Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Best Pc / Laptop to play the sims 4 with best grahpics?

Comments

• Bluebeard45Bluebeard45 Posts: 3,889 Member
    Boils down to budget. We just drop $2,500 for a Maingear and the thing will run anything.
  • RosiaMia_RosiaMia_ Posts: 1,377 Member
    Stormforce Glacier i7 16GB 1TB GTX1070 Gaming Desktop PC

Turbocharge your gaming experience with this incredible StormForce Glacier Gaming PC. The latest Intel Kaby Lake Core i7-7700 Quad Core Processor and the performance of the NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 graphics card makes you ready for the latest gaming titles. All this and the ASUS Prime H270-Pro Motherboard means you're ready for gaming domination.

Own your gaming experience with the incredible power and performance of an Intel Core i7-7700, NVIDIA GTX 1070 graphics card, 1TB HDD and 128GB SSD.

CPU and Memory:

Intel Core i7 quad core.
    I7-7700.
    Processor speed 3.6GHz.
    16GB RAM.

Hard drive:

1TB and 128GB HDD and SSD storage.

DVD optical drives:

Dual layer.

Graphics:

Dedicated graphics.
    NVIDIA GTX 10 series GTX 1070 with 8GB memory.

Interfaces and connectivity:

2 x USB 2.0 ports.
    4 x USB 3.0 ports.
    Ethernet port.
    1 HDMI port.
    Wireless/Wi-Fi enabled.

Operating system and software:

Microsoft Windows 10.

General features:
    Size H530, W195, D529cm.
    Weight 13kg.
    Power saving facility.
    Manufacturer's 3 year guarantee.
    EAN: 5055396023619.

The link - http://www.argos.co.uk/product/6992349
  • LivinityLivinity Posts: 455 Member
    Yes, it would! Everything is great, the processor is good, GPU aswell, there's more than enough memory. It even comes with a SSD, you can launch the game directly there, it should run smooth as butter. 13kgs though, why so heavy haha
    Thank you @livinity

So if i got this would it run all the The Sims 4 packs and still be really smooth etc? I dont want to get it and it run slow when all the Sims 4 games are added
    RosiaMia_ wrote: »
    Thank you @livinity

So if i got this would it run all the The Sims 4 packs and still be really smooth etc? I dont want to get it and it run slow when all the Sims 4 games are added

You're welcome! For sure, it would run great with all packs, the PC is great
    Will it run with more EP wnd stuff packs adding in the future aswell? @Livinity
  • FirandeFirande Posts: 816 Member
    To compare: I have a laptop which gaming performance is generally not as good as that of a desktop, with an i5-7300 HQ processor (so not as good as your 7700 HQ one), 8 GB RAM currently (though upgradable), and an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 graphics card. It runs the game with its packs smooth as butter, also with mods installed and with huge, huge save files. So rest assured: you'll be fine! That thing sounds hella overpowered, actually lol. Almost feels like a waste to me to get that one solely for Sims 4, but if you've got the money, I'd definitely go with it! :love:
    Origin ID: Fierande | Simlit | Tumblr

fgQIHTb.png
    Thank u :):)
    Is the grahpics card good? I wanr to play it on uktra settings.

Also storage is that plent?

And finally lol sorry for the questions...
    will wimdows 10 work for the sims 4?
  • phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    edited January 2018
    Better to stick to one thread and not keep starting new ones.

128 gb SSD can not be gamed on. It is too small. Windows 10 takes allot to run. You will have to install the game on your second 1tb hard drive.

@EA_Lanna , @EA_Leeloo or @EA_Mage can one of you merge this thread with the one OP already started in Tech. Thanks

128 gb SSD can not be gamed on. It is too small. Windows 10 takes allot to run. You will have to install the game on your second 1tb hard drive.

Will this be a problem and is it easy to do?
    Windows 10 works fine for TS4. Storage is plenty. You might be better off putting TS4 on the 1000 GB HDD drive rather than the SSD one, though. I have it on the SSD drive because it's slightly faster, but it will tank your storage and it works fine on HDD drives too. Graphics card is good, definitely. I play on ultra settings (they were on ultra by default) with an NVIDEA GeForce GTX 1060 - 1060 is already easily enough for TS4 graphics. Handles with utters ease. Zero lag. Literally zero. And this is on a laptop.

fgQIHTb.png
  • phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member

No it's easy to install the game on the second hard drive. @rosemow can give you instructions on how to install the game to the second hard drive

128gb ssd if just for bootting windows quicker and it will get used up quickly . if you want to game on an ssd with windows installed i suggest getting 500 gb. I have 250 gb ssd and it gets used up quickly
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,519 Member

No it's easy to install the game on the second hard drive. @rosemow can give you instructions on how to install the game to the second hard drive

128gb ssd if just for bootting windows quicker and it will get used up quickly . if you want to game on an ssd with windows installed i suggest getting 500 gb. I have 250 gb ssd and it gets used up quickly

Hello
    To change where the sims 4 game is installed , go to Application settings, and the setting will be under "Installs and Saves "
    TNh2gPN.jpg
    You can make a folder on the 2nd hard drive, and choose that folder as the location to install your sims 4 game to.
    It would also be good to move your Documents folder to the second hard drive also.
    This explains how to move your documents folder.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYfNmGnbxNw
    Thanks guys ❤️

Im 99% going to get this pc
    I thought 128gb SSD would be plenty, my bad! For this game, SSDs are good to shorten loading times, but this processor is great, you should have short loading already just running the game in the hard drive, also no lag. And the graphic cards is more than enough to play on ultra. It will run the future packs really well too.
    So this is for any people who are on a tight budget but still want a decent Simming experience: I just wanted to add something for any other people reading this thread looking for the right specs: the game is processor-heavy, as has already been stated by another user in this thread. I have a laptop with an Intel core i5-7300HQ and while it runs the game perfectly, I did experience some UI lag with huge save files and mods in. Note that this was only UI lag, where it would take a bit longer for the Sim's picture in the bottom left to update, for example. It didn't affect gameplay at all and I consider this no issue, but if you want a perfect gaming experience, I guess this is something to take into consideration. I'd still recommend this processor to anyone who really can only afford a budget gaming PC, though. I have the NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 graphics card (again, note that this is a laptop, so it may be different for desktops) and it runs the game perfectly on ultra settings without any lag at all. So if you're only interested in this game, the 1060 card is good enough. From the research I've done, I gathered that the 1050 card, however, is not - not if you want to play on ultra settings, that is. I'm not sure about the 1050Ti, but I'd recommend that if you can, definitely go for the 1060 one as I've heard there is quite a big difference in performance between that one and its previous generation.

I'd still recommend an amazing graphics card over an amazing processor if we're talking about lower higher-end graphics cards. If you want to play on ultra, you're imo better off with a 1060 graphics card and an Intel i5 quad core processor than an Intel i7 quad core processor and an 1050 graphics card. However, I do want to stress that while the i5-7300HQ works perfectly for me, you might experience mild UI lag with this processor. It'll handle heavy games like GTA V with ease but for some reason, it seems to have more trouble with The Sims 4 (this might also be related to me having a huge save file and mods in, though). So if you want a completely,100% lag-free Simming experience, better go with an i7 quad core processor.

About memory, it already has been stated on here, but I just wanted to add that my laptop has 8 GB RAM currently and it works perfectly, but I did make sure I bought a laptop that has upgradable RAM just in case. :)

Also, I actually have the game installed on my 156 GB SSD drive at the moment. So it's not impossible. But I don't have all packs and not that many mods, so that weighs in heavily. If you have all packs, definitely don't install on that drive. Also if you have or want lots of mods... actually, you're probably better off putting it on the HDD drive anyway. I accidentally put it on the SSD and am too lazy to uninstall and place it on the HDD drive lol. I do make sure my storage doesn't get too full, as it's bad for the SSD drive.

This is all from my own experience - I am not an expert on computers and computer specs or anything, hehe. But I personally consider others' experiences valuable because specs don't always say much to me, and also because things can really differ for different games. As I said my processor has more difficulty with TS4 than it has with GTA V, which is something I never would've guessed. I sometimes see users recommend insanely high specs and from my experience, that just isn't always realistic for people. In my country, computers are considerably more expensive than they are in the USA and I never would've been able to buy such an expensive computer - as I, with my Dutch greed lol, consider it a waste to spend so much when you're only really interested in playing this one game. Unless you literally play the game everyday, that is. I might have spent more money on it had that been the case. But as it is, I personally couldn't have wished for a better laptop even though it's a budget one.

