Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can Someone Please Explain Vending Machines?

The food vending machine from Get to Work and the pet treats vending machines from Cats & Dogs are really cool ideas, but I'm having great difficulty with them.

I can't figure out how to get food from the GtW one. I click "Buy Snack" and the pastry and premade meal options are grayed out. When I hover over them it says "No available fridge". Then when I add a fridge, there is still no option to get them. Do they only work on bakery retail lots along with the warming rack and ice box?

The pet treats machine is more of a complaint than an issue. I understand that vets must make treats and stock the machines. However, this is really dumb because, what if we want to buy treats for our pets from like a "dog park" lot? I think there is a "give treat" option in the social menu, but still, it would be nice to be able to purchase them from the machine any time.
Origin ID: Okest3r_13 Check out my Sims 4 creations!

Comments

• RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,850 Member
    the get to work one may just be glitched and you might be able to fix it if you repair game, if you go to the clinic already there you can always buy treats you just have to restock your own vending machines if you own a clinic.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • okesterokester Posts: 4,136 Member
    But if I add a pet treats machine to a lot, will it already be stocked?
  • AndiratymeAndiratyme Posts: 728 Member
    edited December 2017
    okester wrote: »

Nope. The only pre-stocked pet treat vending machine is in the Maxis vet as long as you don't own it. Once you own the lot the vending machine becomes empty.
    Thanks for the help ^_^

I will repair my game and see if the regular vending machine will work properly.
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    The Get to Work vending machine requires a microwave to make 2 of the options. The pet machine will be stocked as long as it is NPC-owned.
  • EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,936 Member
    edited December 2017
    Andiratyme wrote: »

Nope. The only pre-stocked pet treat vending machine is in the Maxis vet as long as you don't own it. Once you own the lot the vending machine becomes empty.

Actually, the pre-stocked vending machines are only found in the vet clinics as these treats are meant for making pets ill, well, age up and down and to resurrect dead pets. If you own the pre-made vet clinic, it is empty. If nobody owns the vet clinic and you have your sim buy a treat there, all the treats are there and you can buy as many as you like.

The food vending machine from Get to Work and the pet treats vending machines from Cats & Dogs are really cool ideas, but I'm having great difficulty with them.

I can't figure out how to get food from the GtW one. I click "Buy Snack" and the pastry and premade meal options are grayed out. When I hover over them it says "No available fridge". Then when I add a fridge, there is still no option to get them. Do they only work on bakery retail lots along with the warming rack and ice box?

The pet treats machine is more of a complaint than an issue. I understand that vets must make treats and stock the machines. However, this is really dumb because, what if we want to buy treats for our pets from like a "dog park" lot? I think there is a "give treat" option in the social menu, but still, it would be nice to be able to purchase them from the machine any time.

Does the lot have any microwave? These two things you can't choose require the microwawe instead, not fridge. I'll have to test it out and see if it says fridge for me.
    Edit. Now it said it needs a microwave and a fridge. Putting the microwave didn't help at all. It still requires a fridge, even through there is one on the lot and it doesn't usually need one. Maybe this was made so it cannot be used outside of the workplaces. Or maybe you should move this under the Bugs and Gameplay Issues category as I do see it as a glitch.
  • tinkerbell3552tinkerbell3552 Posts: 104 Member
    I think the vending machine for vets is so annoying. It's such a good moneymaker, but it's a pain to make the treats one at a time to stock it. My sims never have time and I never have time or remember to direct my hired vets to help because I'm too busy running the clinic. I really wish it was either faster or you could just buy the treats to stock the machine like you can order seeds or books.
  • FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    edited December 2017
    I think the vending machine for vets is so annoying. It's such a good moneymaker, but it's a pain to make the treats one at a time to stock it. My sims never have time and I never have time or remember to direct my hired vets to help because I'm too busy running the clinic. I really wish it was either faster or you could just buy the treats to stock the machine like you can order seeds or books.

I found the best way to stock it is this: Get 3 vets, level them up to 10, and then have them spend one day a week making the ambrosia treats. You don't get charged the $300, and you get a lot of treats. You just have to make sure to instruct them ASAP after they finish. I wish I could just tell them, okay, today you're making treats, but no, I have to tell them each time.
  • JestinaJestina Posts: 1,609 Member
    I know the one at the hospital was a bad idea because if I don't constantly micromanage my hospital working sims, they'll spend nearly their entire paycheck on the vending machine.
  • dizzydee_kdizzydee_k Posts: 475 Member
    The GTW Vending machine has been somewhat broken since C&D. It should need a microwave not a fridge. You should be able to still buy sandwiches or soda.
    I do have a microwave on the lot, but still no option to buy the meals (although if a fridge is also available, they can cook them in the microwave). I guess they'll just have to deal with only having sandwiches and soda.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member

I think there is a stocked version in the buy debug section.
  • SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,226 Member
    Jestina wrote: »
    I know the one at the hospital was a bad idea because if I don't constantly micromanage my hospital working sims, they'll spend nearly their entire paycheck on the vending machine.

Or chatting. Or wandering off to get water. I usually let mine get away with going off to take out the trash at the beginning of her shift, just because a clean hospital seems like a good idea.

image.png
  • SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,226 Member
    dizzydee_k wrote: »
    The GTW Vending machine has been somewhat broken since C&D. It should need a microwave not a fridge. You should be able to still buy sandwiches or soda.

Guess I got lucky then. I've been able to use that vending machine since C&D.

image.png
  • ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I haven't played the GTW careers actively in a while so I don't know about that one. I know that it was right that some of the foods need a microwave. Since Parenthood, I usually try to have most of my sims bring food from home. The vending machine is a back up in case they forgot or didn't have time.

As for the C&D vending machine, I don't play actively as a vet at this point. It is good to know that if I do then the vending machine may not automatically stock itself anymore. Most of my households are getting pets now, so I visit the vet as a patient quite a lot. Sometimes the vet's office works well and sometimes it is a bit bugged. The appointments don't always complete fully. Sometimes the vet or vet tech will just stand there with the pet patient on the pet bed but they won't complete the spay/neuter or shot. I then have to just send the owner and pet home and try again later, when it usually works.

I am very glad to see that they've fixed the preventative shot because that really needed to happen. As for the vet vending machine, I've said this but I'd like to see a few "regular" treats in the machine. Currently the only one that I buy is the wellness treat or I'll give them the $5-$10 treats. It would be great if we could give them a few more varied treats and if the vet sold those, my owners would buy them.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • Destiny_MysimfriendDestiny_Mysimfriend Posts: 2 New Member
    Well, I own the Maxis lot. Since I own it, how do I get Pet Treats if I open the Vending Machine and it's empty?
  • Destiny_MysimfriendDestiny_Mysimfriend Posts: 2 New Member
    Oh, I found out how. All you do is go to a vet clinic and click the vending machine, then buy treats.
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    I have a couple who run a vet clinic on their own. One looks after the patients while the other makes the treats.