Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The (Extra)Ordinary Tessa - S1~Ch18 5/14/18

IrishsongIrishsong Posts: 1,754 Member
Our story begins:

Aria and Tessa were watching the television, waiting to get back to their Star Wars Marathon, but those pesky commercials were impossible to get away from.

g3w9JLB.png

While most commercials promise a life changing item or lifestyle, this one was kept its word. The Announcer for the Selection appeared on the TV, dressed to the nines but still goofy as always.

4IEIzJM.png

“Ladies and gentlemen, it is with great excitement that I announce that Tessa Ruff-Stone has been chosen to be the new Selected! Coming from a modest family, she is looking to the future for true love. A good looking girl with blazing hair, she's an accomplished artist with a green-thumb….”

kf0djfF.png

Tessa stared at the TV, shaking in anticipation to what was coming, no longer thinking about the movie. The selection lottery was random, no one knew who was going to be picked. It was a huge honor, for sure, but she wasn't expecting it. She would be in the public eye. She would be seen regularly by people she didn’t know, have a stylist, be in the minds and conversations of strangers as they ate dinner.

cKDysO5.png

Aria reached over and pulled her in close. Tessa’s father was oblivious right now, in the other room strumming on his guitar he had had since he and Aria had met. He said he wrote every love song on it he'd ever written for her, and Tessa found that sweet. Sweet as their little family.

Aria had come from a large family, and Darien had come from a broken one, so when they wanted an second child and got a fourth, they said the more the merrier. And a ghost dog and small dog in the mix, things were never dull.

Tessa looked back to the TV.

sdp3FPv.png

“If you want a chance with Tessa, send in your application to the studio and good luck to you! Who knows, maybe we'll be showing up at your door with an invitation to meet the new Lady Tessa! Tell ‘em how to order, Frank!”

Tessa half laughed at it, partly from the joke on TV marketing, partly because she was what they were ordering.

Aria hugged her closer and Tessa snuggled in. Aria was excited for her daughter, but worried for her as well. Who knew what sort of scoundrels would be in this new stage of her life? How would this change their lives?

eP5FQgo.png

Applications - Closed
Applications are a bit different this time round! I want you to interview your own sims, and send the interviews to me through private message. It'll be a surprise to everyone else, but I will hold your spot and that will be public. The interviews will be shared in the introduction chapter all together.

Here are some questions you can follow, but feel free to do whatever you want, wherever you want. I really want your sim’s voice to come through.

Name:

Career:

Background:

Why you're joining the selection challenge, what are your motives? To be selected means a life without want of anything, romantic or otherwise.

Hobbies:

Traits:

Favorite color:

If you were to take Tessa on a date, where would you go and what would you do?

If you were to sing her a love song or have a song about your relationship, what would it be? Leave a link.

What's the best day of your life thus far?

What are your strengths/ weaknesses?

What has really shaped you?

What's your most embarrassing moment?

If you had a theme song, what would it be? Leave a link.

Make your sims CREATIVELY, or don't. Make them unique. Pull interest from movie characters, book characters, video games. Anything! Just be creative and let the juices flow. Make the vibrant, or pitifully dull in character. Fly my birdies! Add a costume to party attire.

Packs I own:
All Expansion Packs
All Game Packs
Backyard Stuff
Romantic Garden
Movie
Spooky
High End Party

You can have up to ten skill points. Example: 5 in writing, 2 athletic, 3 cooking.

Also, when you submit a sim, room decorating is an option. I’ll assign your entry a room regardless, and not all rooms are the same, so if you want to decorate your sim’s room, let me know and I’ll tell you which room you are assigned and you can decorate to your heart’s content. Before setting the room, make sure your walls are set to short, and bb.moveobjects is on. If you don't The walls will set to whatever you have already on the lot, and the windows may disapear if bb.moveobjects isn't on. Best to do it in a blank lot.

For now, only 1 sim per person, but if I want to speed up the process, I'll open it to more. I'll let you guys know if that happens.

