Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How big is your CC folder?

Comments

• ShaeShae Posts: 303 Member
    My Sims 2 CC folder is a bit over 4 GB. My sims 4 CC folder is approximately 10.7 GB.
    Just a visually impaired gamer who enjoys taking ordinary Sims and making them extraordinary.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=WbRQP-PXDpA
  • Anna81Anna81 Posts: 2 New Member
    Is there a way to see what the file name is in CAS? I have a couple items that I need the original mesh for, but I can't see the item so I don't know what is it.
  • EspisayerEspisayer Posts: 43 Member
    edited April 2018
    Wow I didn't know people had so much cc. I thought 200 files was pushing it. xD I have about 150-160 files and 1-1.5 GB I think.

Edit: Nope, it was 250 and 600 MB. I was way off
    Post edited by Espisayer on
    Nintendo gamer with a love for creativity, the dark side, and a sometimes childish sense of humor :p
    My YT Channel
  • TwilightPigTwilightPig Posts: 235 Member
    My cc folder is 6.35 GB and I have 2450 files. :)
    giphy.gif
  • TwilightPigTwilightPig Posts: 235 Member
    edited April 2018
    @Anna81 You can't view file names in cas but If you're playing sims 4 you can use a program called sims 4 tray importer. In the program you can view your gallery items and their cc. So you put the broken cc on a sim and save it to the gallery and then you'll be able to see the cc in tray importer.
    I'm pretty bad at explaining thing but there is a great video on fixing cc on Youtube by XUrbanSimsX.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RqCJ0sh1Ht4
    Post edited by TwilightPig on
    giphy.gif
  • honeywitchhoneywitch Posts: 321 Member
    edited April 2018
    Exactly 650 MB at the moment - mostly CAS cc (all mm), a few B/B items, no mods.

Update: I went cc shopping (CAS goodies and five deco/clutter items) so now I have 747 MB.
    Post edited by honeywitch on
  • Arianajay14Arianajay14 Posts: 1 New Member
    My mods folder was at 28.2, but it's now at 17.4! <3
  • jimbbqjimbbq Posts: 2,734 Member
    Mine is under 100MB only just the essential :)
  • Misa_wants_PepsiMisa_wants_Pepsi Posts: 229 Member
    On my Laptop: 5 GB last I checked

Desktop...... 38.7 GB

I uh, have a problem
  • peterskywalkerpeterskywalker Posts: 553 Member
    My CC folder for the sims 4 is 1.78 GB with 85 files (11 of which are merged).

Since things re organized it makes updating for patches much easier
    True Love
    Terrific Family Play
    Too fun
    The sims 2 forever
  • isaiahm09isaiahm09 Posts: 1 New Member
    imhave 4,904 mods installed
  • MelodyElodieMelodyElodie Posts: 107 Member
    I used to have a lot but I'm beginning to remove some old cc and some broken cc. ^-^
    Screenshot_1.png
    Sig.png

• Muddy_RainbootsMuddy_Rainboots Posts: 44 Member
    1.28 GB, 543 CC items
    [img][/img]GGYliP7.jpg

It was an accident! I swear!
  • MissNightOwlMissNightOwl Posts: 740 Member
    Wow, and here I am with my ~290 MB, always worried that I have too much, and I don't even use everything ;) I also almost always save a picture of CC, so it's easier later on during cleaning, and it also takes some additional space, I guess. The majority of that are female hairstyles, I rarely even looking for anything else.
    I have also some mods, with the final size of the Mod folder being 315 MB at the moment.
  • Apple_Da_AppleApple_Da_Apple Posts: 1 New Member
    I have 8,484 cc, and I'm downloading more as i comment because I need more male cc xD
  • Stina1701AStina1701A Posts: 1,183 Member
    Wow. I thought mine was big. 1.438 files that are 1.60gb in overall size. I only have 2 mods, the no relationship culling mod and the quick walking the dog mod. The rest are all build items and objects. No CAS items though. I realised the other day that I haven't even downloaded recolors of any CAS items which is unusual for me, regarding my cc habits with the earlier versions of the Sims.

I don't have any folders in my mods folder is that any way beneficial regarding game performance?

But on the other hand, I have copy of everything I have installed tucked away in another location, sorted into folders, still zipped or rar'ed (if they came that way) with images saved along as well so I know what is what.
  • pandie00pandie00 Posts: 590 Member
    Gosh... I really need to spend time doing some clean up... My mods folder is 17.4 Gb with 10.036 files No wonder my game takes 5 or 6 min to start :#
    “Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.” - Will Wright.

12-01-2017 <3
    Rebuilding Genetics Family Tree

My Tumblr : pandie4sims.tumblr.com/
  • alxxshaxalxxshax Posts: 19 Member
    I just checked and I have over 3,000 items, I should really clean out my mods folder.
  • Cebu2coolCebu2cool Posts: 46 Member
    Mine is only 6GB and almost 5K files. Mostly Hairs I think and other CAS items.
  • CrownSimsCrownSims Posts: 470 Member
    5,137 files of CC and 18.23 gigs. I'm surprised that my game stills run smoothly.
  • AmandèleAmandèle Posts: 378 Member
    1334 items and 2,2GB for me
    Sorry for the mistakes, English is not my first language ^^'
  • kiriviankirivian Posts: 1,074 Member
    Mods folder size is 16.5gb and contains 8,454 files in 856 folders.
    "You ask me if there'll come a time when I grow tired of you...Never, my love..." -The Association (1967)
  • FluorescentSoapFluorescentSoap Posts: 1,472 Member
    edited May 2018
    Over 34 gb

Nvm I rechecked it :joy: it's worse.

38.4 GB, 22,695 files and 173 folders, and I keep downloading more. I really should go through the stuff I no longer like/ broken meshes etc.. but the effort.

EUjy9dk.png
    tumblr_inline_oqdvr8Z3jV1qbd7br_540.gif
    ⌠ Team Holy Hêll ⌡ [Currently playing TS4]
  • TeailTeail Posts: 2 New Member
    I probably had around 200-400 cc before deleting all of my cc to start over.Woops :blush:
  • TuttyGamer8TuttyGamer8 Posts: 51 Member
    edited June 2018
    About 1,700 files, get between 20-50 more almost daily.