Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Will oceans be swimable in the vacation GP?

Since there's a strong evidence that the next GP is tropical vacation, then the main feature (swimming in the ocean) should be questioned..
rP0uvQQ.jpg

We know from this pic that surfing is possible (the Santa with surfing board)
But some people been saying that they heard Gurus can't program oceans or lakes to be swimable..so it's concerning
If we can't swim in the ocean in this tropical vacation GP then it'll be useless..

Comments

• ItsJanierItsJanier Posts: 884 Member
    At this point we can only speculate. No one will know the correct answer until we get some actual material(teasers).
    We don't even for sure that tropical pack is coming. These items could just be Aussie Christmas items.
    But I personally do think that tropical pack would be really nice. I don't want another vacation pack tho.. I never use the one that we already have.
    I hope that if we get a tropical world it would be a place where my Sims could actually live and not just visit. If it's a game pack I'm fine with another 5 lot world(Vampires GP) as long as it looks beautiful
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    A Santa with a surfboard does not confirm that we are getting surfing. And we don't know what the next GP theme will be or what the next vacation spot will be.

Also, it does not follow that "tropical" equals "beach". It could be a jungle with no beaches what so ever.

Jumping to conclusions and making statements that aren't necessarily true is what gets people excited for things that never actually happen in the game. Yes, this is Spec and Rum, just be careful to make statements that are wishes not facts.
  • jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    “strong evidence”

Considering we JUST had a beach world, where these items fit perfectly, suggests there is no strong evidence at all.

Strong evidence would be game files leading us to believe that something is coming (like Vampires & Pets).

Getting Christmas items for the Southern Hemisphere as we have a new beach world to play in is not strong evidence.

Also, Tropical is not the theme of these items at all. Summer, beach, yes. But not tropical.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    graventhe wrote: »
    Since there's a strong evidence that the next GP is tropical vacation, then the main feature (swimming in the ocean) should be questioned..
    rP0uvQQ.jpg

We know from this pic that surfing is possible (the Santa with surfing board)
    But some people been saying that they heard Gurus can't program oceans or lakes to be swimable..so it's concerning
    If we can't swim in the ocean in this tropical vacation GP then it'll be useless..

They can program it but only in new worlds their making.
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    A Santa with a surfboard does not confirm that we are getting surfing. And we don't know what the next GP theme will be or what the next vacation spot will be.

Also, it does not follow that "tropical" equals "beach". It could be a jungle with no beaches what so ever.

Jumping to conclusions and making statements that aren't necessarily true is what gets people excited for things that never actually happen in the game. Yes, this is Spec and Rum, just be careful to make statements that are wishes not facts.

I can't see a tropical vacation not happening. We've had them from Sims 1 to 3. Now they could combine tropical vacations with seasons. That's another possibility.
  • graventhegraventhe Posts: 1,330 Member
    jackjack_k wrote: »
    “strong evidence”

Considering we JUST had a beach world, where these items fit perfectly, suggests there is no strong evidence at all.

Strong evidence would be game files leading us to believe that something is coming (like Vampires & Pets).

Getting Christmas items for the Southern Hemisphere as we have a new beach world to play in is not strong evidence.

Also, Tropical is not the theme of these items at all. Summer, beach, yes. But not tropical.

People already found vacation themed pack icons in the game codes..look at older threads
  • rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    edited December 2017
    “strong evidence”

People already found vacation themed pack icons in the game codes..look at older threads

Yes, but people also found a lot of other icons in the game files. (For example: Snow flakes, Fall leaves etc).

It doesn't mean anything. I assume we will get a tropical/beach destination some time in the future, but the addition of items like this by no means mean that the next GP is a tropical vacation destination.

It can literally be anything at this point.
  • Lomelindi7Lomelindi7 Posts: 1,339 Member
    I seriously don’t care about a tropical vacation pack until there are Seasons in the game. I am not saying I wouldn’t enjoy a beach theme now and again, but it’s already eternal summer, so why do my sims need to go escape to a warm beach that isn’t even warm since there is no temperature in the game?

Again... I’d like this EVENTUALLY, but as the next GP? Feels like the wrong timing.
    rudy8292 wrote: »
    “strong evidence”

Yes, but people also found a lot of other icons in the game files. (For example: Snow flakes, Fall leaves etc).

It doesn't mean anything. I assume we will get a tropical/beach destination some time in the future, but the addition of items like this by no means mean that the next GP is a tropical vacation destination.

It can literally be anything at this point.

So? the other icons could be hinting at seasons EP which takes alot of time to come probably a year so they could be working on both vacation GP and seasons EP
    since we get 1 EP and 2 GP in a year, an expansion as big as seasons must be worked on from this year at least to come out the at end of next year so they may have passed few seasons icons as a start (or they may not and the icons could be something else, please remember this is a speculation and rumors fourm)
    Also if a GP is coming in the first quarter of 2018 as highly predicted then they must have finished at least 30-40% of the GP and the passed icons in the file codes are hints like what they did with vampires GP
    Since we don't have any other codes in the game that suggest something else and the next quarter is really close then I'll take these as hints
    Unless EA didn't release anything in the first quarter of 2018 which is bad to business :)
    edited December 2017
    @graventhe wrote: »
    “strong evidence”

They were from the base game.

