Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Best Pc / Laptop to play the sims 4 with best grahpics?

Comments

• wtvbrookewtvbrooke Posts: 1 New Member
    im new and dont know how to go about this so could this laptop run the sims 4 plus all expansions with mods in high graphics or could i do better im from the uk and could go around the 1000 budget!!! https: //m.johnlewis.com/hp-omen-17-an012na-laptop-intel-core-i5-8gb-ram-1tb-nvidia-geforce-gtx-1050-17-3-inch-shadow-black/p3264199
  • mickeysimbomickeysimbo Posts: 13 New Member
    Coming at you from my new Mwave PC - I'm in love! They were a very professional outfit, recommend to anyone in the Sydney area. Thanks @chesterbigbird for your assistance! Currently downloading TS4 and all my packs... big job.
  • chesterbigbirdchesterbigbird Posts: 8,581 Member
    edited January 2018
    Coming at you from my new Mwave PC - I'm in love! They were a very professional outfit, recommend to anyone in the Sydney area. Thanks @chesterbigbird for your assistance! Currently downloading TS4 and all my packs... big job.
    Your very welcome!
    I knew you wouldn't be disappointed, they are a really good company.. and their help and live chat is really good also.
    Enjoy your new pc :)

i7 6700K
    16GB hyper X fury
    MSI GTX 1080
    MSI gaming M5 mobo
    Evga 750 supernova
    Corsair hydro h110i GT
    Corsair obsidian 750D
    500GB SSD
    6TB Seagate Barracuda Pro
    LG 34" ultra wide

• MeggiePandaPMeggiePandaP Posts: 8 New Member
    Hi there,
    I hope it's not too rude to post on this thread with yet another question about suitable PCs.
    My question is annoyingly vague. Basically, my laptop is struggling with The Sims. I'd like to upgrade to a desktop that will run the base game and all current and future packs smoothly and with decent graphics. I'm so sick of the graphics on my laptop looking like they're just a step up from a 1990's mobile phone game.

However, I don't really have a budget in mind because I'm just setting aside some money every week until I have enough to purchase. For this reason, I'm in no great hurry to purchase. I guess what I'm saying is that I do have the funds to buy one immediately if it was on an amazing offer that I just had to grab, but I'd really prefer to wait a few months to save the money and prevent that painfully huge chunk being taken out of my savings all in one go, you know?

I'm based in Australia. I'm really sorry I can't be more concrete with my request, I guess I'd really just like some guidance on what it is I'm actually saving for and how long I can expect to save for it.
    Oh goodness, I apologise for my cheesy username. I made this account about 9 years ago when my idea of 'imaginative' was simply awful. I am cringing so much right now :s :s
    Hi there,
    I hope it's not too rude to post on this thread with yet another question about suitable PCs.
    My question is annoyingly vague. Basically, my laptop is struggling with The Sims. I'd like to upgrade to a desktop that will run the base game and all current and future packs smoothly and with decent graphics. I'm so sick of the graphics on my laptop looking like they're just a step up from a 1990's mobile phone game.

However, I don't really have a budget in mind because I'm just setting aside some money every week until I have enough to purchase. For this reason, I'm in no great hurry to purchase. I guess what I'm saying is that I do have the funds to buy one immediately if it was on an amazing offer that I just had to grab, but I'd really prefer to wait a few months to save the money and prevent that painfully huge chunk being taken out of my savings all in one go, you know?

I'm based in Australia. I'm really sorry I can't be more concrete with my request, I guess I'd really just like some guidance on what it is I'm actually saving for and how long I can expect to save for it.

