Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What is you favorite type of family to play?

catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
This is about how you like to play your families.

What is you favorite type of family to play? 403 votes

Single
16%
SimsprocfunAyradyssKjrockPlayershadyladynzjoelygirlsims2Mizz_TriceyKartaiJnyxBagoas77g01denswanNeverSeemsToEndNivyxmock68VageniusJennyggPurpleSweetTartOLDGREEKSim2Sporeellabrodey9fullspiral 67 votes
Married (childless)
1%
kemiszaero2491Ravager619LoriTSpBabySquareAshtontoAshton22paradiseplanet 7 votes
Married (1child)
6%
EvalenimhappyNinoosimLolaLuvsSimsphantasmkisslrnblsm98Lex2221TRiiNAKiiNSEmmaVanerambahadoerFrancl27mousemuffinannaliese39dancingindiorSo_MoneyFlyingPotato659RebeccaLynnSimtown15Anjolaoluwasphoenixstar188 28 votes
Married ( 2-4 children)
49%
Akl500Pauroraael14vancanuckfan86cameronw209icmnfrshJadeleinepoeticnebulaJaiSeaBluefairy286Goth583Emily4331CheesySimsLoverdjacquelynstewjeepjeepcatalexspoom13alan650111aprilrosexbecky685xJBAG521missmani09 200 votes
Married (more than 4 children)
12%
Celticgamer0meggera007TaraWinksSimpatsyannMeteoraStormStrangerthanNihmoPeachesnDucksCynnaSimQueenie9tacheira209fruitsbasket101BluelleVuloriladybreidSimfan923Katiardguezorkhid22Dreamie209ernesdo 50 votes
Single with a children (how many)
7%
IceyJsimlish1SerenityRulesinvisiblgirlAlysha1988friendlysimmersDeandylanmarbergChanty25emperorq52duhboy2u2Dreamie209NC09I4pinkishcollegemommaof3SimsLovinLycanCementSiriBBsunlotusTiaDog 31 votes
Couple, not married
2%
UmbralFlowerApparentlyAwesomepinkknight06taydevTrashDeBluncElenPinkBusufumikamakimonFirandesimgumdropdeadnaru 11 votes
Couple, not married with children (how many)
2%
Colorist40alanmichael1NezImanidogboy678SimReviewsSoulPunkSophiaBlissTodilooKiara_kitten 9 votes

Comments

• Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited December 2017
    I like playing married supernaturals the most I think. It is just fun to see how their lineage will turn out especially when I have played with hybrids before. I also the the challenge of running a full household whether it has toddlers or pets in it.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    facesquishedfacesquished Posts: 2 New Member
    Married (1child)
    I like playing as a single person while I build my skills, career and work on myself first. Then maybe I'll find a baby maker. I don't really care about the spouse really ahaha just want my genes in the child and the extra income lol.
  • Options
    CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    Single
    i've been playing the same sim since I got the game. A few times I tried to play out a family or a married couple and I dunno, it's just not for me
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,341 Member
    edited December 2017
    Married ( 2-4 children)
    I enjoy playing "patchworkfamilies" where one or both partners bring a child from an earlier relationship, then they may or may not have kids together and perhaps also adopt/foster another one. Sooner or later these couples will marry, that's why I voted "married". But in the beginning they will live together unmarried for a long time. You'd think there'd be a lot of conflict within these families, but there isn't, because I want that better than life experience where a family acts as a close-knit unit and defines itself by their bond instead of by their blood.

EDIT: Actually my favourite type of household is 4-6 roommates, everything from college students sharing a dorm to tourists lost in primeval forests. Family play comes second for me. But this poll was about families, so I voted for my favourite type of family.
    Post edited by EnkiSchmidt on
  • Options
    SimsLovinLycanSimsLovinLycan Posts: 1,910 Member
    I play single sims a lot, but really my favorite families to play are single, working parents and two parent households where both parents work full-time outside of the home with a kid or three. Mainly, this is because I couldn't play that kind of household at all in TS2 without having to endure either the busybody social worker or the lazy, inept nanny. Now, I can create more realistic families that actually function instead of being forced into having to choose between a traditional nuclear family with one parent who stays at home with the kids, working parents and a worthless nanny who does nothing all day but watch T.V. and run up a bill, or having my kids confiscated by an overzealous civil servant just because. I love the versatility of TS4's family structures so much...*happy sigh*
    There is a song I hear, a melody from the past...
    5MNZlGQ.gif
    When I woke for the first time, when I slept for the last.
  • Options
    AstreonAstreon Posts: 1,291 Member
    Single
    I like playing single households most. I dunno, it might have to do with how I live in real life. I’m much more comfortable being alone and having the freedom to do what I want in my own digs (I’m quite the lone wolf). Most of my single households aren’t exactly single though. I like to have pets for them, as I do in real life as well.
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    Single
    I voted single, but about half the time I do a couple of roomies so they have some company, whether in TS2 or 4. Life alone can be a real bummer.
  • