had been chosen in the Selection.
    "Kolby", she said, "You need to fill out the application for the Selection. Look at Tessa. She could be the one for you!"
    I had my doubts. Even though Tessa looked better than a lot of the other participants who had been chosen in the Selection, I really didn't have any intention of competing for the affections of a woman. It was tempting, though, as I looked around at the house that was falling in disrepair. Yes, tempting for sure for a chance to live a few days of luxury in some swank house, eat fancy food and be popular. Be seen on tv. Be famous. But that wasn't for me. To maybe find love, yes, but, I have my responsibilities here, to help those who needed me.
    The days passed, and I forgot about the discussion I had with Bailey about the Selection. But, then I saw it. An ad...THE ad...plastered on a billboard in town. And there she was....Tessa. She was truly beautiful...stunning, actually. She took my breath away. The way her hair hung over her shoulder and the glint in her eye, there was more to Tessa than they were telling. It would be a pleasure to meet her, but, well, not under these circumstances. Tessa was the stuff of dreams, and I needed to deal with reality. I turned on my heel and headed home.
    And that's when Bailey sprung the news on me. "Kolby", she lectured,"I knew you wouldn't do it, so I did it."
    "Did what?, I questioned her.
    "I filled in the application and delivered it to the Selection Committee."
    "You did what? How could you? You know I am needed here!" I was livid with Bailey. She knew my work was important to me. My being here was important. I couldn't leave this house. I was depended on.
    "I will do your work for you, Kolby", Bailey had said, "My birthday is next month."
    "I will go down and void the application. Say it was a mistake." I told her.
    "You can't. All applications are final. They may have already decided on you. So, it's too late. Just deal with it." Bailey had said in a smug voice.
    "I can't believe you did this, Bailey!" I was so angry at her, I had to leave the house. I had to get outside, contemplate what had happened. I decided to go for a jog, clear my head. I turned and jogged on the beach. This area was so peaceful to me.
    This is where I find most of them. The ones who depend on me. The strays. I was on a crusade to find homes for all of them, to cure them, to feed them, to help them. One day I hoped to be a vet. That was the real dream. But with those dreams comes simoleons, or lack thereof. I was the one who had to keep food on the table, make the repairs, pay the bills. So my dream job right now is working at the docks, unloading fish, hoping to get a promotion to slimer. My life is fish, and maybe that's why the strays are drawn to me.
    I sat there thinking, looking out at the sea. If I was chosen, I would bring her here. On a date. Take her out on a sailboat on the water or if simoleons were no object, take her to the island...to the lighthouse...to the top, to appreciate the view, and then to that swanky restaurant everyone talks about. And then, a walk along the beach at midnight. I bet she's never seen a moon like this one over the harbor. And maybe sneak a kiss...or sing her a song....(Sea of Love by The Honeydrippers)
    https://youtu.be/2BoUzzFXuVU
    Would Tessa talk to me? Would she think that my job unloading fish was an embarrassing job? It pays the bills. It's honest work. I don't have much, but what I have, I would certainly give to her.
    It's not that I couldn't do it. I could you know. Felicity already offered to help me with my "pathetic" wardrobe. She says I need to stand out. To shine if I am to be noticed. To be selected. I really don't like to draw attention to myself, I prefer to be in the background, letting others shine. Helping others shine. But I guess I can't be that way if I am to be with Tessa. T-e-s-s-a...her name rolls off my tongue and I smile when I think of the picture of her. I wonder if she has a fondness for strays. She does like the outdoors...maybe, maybe, I might have a chance at this. I just have to believe in myself, as Bailey always says. Bailey certainly believes in me. She says I am the kindest, hardest working person she has ever met. And so, I need to believe in me. (Believer by Imagine Dragons)
    Maybe the best day of my life was when Bailey filled out that application. Or, maybe my best day is yet to come.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7wtfhZwyrcc
    Sixthly, Walter Lee-Dachelet! @Xylorta-xv
    ocZtoyM.png
    etPKjUq.png
    Name: Walter Lee-Dachelet. A pleasure. And, to clarify, "Lee" is not my middle name. I have none, "Lee" is my mother's surname which was combined with my father's when they were wed. It's a common mistake, but I'd rather get it out of the way before I have to correct someone.
    Career: Currently, I'm working in the financial department of a pharmaceutical company. I know, dull, but, I do need something to pay the bills while I type away at my novel. Becoming a best-selling author has been a dream of mine since I was a child, but, reality is a factor. One must always have a plan B for goals so ambitious.
