Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Am I a Retired Simmer Now?

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    Simtown15 wrote: »
    samemie wrote: »
    samemie wrote: »
    Another update: I'm really bored. I tried writing a story, but I don't feel like it anymore. I just don't feel like doing anything.

It really is okay to take a break from sims for a while, even if it's a long time. Even if you never come back... we all grow out of things sometimes. Unless you meant you don't feel like literally anything? What other stuff do you enjoy?

I actually meant not anything. There were a bunch of holiday specials and I watched none of them. I just didn't feel like it. I also like roleplaying; I just started one about a minute ago. The problem is it requires at least 1 other person.

I don't want to pry or jump to conclusions, but... if you've lost interest in pretty much everything, are you sure there's not another bigger issue at play?

I did have severe depression in the past (until about 18 months ago). Maybe it's coming back.

Do you live in the northern hemisphere and have a problem with less sun at this time of year? I have a special light which helps with SAD (Seasonal affective disorder) that helps me. More vitamin D3 as well. You might have end of year blues which is a real thing for some people.
  • Options
    Simtown15Simtown15 Posts: 3,952 Member
    edited December 2017
    I'm back to where I started. I deleted an entire Sims 4 file- again. In TS3, I have no saves going. I feel meh about TS4 and I want to play TS3, but due to Nraas, everyone in town is a cheater pants. Besides, I've done pretty much every career track that interests me, including self employment.
    Post edited by Simtown15 on
  • Options
    DarkSuperNinjaDarkSuperNinja Posts: 1,204 Member
    edited December 2017
    Honestly, I haven't played in months. I go through phases where I play every day, and then phases when I don't play for over a year! xD

And @Simtown15 I can totally relate. For some reason, when I'm starting to have an episode of the good ol' depression, my interest with Sims/any Open-World games are the first thing to go. No clue why!

I have the same problem with TS3 too; I absolutely love it, but I've literally done everything that can be done in every pack I have, which is all of them! :/
  • Options
    I have good news! I've finally settled on a Sims 3 household. I'm still searching for 1 for Sims 4, but I want to do something outside normal gameplay. Any suggestions?
  • Options
    CororonCororon Posts: 4,276 Member
    I'm very attached to my sims, but I need inspiration to play. I often take long breaks from playing, but I hang around on sim forums and look for new CC. I like making poses and editing screenshots! That way the game becomes soooo much bigger, because you can use your imagination and make your sims do anything! You can write sim stories, comics... :smiley:
    cUrfGkA.gif
  • Options
    poetisimpoetisim Posts: 53 Member
    @Simtown15 I know others have already mentioned challenges, and you're not that fond of CAS.
    But you did say you enjoy watching YouTube videos - have you ever considered making a simming YouTube channel? I've just recently decided to make one, mostly because I want to share all of my stories with the community, but also because it's something new and different and should keep things interesting. I also kind of like the idea of it keeping me accountable to continue playing longer with a single family (such as in a Let's Play series) because I too tend to lose interest.
    Another thing that keeps me interested and invested in my sims is creating detailed backstories for them. Even though the game itself can't really acknowledge the backstories in a meaningful way, it still gives more meaning to the actions of my sims in my mind.
    I'll also echo that taking a break can be really beneficial.
    I hope some of this helps!
    For CAS, Speed Builds, and Let's Plays:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCln6m_LCvUVSErEWIKBP7_Q
  • Options
    @poetisim Actually, I just started a channel 2 days ago!
  • Options
    I was right. I'm having another episode of depression. It feels dreary even though it's a beautiful day out on my Orlando vacation. Earlier, I started crying for no good reason.
  • Options
    samemiesamemie Posts: 1,623 Member
    I was right. I'm having another episode of depression. It feels dreary even though it's a beautiful day out on my Orlando vacation. Earlier, I started crying for no good reason.

That sucks :( Is there someone in RL you can talk to to get help, or are you already getting it? Wish I could give you advice but I'm afraid I have none.