Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can we get a tabletop Nativity Scene?

I realize it's too late to ask for this year, but I'm hoping maybe this will be considered for next year. We have the Hanukkah, Kwanzaa, and standard secular (the tree) iconography in game, but no Nativity Scene available to us. Down here, it's a huge part of the season, with many families placing an heirloom scene near the tree (the one in our family is about 60 years old), hundreds of others placing a near life-sized one in the yard, and lots of local shops having one near the register. Maybe it's use is so common around here because the majority of our population is Mexican, but I'm sure other people around the world would appreciate having one to place in game.
My Origin ID is Raging_Furball
Simblr: http://raging-furball.tumblr.com

Comments

• DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I would rather have a front yard sized Nativity scene. Why a large one you ask, okay, I'll tell you. A small one for a table top can be blown up to yard size but it will loose definition. However, a large yard sized Nativity can be shrunk to a very detailed table top version. Therefore, I would prefer a large version.
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    I agree with a large version since we now have the smaller resize cheat.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    I made a small one as CC, only for my own use. I have little hope that EA would allow any Christian-based decor holiday items. I even made Christian-based Easter decor for my use only.
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    MadameLee wrote: »
    Movotti wrote: »
    Why should they include your religion, but not mine?

Uhhmm... that doesn't really make sense in this thread. But hey, the more decor the better. If you have some ideas or requests, open up a new thread and jot em down. If enough people voice their ideas, maybe Maxis will dedicate some effort into filling out the various season decor bundles.

Since there's a bunch of different holidays during the Winter holidays (Christmas is just 1), there's Haunkaa, and on Boxing Day Kwanza (not a relgion), winter soilcaste (Dec 21) and a ton of others.
    We already have Kwanza and Hanukah items in the game and if someone wants more of them they can request them or any other holiday. There is nothing wrong requesting a item you want to see for some of us Christmas is beyond a tree and lights and the nativity scene and all involved with it is why we celebrate Christmas why cant we request it without people complaining about it but offering no ideas of their own.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • NeiaNeia Posts: 4,190 Member
    I think a Sims version could fit quite well, they could even do a funny version with well-known Sims for example, to make it less religious and more about holiday decor.
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,752 Member
    When MY (main) sims celebrate Christmas, they also around the same time celebrate Haunka as well, due to what ...the family was at the time.
    6adMCGP.gif
  • OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    I just want a Festivus pole. I need a proper backdrop for the Airing of Grievances and Feats of Strength.
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,752 Member
    testing
    6adMCGP.gif
  • SassycottonSassycotton Posts: 438 Member
    I would love Navtivity scene as well