    Background: It's actually rather dull, really. Something you'd find in a paperback romance novel. Rich young man wants to find himself and add depth to his life, attempts to find said depth by traveling the world, enters the land of Shang Simla and falls in love with a beautiful local woman, continues to keep correspondence with her until he can whisk her away to his home and marry her and end his brief and altogether boring walk on the wild side to settle down and start his career and a family. See? I told you it was dull. Of course, I love my parents dearly, even if they're both a touch shallow and never venture beyond their means, but I have to be honest. I suppose the most interesting thing I can say is that, I'm not an only child. I have an elder sister, but she's a... wayward sort. Very creative, but very impulse. She loves to send me little things from her travels and I send her books I've read in return. I consider her to be my best friend.
    Why you're joining the selection challenge, what are your motives? To be selected means a life without want of anything, romantic or otherwise. My motives? Well. I could easily spend the rest of my life alone, if I wanted to, but that's just it. Lately I've been finding myself not wanting to. No matter how much knowledge I consume, no matter where I go, coming home to no one and nothing again and again is... taxing. And I'll be entirely honest, I'm not the sort to carouse in the normal dating scene, I wouldn't know where to begin. So. Why not try it this way?
    Hobbies: Reading. Researching. I dabble in cooking, but I can't say I'm quite good at it yet. I'm also fond of playing chess and solving various logic puzzles. Ah... hobbies... I also enjoy star-gazing, though I'm told by my sister I should be careful doing that. I don't know why, but there's nothing to worry about unless something falls from the sky. I'm afraid I don't have many hobbies other than these, I usually just retreat into those. Maker, I sound as dull as my parents, don't I? Remind me to fix that.
    Traits: If you can't already take away that I'm not the most social person, I'm not sure what to think of you. If you want to be blunt about it, you can call me a loner, but I, personally, prefer the term "reserved". I'm also one for books — not at a level that one would say is genius, but I'm in no way an plum. Straight As all though my entire career as a student, thank you very much. And ah, well. According to some, though I disagree, I've been called a snob. Again, I call it instead a "preference for the finer things in life". Perhaps it's because I was the youngest of two to a well-off family, but I apparently come off as spoiled. Do I? Honestly speaking, do I really to you?
    Favorite color: ... Easy. Red. Next question?
    If you were to take Tessa on a date, where would you go and what would you do? I can only hope Tessa's a cultured sort, because my first thought is to a museum. It's far better than attending film as it's open for discussion while you're viewing, and you learn quite a bit about how a person's mind works based on how they observe the things around them. Depending on how long we've been out, I'd then take her to a restaurant... and then... home, I guess? What's the typical gestation period for a date, anyway?
    If you were to sing her a love song or have a song about your relationship, what would it be? Leave a link. ... You do not want me to sing. At all. Please for the love of the Maker, do not have me sing to her.
    What's the best day of your life thus far? My high-school graduation. Having, all of my hard work and dedication to my school pay off in the form of being valedictorian was all I ever wanted at the time. It was so, rewarding to look upon my classmates for all their comments about how antisocial and "nerdy" I was, and for me to come out on top of all of them. Sorry. That sounds like I'm bragging. ... Well I am. I'm proud of it.
    What are your strengths/ weaknesses? My strengths? My intelligence, obviously. My drive. My ambition. My ability to focus on the important things rather than get tangled up in details. I'd say I'm a well put-together sort of man with a level head in high-stress situations, but... weaknesses. Some call me standoffish. Self-absorbed. Few even go to the furthest of reaches and call me flat-out selfish. Personally, looking out for myself first isn't selfish, it's self-preservation. I've also been called cold, unsympathetic, unimaginative — can you believe the nerve? — passive-aggressive... And ah, I hope there aren't situations where I have to excessively mingle with the other contestants. Socializing is not my strong suit in the slightest. I'd rather not if I can avoid it. One-on-one discussion is just, so much more rewarding than trying to struggle around with the whims of a group. I've also been told I look down on people lesser than me, and well... I can't say they're wrong. If they're beneath you, then you have to look down to see them, don't you? I don't think I'm rude, I'm just not below putting someone in their place if they need it.
    What has really shaped you? I have. That sounds... odd to say, but it's the best answer I can give. But, I've built myself, really, with the guidance of my family, yes, but primarily, I made my decisions, I learned from my mistakes, I altered them, I grew accordingly. I like to think I'm a self-built man.
    What's your most embarrassing moment? ... Really? Fine. The one high school party I attended and the one time I consumed alcohol, I learned that I was a lightweight and threw up in the host's swimming pool. I've never gone to one since, and I abstain from alcohol in social settings. I'll have a glass of wine by myself, but, I can be an embarrassing mess on my own with no objections.
