Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Making Asian Sims

cwaddellcwaddell Posts: 4,960 Member

Recently I made my first Japanese sim, Katashi Kito, using my default replacement Ephemera skin (V2)
8ahKw0B.jpg
FkgWVzW.jpg

he looks Japanese sometimes in game but not as often or as much as I would like.

So I googled and found some non-default Asian skins to try - Ephemera WEAK Asia, LFB Asian faces only and SClub Asian skin B for females. There were a couple of others I didn't like so removed them.

I'm not completely satisfied with these and was wondering if anyone had different Asian skins they liked.

Here is Katashi with my default skin, the Eskin WEAK Asia and the LFB Asain faces only
T6kWfss.jpg

There is not much difference between the 2 Ephemera skins except for a slightly shallower crease on the upper eyelid. The Lady Frontbum one is definitely more Asian looking but I don't like the mouth/lips as much. I guess I could always use a lipstick on him to get less flat looking lips.

Here I changed his hair, brows, facial hair and some of the sliders/shaping of his eyes
HT55xBO.jpg
foP9deo.jpg

Those of you who make Asian sims, what adjustments to the sliders do you make for the head, eyes, nose and mouth?

Any hints on how to make more Asian looking sims would be appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,427 Member
    I've used this one: http://modthesims.info/d/393559 (Asian Faces) on all of mine. But I'm thinking about trying LFB's Asian Faces. I do like the shape of the eyes. For me it's the skin-tone...and the eyelids (monolid - some of us Asians don't have that monolid...) that typify the Asian look.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Options
    wendyyi1wendyyi1 Posts: 579 Member
    Have you tried adjusting the depth of his eyes? Asian eyes are often not as deep.

Kurasoberina has some Asian skins.
    For info and pics
    For downloads
  • Options
    MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
  • Options

@Nikkei_Simmer and @wendyyi1 thank you both so much. They both look very promising. I have downloaded them and will give them a try tomorrow :)
    wendyyi1 wrote: »
    Have you tried adjusting the depth of his eyes? Asian eyes are often not as deep.
    I did try that. In fact I think I over did it. That is what made the dark bags under the eyes on the Ephemera skins.
  • Options
    Mikezumi wrote: »
    Asian eyebrows tend to be sparse, although not always.

Yeah I thought those bushy ones I had on the original version looked a little off. :)
  • Options
    Mikezumi wrote: »
    I've not tried these myself but just found them while doing a little search. http://puchi-house.blogspot.com.au/2014/10/sims3cc5natural-eyebrow.html

Thanks. I'll try those tomorrow, too.
  • Options
    InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member
    I like all my defaults to match so I've been looking for a skin now that's the holy grail of default and all ages, having a monolid variation, being Maxis Match, and not making sims look too pale. I used to use a slider hack and putting the eye socket height slider really really low, which did work btw:

screenshot-118.jpg?w=533&h=300

Okay sometimes not.

screenshot-1043shrped.jpg?w=533&h=300
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    InfraGreen wrote: »
    I like all my defaults to match so I've been looking for a skin now that's the holy grail of default and all ages, having a monolid variation, being Maxis Match, and not making sims look too pale. I used to use a slider hack and putting the eye socket height slider really really low, which did work btw:

I probably won't add yet another slider but will try putting the eye socket height really really low. Thanks for the tip.
  • Options
    SunnyyesjamsSunnyyesjams Posts: 541 Member
    Asian features tend to be softer, rounder. Especially the nose, I seldom find an asian person with a very defined or sharp nose.

They don't necessarily have to be monolid because most asians aren't. In general, the features are softer and cuter(?). I also refrain from putting a lot of makeup on asian sims.
    kwdT9wX.gif
  • Options
    Deshong04Deshong04 Posts: 4,278 Member
    edited July 2018
    For skin, I use KB_HDIcedStarfruit-Epicanthic_ND-Skin. I usually go for a common look as in dark eyes and hair. Though, children can look different depending on their parents. Here are some examples.
    Screenshot-300.jpg
    Screenshot-184.jpg
    Screenshot-327.jpg

Ren and Jodi were born in-game from the parents I created.
    Screenshot-966.jpg
    Screenshot-211.jpg
    Screenshot-1636.jpg

And this is a Sim without using any 3rd party CC. Though, it still would have been useful to have an epicanthus slider.
    Screenshot-63.jpg

As far as sliders, I usually go by what looks good to me. Otherwise, I might look online for general visual references like I did with my Greek inspired Sims.
    Screenshot-337.jpg
    Screenshot-355.jpg
    Post edited by Deshong04 on
    “What doesn't kill you makes you stronger
    Stand a little taller
    Doesn't mean I'm lonely when I'm alone
    What doesn't kill you makes a fighter
    Footsteps even lighter”
  • Options
    InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member
    cwaddell wrote: »
    InfraGreen wrote: »

I probably won't add yet another slider but will try putting the eye socket height really really low. Thanks for the tip.

