Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Few questions about sims mobile

Comments

• ekatowitzekatowitz Posts: 3 New Member
    What exactly does the "Toy Chest" do? It says "Unlocks the Check Out Drawings action"; yet I can't do anything but look at it. I've had Baby, Toddle, Child and Adult and at no point did I get any actions from it.

Anybody know what this thing does?
  • AlexAsh99AlexAsh99 Posts: 6 New Member
    So when do Sims get to retirement stage? My two playable Sims have 3 children (one toddler, one child, and one I accidentally aged into adult). I wanted to make their adult son a playable sim, but it gives me the message "Household is full" when I try to promote him. Does this mean I have to unlock another playable Sim space? Or can I just retire his parents and open that space up? I'm assuming the parents can't retire while they still have a toddler and child, correct?
  • AlexAsh99AlexAsh99 Posts: 6 New Member
    > @rachipupu said:
    > is it just me or the NPC in the town became old? (grey hairs and slouching posture)

Not just you! I was noticing the same thing! Not sure why, though.
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,521 Member
    AlexAsh99 wrote: »
    So when do Sims get to retirement stage? My two playable Sims have 3 children (one toddler, one child, and one I accidentally aged into adult). I wanted to make their adult son a playable sim, but it gives me the message "Household is full" when I try to promote him. Does this mean I have to unlock another playable Sim space? Or can I just retire his parents and open that space up? I'm assuming the parents can't retire while they still have a toddler and child, correct?

Hello @AlexAsh99
    You need to pay simcash to open up another playable sim slot if you would like to promote the adult sim and don’t retire the sims.The game will let you know when you can retire your sims. You receive a message in the game. If you get the message, and retire your sims, the slots will be open so you can promote the son into it. The retired sims will remain in the house for a few days as NPC sims, then will leave the home and game completely.
  • William_CWilliam_C Posts: 2 New Member
    Level 23
  • ErpeErpe Posts: 5,872 Member
    Ancaryvan wrote: »
    I UNABLE to rearrange my purchased furniture when I'm in built mode. There is NO RESPOND when clicking any purchasedfurniture in the house during the built mode. Also having problem on rotating camera. I'm playing on PC using Bluestack Emu.
    I don’t know Bluestack. So I can’t tell you how to emulate a long click where we press on an object for a couple of seconds before we release it. But you have to find a way to emulate such a prolonged click to be able to move the furniture or sell it.
  • EljadoEljado Posts: 2 New Member
    Does anyone know how I go about buying a new outfit?
  • EljadoEljado Posts: 2 New Member
    Does anyone know how I go about buying a new outfit?
  • StormiSkiezStormiSkiez Posts: 449 Member
    edited March 2018
    @Eljado Tap the button that has a body and plumbob on it, then tap on Change Appearance, Then tap on Style.
    If there's a strong storm you'll find me gawking out the window, ignoring the safety warnings.

giphy.gif
  • SimKenzieSimKenzie Posts: 31 Member
    > @Eljado said:
    > Does anyone know how I go about buying a new outfit?

Hi,
    To buy a new outfit, edit your appearance and pick any of the available clothes to make your new look.

If you pick clothing (or an accessory, makeup, or anything else) that you do not already own, you will see a shopping cart icon in the lower left corner of the screen. Tap the shopping cart to complete your purchase.
    > @AlexAsh99 said:
    > > @rachipupu said:
    > > is it just me or the NPC in the town became old? (grey hairs and slouching posture)
    >
    >
    > Not just you! I was noticing the same thing! Not sure why, though.

I think it happens when your sim gets older. I recently reached level 16 and got the "ready to retire?" prompt. And just today I got the "ready to retire?" prompt again! I feel sad for the people working in the restaurant and the coffee shop. They're old!
  • Echo006Echo006 Posts: 31 Member
    Hi, can somebody who is a high level in the game tell me what the different baths are and how much Simcash they cost. The cheapest I’ve seen is 150 but I don’t want to buy it if I know there’s another bath that gives you more energy when you use it. Thanks!
    Echo006 wrote: »
    Hi, can somebody who is a high level in the game tell me what the different baths are and how much Simcash they cost. The cheapest I’ve seen is 150 but I don’t want to buy it if I know there’s another bath that gives you more energy when you use it. Thanks!

Hello @Echo006
    There is a “Stancke Spa “ tub for 275 simcash. With the tubs, you can buy other items that will add extra energy levels to the tubs.
    “Bath Cabinet” and “ Spawsome cabinet” adds 3 energy levels to the tub. “Push Bathrobe” adds 2 energy levels.
  • rachipupurachipupu Posts: 16 New Member
    Hi, I want to ask.
    I was wondering, can you ask other people's sims (the one who has blue plumbob in their head) to move in to my house?
    rachipupu wrote: »
    Hi, I want to ask.
    I was wondering, can you ask other people's sims (the one who has blue plumbob in their head) to move in to my house?

Hello @rachipupu
    Once you reach level 8 in the relationship level you can ask the sim to move in. You need though to ask permission from the simmer whose sim it is.
    > @rosemow said:
    > rachipupu wrote: »
    >
    > Hi, I want to ask.
    > I was wondering, can you ask other people's sims (the one who has blue plumbob in their head) to move in to my house?
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello @rachipupu
    > Once you reach level 8 in the relationship level you can ask the sim to move in. You need though to ask permission from the simmer whose sim it is.