    If you had a theme song, what would it be? Leave a link. Alone
    jzZP0sJ.png
    edited January 2018
    ~*~
    Part 3
    ~*~

And rounding things off for Blue House: Rhett Ellison! @MINEZ
    O34w6DU.png
    YeEpzbI.png
    Name: Rhett Ellison
    Career: College Student
    Background: Father is a successful Veterinarian and wants him to take over the clinic someday, but Rhett isn't too keen on a a set destiny. His mother, an best selling author and homemaker, just wants him to be happy.
    Hobbies: I love to make people smile. I love taking long jogs and playing sports with my friends. My mom is Indian so I plan on learning how to cook some her recipes. I'm a really simple guy, I could have fun doing anything with the right people.
    Traits: Good, Outgoing, Goofball, and Alluring
    Favorite color: Green
    I love getting to know people, so maybe a dinner and a walk on the beach
    If you were to sing her a love song or have a song about your relationship, what would it be?
    That's a hard one, I love music, but a favorite of mine is Find You by Zedd, the acoustic and the original.
    (Original) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2vFLW-idOxk
    (Acoustic) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TthIVRrbA8o
    The last time all my family was together, both sides. It was for my high school graduation party, so much fun!!
    I'm great at diffusing crazy situations. I can get along with anyone. Weaknesses? I'm not really good at not helping when I feel like I can make a difference. I can also get a little distracted sometimes too... not always good for school or work...
    My family has really shaped me, I'm really lucky to have great friends.
    Once I had to give speech at a general assembly and my nerves got the best of me, I was like two minutes deep and got tongue tied and just fainted.
    Starting things off in Green House: Morris Pickwick! @lovesstorms
    4NMolSl.png
    FvUcIpB.png
    Name: Morris Pickwick
    Skills (I added this):
    Charisma - 2
    Cooking - 2
    Video gaming - 1
    Fitness - 1
    Painting - 3
    Comedy - 1
    Career: Jack-of-all-Trade (can fix just about anything) - has own store called “Pickwick Fixes It”
    Background: I grew up with my parents in a fairly small town, until they died in a tragic car accident. At age ten, I moved in with my Grandfather Pickwick who frequently said, “You can always solve problems if you think long and hard and use some creativity.” His eccentric personality and taxidermy work fascinated me, though I never helped in the shop. Instead, he taught him to fix things. Anything from electrical to plumbing to building and helping others to fixing the car. I feel confident and accomplished using my hands.
    In my early twenties, forced to sift through my grandfather’s things after his death, I discovered multiple cat mounts in his workshop. Some seemed familiar, and after researching, I uncovered several articles over the years of missing cats in town and the surrounding areas. It seems my grandfather was not only a thief but a cat murderer as well!
    After the monumental find, I buried them all in the woods nearby, sold the house, and moved to Willow Creek. With no family to speak of, life is a fairly lonely one for me, but I stay busy.
    I did not attend college due to low funds, but instead learned by reading and experiencing new things. I decided after my grandfather died that staying positive and trying not to plan everything in life helped me live more fully alive and enjoy every moment. I love art work and painting. Some say I’m a little OCD about washing my hands and keeping my place clean. Some would also say my generous heart would draw women to me if only they were blind and didn’t see what I wear. My supposed tacky and unmatched outfits definitely turn off the females (or so they say). I don’t mind, though. It’s their loss. I wear bright colors and try different things. Life is more fun that way. I have my own style. Oh, and these sneakers? Wear them with everything. They’re comfortable. Why change with all my adventuring?
    Motivation for joining: No family to hold me back and enjoying adventure and life. The freedom allows for life anywhere. Most of all, I’d like a family someday. What’s to say this isn’t my ticket to begin that life?
    Hobbies: Painting, some video gaming, trying new things, watching movies, reading, spending time with loved ones/friends, finding beauty in the world around me
    Traits: Romantic, Creative, Art Lover
    Fav color: Red with orange as a close second
    If you were to take Tessa on a date, where would you go? What would you do? Well, it depends. If I had access to anything or anywhere, I’d love to take a trip back in time. Like maybe the roaring 20’s. We’d see how they lived life and explore as much as we could. However, since I know that’s not really reality, I’d take her to a museum. We’d explore the art and perhaps a cafe nearby to sip on some coffee (which I loves) and talk. I enjoy people and would love to get to know her better. Then, as the sun is setting, we’d find a cozy place up high in a bell tower or maybe in an open field or on a mountain side and watch the sun set. It’s a beautiful work of art every day--free of charge.
