Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Best Pc / Laptop to play the sims 4 with best grahpics?

Comments

• phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    edited June 2018
    Egh033 wrote: »
    CPU Intel Core i5 (3rd Gen) 3470 / 3.2 GHz
    Max Turbo Speed 3.6 GHz
    Number of Cores Quad-Core
    MEMORY Max Supported Size 16 GB
    HARD DRIVE Interface Type SATA 6Gb/s
    Spindle Speed 7200 rpm
    Type HDD
    Interface Class Serial ATA
    Installed Qty 1
    Capacity 500 GB

Processor
    Type Core i5
    Processor Number i5-3470
    Generation 3
    Manufacturer Intel
    Clock Speed 3.2 GHz
    Does this pc have a model number? Also your probably better off with that cyberpower dedktop. You will never be able to upgrade the cpu on the one above without upgrading the motherboard also. (They don't sell 3rd gen Intel anymore) also the case needs space and ventilation for upgrades.

agree with chester. that is an old CPU

It has the CPU that you suggested.

There are many, many different i5's, and that's an old one. Unfortunately, you're going to be very challenged in your price range to find a computer for this game. In the end, at $300-400, you'll end up with a computer that won't last as long, will no longer be upgradable with more recent parts, and will cost you more overall because you'll have to replace it sooner. If you can hold off till you have more $$, you'll be able to spend less in the long run. I know it's frustrating, but this just isn't an inexpensive game. Have you considered the console version instead? You can get a new console for that price, and if you already have a TV, you're set.

I won’t play console because I don’t have a console to play it on. I prefer on a laptop or desktop. I’ve been playing sims for years on my laptop that apparently “barely meets the system requirements”. And it’s been fine. Again I have all the expansions and over 200+ cc. It gets a little hot after hours of playing but I have a cooling pad.

Again I’m not looking for a desktop that’s going to have me playing on ULTRA settings.

I’m looking to buy an affordable one that will play it at medium the most. Seasons is coming out soon and I want to be able to play it. Everyone has got me worried about my laptop now that it’s not good enough and that I might not be able to run seasons.

I’ve already preordered seasons with some of my money.

This is all just really frustrating because I want to be able to play my game. It’s summer and it’s all I’ve been looking forward to. Point blank I don’t have money for a gaming desktop. But I’m really determined to find something that’ll run my game.

The game requires certain gaming hardware. Seasons has always been one of the most powerful ep's in the game. I suspect this new seasons will do the same

Okay. I know. Again I’m looking for something that’ll run my game but isn’t too expensive. It’s just frustrating. Like really frustrating. I wish I had the money to get the ones y’all are saying I need. But I don’t. TS4 is the only game I play. I’m not into anything else.

I understand, but the game has requirements. There are plenty of people that only play the sims but also know it requires a gaming computer. They will spend the money to meet requirements. Gaming can be an expensive hobby . There is no point in buying the game if you don't have a computer that cn run it

If your worried you can't run seasons, you can cancel a preorder. EA won't issue a refund once the Ep is out

Edit add: Why are you posting computers you claim you can't afford and have no intention on buying That is just wasting our time
  • Egh033Egh033 Posts: 27 New Member
    [quote="phoebebebe13;c-16533950"][quote="Egh033;c-16533930"][quote="phoebebebe13;c-16533923"][quote="Egh033;c-16533920"][quote="luthienrising;c-16533898"][quote="Egh033;c-16533894"][quote="phoebebebe13;c-16533888"][quote="chesterbigbird;c-16533868"][quote="Egh033;c-16533763"]CPU Intel Core i5 (3rd Gen) 3470 / 3.2 GHz
    Max Turbo Speed 3.6 GHz
    Spindle Speed 7200 rpm
    Type HDD
    Installed Qty 1
    Capacity 500 GB

Processor
    Type Core i5
    Processor Number i5-3470
    Generation 3
    Manufacturer Intel
    Clock Speed 3.2 GHz[/quote]
    Does this pc have a model number? Also your probably better off with that cyberpower dedktop. You will never be able to upgrade the cpu on the one above without upgrading the motherboard also. (They don't sell 3rd gen Intel anymore) also the case needs space and ventilation for upgrades.

[/quote]

agree with chester. that is an old CPU [/quote]

It has the CPU that you suggested. [/quote]

There are many, many different i5's, and that's an old one. Unfortunately, you're going to be [i]very[/i] challenged in your price range to find a computer for this game. In the end, at $300-400, you'll end up with a computer that won't last as long, will no longer be upgradable with more recent parts, and will cost you [i]more[/i] overall because you'll have to replace it sooner. If you can hold off till you have more $$, you'll be able to spend less in the long run. I know it's frustrating, but this just isn't an inexpensive game. Have you considered the console version instead? You can get a new console for that price, and if you already have a TV, you're set. [/quote]

I won’t play console because I don’t have a console to play it on. I prefer on a laptop or desktop. I’ve been playing sims for years on my laptop that apparently “barely meets the system requirements”. And it’s been fine. Again I have all the expansions and over 200+ cc. It gets a little hot after hours of playing but I have a cooling pad.

Again I’m not looking for a desktop that’s going to have me playing on ULTRA settings.

I’m looking to buy an affordable one that will play it at medium the most. Seasons is coming out soon and I want to be able to play it. Everyone has got me worried about my laptop now that it’s not good enough and that I might not be able to run seasons.

This is all just really frustrating because I want to be able to play my game. It’s summer and it’s all I’ve been looking forward to. Point blank I don’t have money for a gaming desktop. But I’m really determined to find something that’ll run my game.[/quote]

The game requires certain gaming hardware. Seasons has always been one of the most powerful ep's in the game. I suspect this new seasons will do the same [/quote]

Okay. I know. Again I’m looking for something that’ll run my game but isn’t too expensive. It’s just frustrating. Like really frustrating. I wish I had the money to get the ones y’all are saying I need. But I don’t. TS4 is the only game I play. I’m not into anything else.[/quote]

I understand, but the game has requirements. There are plenty of people that only play the sims but also know it requires a gaming computer. They will spend the money to meet requirements. Gaming can be an expensive hobby . There is no point in buying the game if you don't have a computer that cn run it

If your worried you can't run seasons, you can cancel a preorder. EA won't issue a refund once the Ep is out [/quote]

I’ve literally spent so much money on the sims...

Yeah they’ll spend the money to meet the requirements but im sorry that I don’t have $700 to spend on a gaming pc. And I bought the game years ago and have been playing it on a laptop just fine.

I’m done with this. It’s so frustrating and I’ll just figure it out later. I don’t have anyone that’ll help me come up with the extra money. So my budget is low with only $300-400.
    edited June 2018
    CPU Intel Core i5 (3rd Gen) 3470 / 3.2 GHz
    Max Turbo Speed 3.6 GHz
    Spindle Speed 7200 rpm
    Type HDD
    Installed Qty 1
    Capacity 500 GB

Processor
    Type Core i5
    Processor Number i5-3470
    Generation 3
    Manufacturer Intel
    Clock Speed 3.2 GHz

agree with chester. that is an old CPU

It has the CPU that you suggested.

There are many, many different i5's, and that's an old one. Unfortunately, you're going to be very challenged in your price range to find a computer for this game. In the end, at $300-400, you'll end up with a computer that won't last as long, will no longer be upgradable with more recent parts, and will cost you more overall because you'll have to replace it sooner. If you can hold off till you have more $$, you'll be able to spend less in the long run. I know it's frustrating, but this just isn't an inexpensive game. Have you considered the console version instead? You can get a new console for that price, and if you already have a TV, you're set.

This is all just really frustrating because I want to be able to play my game. It’s summer and it’s all I’ve been looking forward to. Point blank I don’t have money for a gaming desktop. But I’m really determined to find something that’ll run my game.

