Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Best Pc / Laptop to play the sims 4 with best grahpics?

Comments

• Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    edited June 2018
    Egh033 wrote: »
    SimTrippy wrote: »
    Then I guess I’m out of luck. I don’t have $600 to spend right now. I just need an affordable one so I can play my game on low-med settings.

@Egh033 Just out of curiosity, how much can you spend +-?

Around $300, $400 the most.

I found a desktop that has
    •Intel Core i5-3470 (Quad Core, 3.20GHz- max turbo is 3.6 GHZ)
    •4GB RAM can be upgraded to 16GB (I plan on ungrading it)
    •Windows 10
    •Intel HD Graphics 2500 (don’t worry I’m upgrading this as well)

Hmmm that isn't much indeed :/

Actually, the point @phoebebebe13 was trying to make about needing new hardware is that manufacturers frequently upgrade the pc equipment (with faster drives, better architecture, different slots - SATA, PCIe m.2, those types of things xD). Therefore, this newer equipment won't necessarily be backwards compatible with older hardware. So you can't always upgrade to a new i5 or GTX 1060 because often older motherboards simply don't have the right connections / slots to accommodate new tech.

You could try to find out if the PC you're intending to buy will even allow you to upgrade to a newer model graphics card, but they can actually be pretty costly too.

Could you afford something like this?
    https://www.amazon.com/Lenovo-IdeaCentre-Flagship-Business-Quad-Core/dp/B07BWD2M9H/?tag=wpcentralb-20&ascsubtag=UUwpUdUnU49209YYwYg

I'm not sure, actually, but maybe this could let you play the game at low-medium settings, like you indicated would be fine. What do you think @phoebebebe13

Or maybe a PC that is a little too low spec but has a new enough motherboard that would allow @Egh033 to upgrade some more essential things, but that's also cheap enough to leave some budget for at least one essential upgrade? :/ idk, trying to help

Many ETAs: tired
  • Options
    Egh033Egh033 Posts: 27 New Member
    Thank you guys for helping, Ive actually been doing a lot of research to make sure the PC I’m interested in is upgradable and it is. I am able to upgrade the psu, gpu, storage, ram, etc. it only has 250gb hdd but I plan on upgrading this in the future soon.

I checked the recommendation sims 4 requirements and the 4gb ram and Intel core i5 quad duo meet the requirements as well as the windows 10. And I also made sure the graphics card can be upgraded and if can be. One of the upgradable graphics card it’ll upgrade to is the Nvidia GeForce 1050 ti.
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    Thank you guys for helping, Ive actually been doing a lot of research to make sure the PC I’m interested in is upgradable and it is. I am able to upgrade the psu, gpu, storage, ram, etc. it only has 250gb hdd but I plan on upgrading this in the future soon.

I checked the recommendation sims 4 requirements and the 4gb ram and Intel core i5 quad duo meet the requirements as well as the windows 10. And I also made sure the graphics card can be upgraded and if can be. One of the upgradable graphics card it’ll upgrade to is the Nvidia GeForce 1050 ti.

Can you send the link to that pc? (also, windows doesn't matter much, I had w7 until I upgraded my pc a while ago - since new cpu's of course have to run on windows 10, and TS4 worked equally well :D)
  • Options
    Lol I know it doesn’t matter much but I’m just saying
  • Options
    It doesn’t let me send links but I can definitely copy the specs and paste them here!
  • Options
    CPU Intel Core i5 (3rd Gen) 3470 / 3.2 GHz
    Max Turbo Speed 3.6 GHz
    Number of Cores Quad-Core
    MEMORY Max Supported Size 16 GB
    HARD DRIVE Interface Type SATA 6Gb/s
    Spindle Speed 7200 rpm
    Type HDD
    Interface Class Serial ATA
    Installed Qty 1
    Capacity 500 GB

Processor
    Type Core i5
    Processor Number i5-3470
    Generation 3
    Manufacturer Intel
    Clock Speed 3.2 GHz
  • Options
    It doesn’t let me send links but I can definitely copy the specs and paste them here!

Hmm I'd mostly like to check what motherboard it is :D How much is this laptop though? Just be aware that graphics cards & RAM aren't cheap and that you'll be stuck with an ageing CPU (we're now at gen 8, soon 9, and this is gen 3.