    If you were to sing her a love song or have a song about your relationship, what would it be? This is somewhat personal plus I can’t carry a tune with the birds. Music is art as much as painting or sculptures. She knows little about me, so technically there is no relationship thus far. However, reserving the right to change this later if I do meet her, and from what I’ve seen, I’d choose “Ginger” by Caroline England. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s4qYYEXus5Q
    What’s the best day of my life thus far? Probably the day my parents and I went to the beach. It was a few months before they died but it seems like only yesterday. (silence ensues for a minute or so) I’d rather not talk about it right now, though. It’s…well, a happy memory but sad at the same time. I’m sure you understand.
    What are your:
    Strengths - positive attitude (for the most part), cleanliness, openness to change, can be emotional (not overly but I've cried a few times) but for a man isn't that good?
    Weakness - some would say poor clothing style, not easily committed to one thing for long (can tend to move on to explore and go on adventures)
    What has really shaped me? My parent's death and moving on from that. Or perhaps some would say lack of moving on. My therapist says I’m running away but I disagree. My grandfather taught me a lot. Also, my, uh, grandfather’s misdeeds. You won’t talk about that on the show, will you? It’s embarrassing.
    Most embarrassing moment: The discovery that my grandfather murdered many cats over the years of his taxidermy business/hobby. Who knows what else he did? Hopefully, nothing. Plus did he experiment on the others who did come back with missing chunks of fur, ears, tails? I’ve heard rumors of some cats returning with added features. (he shivers at this comment) No one needs to know who was behind all that stuff. It’s bad enough that I know nor will I ever, ever forget.
    If you had a theme song, what would it be? The song I chose always lifts me up or keeps me focused on where I want to go each day. I don’t listen to it every day but it’s kind of my life motto. It’s Your Life by Francesca Battistelli
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cavJksxBdOo
    Next up, Evan Wallace. @mintycupcake
    sZuttQj.png
    7V34gtZ.png
    Name: Evan Wallace
    Career: Currently, I am a regional manager. My dream job would be to be able to work with my hands. I'd love to open a woodshop at the foot of a mountain somewhere and carve for a living, occasionally giving lessons or tours of my shop. But my current job comes with amazing benefits my dream job doesn't. Guaranteed pay, health insurance, on-site daycare. It does make me happy though, in the sense that I know with it I can provide for my son.
    Background: My life was pretty normal up until the night I met Kylie. I grew up with my mom, dad, older brother and dog in the suburbs. A three bedroom house with two cars in the garage; dad was an office man and mom worked part time as a medical assistant once I started school. I got good enough grades to go to a State university, but when I graduated, no one was hiring. I shared a place with some buddies from college and did temp work, when I managed to go to work. I had a lot of sick days due to hangovers. Going to bars most nights was all I really cared about. It was at one of those bars that I first saw Kylie. She was completely wild, definitely the sort of girl that craved the spotlight. Pretty much the opposite of me in every way, really. Still, I was completely mesmerized by her. And when she let me buy her a drink, I felt like I was the luckiest guy in the world. Even luckier when. later, we hooked up in one of the back rooms. I probably shouldn't have been surprised when she ghosted me a few days later. What I was surprised about was when I finally saw her again three months later, she was pregnant. And it was mine. Without a doubt, Jude is mine. I probably could have told you that just by looking at him – he's such a perfect mix of his mother and me. But I had the test done, I'm not crazy. But anyway. Six months isn't much time for two people to fall in love, especially two people who were so different. We were off as much as we were on; sometimes I didn't think we were going to make it. But I didn't want my son – or Kylie – to be a statistic. I wanted him to have the sort of father who shows up. And when he was born, I looked at him and I knew, somehow, we were going to make it work. But moments after they placed him in my arms, something went wrong and I watched as my son's mother slipped away. In an instant, he had no mother and I was a single father. Those first few days were so much harder than I ever would have thought. Even my hardest times with Kylie were infinitely easier than those without her. Luckily for us both, we had people everywhere rooting for us. My mom was always there to guide me, any time I called. My brother was able to handle those babysitting shift at weird hours. And when that wasn't working, my dad pulled some strings at his company to get me a job there. That made life so much easier for us. It was right around then I knew I was going to be alright. My son has grown into a charming, inquisitive, and handsome three year old, and without my family, I don't think I could have done it. I love them so much and I owe them a debt of gratitude.
