Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What are you doing New Years Eve and Day 2018?

Gilles8001Gilles8001 Posts: 729 Member
My Very 1st post. lol

I was going to go and watch the fireworks tomorrow night but another night of Windchill -40 C (-40 F). So I decided to play some Sims 4 instead. Will be doing the same thing New Years Day and staying warm

Weird weather here going back up to +4 C (38 F) by Friday. Strange weather all over

Comments

• poltergeistpoltergeist Posts: 1,411 Member
    nothing particularly new years-y besides putting my dog's thundershirt on her and keeping her calm because these people who live a block over love blowing up fireworks for absolutely every holiday. (even though they are very much illegal here) :disappointed:
    origin id: kuhpflanzen ∘ tumblr
    tumblr_inline_p3itdx0yaH1v2uzv2_1280.gif

• dreamerz13dreamerz13 Posts: 9,927 Member
    I'm in the same boat here, -40 and way too cold to be going out. Was hoping to be able to go to some of the city festivities like the fireworks but it's just not worth it in this weather. I think the city actually cancelled the big party anyway because of the weathr. Fireworks will still go off but ehhh they'll show enough of them on TV I'm sure lol. I'll be spending my evening playing sims 3 which I'm excited for. I never find the time anymore so this cold weather makes a good excuse to play. Not really bothered by the change in plans lol.

New year's day I'll just be working. Also fine, it's mundo money to work it... not complaining.
  • magicmermaid9magicmermaid9 Posts: 122 Member
    We're not really doing anything. A storm seems to be coming though for today.
    Whoops, just spent another day watching Dan and Phil
  • xKay_luvxxKay_luvx Posts: 117 Member
    Mom says it's too cold. We'll probably just eat some snacks and chill out. She's got her famous dip warming up so that's fine with me.
    "Happiness can only exist in acceptance." -George Orwell
  • marksgirl2006marksgirl2006 Posts: 87 Member
    Staying in tonight. Have lots of snacks and movies so l am set.
  • BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    Watched the fireworks on TV over the Thames just over an hour ago with my parents. Luckily I got out of the bath just in time! then everyone ate a big piece of black forest gateau each and now I'm back here. My parents are watching an old Frankenstein film right now.
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • james64468james64468 Posts: 1,276 Member
    Celebrate tonight. But Monday I have to prepare for Tuesday. I have to run the store on Tuesday but there more on plate. Just hope no more nonsense for awhile.
  • naninani Posts: 5,563 Member
    Sleep
    A french girl who's been hanging out on the english sims forum for a year now.

tumblr_nj0devVCY61s3y9slo1_500.gif

• MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    I went to bed at about 9pm, got woken by fireworks at about midnight.

It's now mid afternoon on newyears day, and I've done nothing.
    It's about 23C today. A nice day.
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • PatienceTheVirtuePatienceTheVirtue Posts: 67 Member
    It's 11:34PM EST and here I am drinking Sparkling Cider and posting on forums. About to go play party games with the roommates. woo..!(Im so sleepy)
    OYENqGg.png
  • CharliecheesenurgersCharliecheesenurgers Posts: 3,673 Member
    I'm just playing some sims like you. I might also sketch a little.
    Come Join our mafia games in the off-topic chat! https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/930404/mafia-masterlist#latest
    It's a lot of fun!
  • jojosimmernyjojosimmerny Posts: 30 Member
    I really didn't do much tonight/last night..watched the fireworks from my window. My apartment is in the perfect spot to see them going off from downtown..this is how I watch them on the 4th too.

Tomorrow probably doing laundry and cleaning.