All those icons that were found in the code are used when Sims have conversations or as part of the UI and have been there since the base game.
    Dannydanbo wrote: »

I can't see a tropical vacation not happening. We've had them from Sims 1 to 3. Now they could combine tropical vacations with seasons. That's another possibility.

It will come, but there’s no confirmation about whether it’s coming next quarter or 2 years from now.

Same with Seasons. People try to find Seasons hints, and we know Seasons is coming, that doesn’t mean it’s coming next.

We had heavy Pets references in Get To Work, and we didn’t get Pets for another 2 1/2 years.
  • aero2491aero2491 Posts: 55 Member
    I sure hope so. It would be really crazy if they won't be.
  • Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    "Strong Evidence" Let's not push this more than it is, it's subtle hints at best.

I agree with @jackjack_k Strong evidence would be finding code like we did for Vampires and Pets.

Sadly, the icons were apparently base game.

To answer your question on swimmable bodies of water, I think they said old worlds wouldn't be able to do it, which is why I was hoping they would put off on giving us any beach worlds until then, but we got Bridleton bay.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Imagine the uproar if they gave us a tropical vacation world with no swimming... A tropical vacation without a working beach would be as bad as getting retail where you buy clothing off a mannequin instead of a clothing rack and Sims running around with a tablet instead of working a cash register but I would not put it past them they do love shortcuts.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
    “strong evidence”

What about the concept art that got leaked before City Living came out and was quickly removed? It showed a beach and ocean and also some nautical themed items like seashells and an outdoor shower that looked different from the one in Outdoor Retreat.
    "Strong Evidence" Let's not push this more than it is, it's subtle hints at best.

I agree with @jackjack_k Strong evidence would be finding code like we did for Vampires and Pets.

To answer your question on swimmable bodies of water, I think they said old worlds wouldn't be able to do it, which is why I was hoping they would put off on giving us any beach worlds until then, but we got Bridleton bay.

I'm wondering why they didn't make the oceans in BB swimmable.
    “strong evidence”

What about the concept art that got leaked before City Living came out and was quickly removed? It showed a beach and ocean and also some nautical themed items like seashells and an outdoor shower that looked different from the one in Outdoor Retreat.

Very true, but we also got concept art for a European world before The Sims 4 came out, and we got it 18 months later.

I'm sure it's coming, but we don't know the extent or when.

the OP says one has been confirmed, which is different to being sure it's coming.

It is possible that they coded Brindleton Bay so they can come back to it. Unlike other worlds, the water in BB is actually deep enough to support Swimming, while previously the water was only knee height at best.

Even in Windenburg.
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member

It is possible that they coded Brindleton Bay so they can come back to it. Unlike other worlds, the water in BB is actually deep enough to support Swimming, while previously the water was only knee height at best.

Even in Windenburg.

I hope so. I'd be annoyed if ocean swimming was restricted to one world. We have plenty of bodies of water in the game (even in Granite Falls) so it would be immersion-breaking for me.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
    I mean, I have no experience in game development, but if they already have the programming for ocean/lake swimming, how hard would it be to retroactively apply it to previous worlds? If the water's too shallow, the world people can adjust it to make it swimmable and make sure the swimming programming can be copied over
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
    “strong evidence”

Very true, but we also got concept art for a European world before The Sims 4 came out, and we got it 18 months later.

I'm sure it's coming, but we don't know the extent or when.

the OP says one has been confirmed, which is different to being sure it's coming.

I didn't say it was confirmed lol I said there's evidences, however if you read my last comment I said the next quarter is really close and there's no other codes in the game hinting at something else or new patched objects that hints at a different pack, they usually pass few hints before approaching close to the new quarter..
    So you think EA won't release anything next quarter that begins in January? Is that good to business
    And btw the main thing I wanted to discuss here is swimable water bodies not what the next GP lol so can we please focus on this
    icmnfrsh wrote: »
    I mean, I have no experience in game development, but if they already have the programming for ocean/lake swimming, how hard would it be to retroactively apply it to previous worlds? If the water's too shallow, the world people can adjust it to make it swimmable and make sure the swimming programming can be copied over

I really hope so because some people said some Guru tweeted that they can't figure how to make old worlds water bodies swimable (I think I saw the tweet somewhere but that was months ago)

I really hope so because some people said some Guru tweeted that they can't figure how to make old worlds water bodies swimable (I think I saw the tweet somewhere but that was months ago)

Well that's disappointing. I'll have to think about whether such a pack would be worth buying, depending on what else it offers to make up for that

• CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member

They said they would have to create a different terrain (ocean) for a world like WB so being logical do you think they would go to the cost of making WB have a swimable ocean retroactively? I sort of doubt that, and I would 'assume' they would just go forward and just build new terrains for new worlds or a destination spot like in game packs like OR instead of spending time and money going back to correct WB or the ocean in the new world in C&D. You would think Sims should have been able to get into the water in the world in C&D but they can't so don't hold out hope any of this would be retroactive.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • NeiaNeia Posts: 4,190 Member
    There are tons of things that would interest me more in a beach vacation GP than swimming in the ocean, like building sandcastles or playing in the sand, relaxing, beach volley or tennis, or even playing in the waves. I don't need that in the old worlds though, so I couldn't care less if they don't make the body of water swimmable in the old worlds.