#Irishselection Origin ID: Irishsong22

The casting so far:
1. Isaac Huntington @Kamio
2. Anthony (Tony) Vinson @Sonschi
3. Raúl Zúñiga @Cement
4. Camden Landgraab @LadyLana1
5. Kolby Jett @SoulGal7
6.Walter Lee-Dachelet @Xylorta-XV
7. Rhett Ellison @MINEZ
8. Morris Pickwick @lovesstorms
9. Evan Wallace@mintycupcake
10. Lucas 'Luc' Tony Delaney @Bugsie2016
11. Parker Baizen @Pema22
12. Julian Goldberg @Brei714
13. Quentin Swizzler @SoulGal7
14. Ben Solo @Irishsong

jzZP0sJ.png
Post edited by Irishsong on

Comments

• IrishsongIrishsong Posts: 1,754 Member
    Place holder
    jzZP0sJ.png
  • MissSassyMissSassy Posts: 9,731 Member
    I just made a sim for you but I haven't read the interview questions before. So I'll update him for you ^^ And then I'll send him via PM :) Might take some time tho.
    Take all the time you need.
    jzZP0sJ.png
    Irishsong wrote: »
    Take all the time you need.

It took me a few hours to finish it xD I hope it's not too long and that you like it :)
  • kittymeowkittymeow Posts: 7,338 Member
    I will join! :)

Just thought I'd let you know, if you edit a post and add in tags it doesn't notify the people. It only works when you tag in a new post for some reason.
  • LadyLana1LadyLana1 Posts: 308 Member
    My Sim wants to join! I finished editing him, will submit the interview tomorrow hopefully!
    LadyLana1 wrote: »
    My Sim wants to join! I finished editing him, will submit the interview tomorrow hopefully!

Yay!
    jzZP0sJ.png
  • CementCement Posts: 3,505 Member
    Haha, I'd love to!
    I'll make a dude and send him over to you today or tomorrow :)
  • mintycupcakemintycupcake Posts: 13,212 Member
    hey thanks for the invite! I will join for sure!
    🌻I'm not a cat.🌻
  • SoulGal7SoulGal7 Posts: 3,630 Member
    Oh I love this. I would love to make a sim for your Selection.
  • ForgottenPixelsForgottenPixels Posts: 11,376 Member
    @Irishsong Do we fill out the interview as first person (I, my) or third person (He, his)?
    Bugsie2016 wrote: »
    @Irishsong Do we fill out the interview as first person (I, my) or third person (He, his)?

Preferably first person (I, me). Let's me see the kinds of word choice the character would use. If they're confident or timid, snobby or humble. That sorta thing.
    jzZP0sJ.png
  • lovesstormslovesstorms Posts: 17,794 Member
    So fun! I love doing these. Perhaps I'll have time tonight to someone special ready. Love her story so far and she's gorgeous. :)
    Origin ID: lovesstorms
    Seeking a Cure for PSC
    From Lifehack.org
    - 20 Things About Highly Creative People
    Simblr
    Lovesstorms's Stories
    Ok. I've created my sim. Currently, I'm stalking him so he can show me more about himself. lol I know quite a bit but need lots more info. I've not uploaded him yet.

While I was stalking, I came across the below pic. Some people have no respect for personal space. Jeesh. ;)

39510914621_d60a2e33af_b.jpg
    Seeking a Cure for PSC
    From Lifehack.org
    Simblr
    Lovesstorms's Stories
    HAHAHA!
    jzZP0sJ.png
    Waiting for a few people to send me their sims, about 5 of them. Anyone want to make another? I have three spots not reserved.
    jzZP0sJ.png
    Ready? Set?

It worked out that Tessa was selected. Her family got just that much bigger as Aria had a set of twins as a last time to have babies. Aria and Darien just couldn't keep their hands off each other, Tessa supposed, and they need the space in the house more than they needed Tessa around.

Not that they pushed her out. Quite the contrary.

“Mom, they have a place for me already. I filled out a questionnaire about what sort of things I like, colors and styles, the whole gambit. They must have a lot of money to be able to buy me whatever I want, but I told them that I liked old stuff, so they pulled some older stuff out of storage.”

Aria stood with her hands on her hips, then pulled her daughter in for a hug. She remembered when she had moved out of her parents’ house, though she had been bounced around living situations more than the average person was so it wasn’t as hard. This was her little girl. Her little ray of sunshine.