    I'd be lying if I didn't say I wanted a mother for my son. That definitely plays into it. There are roles that even I can't fill. But I also want a partner for myself. Someone to balance me out. To say yes when I say no, to say beach when I say mountains. Someone who can see the little life we have built together as a blessing, not a blight. Someone who will ask how my day went and mean it. Someone to kiss at midnight on New Year's Eve.
    Hobbies: woodcarving, hiking, camping, basketball
    Traits: Perfectionist, Loves the Outdoors, Good
    Aspiration: Outdoor Enthusiast
    Favorite color: having a toddler, it makes my life a lot easier if my favorite color just happens to be that of my son's. These days, I'm told I like green.
    If you were to take Tessa on a date, where would you go and what would you do? I'd like to go somewhere fun, like an amusement park or aquarium. Somewhere with a touch of whimsy, where we can just relax and ourselves.
    What's the best day of your life thus far? The best day of my life was also the worst – the day my son was born.
    What are your strengths/ weaknesses? I'd say my strengths are I'm a good guy and a patient, loving father. I'm pretty laid back, but I like to have fun, and I'm pretty handy around the house. I care about the environment and equal rights. My weaknesses are not keeping a very clean house and I'm still not a very good cook. And I'm always second-guessing myself, especially when it comes to Jude.
    What has really shaped you? Without a doubt, becoming a single father has changed my life in ways I've never would have foreseen.
    What's your most embarrassing moment? Before, I could have named all sorts of things that I'd thought I'd die from embarrassment over. But being a father has changed even that. Embarrassment takes on a whole new meaning once you've been elbows deep in baby poo at 3am because you kid is sick.
    Interests:
    favorite Movie: Catch Me If You Can
    favorite book: Slaughterhouse-Five by Kurt Vonnegut, Jr.
    favorite tv show: Lost
    favorite band: The Smiths
    jzZP0sJ.png
    edited January 2018
    ~*~
    Part 4
    ~*~

Followed up by: Lucas (Luc) Delaney! @Bugsie2016
    5VWLHzf.png
    dmTH03H.png
    Name: Lucas 'Luc' Tony Delaney
    Career: Librarian
    Background: I was born 22 years ago in a small town just outside of London, the youngest of 3 boys. My parents split up when I was seven. My dad died a few months after and it was just my mum, my brothers and I in a small apartment scraping by with whatever we had. My mum got sick when I was nine and my oldest brother, Mark, dropped out of school to look after her. We ended up homeless as we had no money. I spent my days in the library a few blocks from where we set up a tent.
    A few weeks after that, my other brother, Jake, was expelled for robbing food from a shop near the school. I was the only one left in school. Things did get better as Mark got promoted and we were able to get a better place. Unfortunately, mum died a week before I graduated high school. That was a while ago now.
    I guess, it's because I really have nothing else going for me right now. I've had a girlfriend before but nothing too long-term. That's another story. There's a small chance i'll get through and win. Not a big chance so I still have options open for me right now but it's still possible. I'm not interested in the money, just the chance of companionship and someone who loves me back.
    Hobbies: Reading. Sorting Books (it's a librarian thing). Watching the Sc-fi and the cooking Channel.
    Traits: Genius, Romantic, Bookworm
    Favorite color: Red
    Somewhere quiet. Maybe by a lake somewhere to look at clouds. Eat some grilled cheese.
    Probably the day I graduated High School. As the only one of my siblings to do so that was amazing. Mum wasn't there to see it happen but she believed in me all the way.
    Strengths: Erm, do I have any? Er, maybe....knowing most constellations.
    Weaknesses: I can't master those sliding doors or can openers.
    Well, read my backstory. That sums the whole thing up.
    That time I accidentally pretended to read this really long book in front of a girl I had a crush on but she noticed I had it held upside down.
    Not to be upstaged by: Parker Baizen @Pema22
    HvSaMP6.png
    uRiYB0R.png
    Name: Parker Baizen
    Career: Villain (former)
    Background: Parker grew up on the wrong side of the tracks. With his mother ill and his father nowhere in the picture, Parker and his brother had to fend for themselves on the streets of San Myshuno, barely scraping by. Although he had a good heart, Parker was far from perfect, resorting to stealing and even joining a gang, something he wasn’t proud of. Yet when his brother was tragically killed in a street fight Parker was devastated, wishing there was some way he could start over and try to do a little good in the world. Being chosen for the Selection gave him this opportunity, and he vowed his little brother that he would fight passionately to win Tessa’s heart, because after all he had nothing to lose- literally.
