March 15th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Day 3 of Simsmas: Building ... Simsmas?!?

EA_MageEA_Mage Posts: 1,354 EA Staff (retired)
Day 3 of Simsmas: Building ... Simsmas?!?

Your challenge for the day: Build build build…to not forget! Share with us something you built that reminds you of Simsmas.

This can be anything (as you can see from my example below) that reminds you of the holiday season!

1ltw33aflbcz.png

Yes...cheating is very much encouraged ;)

Comments

• clover24clover24 Posts: 887 Member
    edited December 2017
    Wish I had thought of building as enlarging before
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    I made a 50s toy shop with a toy display this year its not a new build but that kind of stuff always reminds me of Christmas and a Christmas story movie sorry I can't seem to get the the hang of getting pics on here my gallery name is comicsforever if anyone wants to download it
    its called 50s toy shop
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    I also made a Christmas tree, its the only thing I could think of to make for Christmas LOL. Well here is my version, those new pet balls came in very handy ;)

Tq4pFwM.png
    I made a 50s toy shop with a toy display this year its not a new build but that kind of stuff always reminds me of Christmas and a Christmas story movie sorry I can't seem to get the the hang of getting pics on here my gallery name is comicsforever if anyone wants to download it
    its called 50s toy shop

Here is @comicsforlife beautiful toy shop :)

Cvw1nX1.png

MmlUo2O.png

ajO9iOh.png

XNjMQXC.png

QKGeA5G.png

• EA_MageEA_Mage Posts: 1,354 EA Staff (retired)
    Awesim <3

Thank you so much for sharing everyone, keep it up :smiley:
  • MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    I've shown another version of this one in the other simsmas threads

The aussie beachside farmhouse. I uploaded it if anyone is interested.
    tumblr_p1o62ryEiZ1v2n804o1_1280.png
    tumblr_p1o62ryEiZ1v2n804o2_1280.png
    tumblr_p1o62ryEiZ1v2n804o3_1280.png
    tumblr_p1o62ryEiZ1v2n804o4_1280.png
    Many of the rooms have fans, because at this time of the year you need them or a/c

I also made a second Aussie location, this time it's a shack beside the sea. A lot of aussie families get together at similar style beach side 'holiday homes'. They're always somewhat ugly.
    tumblr_p1o7amEPWf1v2n804o1_1280.png
    tumblr_p1o7amEPWf1v2n804o2_1280.png
    tumblr_p1o7amEPWf1v2n804o4_1280.png

AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
    thank you @mcrudd
  • mikamakimonmikamakimon Posts: 470 Member
    > @mcrudd said:
    > I also made a Christmas tree, its the only thing I could think of to make for Christmas LOL. Well here is my version, those new pet balls came in very handy ;)

this is so adorable, and looks much better than the one from the holiday pack!
    mcrudd wrote: »
    I also made a Christmas tree, its the only thing I could think of to make for Christmas LOL. Well here is my version, those new pet balls came in very handy ;)

Tq4pFwM.png

so cute
  • poltergeistpoltergeist Posts: 1,411 Member
    i built a toy shop sometime before christmas. :)

tumblr_p1p9mbTKSk1v707rto1_1280.png
    tumblr_p1p9mbTKSk1v707rto2_1280.png
    tumblr_p1p9mbTKSk1v707rto3_1280.png
    tumblr_p1p9mbTKSk1v707rto7_1280.png
    tumblr_p1p9mbTKSk1v707rto6_1280.png
    tumblr_p1p9mbTKSk1v707rto4_1280.png
    tumblr_p1p9mbTKSk1v707rto5_1280.png
    origin id: kuhpflanzen ∘ tumblr
    tumblr_inline_p3itdx0yaH1v2uzv2_1280.gif

• KementariKementari Posts: 925 Member

I built a Christmas Village :)

Plenty more pics here: SIMplicity

Barn-1.jpg

Night7.jpg

• MsPrissy88MsPrissy88 Posts: 3,122 Member
    edited December 2017
    I don't think I'll be joining this particular one. Nothing really reminds me of Christmas.

I'll just wait for day 5.
    Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
    thank you @mcrudd

Its a huge pleasure :)

this is so adorable, and looks much better than the one from the holiday pack!

aww thank you <3

so cute

Thank you <3

• DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Kementari wrote: »
    I built a Christmas Village :)

Plenty more pics here: SIMplicity

Barn-1.jpg

Night7.jpg

This is very pretty. Good job.
  • coolsim9999999coolsim9999999 Posts: 5,016 Member
    edited December 2017
    I built a room for the nursery rhyme "Little Jack Horner."
    Remember:

"Little Jack Horner
    Sat in the corner,
    Eating a Christmas pie."
    NRaEqkq.jpg
    bird's eye view of the room
    aCg9I9P.jpg
    awT2tiU.jpg
    4kkjdXo.png

• GruffmanGruffman Posts: 4,831 Member
    Challenge accepted. Go big or go home.