Does it means they will "hand over" their sims to me? Will they still be able to play that sim? What if my sim married with that sim? In the first place, can two sims be married but not living in one house? sorry for too many questions!
  • JreamCatcherJreamCatcher Posts: 9 New Member
    I had a lot of these same questions when I first started playing too. It's not the most intuitive game but it's rewarding when you finally figure something out. Mostly, just go along with the flow of quests and to-do's and you'll be an expert in no time! :smile:
    rachipupu wrote: »
    > @rosemow said:
    > rachipupu wrote: »
    >
    > Hi, I want to ask.
    > I was wondering, can you ask other people's sims (the one who has blue plumbob in their head) to move in to my house?
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello @rachipupu
    > Once you reach level 8 in the relationship level you can ask the sim to move in. You need though to ask permission from the simmer whose sim it is.

Does it means they will "hand over" their sims to me? Will they still be able to play that sim? What if my sim married with that sim? In the first place, can two sims be married but not living in one house? sorry for too many questions!

Hello @rachipupu
    EA _Mai explains about what happens in this link post
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Game-Information/Copying-my-real-life-Wife-s-Sim-into-my-game-when-she-moves-in/m-p/6699191/highlight/true#M1426
    Hi, what strategies are players using for The Sims Mobile?

For example, is anyone quickly retiring their sims, to gain heirlooms?
    Are people preferring to create two sims that marry? Or marrying NPCs? Or trying to marry another player's sim?
    > Hello @rachipupu
    > EA _Mai explains about what happens in this link post
    > httpsanswerseacom/t5/Game-Information/Copying-my-real-life-Wife-s-Sim-into-my-game-when-she-moves-in/m-p/6699191/highlight/true#M1426

Hmm... it's kinda frustrating that a sim will be transferred/handed over completely to other people's game. Who wants to do that? (actually, is there anyone who've done that? please share your experience here). If you say "just married with townies NPC" to solve the problem, well that's right, but all the townies NPC in my game is old and retired. The adult ones (not retired) are other user's sims. :'(
  • AncaryvanAncaryvan Posts: 736 Member
    edited March 2018
    @Erpe wrote: »
    Ancaryvan wrote: »
    I UNABLE to rearrange my purchased furniture when I'm in built mode. There is NO RESPOND when clicking any purchasedfurniture in the house during the built mode. Also having problem on rotating camera. I'm playing on PC using Bluestack Emu.
    I don’t know Bluestack. So I can’t tell you how to emulate a long click where we press on an object for a couple of seconds before we release it. But you have to find a way to emulate such a prolonged click to be able to move the furniture or sell it.
    Thank you kindly of your respond. There is an option to sell furniture? I'm unable to find where? Right now my main concern is the camera rotating and up-down angle. Seems very bumpy at the moment.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65VG4IacGsg
    I literally play this music above when playing Sims 4! Cozy and Fuzzy
  • LoversHovelLoversHovel Posts: 35 Member
    [quote="SimKenzie;c-16390934"]Hi, what strategies are players using for The Sims Mobile?

For example, is anyone quickly retiring their sims, to gain heirlooms?
    Are people preferring to create two sims that marry? Or marrying NPCs? Or trying to marry another player's sim?
    [/quote]

My plan is to have each sim complete at least one career, hobby, and relationship to max to unlock the items. I'll retire them soon after and hopefully by the time I retire my first couple of generations I'll add more playable sims for efficiency [and bigger families >:)].
    Choose life, because life chose you to experience it.
    > @LoversHovel said:
    >
    > My plan is to have each sim complete at least one career, hobby, and relationship to max to unlock the items. I'll retire them soon after and hopefully by the time I retire my first couple of generations I'll add more playable sims for efficiency [and bigger families >:)].

Hi, thanks for replying. My first sim has finished a relationship and career to max. I was going to retire him but then realized his hobby wasn't maxed. I came to a similar conclusion... I want to max out the hobby, so that I don't have to start it over with another sim.

It gets crazy thinking about the various strategies of game play. Do you want to have your sims branch out over multiple careers? Or retire a few generations and raise kids? Or start with brand-new sims? Decisions, decisions...
  • KuvuplanKuvuplan Posts: 34 Member
    You probably want to keep at least 1 sim not retired, because the maxed career is a good source of income, and it will take awhile to get that back. The point of retirement is for heirlooms to be able to pick different or upgraded traits. If you are not really using the traits, or have the ones you want, no need to re-roll so quickly.
    I'm going to wait until my friend has their relationship story finished on my sim too. It would be rude to have my sim disappear on them before they finished. With all the grey haired NPC's I see in town, who I used to be able to give stickers to, I assume most people are retiring pretty quickly once they get the option.
  • MusicMeg222MusicMeg222 Posts: 163 Member
    Does this game use mobile data? It seems a little different from Sims Freeplay, so I wasn't sure. I'd like to play it during my lunch break sometimes, but I'm afraid of using too much mobile data.