    Hobbies: Handiness- (enjoys fixing things as way to save money and also as a creative outlet), Singing- (loves to do it but only when no ones watching, he doesn’t want to destroy his street cred!) and Cooking- (he can make some mean chocolate chip cookies :cookie: )
    Traits: self-assured, jealous, creative
    Favourite colour: dark blue
    Interview
    I would take her to San Myshuno’s karaoke bar. Although not the most romantic spot, I would love to show her the place that I often escape to when I’m feeling down, and that I have a strong connection to. Singing is also one of my passions, and taking her there would be a bonding experience, not to mention incredibly fun!
    (I had a bit of trouble finding one haha) I would sing her Just The Way You Are by Bruno Mars. I love singing the vocals and I would love to sing this to Tessa. She is amazing, and I really hope she accepts me for who I am.
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=LjhCEhWiKXk
    Probably the day I got accepted into the Selection. It was finally the day I had hope I could turn my life around, and one of the only times I felt true happiness and determination.
    I would say my main strength is determination, I have suffered and dealt with many things, and through that I have developed resilience and determination. I know if you want something, you have to work bloody hard to get it. My downfall is definitely my hot-headedness, I may seem tough on the outside, but if any of the boys disrepect me, my upbringing or my family, there will be a price to pay.
    Although it was my worst moment, losing my brother has made me all the more determined to make him proud. Everything I do is for the both of us, and whenever I want to give up, I think of him and keep going.
    Let me think… Well, when I was in the street gang, and that in itself is embarrassing, one of the members caught me singing Katy Perry while I thought I was alone. I definitely lost some of my street cred that day!
    Believer- Imagine Dragons
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=IhP3J0j9JmY
    Next on the dokett: Julian Goldberg! @Brei714
    qC8svhG.png
    wUowUW2.png
    Selection Interview: Julian Goldberg
    A reporter sits across from a neatly dressed man with dark hair and bright green eyes. "Greetings and welcome to the selection challenge interviews. I have here with me another potential competitor. Would you introduce yourself for the audience please?"
    Julian sits upright in his chair, his posture perfect from habit and years of training. He smiles a warm and charming smile for both the reporter and camera. His voice is a bit deep and richly accented as he speaks, the accent sounds vaguely Italian. "My name is Julian Goldberg."
    The reporter blinks in surprise. "No relation to the infamous crime boss Augustino Goldberg I hope?"
    Julian winces and sighs looking regretful all of a sudden. "I was hoping to avoid that coming up. I might as well clear the air now. I am indeed related to the crime boss Augustino Goldberg. I am his youngest son and I have cut all ties with my family save my eldest sister. I ask that you and your viewers not judge the son for the sins of his father. We could not be more different."
    The reporter looks torn between shock and sympathy and it seems like Julian's honesty and charisma have gone a long way here. "I see. Well what do you do for a living?"
    Julian smiles softly seeming to relax a bit now. "I'm a General Practitioner at the Willow Creek Hospital."
    The reporter smiles back and nods. "Any hobbies to speak of?"
    Julian replies easily. "I like to go for early morning jogs and read, fiction and science fiction are my favorite genres. Playing chess and building or repairing things also counts I suppose. I like to have game nights with my friends and play cards."
    The reporter follows up with another question. "What would you consider your three main traits?"
    Julian ponders this for a moment before replying. "Well, I'm Family Oriented for a start. I wouldn't call myself a Genius because that sounds arrogant, but I suppose I'm pretty smart. And strangely enough considering my family, I try my hardest to be Good."
    The reporter looks a bit confused now and asks something a bit different this time. "Would you mind telling us a bit about your background? I'm curious as to how you can care so much about family when you...well.."
    "When I come from a family of criminals?" Julian finishes with a wince.
    "Indeed. Can you elaborate?" The reporter asks.
    Julian nods slowly. "I can. As I said my father is a crime boss. My mother Rebecca Goldberg is his second wife. I have two siblings from my father's previous wife, an older half brother Stefano, and an older half sister Marissa. Growing up my father rarely showed affection. His way of helping his kids was to throw money at their problems. It wasn't healthy. It led to all sorts of issues with my older brother. My sister was more sheltered and laid back. Me? I was the quiet one. Some people also said I was the nice one. Sometimes I found myself believing that and then my father would try and bring me 'back into line' and it would be forgotten. I don't consider myself a naturally nice person, its something I have had to work at hard. I will continue to work at it too, because I do not find my birth family's way of life to be acceptable. I care for them yes. But I know what they do is wrong and I want better for my own family. I want to find someone who accepts me, flaws and sins and all and can still stand to be around me."