I built a restaurant. I named it Winter Retreat and it is built on a 40x20 lot in New Crest. My poor sims put on some pounds cause I sent them to the restaurant, had to fix some things for issues, then back to the restaurant ... needless to say, they all ate out a lot.

vET3s0t.jpg
    I tried to imitate a snow covered look for the ground, so I used one of the cobblestones paint.

iTDPSA3.jpg
    The outer porch area, a small outside bench, oversized Simstas tree. Originally had a miniature doll house underneath, but it was smashed and then everyone cried. Out with the dollhouse, in with a train car.

i1FNzrR.jpg
    Top view of the outer restaurant. I wanted to make it look like present boxes with the odd colored walls and roof. More trees, more presents, a family of snowmen in the back and a whole herd of the various gnomes and nutcrackers and an escalation of one of the bird designs.

gElNdXt.jpg
    View from the other rooftop.

EBaa22K.jpg
    All of the gnome statues, nutcrackers and snowmen adorn the back part of the restaurant.

JozMAOn.jpg
    The front entrance has some highback booth chairs for seating for extra sims, yet another tree, a wall of stuffed animals .... The host/hostess has outfits of gold, the wait staff are in green and the cooks are in red.

9wRrLj7.jpg
    The original front entrance. I had to move one of the trees and the mini-snowman away from the host podium due to a routing issue and no one being able to request a table.

0ikcMce.jpg
    Current front entrance. One of the trees moved back to the holiday table, the other still by the podium. Podium now fully functional.

zYbncsT.jpg
    A wall of stuffed animals ... cause ... why not?

0hPAurM.jpg
    The restaurant is actually divided in two. There is family dining in the front half with a bar and more of a romantic atmosphere in back. The sims have their party outfits on. It is the default attire for the restaurant.

q3QwXNl.jpg
    A shot of the back with the bar and the corner booths. Random sims went to the bar first, ordered a drink. Drank it at the bar and then went to get a table to eat. I kinga liked having the bar get used that way. It was nice to see it be used.

WdD6AEd.jpg
    Random NPC sim at the bar waiting for his drink.

krGgcJj.jpg
    An inside shot of the mens restroom.

39L3zLW.jpg
    And one of the ladies. Each restroom has three private toilet stalls areas.

nHmxKKL.jpg
    I was so happy to see a celebrity be my waitress. She was there everytime my sims went to go eat. I actually laughed the first time I saw here there. I was hoping to see the rest of that family, but they never showed while I was working and tinkering with the build.

HEUg4a5.jpg
    The restaurant works, so my sims got to eat .... and eat .... and eat some more.

QguajLf.jpg
    Same group, different table, another day. There are two six seating tables, four two seating and then the 8 booths and the barstools.

ztHSKab.jpg
    A shot of the tree that is in the back corner of the restaurant. All ready for presents underneath.

ZZEDPjI.jpg
    I was sad. My toddler wasn't able to attend the restaurant and went to daycare. Where there is a will, there is a way. I was happy that my toddler could sit in the highchair at the end of the table and eat. While she couldn't eat food from the restaurant, her parents were able to give her food from their inventory.

4Y974HE.jpg
    She even behaved herself in the restaurant.

Fa1A1TY.jpg
    Another shot of the baby.

I did have to change/move a few of the centerpieces on the tables. The wait staff were unable to put some of the platters down on the two-seat tables that had a mini-snowman for the centerpiece.

• phantasmkissphantasmkiss Posts: 1,520 Member
    I built an Elven Village, and though it isn't entirely Christmas themed, I included a summer home for Christmas elves!

Elven Village

The Village
    tumblr_inline_ovbv8dWaYd1ukb6nu_1280.png

Inside the Christmas Elves' home; parents and their daughter
    tumblr_inline_ovbvh94TCp1ukb6nu_1280.png
    4TJdLHA.png
    Tumblr | Sims 4 Gallery | Sims 3 Page
    Baby Darling: My 100 Baby Challenge | Generation 1 | Donors 10 | Adult Children 8 | First Post | Most Recent
    Give Me a Story, I'll Give You a Build | The Bunker Challenge | CowplantSports
  • EA_MageEA_Mage Posts: 1,354 EA Staff (retired)
    @Gruffman You went all out! It's amazing:smiley:

@phantasmkiss I love it! When can I move in?
  • phantasmkissphantasmkiss Posts: 1,520 Member
    @EA_Mage There are plenty of homes available! ;)
    4TJdLHA.png
    Tumblr | Sims 4 Gallery | Sims 3 Page
    Baby Darling: My 100 Baby Challenge | Generation 1 | Donors 10 | Adult Children 8 | First Post | Most Recent
    Give Me a Story, I'll Give You a Build | The Bunker Challenge | CowplantSports
  • Emo-usagi2187Emo-usagi2187 Posts: 600 Member
    sorry i don't have any image put up here cause my photobucket is being a troll during the holidays lol so no images but my sims house is all dec up for simsmas though.
    [img][/img]48163509141_6d283a2fcb.jpg06-30-19_1-14-16 AM by Jeannita Szalai, on Flickr