The game requires certain gaming hardware. Seasons has always been one of the most powerful ep's in the game. I suspect this new seasons will do the same

Okay. I know. Again I’m looking for something that’ll run my game but isn’t too expensive. It’s just frustrating. Like really frustrating. I wish I had the money to get the ones y’all are saying I need. But I don’t. TS4 is the only game I play. I’m not into anything else.

If your worried you can't run seasons, you can cancel a preorder. EA won't issue a refund once the Ep is out

I’ve literally spent so much money on the sims...

Yeah they’ll spend the money to meet the requirements but im sorry that I don’t have $700 to spend on a gaming pc. And I bought the game years ago and have been playing it on a laptop just fine.

I’m done with this. It’s so frustrating and I’ll just figure it out later. I don’t have anyone that’ll help me come up with the extra money. So my budget is low with only $300-400.

You need a budget of $600-700 and up to meet requirements. You may get lucky on a sale and find something for $500-600 but 300-400 no. Save up your money to buy a computer that meets requirements

Just having windows installed in a computer ups the price $100. Than you have to figure in how much all the hardware costs.
    @Egh033 Sorry for the confusion I thought you were the same person that posted all those computers at best buy. When many people post at the same time it can get confusing. You will need to save up for a computer.
  • MYvonneMYvonne Posts: 23 Member
    Hello! I am also looking for a gaming laptop. Sims 4 is the only game that I play. Hope someone can help me take a look at the two potential choices that I found.

The first one (cheaper, currently on sale):
    https ://ww w.fortress.com.hk/en/product/nitro-5-an515-51-79h0-notebook/p/BP_11663192

The second one (my budget):
    https ://ww w.fortress.com.hk/en/product/nitro-5-an515-52-77td-notebook/p/BP_11742069

I found them from the website of my region's main retailer. If you have time, hope you can also take a look at it, whether there are better alternatives >_< There are filter options in terms of brand, processors, etc.
    https ://ww w.fortress.com.hk/en/shop/computing/laptops/c/37?q=%3Anew%3AsupplierFormCategory%3ANotebook%3Aattribute1%3AGaming+PC&sort=price-asc

Regarding the two choices, are there any major differences between them that will affect the gaming experience? I hope I can buy a laptop that can last long and will allow me to play the game on ultra. Thanks!!
  • ArtsyBananaArtsyBanana Posts: 339 Member
    @phoebebebe13 I would just like to thank you on your insight to the laptop I was scouting for ts4 Sims 4 a few months back. I finally bought it and the Sims 4 runs amazing on it. <3
    See what's up in my gallery: Origin ID: ArtsyBanana
    I have finally finished my Legacy Challenge , these are the Levis (numbered by Generation!)
    https://imgur.com/L3Q6aQZ

• JeanJean Posts: 1,243 Member
    I have a pc with an i5 7600K 3.8ghz processor, 4GB Geforce 1050 Ti and 16GB ram, and Sims 4 works like a charm.
    So any -decently new- i5, a 1050 card or equivalent, and 8GB or more will do the trick I suppose...
  • soko37soko37 Posts: 593 Member
    edited June 2018
    So_Money wrote: »
    If you want the best PC, you go for the best internals, not an off-the-shelf or brand name. You'll save a lot of money this way.

This thread will be moved to the tech subforums, I'm sure, and they'll help you out with specifics in there.

Generally speaking you want to start with:

16-32 GB of RAM
    i7 8700K
    GTX 1080ti

(Edit: These specs are probably excessive for your needs since it's become clearer that you just want a PC to play TS4)

OMG.....you do not need anything even close to the fancy components this guy suggested. I built my own gaming desktop and I play a lot of sims too. I have all my graphics set to the highest settings with an i5, GTX 970 and 16GB RAM. Even with these cheaper parts they are overkill for sims 4, meaning you could even go below that. All he did was list the most expensive parts, no games need a 1080ti, that's a bragging rights card. You can get something much less expensive that works about the same.

Alienware is crap since Dell bought them out. I used to have one too and it never played games well.
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    edited June 2018
    soko37 wrote: »
    So_Money wrote: »
    If you want the best PC, you go for the best internals, not an off-the-shelf or brand name. You'll save a lot of money this way.