    The reporter smiles faintly. "I hope you find that someone. Perhaps it will be in the selection challenge even! Now for some lighter questions. What is your favorite color?"
    Julian grins. "Green. The color of the grass in the early morning sunlight."
    The reporter laughs. "That explains why you like those morning jogs huh? Okay. What would your ideal date be like?"
    Julian considers a moment. "That depends I suppose. For the first date I would like a picnic in the park the most. We could sit eat light foods and talk, getting to know each other and just relax. I also wouldn't say no if she challenged me to a game of chess."
    The reporter nods. "What is the most important thing in a relationship to you Julian?"
    Julian's response is prompt. "Good communication. Without knowing what the other person's likes and wants and how to balance that with your own likes and wants so you are both happy, you are asking for failure. To have love is wonderful, but all the best loves start with a good friendship where issues are not avoided but discussed and worked out."
    The reporter nods. "Last question! What are your motives for joining this challenge?"
    Julian smiles warmly. "I want to meet new people, and publicly prove that I am more than my family's bad name suggests. I also would like to see if Tessa and I would be a good match for each other, that's the main reason. However I am going into this with next to no expectations. I will give it my best but I will expect nor demand nothing. I will simply wait and see how it goes."
    The reporter grins. "Well said Julian. Well that's all the time I have. Will Julian Goldberg make it into the selection? To quote the man himself; Wait and see how it goes!"
    Post edited by Irishsong on
    jzZP0sJ.png
    ~*~
    Part 5
    ~*~

An absolute cookie: Quentin Swizzler @SoulGal7
    QKsJo8V.png
    sxVdCFf.png
    Name: Quentin Swizzler
    Career: Jokester, errr....Comedian
    Background: Just a normal childhood with an older jock brother, and a younger fashionista sister. I guess you could say I was the "geek" in the family. Middle child, we're the happy kids, you know.
    I kind of take after my Uncle Nestor. Yah, Uncle Nestor and I understand each other. He owns this store and it has all kinds of fun props, like whoopie cushions, and fake teeth, and....oh all, kinds of stuff. It's maybe where I got my interest in being a comedian. I would use one of the props and do a kind of stand-up routine, and it had Uncle Nestor and his customers laughing all the time. Uncle Nestor and I laugh at the same jokes, play endless hours of party frenzy, and love grilled cheese sandwiches. Ahhh....that's the life. One time me and Uncle Nestor had a toilet paper flinging contest on the front lawn. You should have seen those trees. Who knew I could throw so high? For weeks we had folks driving by the house snapping pics.
    Hobbies: When I'm not making people laugh, I play games. Yah....have you heard of The Sims? It's is so cool where you get to control these simmie lives, and....
    Yah, that, and I fix stuff...or try to....
    Why are you interested in joining the Selection: Well, you know, when I saw Tessa's picture on tv, I think I fell in love with her. Plus, she looked kind of sad. I talked to Uncle Nestor about it, and he said I should apply. He said that I was unique and that love comes with friendship and laughter. And since I was good at making people laugh, well, he said that I would be good for Tessa and make her laugh, too. He was right you know, so that's why I'm here. To become Tessa's friend and make her laugh, and then she'll realize what a "catch" I am, and fall in love with me. I just hope I don't get tongue-tied and mess it up. She is so darn beautiful.
    Traits: Goofball, Romantic, Geek
    Favorite color: I don't think I have one, but if I did, it would be a fun color, like yellow.
    Ooohhh.....Tessa, where would she like to go? You know, honestly, I haven't been on many dates. But, something fun, like bowling, or swimming, something active that we could do together. Oh she likes the outdoors, maybe even the Humor & Hijinks Festival. And then under the fireworks, I would hold her close and whisper sweet nothings in her ear. But no lies, only what I truly feel.
    If you were to sing her a love song or have a song about your relationship, what would it be? Leave a link. (Rick Astley - Never Gonna Give you Up) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ
    I think getting a job as a comedian...that was truly a great day. But I would say that it would be an even better day if Tessa picks me over all the others, and we really hit it off. That would be the best day ever!
    I'm a happy-go-lucky kind of guy. I guess a weakness would be that I'm not that into sports. Oh sure, I like to jog and hike and dance, and do things like that, but just have never been on a team sport, if you know what I mean. Well, actually, I was on the badminton team when I was in high school (a little birdie just reminded me).
    What has really shaped you? I don't think it's a what, but a who. I really think that Uncle Nestor helped me become the person I am today. To not take things so seriously, and to laugh and be happy.