fgQIHTb.png
  • chesterbigbirdchesterbigbird Posts: 8,581 Member
    edited January 2018
    Firande wrote: »
    So this is for any people who are on a tight budget but still want a decent Simming experience: I just wanted to add something for any other people reading this thread looking for the right specs: the game is processor-heavy, as has already been stated by another user in this thread. I have a laptop with an Intel core i5-7300HQ and while it runs the game perfectly, I did experience some UI lag with huge save files and mods in. Note that this was only UI lag, where it would take a bit longer for the Sim's picture in the bottom left to update, for example. It didn't affect gameplay at all and I consider this no issue, but if you want a perfect gaming experience, I guess this is something to take into consideration. I'd still recommend this processor to anyone who really can only afford a budget gaming PC, though. I have the NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 graphics card (again, note that this is a laptop, so it may be different for desktops) and it runs the game perfectly on ultra settings without any lag at all. So if you're only interested in this game, the 1060 card is good enough. From the research I've done, I gathered that the 1050 card, however, is not - not if you want to play on ultra settings, that is. I'm not sure about the 1050Ti, but I'd recommend that if you can, definitely go for the 1060 one as I've heard there is quite a big difference in performance between that one and its previous generation.

I'd still recommend an amazing graphics card over an amazing processor if we're talking about lower higher-end graphics cards. If you want to play on ultra, you're imo better off with a 1060 graphics card and an Intel i5 quad core processor than an Intel i7 quad core processor and an 1050 graphics card. However, I do want to stress that while the i5-7300HQ works perfectly for me, you might experience mild UI lag with this processor. It'll handle heavy games like GTA V with ease but for some reason, it seems to have more trouble with The Sims 4 (this might also be related to me having a huge save file and mods in, though). So if you want a completely,100% lag-free Simming experience, better go with an i7 quad core processor.

About memory, it already has been stated on here, but I just wanted to add that my laptop has 8 GB RAM currently and it works perfectly, but I did make sure I bought a laptop that has upgradable RAM just in case. :)

Also, I actually have the game installed on my 156 GB SSD drive at the moment. So it's not impossible. But I don't have all packs and not that many mods, so that weighs in heavily. If you have all packs, definitely don't install on that drive. Also if you have or want lots of mods... actually, you're probably better off putting it on the HDD drive anyway. I accidentally put it on the SSD and am too lazy to uninstall and place it on the HDD drive lol. I do make sure my storage doesn't get too full, as it's bad for the SSD drive.

This is all from my own experience - I am not an expert on computers and computer specs or anything, hehe. But I personally consider others' experiences valuable because specs don't always say much to me, and also because things can really differ for different games. As I said my processor has more difficulty with TS4 than it has with GTA V, which is something I never would've guessed. I sometimes see users recommend insanely high specs and from my experience, that just isn't always realistic for people. In my country, computers are considerably more expensive than they are in the USA and I never would've been able to buy such an expensive computer - as I, with my Dutch greed lol, consider it a waste to spend so much when you're only really interested in playing this one game. Unless you literally play the game everyday, that is. I might have spent more money on it had that been the case. But as it is, I personally couldn't have wished for a better laptop even though it's a budget one.

The GTX 1050 should be fine with the game, as long as you are not playing in a higher resolution (1440p or 4K) But higher resolutions are not recommended for this game as it shrinks the UI and becomes unplayable for allot of people.
    The i5 7300 is fine also, but like you said the i7 is better.
    Lets face it, nobody is ever going to have the perfect playing ts4 without fps drops or lag. Simply because the game is not balanced at all and needs some work as it creates more clutter with packs and expansions. more that's added the worse it gets.
    And your absolutely right.. no need for a super computer, nobody needs more then a GTX 1060/8GB or 16GB of ram and a quad core i5/i7

i7 6700K
    16GB hyper X fury
    MSI GTX 1080
    MSI gaming M5 mobo
    Evga 750 supernova
    Corsair hydro h110i GT
    Corsair obsidian 750D
    500GB SSD
    6TB Seagate Barracuda Pro
    LG 34" ultra wide

• DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,472 Member
    edited January 2018
    I agree with Chester. I think the 1050 should be okay for The Sims 4. I currently have a 960m which is much less powerful than the 1050, and my game is 'fine'. I get fps issues and I bet people with a 1070 would get the fps issue too cuz the game is broken. LOL.
    My Top Song of the Day: Fancy Footwork by Chromeo
    FwDXXd5.gif
  • DesmondKevanDesmondKevan Posts: 33 Member
    Anybody know any good all in one desktop for gaming less $1000?
  • SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,823 Member
    Anybody know any good all in one desktop for gaming less $1000?
    All in ones are not made for gaming. They are intended for light computing tasks like browsing the web and streaming videos. Often weaker than laptops. The compact form has almost no cooling and the hardware included again is not suited for gaming. If you don't have space for a tower then you need to look into gaming laptops. What country are you in and do you play any other games?

i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • mickeysimbomickeysimbo Posts: 13 New Member
    Either I'm blind or Simmers new to the forums can't start their own posts... thought I would ask my question in this thread as it's on the same topic.