This thread will be moved to the tech subforums, I'm sure, and they'll help you out with specifics in there.

Generally speaking you want to start with:

16-32 GB of RAM
    i7 8700K
    GTX 1080ti

(Edit: These specs are probably excessive for your needs since it's become clearer that you just want a PC to play TS4)

OMG.....you do not need anything even close to the fancy components this guy suggested. I built my own gaming desktop and I play a lot of sims too. I have all my graphics set to the highest settings with an i5, GTX 970 and 16GB RAM. Even with these cheaper parts they are overkill for sims 4, meaning you could even go below that. All he did was list the most expensive parts, no games need a 1080ti, that's a bragging rights card. You can get something much less expensive that works about the same.

Alienware is plum since Dell bought them out. I used to have one too and it never played games well.

Agreed the 1080 is complete overkill for most games. Is it nice to have? Sure. But most games will run beautifully on a system with a 1050ti, 1060, 970, 960, or 1070. Even on a base 1050. Even my old graphics card pulled TS4 off rather well, it just wasn't compatible with my new motherboard xD

Idem CPU, previous-gen i5 and i7 CPUs will do just fine. It honestly doesn't need to be a 8th gen i7 to work....

And most people, unless they do more intense tasks than gaming, won't ever need more than 8 ram. I have 16 or even more on my desktop but it doesn't perform any better because of it, we just had some RAM lying around xD

So yes, definitely don't take this opinion up there as gospel xD
    @phoebebebe13 I would just like to thank you on your insight to the laptop I was scouting for ts4 Sims 4 a few months back. I finally bought it and the Sims 4 runs amazing on it. <3

@ArtsyBanana Your very welcome! enjoy your new laptop and your game :)
  • chesterbigbirdchesterbigbird Posts: 8,581 Member
    edited June 2018
    @SimTrippy @soko37
    While a 1080ti and 1080 may not be needed for simming it most definitely does have its place in gaming. New AAA titles are very demanding and do require a lot of power to run at higher settings. Then factor in higher resolutions such as 2k and 4k and then a single 1080ti can be completely maxed out by a game easily. As for a cpu then a good i5 is fine for simming (however nobody wants to buy old hardware) as for the i7 then you will find a lot of games released in the past couple of years actually require one, the latest Assassin's creed actually throttles high end i7s. And again 16GB is needed for other games also. So high end specs definitely are not bragging rights if you are a heavy gamer or game at a higher resolution.
    I do agree Alienware is crap LOL
    i7 6700K
    16GB hyper X fury
    MSI GTX 1080
    MSI gaming M5 mobo
    Evga 750 supernova
    Corsair hydro h110i GT
    Corsair obsidian 750D
    500GB SSD
    6TB Seagate Barracuda Pro
    LG 34" ultra wide

• UndeadArmyUndeadArmy Posts: 7 New Member
    Hi everyone, I'm looking to get a new computer that runs the sims 4 better than the one I have (its 7 years old) I have a lot of cc and all expansions and most of the stuff packs so I want this computer to run smoothly and quick. I have a loading time of like 10 min or so on the computer I have now so I want to improve that lol. I'm from the USA and I'm looking to buy the computer fairly soon. I have been researching and I just want to see what you all think of the couple I'm looking at.

CyberpowerPC Gamer Xtreme C366

Model
    Brand-CyberpowerPC
    Model-Gamer Xtreme C366
    Part Number-GXC366

Quick Info
    Type-Gaming & Entertainment
    Usage-Consumer
    Processor-Intel Core i3-8100 3.60 GHz
    Processor Main Features-64 bit Quad-Core Processor
    Cache Per Processor-6 MB L3 Cache
    Memory-8 GB DDR4 + 16 GB Optane Memory
    Storage-1 TB SATA III 7200 RPM
    Optical Drive-24x DVD+-R/+-RW DUAL LAYER DRIVE
    Graphics-NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 3 GB
    Power Supply-450W 80+
    Case-CYBERPOWERPC W210 Black Windowed Gaming Case
    Operating System-Windows 10 Home 64-Bit