    Well, I don't have many, because I am always laughing at myself. But I think the most embarassing moment in my entire life was when I was in grade 6 and we were at the community pool, and there was a girl there that I liked a lot. Puppy love, really. Well, anyhoo, we were all swimming and diving off the high board showing off our dives, and then it was my turn, and I dove in, and, well, let's just say, that something was floating in the pool....ummm....yah, my swim trunks. The girl I liked saw the whole thing, and to top it off, my older jock brother, came bearing my sister's "Lil Mermaid" towel so I could cover up and get out of the water. Everyone saw and was laughing, even the girl I liked. I was pretty embarassed. I was called "merman" after that for a long time. My Uncle Nestor told me to come up with some funny lines and laugh it off, and so I did, and I've been making jokes about myself ever since. Umm...yah, maybe not a swimming date with Tessa....scratch that suggestion.
    If you had a theme song, what would it be? Leave a link. (Pharrell Williams - Happy)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6Sxv-sUYtM
    And to finish things off, Ben Solo @Irishsong (I snatched him off the Gallery and tweaked a few things)
    kaQcCcK.png
    y6BixiL.png
    Name: Ben Solo (No Spoilers for TLJ. It’s either TFA cannon or fiction, nothing to do with TLJ. But see it, it’s good.)
    Career: I’m looking for work after I left the first order. No one wants to trust me, so I thought I’d look here.
    Background: I was raised to respect the good, but then I went bad, and now I’m sorta in the middle? It’s complicated. My mom is a general, and my dad wasn’t there a whole lot when I was a kid. He is a… Junker?
    I sorta want to lay low and not draw attention to myself. I have never met Tessa, so maybe things will go well, who’s to say? What do you mean this will be aired on TV nation wide? Well, I guess I’m not laying low after all. Great. *eye roll*
    Hobbies: I like to work out, meditate, troll the forums spreading rumors about how strong I am. But I mainly stick to myself. I’m trying to keep my anger in check. I also work on my rocket ship.
    Traits: I have a way of going overboard with the anger. I’m working on it. I also love to watch a good movie, preferably a space action film. I hear Star Trek is pretty cool, though I haven’t seen the reboots. I also want to go far in life, though I’m not sure which direction that is right now...
    Favorite color: Red and Black. Old habits die hard.
    Let’s be clear, I have never even met Tessa. I don’t know if we’ll hit it off, or if any of this will go the way we think it will, but I would like to take her to space in my ship. There are some great planets that I’ve seen that are breathtaking. If she wants to go, and the weather if fair, we’ll see if the atmosphere (pun) is right.
    I’ve only just tapped into my emotions and sensitive side lately, get back to me on that.
    When I left the first order. They were really into the whole their way or the highway kinda thing, and I wanted to get away from that. So, there’s that.
    My strengths include being strong, being driven. I think that I’m developing myself and I’m willing to admit my mistakes.
    My weaknesses include getting angry quickly, not listening well, choosing the wrong decision in the past, that sort of thing. I have negative tendencies that I’m working on.
    Snoke really shaped me in a negative way. He wanted me to embrace my anger and use it, but that only got me in tons of trouble, so I’m trying to reverse it. Messed me up good.
    When a droid stole the plans again. How does this keep happening? Why does the droid always get the plans or map? Also, I was beat by a girl who shouldn’t have been able to beat me, but in my defence I was hit by a blaster before hand. Still, that hurt my pride a lot.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTLAx3VDX7g
    “And that’s it folks! This season’s boys are (almost) all set and ready to go, so look forward to the coming weeks for updates as to what happens with the new Lady Tessa!”
    ldg1Lwk.png
    Tessa snored softly on the couch, having missed the whole thing.
    jzZP0sJ.png
    Did you forget someone? Or am I missing something here? I didn't see my guy, but if you have other plans I'll leave you to it. ;)
    I'll check in a bit
    jzZP0sJ.png
    Yeah, I'm missing some. Sorry. I'll fix it in a bit.
    jzZP0sJ.png
    No worries! Just making sure you were aware.
    Brei714 wrote: »
    Did you forget someone? Or am I missing something here? I didn't see my guy, but if you have other plans I'll leave you to it. ;)

Turns out I forgot to end the spoiler above him, so he got wrapped in with the previous entry. All's right now.
    jzZP0sJ.png
  • mintycupcakemintycupcake Posts: 13,212 Member
    The Bachelor: Dead Relatives Edition :joy:
    🌻I'm not a cat.🌻