Thing is, if you'll be stuck with it for a few years, I'd try to find something that you can also upgrade but has a newer CPU. You can definitely check out AMD's new Ryzen processors. Gen 2 isn't actually that expensive compared to Intel's CPU's & I think it'll be more than good enough for TS :) Also, they come with a cooler, which I still think is pretty cool :D
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    Max Turbo Speed 3.6 GHz
    Spindle Speed 7200 rpm
    Type HDD
    Installed Qty 1
    Capacity 500 GB

Processor
    Type Core i5
    Processor Number i5-3470
    Generation 3
    Manufacturer Intel
    Clock Speed 3.2 GHz

Yeah I mean according to this the CPU could be fine:
    https://www.quora.com/Is-i5-3470-still-okay-for-2017-gaming

But @phoebebebe13 will probably know more about that. Honestly though, TS4 can be brutal on CPU's, so again, that's where I'd focus. That and proper cooling. Cause there's quite a few graphics cards older than the 1050 that would probably still be fine oif you're not planning on playing on Ultra .... Hmmm ...

I just hope you find something. Just be careful, cause even 400 is still an investment, so you should try making the wisest one!

Also maybe this can help https://www.androidtipster.com/best-gaming-pc-under-500-dollars-guide/

• Options
    Yes she recommend the i5 quad core which is exactly what this one has. And I’m not looking to play on ultra, more like low-med or just medium. Do you know what graphic cards would work besides the 1050 ti?
  • Options
    Yes she recommend the i5 quad core which is exactly what this one has. And I’m not looking to play on ultra, more like low-med or just medium. Do you know what graphic cards would work besides the 1050 ti?

Any i5 4-core? Because I'd personally recommend to find an i5 7th gen, if at all possible. :/ with the cards, I'll definitely have to leave it to someone else. I always get confused about this stuff. But I guess a base 1050 (without ti) would probably work well too :)
  • Options
    [quote="SimTrippy;c-16533831"][quote="Egh033;c-16533803"]Yes she recommend the i5 quad core which is exactly what this one has. And I’m not looking to play on ultra, more like low-med or just medium. Do you know what graphic cards would work besides the 1050 ti? [/quote]

Any i5 4-core? Because I'd personally recommend to find an i5 7th gen, if at all possible. :/ with the cards, I'll definitely have to leave it to someone else. I always get confused about this stuff. But I guess a base 1050 (without ti) would probably work well too :) [/quote]

Yes well she recommended i5 quad core for what I need in a computer. And thank you for your time! I’m not into heavy gaming, I’m just looking for a computer that’s going to play TS4 on medium or even low-med. I don’t need ultra lol. I play the sims a fair amount but definitely not a huge amount.
  • Options
    chesterbigbirdchesterbigbird Posts: 8,581 Member
    Max Turbo Speed 3.6 GHz
    Spindle Speed 7200 rpm
    Type HDD
    Installed Qty 1
    Capacity 500 GB

Processor
    Type Core i5
    Processor Number i5-3470
    Generation 3
    Manufacturer Intel
    Clock Speed 3.2 GHz
    Does this pc have a model number? Also your probably better off with that cyberpower dedktop. You will never be able to upgrade the cpu on the one above without upgrading the motherboard also. (They don't sell 3rd gen Intel anymore) also the case needs space and ventilation for upgrades.

i7 6700K
    16GB hyper X fury
    MSI GTX 1080
    MSI gaming M5 mobo
    Evga 750 supernova
    Corsair hydro h110i GT
    Corsair obsidian 750D
    500GB SSD
    6TB Seagate Barracuda Pro
    LG 34" ultra wide

• Options
    I’m not looking to upgrade the cpu. Just the ram and graphics card. Which I looked up if it’s possible and a lot of people have upgraded it.
  • Options
    [quote="chesterbigbird;c-16533868"][quote="Egh033;c-16533763"]CPU Intel Core i5 (3rd Gen) 3470 / 3.2 GHz
    Max Turbo Speed 3.6 GHz
    Spindle Speed 7200 rpm
    Type HDD
    Installed Qty 1
    Capacity 500 GB

Processor
    Type Core i5
    Processor Number i5-3470
    Generation 3
    Manufacturer Intel
    Clock Speed 3.2 GHz[/quote]
    Does this pc have a model number? Also your probably better off with that cyberpower dedktop. You will never be able to upgrade the cpu on the one above without upgrading the motherboard also. (They don't sell 3rd gen Intel anymore) also the case needs space and ventilation for upgrades.

[/quote]

And I can’t get a cyber power pc because it’s too expensive.
  • Options
    ^ sorry auto correct. A cyberpower pc. Lol
  • Options
    phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    Parlahem wrote: »
    HP - Refurbished Pavilion Desktop - AMD A12-Series - 16GB Memory - 2TB Hard Drive - HP Finish In Twinkle Black
    is this a good desktop to run the sims 4, expansion packs, and a medium amount size of custom content? I don't know a lot about computers and desktops so I really need help!

this does not meet requirements
  • Options
    ParlahemParlahem Posts: 5 New Member
    Could you help me decide if this is a good desktop for the Sims 4, expansion packs, and some cc/mods? I'm not tech savvy and I'm not sure if this might work.