CPU
    CPU Type-Intel Core i3 8th Gen
    CPU Speed-8100 (3.60 GHz)
    L3 Cache Per CPU-6 MB
    CPU Main Features-64 bit Quad-Core Processor

Graphics
    GPU/VGA Type-NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060
    Video Memory-3 GB GDDR5
    Virtual Reality Ready-Yes

Memory
    Memory Capacity-8 GB DDR4
    Memory Spec-4 GB x 2

Optane Memory-16 GB

Storage
    HDD-1 TB
    HDD Interface-SATA III
    HDD RPM-7200rpm

Optical Drive
    Optical Drive Type-DVD±RW
    Optical Drive Spec-24x DVD+-R/+-RW DUAL LAYER DRIVE

Audio
    Audio Features-Integrated 7.1 Channel Audio

Communications
    LAN Speed-10/100/1000Mbps

Mouse
    Mouse Type-USB Gaming Mouse

Keyboard
    Keyboard Type-USB Gaming Keyboard

iBUYPOWER NEP24FX83

Model
    Brand-iBUYPOWER
    Model-NEP24FX83

Quick Info
    Usage-Consumer
    Processor-AMD FX-8320 3.50 GHz
    Processor Main Features-64 bit 8-Core Processor
    Memory-8 GB DDR3
    Storage-1 TB HDD + 120 GB SSD
    Optical Drive-DVDRW
    Graphics-NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4 GB
    Power Supply-400W
    Case-Raidmax Alpha White

Motherboard
    Chipset-AMD 970

CPU
    CPU Type-AMD FX-Series
    CPU Speed-FX-8320 (3.50 GHz)
    CPU Main Features-64 bit 8-Core Processor

Graphics
    GPU/VGA Type-NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
    Video Memory-4 GB GDDR5

Memory
    Memory Capacity-8 GB DDR3
    Memory Spec-8 GB x 1
    Memory Slot (Total)-4
    Maximum Memory Supported-64 GB

Storage
    SSD-120 GB
    HDD-1 TB

Optical Drive

Communications
    WLAN-802.11ac Wireless LAN

Front Panel Ports
    Front USB-2 x USB 3.0

Back Panel Ports
    PS/2-2
    Video Ports-1 VGA, 1 HDMI
    Rear USB-6 x USB 2.0
    2 x USB 3.1 Gen 1
    RJ45-1 port
    Rear Audio Ports-3 ports

Expansion
    PCI Slots (Available/Total)-2 PCI Express 2.0 x16 Slots (PCIE2: x16 mode; PCIE3: x4 mode)
    1 PCI Express 2.0 x1 Slot
    1 PCI Slot

Mouse
    Mouse Type-iBUYPOWER USB Mouse

Keyboard
    Keyboard Type-iBUYPOWER USB Deluxe Keyboard

Dimensions & Weight
    Dimensions (H x W x D)-20.87" x 7.68" x 20.83"
    Weight-30.00 lbs.
    UndeadArmy wrote: »
    Hi everyone, I'm looking to get a new computer that runs the sims 4 better than the one I have (its 7 years old) I have a lot of cc and all expansions and most of the stuff packs so I want this computer to run smoothly and quick. I have a loading time of like 10 min or so on the computer I have now so I want to improve that lol. I'm from the USA and I'm looking to buy the computer fairly soon. I have been researching and I just want to see what you all think of the couple I'm looking at.

