Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Few questions about sims mobile

Comments

• rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,585 Member
    rosemow wrote: »
    Nope, nothing :(. I don't know what to try next!

I am sorry :( If your sims get married and there is a free playable slot, he will move in then.

Well, I'll have to wait till next weekend then, as I have the Monday off, so I'll have plenty of time to do the honeymoon quest. Or I'll just forget about moving the sim in altogether. Thanks for your help :)

You’re welcome :) I hope that you go well when you do the honeymoon quest and can finish it in the time.
  • MayaRose1138MayaRose1138 Posts: 1,790 Member
    Nope, nothing :(. I don't know what to try next!

I am sorry :( If your sims get married and there is a free playable slot, he will move in then.

Well, I'll have to wait till next weekend then, as I have the Monday off, so I'll have plenty of time to do the honeymoon quest. Or I'll just forget about moving the sim in altogether. Thanks for your help :)

You’re welcome :) I hope that you go well when you do the honeymoon quest and can finish it in the time.

I have 95 cupcakes, so I hope so too!!
  • PaJeanPaJean Posts: 30 Member
    Will I still be able to continue clear land and add rooms after level 40? Is there plans to increase the level number and open the waterfront?
    PaJean wrote: »
    Will I still be able to continue clear land and add rooms after level 40? Is there plans to increase the level number and open the waterfront?
    Hello @PaJean
    You can keep clearing land as your lifestyle rating rank increases. It is not tied to level 40 or any other level which is your player level. When you reach another lifestyle rank, sometimes it allows you to clear more land.
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Game-Information/Guide-The-Sims-Mobile-Lifestyle-Rating/m-p/6659977#M535
    We don’t know if the player level or Waterfront will be increased or opened in the future.
  • CoorulCoorul Posts: 18 Member
    I reached level 40. I completed all of the career and hobby stories. Now I’m trying to complete the relationship stories but it’s hard to do because I need money to build my house.
    Whatever the waterfront will be, I’m excited to find out
    Coorul wrote: »
    I reached level 40. I completed all of the career and hobby stories. Now I’m trying to complete the relationship stories but it’s hard to do because I need money to build my house.
    Whatever the waterfront will be, I’m excited to find out

Congratulations on completing all the career and hobby stories! @Coorul :) That is great!
    >
    >
    > Hello @PaJean
    > You can keep clearing land as your lifestyle rating rank increases. It is not tied to level 40 or any other level which is your player level. When you reach another lifestyle rank, sometimes it allows you to clear more land.
    >
    > We don’t know if the player level or Waterfront will be increased or opened in the future.

Thanks for the info. I'm not sure why I thought the land clearing was tied to the level.
    >
    >
    > Hello @PaJean
    > You can keep clearing land as your lifestyle rating rank increases. It is not tied to level 40 or any other level which is your player level. When you reach another lifestyle rank, sometimes it allows you to clear more land.
    >
    > We don’t know if the player level or Waterfront will be increased or opened in the future.

Thanks for the info. I'm not sure why I thought the land clearing was tied to the level.

You’re welcome :) Land clearing is tied to the lifestyle rank level, as when that rises, you can sometimes have the opportunity to clear more land.
    My family portrait has disappeared. I have looked everywhere inside and outside my home. Any suggestions?
    My family portrait has disappeared. I have looked everywhere inside and outside my home. Any suggestions?

Hello
    Try closing the app on your device that you play it on. Turn off your device. Then turn back on the device, open the app and see if the portrait is there.
    Try also checking the storage inventory.
    Have your sims travel to another area in the game, such as a career venue, then back again and see if the portrait has then returned.
    > @rosemow said:
    >
    > Hello
    > Try closing the app on your device that you play it on. Turn off your device. Then turn back on the device, open the app and see if the portrait is there.
    > Try also checking the storage inventory.
    > Have your sims travel to another area in the game, such as a career venue, then back again and see if the portrait has then returned.

I tried everything you suggested and no family portrait. I then tried just pressing on all the wall decorations (even the windows) and the Castle Goth Historical Art is acting as my family portrait. It still shows the correct image as the art, just when pressed, it brings up my sims. Weird. It's like my sims are in witness protection. LOL
    > @rosemow said:
    >
    > Hello
    > Try closing the app on your device that you play it on. Turn off your device. Then turn back on the device, open the app and see if the portrait is there.
    > Try also checking the storage inventory.
    > Have your sims travel to another area in the game, such as a career venue, then back again and see if the portrait has then returned.

