Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Please sit down and enjoy the show already...Ugh!!!!

It is so very frustrating that no matter how much I am desperately trying to play SIMS 4 as a brand new Sims iteration, completely void of the best aspects of sims 2/3, I cannot get past the stupidity of the inability to do the simplest of the things that only make complete sense (no matter what iteration it is.)

Why tell me why cannot my sims sit and watch karaoke/comedy/music shows? Why. You tell me. When I have painstakingly designed very luxurious lots (with ample chairs/stools/couches to sit their backsides into), why won't they freaking sit and enjoy the show? UGH!!!

Nope. The sims are like "Yeah, that chair may very well be a environment score of 6, but I'm more comfortable standing right here in front of the comedian."

Sit down already! That goes for my movie theaters as well! This point here is beyond annoying to me. UGH!!!!!

END of Rant

Comments

• MendotaMendota Posts: 794 Member
    I have to agree with this one. Even though I prefer many things in Sims 4, the inability to sit down does drive me crazy and the team seems oblivious to this. Now my sims can't even start a conversation at the dining table without getting up to hug each other...? Who came up with this birdbrained idea?!!!
  • cameronw209cameronw209 Posts: 1,497 Member
    It is so very frustrating that no matter how much I am desperately trying to play SIMS 4 as a brand new Sims iteration, completely void of the best aspects of sims 2/3, I cannot get past the stupidity of the inability to do the simplest of the things that only make complete sense (no matter what iteration it is.)

Why tell me why cannot my sims sit and watch karaoke/comedy/music shows? Why. You tell me. When I have painstakingly designed very luxurious lots (with ample chairs/stools/couches to sit their backsides into), why won't they freaking sit and enjoy the show? UGH!!!

Nope. The sims are like "Yeah, that chair may very well be a environment score of 6, but I'm more comfortable standing right here in front of the comedian."

Sit down already! That goes for my movie theaters as well! This point here is beyond annoying to me. UGH!!!!!

END of Rant

For things like watching comedy and others play music, there's no coding in the XML's for Sims to sit. I've actually modded this in my game so that Sims will always attempt to sit when watching performances because it's something I'd prefer. Karaoke does have coding to sit, but it's not very strong, meaning that if a Sim watches karaoke, sometimes they'll sit and sometimes they'll stand.
    Mendota wrote: »
    I have to agree with this one. Even though I prefer many things in Sims 4, the inability to sit down does drive me crazy and the team seems oblivious to this. Now my sims can't even start a conversation at the dining table without getting up to hug each other...? Who came up with this birdbrained idea?!!!

That's a bug and has been raised here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Game-Information/Huggy-greetings-and-disappearing-placemats/td-p/6425524
  • RexZhengRexZheng Posts: 201 Member

It's because the game requires you to 'greet' one another to start a conversation. And hugging is one of the greetings.
  • PolluxSimsPolluxSims Posts: 318 Member
    Maybe turn autonomy off and make them sit, and turn it back on when the show is over? I know that would probably be annoying too, but this way you know they'll sit.
    Read my Sawyer Legacy Simlit on Wordpress
    - Origin ID: PolluxSims -
  • kingkong192kingkong192 Posts: 953 Member
    I agree and the constant musical chairs at dinner too
  • So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member
    I agree and the constant musical chairs at dinner too

You can find posts from the day the game released on this issue and it still hasn't been addressed in a satisfactory manner.
  • Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member

END of Rant

For things like watching comedy and others play music, there's no coding in the XML's for Sims to sit. I've actually modded this in my game so that Sims will always attempt to sit when watching performances because it's something I'd prefer. Karaoke does have coding to sit, but it's not very strong, meaning that if a Sim watches karaoke, sometimes they'll sit and sometimes they'll stand.

That's a bug and has been raised here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Game-Information/Huggy-greetings-and-disappearing-placemats/td-p/6425524

Did you make the mod and is it uploaded anywhere?

I've noticed my sims will sometimes sit for karaoke.. one of my biggest pet peeves though.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    For movie theaters, I had to push the screen as close as I could to the chairs before anyone would sit. They need to increase the viewing distance, imo, especially on the Movie Hangout tvs.
  • Rukola_SchaafRukola_Schaaf Posts: 3,065 Member
    @djacquelynstew

END of Rant
    the funny thing with TS4 sims is
    they have the irresistible urge to sit only when they casually talk to each other :joy:

like when two sims meet on the street, there is a bench several meters aways from that spot, normal human being would stand where they've met & talk but TS4 sims ? nope, they have to go to that bench & sit there before they can engage further in talking or even worse, one sim remains standing while the other has to sit, even if it means that they talk with each other with the distance of those several meters between them & one has to crane the neck because he sits now with the back turned to the other sim