Storage Type HDD:
    Hard Drive Type
    SATA:
    Hard Drive Capacity 2000 gigabytes
    Graphics:
    AMD Radeon R7
    System Memory (RAM):
    16 gigabytes
    Processor Speed (Base):
    3.9 gigahertz
    Processor Model Number:
    A12-9800
    Operating System:
    Windows 10
    Media Card Reader:
    Yes
    Type of Memory (RAM):
    DDR4 SDRAM
    System Memory RAM Speed:
    2400 megahertz
    Cache Memory:
    2 megabytes
    System Memory RAM Expandable To:
    16 gigabytes
    Number Of Memory Slots:
    Number of Memory Sticks Included:
    Cooling System:
    Air
    Operating System Architecture:
    64-bit
    Hard Drive RPM:
    7200 revolutions per minute
    Hard Drive Accelerator:
    None
    Hard Drive Interface:
    SATA
    Graphics Type:
    Integrated
    GPU Brand:
    AMD Radeon

I cant give links yet, but if you need to find the computer go to Google and type in AMD desktops and go to best buy and you should be able to find it. Thank you!
  • Options
    Max Turbo Speed 3.6 GHz
    Spindle Speed 7200 rpm
    Type HDD
    Installed Qty 1
    Capacity 500 GB

Processor
    Type Core i5
    Processor Number i5-3470
    Generation 3
    Manufacturer Intel
    Clock Speed 3.2 GHz

agree with chester. that is an old CPU
  • Options
    [quote="phoebebebe13;c-16533888"][quote="chesterbigbird;c-16533868"][quote="Egh033;c-16533763"]CPU Intel Core i5 (3rd Gen) 3470 / 3.2 GHz
    Max Turbo Speed 3.6 GHz
    Spindle Speed 7200 rpm
    Type HDD
    Installed Qty 1
    Capacity 500 GB

Processor
    Type Core i5
    Processor Number i5-3470
    Generation 3
    Manufacturer Intel

[/quote]

agree with chester. that is an old CPU [/quote]

It has the CPU that you suggested.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    edited June 2018
    Max Turbo Speed 3.6 GHz
    Spindle Speed 7200 rpm
    Type HDD
    Installed Qty 1
    Capacity 500 GB

Processor
    Type Core i5
    Processor Number i5-3470
    Generation 3
    Manufacturer Intel
    Clock Speed 3.2 GHz

There are many, many different i5's, and that's an old one. Unfortunately, you're going to be very challenged in your price range to find a computer for this game. In the end, at $300-400, you'll end up with a computer that won't last as long, will no longer be upgradable with more recent parts, and will cost you more overall because you'll have to replace it sooner. If you can hold off till you have more $$, you'll be able to spend less in the long run. I know it's frustrating, but this just isn't an inexpensive game. Have you considered the console version instead? You can get a new console for that price, and if you already have a TV, you're set.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    Max Turbo Speed 3.6 GHz
    Spindle Speed 7200 rpm
    Type HDD
    Installed Qty 1
    Capacity 500 GB

Processor
    Type Core i5
    Processor Number i5-3470
    Generation 3
    Manufacturer Intel
    Clock Speed 3.2 GHz

Well the 3000 intel series is old. They don't make it anymore. You want an new intel CPU 7000 or 8000 series
  • Options
    [quote="luthienrising;c-16533898"][quote="Egh033;c-16533894"][quote="phoebebebe13;c-16533888"][quote="chesterbigbird;c-16533868"][quote="Egh033;c-16533763"]CPU Intel Core i5 (3rd Gen) 3470 / 3.2 GHz
    Max Turbo Speed 3.6 GHz
    Spindle Speed 7200 rpm
    Type HDD
    Installed Qty 1
    Capacity 500 GB

Processor
    Type Core i5
    Processor Number i5-3470
    Generation 3
    Manufacturer Intel

[/quote]

It has the CPU that you suggested. [/quote]

There are many, many different i5's, and that's an old one. Unfortunately, you're going to be [i]very[/i] challenged in your price range to find a computer for this game. In the end, at $300-400, you'll end up with a computer that won't last as long, will no longer be upgradable with more recent parts, and will cost you [i]more[/i] overall because you'll have to replace it sooner. If you can hold off till you have more $$, you'll be able to spend less in the long run. I know it's frustrating, but this just isn't an inexpensive game. Have you considered the console version instead? You can get a new console for that price, and if you already have a TV, you're set. [/quote]

I won’t play console because I don’t have a console to play it on. I prefer on a laptop or desktop. I’ve been playing sims for years on my laptop that apparently “barely meets the system requirements”. And it’s been fine. Again I have all the expansions and over 200+ cc. It gets a little hot after hours of playing but I have a cooling pad.