CyberpowerPC Gamer Xtreme C366

Model
    Brand-CyberpowerPC
    Model-Gamer Xtreme C366
    Part Number-GXC366

Quick Info
    Usage-Consumer
    Processor-Intel Core i3-8100 3.60 GHz
    Processor Main Features-64 bit Quad-Core Processor
    Cache Per Processor-6 MB L3 Cache
    Memory-8 GB DDR4 + 16 GB Optane Memory
    Storage-1 TB SATA III 7200 RPM
    Optical Drive-24x DVD+-R/+-RW DUAL LAYER DRIVE
    Graphics-NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 3 GB
    Power Supply-450W 80+
    Case-CYBERPOWERPC W210 Black Windowed Gaming Case

CPU
    CPU Type-Intel Core i3 8th Gen
    CPU Speed-8100 (3.60 GHz)
    L3 Cache Per CPU-6 MB
    CPU Main Features-64 bit Quad-Core Processor

Graphics
    GPU/VGA Type-NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060
    Video Memory-3 GB GDDR5
    Virtual Reality Ready-Yes

Memory
    Memory Capacity-8 GB DDR4
    Memory Spec-4 GB x 2

Optane Memory-16 GB

Storage
    HDD-1 TB
    HDD Interface-SATA III
    HDD RPM-7200rpm

Optical Drive
    Optical Drive Spec-24x DVD+-R/+-RW DUAL LAYER DRIVE

Audio
    Audio Features-Integrated 7.1 Channel Audio

Communications
    LAN Speed-10/100/1000Mbps

Mouse
    Mouse Type-USB Gaming Mouse

Keyboard
    Keyboard Type-USB Gaming Keyboard

iBUYPOWER NEP24FX83

Model
    Brand-iBUYPOWER
    Model-NEP24FX83

Quick Info
    Usage-Consumer
    Processor-AMD FX-8320 3.50 GHz
    Processor Main Features-64 bit 8-Core Processor
    Memory-8 GB DDR3
    Storage-1 TB HDD + 120 GB SSD
    Optical Drive-DVDRW
    Graphics-NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4 GB
    Power Supply-400W
    Case-Raidmax Alpha White

Motherboard
    Chipset-AMD 970

CPU
    CPU Type-AMD FX-Series
    CPU Speed-FX-8320 (3.50 GHz)
    CPU Main Features-64 bit 8-Core Processor

Graphics
    GPU/VGA Type-NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
    Video Memory-4 GB GDDR5

Memory
    Memory Capacity-8 GB DDR3
    Memory Spec-8 GB x 1
    Memory Slot (Total)-4
    Maximum Memory Supported-64 GB

Storage
    SSD-120 GB
    HDD-1 TB

Optical Drive

Communications
    WLAN-802.11ac Wireless LAN

Front Panel Ports
    Front USB-2 x USB 3.0

Back Panel Ports
    PS/2-2
    Video Ports-1 VGA, 1 HDMI
    Rear USB-6 x USB 2.0
    2 x USB 3.1 Gen 1
    RJ45-1 port
    Rear Audio Ports-3 ports

Expansion
    PCI Slots (Available/Total)-2 PCI Express 2.0 x16 Slots (PCIE2: x16 mode; PCIE3: x4 mode)
    1 PCI Express 2.0 x1 Slot
    1 PCI Slot

Mouse
    Mouse Type-iBUYPOWER USB Mouse

Keyboard
    Keyboard Type-iBUYPOWER USB Deluxe Keyboard

Dimensions & Weight
    Dimensions (H x W x D)-20.87" x 7.68" x 20.83"
    Weight-30.00 lbs.
    What's your budget?

i7 6700K
    16GB hyper X fury
    MSI GTX 1080
    MSI gaming M5 mobo
    Evga 750 supernova
    Corsair hydro h110i GT
    Corsair obsidian 750D
    500GB SSD
    LG 34" ultra wide

Well those two are over $800-would like to stay under $1000.
    edited June 2018
    Well those two are over $800-would like to stay under $1000.