@cameronw209

it doesn't seem to be a bug, it was reported as a bug but was replied to as intentional game design
    posted by a guru @EA_Mai
    Thanks, @Lyoufln!
    :smiley: your Sims are really affectionate!
    However, I can see how having them get up from the table to hug each other can be disturbing. Thanks for the feedback! I'll forward it to the team.

a situation from my game illustrates how isane this feature playes
    2ugeb2o.jpg
    2ljm3hs.jpg
    wlx74j.jpg
    x3y493.jpg
    13za0sw.jpg

i won't be participating in the forums & the gallery anymore - thanks EA
  • djacquelynstewdjacquelynstew Posts: 641 Member
    edited December 2017
    @cameronw209
    " I've actually modded this in my game so that Sims will always attempt to sit when watching performances"

Have you made this mod available for download by chance? I'm willing to try anything at this point.

I am really trying to find reasons to get my sims out of the house, and without sociable lots to visit, what is the point? Even dates don't work because you can't be into each other without other sims intruding. and, if it were not for certain mod traits, even the lot types designed for particular activities don't always work as intended, and the sims do anything but.

I'm so frustrated at this. I really want to be able to utilize sims 4 while waiting for it to become all that I believe/or am hoping it will become. But I tell you EA/Maxis, these broken issues make it hard.
    @Rukola_Schaaf oh, right. I hadn't seen the response. It does seem as though the hugging interaction has been nerfed a bit since the C&D update. I don't remember Sims getting up to hug each other while eating as often as they do now.

@djacquelynstew @Zeldaboy180 I haven't uploaded my mod anywhere yet, but I'll look into putting it on modthesims at some point. I've never uploaded a mod before, lol.

@djacquelynstew @Zeldaboy180 I haven't uploaded my mod anywhere yet, but I'll look into putting it on modthesims at some point. I've never uploaded a mod before, lol.

Thanks, I'll keep an eye out for if you ever do upload it. I for one would be downloading ;)
  • lisken0221lisken0221 Posts: 116 Member
    I solved the problem of watching movies and sitting down together by creating a "movie maven club"
  • MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    TS4 sims have ants in their pants.
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • simmerLellasimmerLella Posts: 613 Member
    SO MUCH THIS.

And I I love(d) Planet Honeypop because it's so pretty but that stage does not work. All the Sims stand on the stage to chat or watch the karaoke (or sing, then keep standing there until someone else sings) AGGGHHH. Most of my Sims wouldn't watch karaoke unless on the stage, inches from the singer. RARRRRRRGGHH!!!*

I wasted maybe hours experimenting to add some "fencing" that wasn't fencing or hideous but still really odd looking. I had to pretty much wreck the original design of that room. I couldn't bring myself to just delete the stage though, especially since the whole "blueprint" was based around the non-foundation + stage thang. I appreciate that original effort. (I wish the same were in the karaoke coding ... did the teams even talk???)

SIT! SIT AND WATCH!

And with a karaoke bar, get a drink, bring it to a table, and SIT!!!! (The drink is important.)

Increasing the view range is seriously needed.

(*BTW, I don't get why people say this game is relaxing and "casual." This game might as well have popups, "your Sim's brain has died." It's frustrating and stressful, but I am an anxious person.)
    "Challenge everything"
    My Game Twitter
    tumblr_inline_pwgxs3dfiz1t4sbjh_500.jpg
    EA, fix the EA app & CAW EIG!
    @simmerLella
    "And with a karaoke bar, get a drink, bring it to a table, and SIT!!!! (The drink is important.)"

Yes Yes Yes!!! We build these nice bar type establishments yet its gonna be one or the other, never both, because that would make too much sense right. I thought the sims were all about Multitasking
  • Rukola_SchaafRukola_Schaaf Posts: 3,065 Member
    @lisken0221
    lisken0221 wrote: »
    I solved the problem of watching movies and sitting down together by creating a "movie maven club"
    what sort of a lot are you using ? or do you mean at sims' home ?

i made a cinema, movie theater on a cafe lot & sims cruise constantly between ordering & watching movies
    i had to forbid to eat & drink probably :confused:

i won't be participating in the forums & the gallery anymore - thanks EA
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,560 Member
    The weddings. Guests don't sit, instead some of them decide it's totally cool to stand under the arch, sometimes between the couple! In one household, I've found that the family will sit down to watch TV, so there's a start anyway. Now, if they could just seat themselves so the wedding can begin … Face/palm.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
    @Zeldaboy180 @djacquelynstew

mod's up: http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=604394

Let me know if you have any issues with it :)

I just saw it, <3 and was coming here to post a link. I thanked you over there, but let me take a moment and give you a big ol heartfelt Thank you<3. Can't wait to plop it in my game tomorrow. you are an angel o:)
  • TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member

Thank you very much! I've been wanting a feature like this for ages. It amazes me that sims sits when they market the game but not in-game lol.

Again Thank you very much!