Yeah even with an epicanthic skin you still need to put it low. Here's how it looks at its natural lowest, with a regular skin:

bidmrJk.jpg
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • Options
    Namaya92Namaya92 Posts: 934 Member
    In my opinion it's a little difficult to create asian sims without custom sliders. This is Yumi Ling, I created her with custom sliders for my robinson challenge. I use Kurasoberina's primer HD+ default replacement skin so I didn't use a special Asian skin for her:

tumblr_owuguslOtb1wu9mp0o3_1280.png
    tumblr_owuguslOtb1wu9mp0o2_1280.png
    tumblr_owuguslOtb1wu9mp0o1_1280.png
    tumblr_ozb7pwhaGG1wu9mp0o4_1280.png
  • Options
    Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,427 Member
    Screenshot-43.jpg

My sim, Toshio Nakamura... He's Japanese-American. :D
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Options
    SunnyyesjamsSunnyyesjams Posts: 541 Member
    I've just had one of my sim's child turn out very asian looking.

It's funny because his dad was an asian with little oriental features and his mom was european.

iHiaQ8S.jpg

kwdT9wX.gif
  • Options
    MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    edited January 2018
    I made this sim, Lilika, a few years back but I gave her a little makeover today because I use different CC to what I used back then.

39458648132_9d8057d360_o.jpg
    38780459214_1da3c76c00_o.jpg
    38780460174_52c735f293_o.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    Fantastic looking Asian sims everyone. <3

I tried the Cmar Asian Faces skin but in my game it turned their faces completely black. I must not have installed it correctly.

I also tried the KB Starfruit skin and also the less-hairy eyebrows. Since the eyebrows were only for female sims I decided not to keep them.

I've decided to keep the LFB Asian faces skin for Japanese and more northern Asian sims and the KB Starfruit for more southeast Asian, Filipino and Polynesian sims. Here is how the 3 look on Katashi.

Eskin V2 default, KB Starfruit and LFB Asian Faces Only
    U9UQYzL.jpg

I also tried all the skins on a female Asian sim I had created a few months ago.

the original using my default skin for females - SClub F1.0A
    P86oV7l.jpg

SClub non-default Asian skin B
    c2JUvog.jpg

Eskin WEAK Asian non-default
    Oebqfoh.jpg

LFB Asian Faces Only
    LbMR6ol.jpg

KB Starfruit
    c93qhhp.jpg
  • Options
    T_MariT_Mari Posts: 75 Member
    edited January 2018
    I constantly make Asian sims. I use Pyxis' Huckleberry pie as my skin.
    iAD0UT2.jpg
    The makeup I use is s-club, it slightly took away their features (sorry) but I like making my sims glam and I still believe they look Asian.
    ShX5wX3.jpg
    99g5XgV.jpg
    This is a female without makeup
    Nb2xvJq.jpg
    EugefIe.jpg
    the one above is my fav of all the sims, she looks like she'd be the serious/ mean type in a Korean drama.
    xxT8Vbs.jpg
    F3z2cxM.jpg
    This last one was my attempt at making a Filipino sim. She still needs some work (most of them do, but I have them in my bin for future adjustments)
    But I only trust Pyxis for Asian skins. As I said before, their Huckleberry pie was used throughout.
  • Options
    jordandjordand Posts: 262 Member
    @Mikezumi, Lilika is gorgeous!! I love the skin used on her!
    @T_Mari, great looking sims!
    @cwaddell, your sims look fantastic! I love the starfruit skin!
  • Options
    CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    edited January 2018
    Just now made her

3tw7Z5w.png

Skin: EA Vanilla
    CC: None
    Custom Sliders: None
    Pattern: By me made 2 hours ago

I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
  • Options
    w6SOLiv.png

Skin: EA Vanilla
    CC: None
    Custom Sliders: None
    Pattern: By me made

DfydFiZ.gif
  • Options
    T_MariT_Mari Posts: 75 Member
    Lovely pattern! I once wore a yukata with a pattern similar to that
  • Options
    @T_Mari Thank you,I started making a black and pink Yukata pattern but have to go to an 10:00 appointment.Start playing Sims 3 you tend to forget real life :D

Here is a short video of that pattern set.All are in my studio

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v2I-DWAwD7g

And another asian pattern set,these are in my studio too

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DCY7qw8mU_w

DfydFiZ.gif
  • Options
    Odonata68Odonata68 Posts: 1,076 Member
    I really like everyone's sims! <3 I like diversity in my game, also, so I made a couple of Asian sims. I found it a little difficult to keep them from looking too "Caucasian" while creating them in CAS.
    I really like these two:
    (vanilla)
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    (same female with CC. Did not adjust features)
    screenshot_original.jpg