Hi :)
    Currently this would be about the cheapest proper gaming laptop that you can purchase:
    https://www.mwave.com.au/product/acer-aspire-vx-15-156-gaming-notebook-i7-8gb-1tb-120gb-ssd-gtx1050-w10-home-ac08469
    Things are not cheap here in Australia so you will be looking at a minimum of the above price tag.
    Where about's in Aus are you?

i7 6700K
    16GB hyper X fury
    MSI GTX 1080
    MSI gaming M5 mobo
    Evga 750 supernova
    Corsair hydro h110i GT
    Corsair obsidian 750D
    500GB SSD
    LG 34" ultra wide

@MeggiePandaP - If you're looking to upgrade to a desktop, the PC I just got from Mwave (based in Sydney) recommended by @chesterbigbird (who is a genius) is a dream so far and the same price as the laptop she just linked you to. It's the Mwave E31a Gaming PC - GTX 1050 Ti Edition (I'd post a link but I can't because I'm too new).

@chesterbigbird - I've started playing and ultra graphics are running smoothly. I was having some issues with jaggies and screen tears but think I've largely fixed them with Nvidia Inspector (again, thanks for your advice to other Simmers previously, which I've trawled!). I have the frame rate limited to 60 - is that what you'd recommend? My monitor is 75hz but I limited to that and was still having issues.
    @MeggiePandaP - If you're looking to upgrade to a desktop, the PC I just got from Mwave (based in Sydney) recommended by @chesterbigbird (who is a genius) is a dream so far and the same price as the laptop she just linked you to. It's the Mwave E31a Gaming PC - GTX 1050 Ti Edition (I'd post a link but I can't because I'm too new).

@chesterbigbird - I've started playing and ultra graphics are running smoothly. I was having some issues with jaggies and screen tears but think I've largely fixed them with Nvidia Inspector (again, thanks for your advice to other Simmers previously, which I've trawled!). I have the frame rate limited to 60 - is that what you'd recommend? My monitor is 75hz but I limited to that and was still having issues.
    Have you got vsync enabled in the Nvidia control panel? I also enable triple buffering. You can alsdo try setting it to adaptive vsync.
    You should cap it to 75 not 60, however keep oin mind it will never stay at 75 because the game does suffer from fps drops especially when zooming out and scrolling.

i7 6700K
    16GB hyper X fury
    MSI GTX 1080
    MSI gaming M5 mobo
    Evga 750 supernova
    Corsair hydro h110i GT
    Corsair obsidian 750D
    500GB SSD
    LG 34" ultra wide

@chesterbigbird - No I don't have Vsync enabled so will try that tonight, although it was running super smooth last night on 60fps so if the best I can get it is how it is at the moment, I'm not worried at all. But yes, the initial problem was definitely worst when scrolling, particularly horizontally...
    > @chesterbigbird said:

>
    >
    >
    >
    > Hi :)
    > Currently this would be about the cheapest proper gaming laptop that you can purchase:
    >
    > Things are not cheap here in Australia so you will be looking at a minimum of the above price tag.
    > Where about's in Aus are you?

Thanks for your response! The laptop looks brilliant. I had a goal of around $1000 but the extra $400 isn't the end of the world, I don't mind waiting a little longer to save the money for it. Things really aren't cheap here in Australia. I live in Brisbane.

@mickeysimbo Thank you for your recommendation. The PC looks amazing! I'd definitely prefer a PC over a laptop. I wouldn't be able to get to their shop in Sydney but ordering it online wouldn't be a problem if there's nothing more local to me.

Is 8gb ram sufficient for the game and all future packs? For some reason, I had it in my head that 8gb is an absolute minimum and that 16gb+ would be preferable. Is there much difference? Thank you :)
  • UniteSimsUniteSims Posts: 142 Member
    Hi! I am looking for a good windows laptop to play the sims.. My bidget is around $1500. Does the quad core razor blade stealth look good or not?
    tell me how good it feels to be needed
    > @chickensicle said:
    > Hi! I am looking for a good windows laptop to play the sims.. My bidget is around $1500. Does the quad core razor blade stealth look good or not?

And, I live in california
    > @chesterbigbird said:

>
    >
    >
    >
    > Hi :)
    > Currently this would be about the cheapest proper gaming laptop that you can purchase:
    >
    > Things are not cheap here in Australia so you will be looking at a minimum of the above price tag.
    > Where about's in Aus are you?

