Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Camera help

samemiesamemie Posts: 1,623 Member
Hey, so I'm not sure if it's just me but it seems like when using the in-game camera the picture taken is actually a bit wider/more zoomed out than what I think I'm taking a picture of. It's only a minor thing of course, I was just wondering if there's any workaround for this? Happy to use mods if you recommend any too. Or is it just a case of zooming in a little bit more than I want? Thanks :)

Comments

• Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    Well, I can only speak for me- my screen is a wide screen and the game settings are set for it. The game camera takes 600x450 at it's largest. I've seen it take pictures of more than I see- usually the top/bottom- but since I use a screen capture program I don't worry about it.

I guess, If you want to use the in game camera, then find out which it captures more- top/bottom or sides- then adjust. :)
  • JULES1111JULES1111 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Ya I think it is just a adjustment you have to make. I use Fraps instead of the in game camera, and I also use Gunmod's camera hack. It allows you to go much closer, further, and more down to the ground for those pictures of toddlers playing. :) You have a lot more freedom with it. If you are interested you can find it here. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=97642 It does not go in downloads, so make sure you follow the instructions. Also make a back up of your camera file in case you don't like it, you can go back.
  • samemiesamemie Posts: 1,623 Member
    JULES1111 wrote: »
    Ya I think it is just a adjustment you have to make. I use Fraps instead of the in game camera, and I also use Gunmod's camera hack. It allows you to go much closer, further, and more down to the ground for those pictures of toddlers playing. :) You have a lot more freedom with it. If you are interested you can find it here. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=97642 It does not go in downloads, so make sure you follow the instructions. Also make a back up of your camera file in case you don't like it, you can go back.

Thanks for the link, will check it out! :)

And yeah I suppose other than that I just need to get used to how the camera works again. Been playing sims 4 so long that I keep attempting to use the same controls (I keep right clicking to spin the camera, forgetting I can't do that!) :tongue: Thanks guys.
  • JULES1111JULES1111 Posts: 4,489 Member
    samemie wrote: »
    JULES1111 wrote: »

Thanks for the link, will check it out! :)

And yeah I suppose other than that I just need to get used to how the camera works again. Been playing sims 4 so long that I keep attempting to use the same controls (I keep right clicking to spin the camera, forgetting I can't do that!) :tongue: Thanks guys.

Lol ya I imagine it takes some getting used to, especially when you play another version with a different camera. Your welcome for the link, hopefully it comes in handy for you. :)