Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I have never owned a business in Sims 4 and was wondering....

Do you need to have a staff room (like in Sims 3) with a bathroom, kitchen, etc. to keep employees happy?

Comments

• Options
    TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member
    Nope. You don't need them employees will do and act different in each nuainess. What type of business are you planning? Is it Retail, Restaurant or a Vet Clinic?
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I always add at least one bathroom, if not two, men's/women, so my customers can use them.
  • Options
    nkthgrtnkthgrt Posts: 638 Member
    Right now, I am trying a Pet Supply Store, but I am not enjoying the results.
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    nkthgrt wrote: »
    Right now, I am trying a Pet Supply Store, but I am not enjoying the results.

What's the problem?
  • Options
    Rae357Rae357 Posts: 922 Member
    edited December 2017
    Clinic's employees seem to need nothing, I made them a room and a bathroom and they ignore it. Retail employees will use bathrooms (and eat if available). Restaurants employees will use bathrooms.
  • Options
    CoteDAzurCoteDAzur Posts: 610 Member
    I always tend to add one anyway, usually because I try and do realistic hours for opening times and otherwise my playable character is practically dead halfway through the day, so I think for maximum potential for your business you should try have one, whether employees use it i'm not sure, your customers will also utilise a toilet though, which also helps sales.
  • Options
    filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,693 Member
    I’ve never thought of doing this, but I’m sure making some sort of room to keep your own sims needs happy, not necessarily the employees needs, would be helpful.
  • Options
    IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    Yeah, it's nothing like the Sims 2 because we can't even give our employees breaks. So, no break room necessary, but they are still useful for other sims.
  • Options
    5782341b77vl5782341b77vl Posts: 9,149 Member
    I tried to include a staf room of some kind in my game builds. Whether it's an office where the boss can give an (inspirational) talk to one of the employees, or just a place for the employees to eat a lunch. I try to include some realistic details. It's not really required though.
    ...AND WASH YOUR DING-DANG HANDS!
  • Options
    aaronrulzaaronrulz Posts: 4,098 Member
    my sim owned a restaurant recently and I did put an office in the basement. She autonomously kept walking down there to use the computer and it was so annoying because I needed her upstairs greeting customers and dealing with the staff. I would cancel the computer action, have her greet guests, and then she again would try to return to the computer.
  • Options
    IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    aaronrulz wrote: »
    my sim owned a restaurant recently and I did put an office in the basement. She autonomously kept walking down there to use the computer and it was so annoying because I needed her upstairs greeting customers and dealing with the staff. I would cancel the computer action, have her greet guests, and then she again would try to return to the computer.

You can lock the door to keep her out, or disable autonomy for the computer using MCCC.
  • Options
    BlazingGamerZBlazingGamerZ Posts: 16 New Member
    This would be a cool mod, if it isnt a feature that they plan to add to the game in general. For realism, i personally would also just build one anyway, but clean, smooth and realistic builds always look the best, even when The Sims does not cater to it.