Thanks for your response! The laptop looks brilliant. I had a goal of around $1000 but the extra $400 isn't the end of the world, I don't mind waiting a little longer to save the money for it. Things really aren't cheap here in Australia. I live in Brisbane.

@mickeysimbo Thank you for your recommendation. The PC looks amazing! I'd definitely prefer a PC over a laptop. I wouldn't be able to get to their shop in Sydney but ordering it online wouldn't be a problem if there's nothing more local to me.

Is 8gb ram sufficient for the game and all future packs? For some reason, I had it in my head that 8gb is an absolute minimum and that 16gb+ would be preferable. Is there much difference? Thank you :)

There are a few stores in your general area that i could also recommend, saves on expensive shipping.
    https://www.computeralliance.com.au
    https://www.umart.com.au/index.html
    Desktop is better then laptop for the money you get higher specs.
    Let me know which you want and i'll do a search for you.
    8gb is fine for now.. can always upgrade latter down the road if need be. (not very expensive.)
    i7 6700K
    16GB hyper X fury
    MSI GTX 1080
    MSI gaming M5 mobo
    Evga 750 supernova
    Corsair hydro h110i GT
    Corsair obsidian 750D
    500GB SSD
    LG 34" ultra wide

Hi! I am looking for a good windows laptop to play the sims.. My bidget is around $1500. Does the quad core razor blade stealth look good or not?

Razor are over priced in my opinion, (and they are small.) Your much better off with something like these :
    https://www.amazon.com/Acer-Predator-Helios-GeForce-PH317-51-787B/dp/B073PY18CN/ref=sr_1_12?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1516663610&sr=1-12&keywords=gaming+laptop
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01NAX3BMH/ref=s9_acsd_hps_bw_c_x_12_w

i7 6700K
    16GB hyper X fury
    MSI GTX 1080
    MSI gaming M5 mobo
    Evga 750 supernova
    Corsair hydro h110i GT
    Corsair obsidian 750D
    500GB SSD
    LG 34" ultra wide

> @chesterbigbird said:
    > PoPandaSicle wrote: »
    >
    > Hi! I am looking for a good windows laptop to play the sims.. My bidget is around $1500. Does the quad core razor blade stealth look good or not?
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Razor are over priced in my opinion, (and they are small.) Your much better off with something like these :
    >

Tbh, I would want a slim and portable laptop. These just seem a bit bulky
    > @chesterbigbird said:
    > MeggiePandaP wrote: »
    >
    > > @chesterbigbird said:
    >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > > Hi :)
    > > Currently this would be about the cheapest proper gaming laptop that you can purchase:
    > >
    > > Things are not cheap here in Australia so you will be looking at a minimum of the above price tag.
    > > Where about's in Aus are you?
    >
    > Thanks for your response! The laptop looks brilliant. I had a goal of around $1000 but the extra $400 isn't the end of the world, I don't mind waiting a little longer to save the money for it. Things really aren't cheap here in Australia. I live in Brisbane.
    >
    > @mickeysimbo Thank you for your recommendation. The PC looks amazing! I'd definitely prefer a PC over a laptop. I wouldn't be able to get to their shop in Sydney but ordering it online wouldn't be a problem if there's nothing more local to me.
    >
    > Is 8gb ram sufficient for the game and all future packs? For some reason, I had it in my head that 8gb is an absolute minimum and that 16gb+ would be preferable. Is there much difference? Thank you :)
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > There are a few stores in your general area that i could also recommend, saves on expensive shipping.

> Desktop is better then laptop for the money you get higher specs.
    > Let me know which you want and i'll do a search for you.
    > 8gb is fine for now.. can always upgrade latter down the road if need be. (not very expensive.)