I would recommend either of these
    https://www.amazon.com/Skytech-Gaming-ST-ARCH-II-001-Archangel-Computer/dp/B0771BZY8Z/ref=sr_1_10?s=pc&amp;ie=UTF8&amp;qid=1529137102&amp;sr=1-10&amp;keywords=gaming+desktop&amp;th=1
    https://www.amazon.com/SkyTech-Siege-Computer-Desktop-Windows/dp/B075H6QK6P/ref=pd_sbs_147_5?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B075H6QK6P&pd_rd_r=6b121c95-713e-11e8-baf9-335bfe162084&pd_rd_w=oCemq&pd_rd_wg=mYTa6&pf_rd_i=desktop-dp-sims&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_p=5825442648805390339&pf_rd_r=36HKEEJNAVX5Y5N80JSJ&pf_rd_s=desktop-dp-sims&pf_rd_t=40701&psc=1&refRID=36HKEEJNAVX5Y5N80JSJ
    If you can spend the extra then i would definitely go with the second... better cpu and motherboard and better cooling plus it has the added SSD. Skytech will use non generic Quality parts where as Cyberpowerpc usually will just use what they have on hand which can be not very good. (power supplies especially can be bad)
    i7 6700K
    16GB hyper X fury
    MSI GTX 1080
    MSI gaming M5 mobo
    Evga 750 supernova
    Corsair hydro h110i GT
    Corsair obsidian 750D
    500GB SSD
    LG 34" ultra wide

Thanks so much for your input and reply :) I think I will try and shoot for getting the second one if I can. Could you recommend a monitor also?
    i7 6700K
    16GB hyper X fury
    MSI GTX 1080
    MSI gaming M5 mobo
    Evga 750 supernova
    Corsair hydro h110i GT
    Corsair obsidian 750D
    500GB SSD
    LG 34" ultra wide

Thank you! I do not have speakers so I will get those. I appreciate your help! :)
    i7 6700K
    16GB hyper X fury
    MSI GTX 1080
    MSI gaming M5 mobo
    Evga 750 supernova
    Corsair hydro h110i GT
    Corsair obsidian 750D
    500GB SSD
    LG 34" ultra wide

Thanks, I ordered everything yesterday! Not sure If I should post this here but do you recommend plugging the computer into the wall outlet or a power strip?
  • ScarletSimEaterScarletSimEater Posts: 126 Member
    If it's a good power strip, definitely use that. For two reasons. First, you'll probably want to have other things plugged in as well. (Definitely a monitor, possibly some other peripherals as well.) Second, it's really smart to use a surge protector.
    Thanks, I ordered everything yesterday! Not sure If I should post this here but do you recommend plugging the computer into the wall outlet or a power strip?

Definitely recommend a surge protector power strip, I would never use my pc without one.
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/search/ref=a9_asi_1?rh=i:aps,k:surge+protector+power+strip&amp;keywords=surge+protector+power+strip&amp;ie=UTF8&amp;qid=1529366087
    i7 6700K
    16GB hyper X fury
    MSI GTX 1080
    MSI gaming M5 mobo
    Evga 750 supernova
    Corsair hydro h110i GT
    Corsair obsidian 750D
    500GB SSD
    LG 34" ultra wide

Thanks both of you for your input :) I do already have a power strip that I've used for my computer for years, was just curious if you thought the wall outlet was better or not. Can't wait to use my new one and see the difference in playing!
    Thanks both of you for your input :) I do already have a power strip that I've used for my computer for years, was just curious if you thought the wall outlet was better or not. Can't wait to use my new one and see the difference in playing!

Your Welcome,
    Let us know how it goes once you have everything up and running :)
    i7 6700K
    16GB hyper X fury
    MSI GTX 1080
    MSI gaming M5 mobo
    Evga 750 supernova
    Corsair hydro h110i GT
    Corsair obsidian 750D
    500GB SSD
    LG 34" ultra wide

• greenfroginapondgreenfroginapond Posts: 3 New Member
    Hi simmers sorry to sound like a broken record but all of this is overwhelming. Looking for a laptop (pref under 17" display) to run S4 with most of the expansion/stuff packs. I know I'd it'd be good to have things like 256GB SSD, i7 core, 1060 graphics etc but after a while it all gets a bit confusing. As US prices are drastically different from Aus my budget is around $2500 (but could go higher). The game will be the only thing I pretty much do on the laptop. Also obvs Australian retailers are different. Any help/advice appreciated