Again I’m not looking for a desktop that’s going to have me playing on ULTRA settings.

I’m looking to buy an affordable one that will play it at medium the most. Seasons is coming out soon and I want to be able to play it. Everyone has got me worried about my laptop now that it’s not good enough and that I might not be able to run seasons.

I’ve already preordered seasons with some of my money.

This is all just really frustrating because I want to be able to play my game. It’s summer and it’s all I’ve been looking forward to. Point blank I don’t have money for a gaming desktop. But I’m really determined to find something that’ll run my game.
  • Options
    Max Turbo Speed 3.6 GHz
    Spindle Speed 7200 rpm
    Type HDD
    Installed Qty 1
    Capacity 500 GB

Processor
    Type Core i5
    Processor Number i5-3470
    Generation 3
    Manufacturer Intel
    Clock Speed 3.2 GHz

There are many, many different i5's, and that's an old one. Unfortunately, you're going to be very challenged in your price range to find a computer for this game. In the end, at $300-400, you'll end up with a computer that won't last as long, will no longer be upgradable with more recent parts, and will cost you more overall because you'll have to replace it sooner. If you can hold off till you have more $$, you'll be able to spend less in the long run. I know it's frustrating, but this just isn't an inexpensive game. Have you considered the console version instead? You can get a new console for that price, and if you already have a TV, you're set.

I won’t play console because I don’t have a console to play it on. I prefer on a laptop or desktop. I’ve been playing sims for years on my laptop that apparently “barely meets the system requirements”. And it’s been fine. Again I have all the expansions and over 200+ cc. It gets a little hot after hours of playing but I have a cooling pad.

Again I’m not looking for a desktop that’s going to have me playing on ULTRA settings.

I’m looking to buy an affordable one that will play it at medium the most. Seasons is coming out soon and I want to be able to play it. Everyone has got me worried about my laptop now that it’s not good enough and that I might not be able to run seasons.

This is all just really frustrating because I want to be able to play my game. It’s summer and it’s all I’ve been looking forward to. Point blank I don’t have money for a gaming desktop. But I’m really determined to find something that’ll run my game.

The game requires certain gaming hardware. Seasons has always been one of the most powerful ep's in the game. I suspect this new seasons will do the same
  • Options
    [quote="phoebebebe13;c-16533923"][quote="Egh033;c-16533920"][quote="luthienrising;c-16533898"][quote="Egh033;c-16533894"][quote="phoebebebe13;c-16533888"][quote="chesterbigbird;c-16533868"][quote="Egh033;c-16533763"]CPU Intel Core i5 (3rd Gen) 3470 / 3.2 GHz
    Max Turbo Speed 3.6 GHz
    Spindle Speed 7200 rpm
    Type HDD
    Installed Qty 1
    Capacity 500 GB

Processor
    Type Core i5
    Processor Number i5-3470
    Generation 3
    Manufacturer Intel

[/quote]

It has the CPU that you suggested. [/quote]

There are many, many different i5's, and that's an old one. Unfortunately, you're going to be [i]very[/i] challenged in your price range to find a computer for this game. In the end, at $300-400, you'll end up with a computer that won't last as long, will no longer be upgradable with more recent parts, and will cost you [i]more[/i] overall because you'll have to replace it sooner. If you can hold off till you have more $$, you'll be able to spend less in the long run. I know it's frustrating, but this just isn't an inexpensive game. Have you considered the console version instead? You can get a new console for that price, and if you already have a TV, you're set. [/quote]

This is all just really frustrating because I want to be able to play my game. It’s summer and it’s all I’ve been looking forward to. Point blank I don’t have money for a gaming desktop. But I’m really determined to find something that’ll run my game.[/quote]

The game requires certain gaming hardware. Seasons has always been one of the most powerful ep's in the game. I suspect this new seasons will do the same [/quote]

Okay. I know. Again I’m looking for something that’ll run my game but isn’t too expensive. It’s just frustrating. Like really frustrating. I wish I had the money to get the ones y’all are saying I need. But I don’t. TS4 is the only game I play. I’m not into anything else.
  • Options
    @Parlahem you were answered a few messages up from this one