Thank you for your helpful response. I've had a browse through the websites that you suggested. They're both excellent and are possible for me to get to.
    I don't really have much of an idea what I'm looking for but, for example, how do you think this one (from Computer Alliance) would handle the game?
    Alliance Gen7 i5 "Ultimate" Desktop:Using the latest 7th Gen Intel i5 CPU and combined with 16GB of Memory, latest GTX1050 Graphics and super fast M.2 SSD storage, the Alliance Gen7 i5 Ultimate Desktop Computer is ideal for Home and mid level Gaming

Is an i5 processor powerful enough? And is that graphics card any good?
    edited January 2018
    > @chesterbigbird said:
    >
    >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > > Hi :)
    > > Currently this would be about the cheapest proper gaming laptop that you can purchase:
    > >
    > > Things are not cheap here in Australia so you will be looking at a minimum of the above price tag.
    > > Where about's in Aus are you?
    >
    > Thanks for your response! The laptop looks brilliant. I had a goal of around $1000 but the extra $400 isn't the end of the world, I don't mind waiting a little longer to save the money for it. Things really aren't cheap here in Australia. I live in Brisbane.
    >
    > @mickeysimbo Thank you for your recommendation. The PC looks amazing! I'd definitely prefer a PC over a laptop. I wouldn't be able to get to their shop in Sydney but ordering it online wouldn't be a problem if there's nothing more local to me.
    >
    > Is 8gb ram sufficient for the game and all future packs? For some reason, I had it in my head that 8gb is an absolute minimum and that 16gb+ would be preferable. Is there much difference? Thank you :)
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > There are a few stores in your general area that i could also recommend, saves on expensive shipping.

> Desktop is better then laptop for the money you get higher specs.
    > Let me know which you want and i'll do a search for you.
    > 8gb is fine for now.. can always upgrade latter down the road if need be. (not very expensive.)

Thank you for your helpful response. I've had a browse through the websites that you suggested. They're both excellent and are possible for me to get to.
    I don't really have much of an idea what I'm looking for but, for example, how do you think this one (from Computer Alliance) would handle the game?
    Alliance Gen7 i5 "Ultimate" Desktop:Using the latest 7th Gen Intel i5 CPU and combined with 16GB of Memory, latest GTX1050 Graphics and super fast M.2 SSD storage, the Alliance Gen7 i5 Ultimate Desktop Computer is ideal for Home and mid level Gaming

Is an i5 processor powerful enough? And is that graphics card any good?

OK so since that website does allow you to change the configuration, that's what i would do.
    I would most likely choose the Ryzen instead and change a few things :
    https://www.computeralliance.com.au/systems?quoteid=85444
    This is a saved custom link (I customised it with better hardware.).. just too make sure it's the right one.. is the total $1408?
    I would highly recommend that over the NON custom systems. Also if you can do the extra i would include the thermaltake contact silent 12 cpu cooler.. it will give you slightly better cooling then the stock cooler. (pick from the cpu cooling drop down box)
    It will play the game on ultra without too many issues (the game is never perfect on any system LOL)

i7 6700K
    16GB hyper X fury
    MSI GTX 1080
    MSI gaming M5 mobo
    Evga 750 supernova
    Corsair hydro h110i GT
    Corsair obsidian 750D
    500GB SSD
    LG 34" ultra wide

edited January 2018
    > @chesterbigbird said:
    > PoPandaSicle wrote: »
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Razor are over priced in my opinion, (and they are small.) Your much better off with something like these :
    >

Tbh, I would want a slim and portable laptop. These just seem a bit bulky

Have you got a link to the Razor you were looking at?
    Also remember no laptop will let you play the game without being plugged into power for a long period of time, the battery drains very quickly when gaming.
    i7 6700K
    16GB hyper X fury
    MSI GTX 1080
    MSI gaming M5 mobo
    Evga 750 supernova
    Corsair hydro h110i GT
    Corsair obsidian 750D
    500GB SSD
    LG 34" ultra wide

AngelEb95 wrote: »

