March 15th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Day 1 of Simsmas: Happy Simsmas!

EA_MageEA_Mage Posts: 1,354 EA Staff (retired)
Happy Simsmas to all Simmers!!!

Don't we all love celebrating Holidays? And with every celebration different customs of decorating come along.

We all get ready for all the holidays in different ways - my winter decorations mainly consist of manymany sparkly lights.

How did you and your Sims decorate?

Your challenge for the day: Share with us some holiday cheer by showing us your decorations.

TS4_HOLIDAY_CELEBRATION_01_001.jpg

Comments

• BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    Happy simsmas Mage :)
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    Merry Christmas :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • LizzychicagoLizzychicago Posts: 872 Member
    HAPPY SIMSMAS EVERYONE!
    Check my builds and Sims out on the Gallery, username Lizzychicago!
  • AmySims09AmySims09 Posts: 1,227 Member
    Merry Christmas!
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    Merry Christmas!
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,383 Member
    edited December 2017
    Fröhliche Weihnachten dear Simmers o:)
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,633 Member
    Merry Christmas!
    Just put my turkey in the oven and looking forward to posting pics of my sims holiday decorations later tonight.
  • 5782341b77vl5782341b77vl Posts: 9,149 Member
    Merry Simsmas, y'all! Have a safe and wonderful holiday with your family and friends.
    ...AND WASH YOUR DING-DANG HANDS!
  • SimLarkSimLark Posts: 143 Member
    Merry Christmas, lots of love and joy to all of you!
    I am not an English native speaker, so excuse my French :)
  • bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,373 Member
    Beautiful decorations MDianaSanders!

Merry Christmas to all simmers!
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • SimplyToriSimplyTori Posts: 1,804 Member
    Merry Christmas to all, hope everyone has a wonderful Christmas o:) Be back to add some pics.
    justlurking.gif
  • marksgirl2006marksgirl2006 Posts: 87 Member
    Merry Christmas to each and every one of you. Have a wonderful day of family,friends,fur babies and food.
  • wensimmiewensimmie Posts: 1,750 Member
    Merry Christmas everyone.
    This is my current family with 3 boys (set of toddler twins and a baby boy). The boys got a toddler slide for Christmas and won't sit still for photos.

12-25-17_2-30-33nbspPM.png
    12-25-17_2-11-04nbspPM.png
    12-25-17_2-28-12nbspPM.png
  • catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    Here is my Day 1 entry:

aBOahrT.png

PpfOsTK.png

0rkoXh3.png

eEZeHPd.png

Rtx04tG.png
  • applefeather2applefeather2 Posts: 4,003 Member

Christmas Brunch

9HkPpV5.png
  • mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    edited December 2017
    Here in Kiwi land we have a summer Christmas, its mostly spent either by the poolside, at a lake or at the beach. I am trying to represent a camping at the lake Christmas, so you would camp near a tree and cover it in Christmas lights on Christmas morning even put the gifts under the "christmastree" You wake up open the presents and swim and fish all day doing family activities. Most campsites allow your pets so they don't have to stay home and can come and enjoy the festivities with the family <3 Merry Christmas for yesterday, could not post then cause well we were swimming in the pool all day LOL.

kd7Ei2B.png

DmmgBW6.png

VJgGvKI.png
  • GruffmanGruffman Posts: 4,831 Member
    I only decorated my sims living room.

uJAxYnv.jpg

ZxzvbX1.jpg
  • ladybreidladybreid Posts: 3,455 Member
    I never play in the city and never play a single sim. I decided to play the sim in my avatar as a single sim and moved her into 2B jasmine which I turned into a studio apartment. Here it is ready for Simsmas:

LCwyAlp.png

zgMFuJB.png

I hope everyone had a great holiday (whatever one you celebrate :) )
    wz3Vdbh.jpg
    Saying "not to be rude", then blatently being rude does not excuse rude behavior.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,360 Member
    edited December 2017
    I don't know if this will post or not due to photobucket issues on the site but I redecorated this whole house inside though I didn't make it.

Update
    Can no longer post pics on here. I was hoping this was fixed.. I"ll post some on twitter and relay back.

Update again works with the photobucket phone app.

12-25-17_2-58-11nbspPM.png
    Post edited by catloverplayer on
  • MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    Granny's seaside farmhouse.

tumblr_p1kd52aX3x1v2n804o2_r1_1280.png
    The guests are starting to arrive.
    There's not enough beds for everyone, so some will have to sleep in the tent outside.
    Move objects is a great cheat to stick a wreath on the door!

tumblr_p1kd52aX3x1v2n804o1_1280.png
    I think the tree is a bit dead, and the candles are a fire hazard.

AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • EA_MageEA_Mage Posts: 1,354 EA Staff (retired)
    edited December 2017
    Happy Holidays to everyone!

I do have to admit I have a weak spot for decorating the house so I love all of these :smile:

Thank you all for sharing!
    Post edited by EA_Mage on
  • chicvibechicvibe Posts: 61 Member
    I love these photos! I haven't played holidays in my game yet (doh!) but I love to see how other folks do it.
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    My poor Sims have so far missed Simsmas seeing we have been busy in real life getting ready to move into our new place - that was ready on Christmas Eve so we ended up spending all Christmas eve and Christmas day moving in. I did of course make sure my game/pc was okay as soon as hubby got it finally set up - but only spent about 10 minutes in game - so no decorations for my simmies or us even. Christmas day we did have Grilled cheese for dinner as it was midnight before we had time to even eat. My Sims should appreciate that anyway.

Weather here in the Northeast was a mess - making moving treacherous - lots of snow Christmas eve and Christmas day - and not good when one is moving. So for once I have been missing this challenge but have followed the forum on hubbies laptop. We did have several incidents besides weather - like my computer desk took a dive down the stairs of our old place thanks to slippery conditions and bowed out entirely. Which of course made a no go of me seeing my game as I run a desktop super computer and had no place to put it. As if that wasn't bad enough our new draperies for the house never arrived nor did the carpetry people due to the weather - so we had no drapes, no carpets, no shower curtain or bath mats - and to add to the mayhem our Ford Explorer blew a transmission seal a half mile from the new place - on Christmas eve at 10 pm.

So when real life gets this challenging - well I think I am sitting out this Simsmas challenge completely.

Hmmm on a small note it gives me a sims idea though - a pack called Moving Mayhem. Let sims experience moving to a new home instead of just teleporting over to the perfect - instant house. Let the sims experience life for a change. Believe me - it could be an experience like Sims have never had.

Anyway Happy New Year Simmers and Sims every where.....

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• SoulGal7SoulGal7 Posts: 3,624 Member
    All ready for simsmas dinner!
    all_ready_for_simsmas_dinner.png