“I suppose you’re right. And we could really use the room for the girls. When do you leave?”

“As soon as I can.”

~*~

Tessa stood in front of an oddly shaped house to meet someone with the studio.

The woman turned around, looking very fresh and put together. She didn’t look impressed.

8wd9E2t.png

“Hmmm. Well, not exactly TV material, are you? What have they sent me this time?”

“I’m sorry, what are you talking about?” Tessa wasn’t ready for the conflict this woman was going to bring into her life.

“You aren’t glamorous by any stretch of the immagination. Milkmaid braids? Where are you from, farm country? Jeans? Please, everyone wears leggings. You’re nothing like last season’s girl.” the woman said this bluntly, as if it were fact.

Tessa, who had been raised to have good manners and patience, redoubled her efforts. “I’m sorry, I’m here to meet my coordinator…”

bEp3CkH.png

tDWrF52.png

“That’s me, darling. The studio wanted to cut spending, I wanted a raise, so we cut the stylist and I took her job. I now get paid just under double, and I need to make you look good while also balancing all of our schedules. Are you following?”

Tessa straightened her spine and focused her eyes. “Yes, ma’am.”

“You don’t need to call me ma’am. My name is Mina.”

With that, she turned on her heel and started walking up to the house. “Today, we get settled in. I’m not going to live with you, I live over in New Crest, but I’ll send you messages frequently and make sure you look good. Keep you on track.” She didn’t smile. She said the words as if she were checking off a things in her head. Things she had to remember.

glcXAjg.png

“This is where you’ll be staying. The furniture is so old, ugh. Are you sure you don’t want new stuff?”

“No, I like older stuff. That way I don’t need to worry about ruining it or anything. It also has character, and I like to think about who-”

“Right, so I need to use your bathroom before we get going. I’ll let you look around.” She entered the only other room in the building, a closet really. The rest of the house was literally just a room, a very cramped room at that. Her bed was shoved against the wall, her dresser was in the middle of the room, and the living area was tiny, but she was ok with that. Not only was it economical, but it wasn’t supposed to be her permanent home. It was temporary.

cLUteLA.png

6ppq46c.png

Mina came out of the bathroom.

“See everything you needed to see? Good, now let’s do something about your look. People seem to like your look. Last season’s girl was very different from you.”

“Last season’s girl showed every inch of her body to the camera. I’m not going to do that.”

vZRWxA6.png

Mina looked skeptical. “We’ll see about that. If ratings are low, we may peel back the fabric a bit. You gotta remember, I have a job and I answer to the people who hold my purse strings. If they lose money, so do I, and it’s my job they’ll cut if things go south. Of course, the public will blame you, but it’s really me pulling the strings. Just you remember that. Now try on this dress.”

Tessa raised her eyebrow, then changed into the dress. It was sensible, not too short, but it made her look whole and tidy. Her hair was changed to being down with a little braid across the top, like she sometimes wears.

“There, not that bad. You’ll turn a head or two, but I can’t say you’re anything to look at.”

Tessa looked at her with disbelief. What had she gotten herself into?

55jGZ7L.png
    jzZP0sJ.png
    edited January 2018
    @Irishsong - Here is another entry for you, if you don't get any more. Up in the gallery shortly :)
    edited January 2018
    My interview has been PM'd to you and my sim uploaded @Irishsong. That took a long time but not as long as I've spent on other characters. :D

Seeking a Cure for PSC
    From Lifehack.org
    Simblr
    Lovesstorms's Stories
  • CementCement Posts: 3,505 Member
    I'll probably send in another guy if you still need more later :)
    If you still need one I can submit another man :)
    Ok, I got a few submitions while i was sleeping, I'll add it up in a bit and let you know.
    jzZP0sJ.png
    edited January 2018
    @irishsong - oh I love the start! Great job! Can't wait. This looks so good....
    Mina is so mean. Only interested in the ratings, not Tessa. And I love Tessa's make-over. It suits her nicely.
    By the way, have you guys made up your rooms yet? I dont see any on the gallery.
    jzZP0sJ.png
    Irishsong wrote: »
    By the way, have you guys made up your rooms yet? I dont see any on the gallery.

I didn’t know the rooms are in your gallery already. I will take a look soon and make my room :)