The First one is NO because it only has a ssd and no additional storage.. you will run out of space.
    The Lenovo and HP avoid completely.
    The Dell will play the game, I'm not really a fan of Dell laptops.
    You will have better cooling and most likely better performance with this :
    https://www.amazon.com/Acer-Flagship-Performance-i5-7300HQ-Quad-Core/dp/B0788JTZFM/ref=sr_1_9?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1516749627&sr=1-9&keywords=gaming+laptops&refinements=p_36:50000-80000

i7 6700K
    16GB hyper X fury
    MSI GTX 1080
    MSI gaming M5 mobo
    Evga 750 supernova
    Corsair hydro h110i GT
    Corsair obsidian 750D
    500GB SSD
    LG 34" ultra wide

• AngelEb95AngelEb95 Posts: 1,538 Member
    @chesterbigbird thank you!
    attack-on-titan-attack-on-titan-s4.gif
    AngelEb95 wrote: »
    @chesterbigbird thank you!

No problem :)
    i7 6700K
    16GB hyper X fury
    MSI GTX 1080
    MSI gaming M5 mobo
    Evga 750 supernova
    Corsair hydro h110i GT
    Corsair obsidian 750D
    500GB SSD
    LG 34" ultra wide

> @chesterbigbird said:
    >
    > > MeggiePandaP wrote: »
    > >
    > > > @chesterbigbird said:
    > >
    > > >
    > > >
    > > >
    > > >
    > > > Hi :)
    > > > Currently this would be about the cheapest proper gaming laptop that you can purchase:
    > > >
    > > > Things are not cheap here in Australia so you will be looking at a minimum of the above price tag.
    > > > Where about's in Aus are you?
    > >
    > > Thanks for your response! The laptop looks brilliant. I had a goal of around $1000 but the extra $400 isn't the end of the world, I don't mind waiting a little longer to save the money for it. Things really aren't cheap here in Australia. I live in Brisbane.
    > >
    > > @mickeysimbo Thank you for your recommendation. The PC looks amazing! I'd definitely prefer a PC over a laptop. I wouldn't be able to get to their shop in Sydney but ordering it online wouldn't be a problem if there's nothing more local to me.
    > >
    > > Is 8gb ram sufficient for the game and all future packs? For some reason, I had it in my head that 8gb is an absolute minimum and that 16gb+ would be preferable. Is there much difference? Thank you :)
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > > There are a few stores in your general area that i could also recommend, saves on expensive shipping.
    >
    > > Desktop is better then laptop for the money you get higher specs.
    > > Let me know which you want and i'll do a search for you.
    > > 8gb is fine for now.. can always upgrade latter down the road if need be. (not very expensive.)
    >
    > Thank you for your helpful response. I've had a browse through the websites that you suggested. They're both excellent and are possible for me to get to.
    > I don't really have much of an idea what I'm looking for but, for example, how do you think this one (from Computer Alliance) would handle the game?
    > Alliance Gen7 i5 "Ultimate" Desktop:Using the latest 7th Gen Intel i5 CPU and combined with 16GB of Memory, latest GTX1050 Graphics and super fast M.2 SSD storage, the Alliance Gen7 i5 Ultimate Desktop Computer is ideal for Home and mid level Gaming
    >
    > Is an i5 processor powerful enough? And is that graphics card any good?
    > Thanks :)
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > OK so since that website does allow you to change the configuration, that's what i would do.
    > I would most likely choose the Ryzen instead and change a few things :
    >
    > This is a saved custom link (I customised it with better hardware.).. just too make sure it's the right one.. is the total $1408?
    > I would highly recommend that over the NON custom systems. Also if you can do the extra i would include the thermaltake contact silent 12 cpu cooler.. it will give you slightly better cooling then the stock cooler. (pick from the cpu cooling drop down box)
    > It will play the game on ultra without too many issues (the game is never perfect on any system LOL)