I tried everything you suggested and no family portrait. I then tried just pressing on all the wall decorations (even the windows) and the Castle Goth Historical Art is acting as my family portrait. It still shows the correct image as the art, just when pressed, it brings up my sims. Weird. It's like my sims are in witness protection. LOL

Hello
    Could the family portrait perhaps be on the wall behind the Castle Goth Historical Art item? It may be overlapping it. Try moving the artwork and see if that may help.
  • MayaRose1138MayaRose1138 Posts: 1,790 Member
    Just went into my game and saw the same thing - the castle picture was where the portrait should be. Pressed on the picture, went into the portrait to take a screenshot of the youngest child for the family tree, then when I went back out, the portrait picture had returned. Seems like this is a glitch of some sort.
  • FlanFlan Posts: 10 New Member
    Someone has asked my sim to move in. If I would let her move out I’d lose control. If I allow this,will the sim no longer show in my family portrait for retired sims by generation ? When I moved out adult kids before playing them they don’t show in family generations
    . I don’t want to lose her on my generation portrait but I feel bad not letting her move out too. I’m close to retiring her anyway. I don’t know what to do so I’ve left the request alone.
    edited June 2018
    Flan wrote: »
    Someone has asked my sim to move in. If I would let her move out I’d lose control. If I allow this,will the sim no longer show in my family portrait for retired sims by generation ? When I moved out adult kids before playing them they don’t show in family generations
    . I don’t want to lose her on my generation portrait but I feel bad not letting her move out too. I’m close to retiring her anyway. I don’t know what to do so I’ve left the request alone.

Hello @FIan
    When you let a sim move out to another simmer’s game, you lose control of them but a copy of them remains in the family portrait section of previous generations. Because you played her, she will remain in the family portrait past generations section.
  • phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member

It also might not let you transfer the sim if she is close to retirement. If you retire your sim , they will leave you heirlooms that unlocks traits or hobbies

It also might not let you transfer the sim if she is close to retirement. If you retire your sim , they will leave you heirlooms that unlocks traits or hobbies

Hello.
    If you accept the request to move out your sim, the sim will leave you an heirloom when they leave your game to go to the other game.
  • FlanFlan Posts: 10 New Member
    > @rosemow said:
    > Flan wrote: »
    >
    > Someone has asked my sim to move in. If I would let her move out I’d lose control. If I allow this,will the sim no longer show in my family portrait for retired sims by generation ? When I moved out adult kids before playing them they don’t show in family generations
    > . I don’t want to lose her on my generation portrait but I feel bad not letting her move out too. I’m close to retiring her anyway. I don’t know what to do so I’ve left the request alone.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello @FIan
    > When you let a sim move out to another simmer’s game, you lose control of them but a copy of them remains in the family portrait section of previous generations. Because you played her, she will remain in the family portrait past generations section.

Thank you so much! That’s just what i was hoping. When she is done with her hobby I will accept.
    > @rosemow said:
    >
    > Someone has asked my sim to move in. If I would let her move out I’d lose control. If I allow this,will the sim no longer show in my family portrait for retired sims by generation ? When I moved out adult kids before playing them they don’t show in family generations
    > . I don’t want to lose her on my generation portrait but I feel bad not letting her move out too. I’m close to retiring her anyway. I don’t know what to do so I’ve left the request alone.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello @FIan
    > When you let a sim move out to another simmer’s game, you lose control of them but a copy of them remains in the family portrait section of previous generations. Because you played her, she will remain in the family portrait past generations section.

Thank you so much! That’s just what i was hoping. When she is done with her hobby I will accept.

You’re welcome :)

Hello.
    If you accept the request to move out your sim, the sim will leave you an heirloom when they leave your game to go to the other game.

I had heard that however someone posted the game would not let them transfer the sim because the sim was up for retirement. If the game lets you transfer a sim up for retirement, the person on the other end would just get a retired sim and that sim would leave the game in a few days.
    > @rosemow said:
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello @FIan

Someone else had posted they could not transfer their sim that was up for retirement. If you can transfer a sim up for retirement, you get the heirloom and the other player would get a retired sim that will leave the game in a few days.

Hello.

I had heard that however someone posted the game would not let them transfer the sim because the sim was up for retirement. If the game lets you transfer a sim up for retirement, the person on the other end would just get a retired sim and that sim would leave the game in a few days.

If the game lets the simmer transfer the sim, the sim would move into the household, and then the simmer can decide when they want to retire the sim. The simmer who loses control of their sim receives a heirloom whether they are at retirement age or not.
    edited June 2018

Hello.

If the game lets the simmer transfer the sim, the sim would move into the household, and then the simmer can decide when they want to retire the sim. The simmer who loses control of their sim receives a heirloom whether they are at retirement age or not.

You know how the game triggers retirement notice once you have 4 traits visible, the way the other person was posting, you can't transfer a sim like that. It will auto trigger retirement. I haven't tried this. i am going by what others have said in the wedding thread when they were trying to pass a sim up for retirement to another player
    > @rosemow said:

>
    > Hello
    > Could the family portrait perhaps be on the wall behind the Castle Goth Historical Art item? It may be overlapping it. Try moving the artwork and see if that may help.

I tried moving it and there isn't anything behind it and now it's description is "family portrait". I even took screen shots, but I don't know how to upload photos here.
    > @rosemow said:

>
    > Hello
    > Could the family portrait perhaps be on the wall behind the Castle Goth Historical Art item? It may be overlapping it. Try moving the artwork and see if that may help.

I tried moving it and there isn't anything behind it and now it's description is "family portrait". I even took screen shots, but I don't know how to upload photos here.

Could you perhaps place the castle /portrait picture into the storage inventory, then take it out again and place on the wall, and it may help the issue.