I'm doing some research into desktop options (currently play on my 2017 MacBook Pro) and would be interested in some thoughts on the performance difference I'm likely to get on the two options below. I'd like to be able to run everything on ultra, record while playing, etc. Currently have no other gaming interests... but may get back in to some (Skyrim, GTA) once I upgrade to desktop.

Option 1
    Predator G3-710 3GB-1060 Gaming Desktop
    16 GB RAM
    i7 7700
    GTX 1060

Option 2
    Acer Aspire TC-780 i5 Desktop
    8 GB RAM
    i5 7400
    GeForce GT 720

The price difference between the two is around AUD 600 (which is around USD 475) and want to know whether it's worth the extra investment. Other than the specs I've listed, is there anything else I should be looking out for, or any particular monitor specs I should be aware of?

Thanks in advance guys.
    edited January 2018
    Either I'm blind or Simmers new to the forums can't start their own posts... thought I would ask my question in this thread as it's on the same topic.

I'm doing some research into desktop options (currently play on my 2017 MacBook Pro) and would be interested in some thoughts on the performance difference I'm likely to get on the two options below. I'd like to be able to run everything on ultra, record while playing, etc. Currently have no other gaming interests... but may get back in to some (Skyrim, GTA) once I upgrade to desktop.

Option 1
    Predator G3-710 3GB-1060 Gaming Desktop
    16 GB RAM
    i7 7700
    GTX 1060

Option 2
    Acer Aspire TC-780 i5 Desktop
    8 GB RAM
    i5 7400
    GeForce GT 720

The price difference between the two is around AUD 600 (which is around USD 475) and want to know whether it's worth the extra investment. Other than the specs I've listed, is there anything else I should be looking out for, or any particular monitor specs I should be aware of?

Thanks in advance guys.

Hi :)
    I'm In Australia and i can help you look if you like?
    What budget do you have? If you are seriously wanting to get value for money and something that will last you then you need to be looking online and not retail, retail stores like Harvey Norman/JbHiFi sell crap... LOL it's true.
    Where about's in AUS are you?
    Your second link will not play the game well at all, The first will but you may be able to get better, you would want to be looking at something custom (or gaming pc store built) Rather then Acer/HP.
    i7 6700K
    16GB hyper X fury
    MSI GTX 1080
    MSI gaming M5 mobo
    Evga 750 supernova
    Corsair hydro h110i GT
    Corsair obsidian 750D
    500GB SSD
    LG 34" ultra wide

• mickeysimbomickeysimbo Posts: 13 New Member
    Thanks @chesterbigbird! Appreciate the assistance. I'm based in Sydney. I'd be happy to spend something in the vicinity of $1,500, give or take (plus monitor). If I can get better value for money online that would be great - only big benefit of retail is being able to pay it off interest free. Could just stick it out on the laptop and save some more pennies though, so not a deal breaker!
    Thanks @chesterbigbird! Appreciate the assistance. I'm based in Sydney. I'd be happy to spend something in the vicinity of $1,500, give or take (plus monitor). If I can get better value for money online that would be great - only big benefit of retail is being able to pay it off interest free. Could just stick it out on the laptop and save some more pennies though, so not a deal breaker!
    I'm in Sydney also (South West.) And i would highly suggest looking at Mwave(i got my $3,000 pc from there.. plus many other things.)
    They are based in Lidcombe, They did a fantastic job with my pc.
    This would be good :
    https://www.mwave.com.au/product/mwave-e31a-gaming-pc-gtx-1050-ti-edition-ac10942#detailTabs=tabOverview
    You will get all Quality parts (you do not get that with Acer) that can be easily upgraded in the future, If your not buying now then maybe post back just before you buy as they build different desktops all the time.

i7 6700K
    16GB hyper X fury
    MSI GTX 1080
    MSI gaming M5 mobo
    Evga 750 supernova
    Corsair hydro h110i GT
    Corsair obsidian 750D
    500GB SSD
    LG 34" ultra wide