This looks amazing, thank you so much for all your help! So you'd recommend the Ryzen processor over the i5? I'll pay the extra $45 for the better cooler as you suggest.....my old desktop was such a nightmare with overheating and I'd hate a repeat of that.
    I've bookmarked and made a note of your recommendations and really hope to purchase in the next month or two. Thanks again
    > @chesterbigbird said:
    >
    > > MeggiePandaP wrote: »
    > >
    > > > @chesterbigbird said:
    > >
    > > >
    > > >
    > > >
    > > >
    > > > Hi :)
    > > > Currently this would be about the cheapest proper gaming laptop that you can purchase:
    > > >
    > > > Things are not cheap here in Australia so you will be looking at a minimum of the above price tag.
    > > > Where about's in Aus are you?
    > >
    > > Thanks for your response! The laptop looks brilliant. I had a goal of around $1000 but the extra $400 isn't the end of the world, I don't mind waiting a little longer to save the money for it. Things really aren't cheap here in Australia. I live in Brisbane.
    > >
    > > @mickeysimbo Thank you for your recommendation. The PC looks amazing! I'd definitely prefer a PC over a laptop. I wouldn't be able to get to their shop in Sydney but ordering it online wouldn't be a problem if there's nothing more local to me.
    > >
    > > Is 8gb ram sufficient for the game and all future packs? For some reason, I had it in my head that 8gb is an absolute minimum and that 16gb+ would be preferable. Is there much difference? Thank you :)
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > > There are a few stores in your general area that i could also recommend, saves on expensive shipping.
    >
    > > Desktop is better then laptop for the money you get higher specs.
    > > Let me know which you want and i'll do a search for you.
    > > 8gb is fine for now.. can always upgrade latter down the road if need be. (not very expensive.)
    >
    > Thank you for your helpful response. I've had a browse through the websites that you suggested. They're both excellent and are possible for me to get to.
    > I don't really have much of an idea what I'm looking for but, for example, how do you think this one (from Computer Alliance) would handle the game?
    > Alliance Gen7 i5 "Ultimate" Desktop:Using the latest 7th Gen Intel i5 CPU and combined with 16GB of Memory, latest GTX1050 Graphics and super fast M.2 SSD storage, the Alliance Gen7 i5 Ultimate Desktop Computer is ideal for Home and mid level Gaming
    >
    > Is an i5 processor powerful enough? And is that graphics card any good?
    > Thanks :)
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > OK so since that website does allow you to change the configuration, that's what i would do.
    > I would most likely choose the Ryzen instead and change a few things :
    >
    > This is a saved custom link (I customised it with better hardware.).. just too make sure it's the right one.. is the total $1408?
    > I would highly recommend that over the NON custom systems. Also if you can do the extra i would include the thermaltake contact silent 12 cpu cooler.. it will give you slightly better cooling then the stock cooler. (pick from the cpu cooling drop down box)
    > It will play the game on ultra without too many issues (the game is never perfect on any system LOL)

This looks amazing, thank you so much for all your help! So you'd recommend the Ryzen processor over the i5? I'll pay the extra $45 for the better cooler as you suggest.....my old desktop was such a nightmare with overheating and I'd hate a repeat of that.
    I've bookmarked and made a note of your recommendations and really hope to purchase in the next month or two. Thanks again
    Your Welcome.
    Yes i would Recommend the Ryzen over last generations intel.. it will give you a little extra performance not just in games but in overall operation.
    A week or two before you want to buy PM me and I'll go through the hardware again to make sure nothing has changed.. prices and stock levels change all the time :)

i7 6700K
    16GB hyper X fury
    MSI GTX 1080
    MSI gaming M5 mobo
    Evga 750 supernova
    Corsair hydro h110i GT
    Corsair obsidian 750D
    500GB SSD
    LG 34" ultra wide

• wendellhillwendellhill Posts: 5 New Member
    There are many gaming laptops available under your budget check here lifewire, ReviewsDir, PCmag, Amazon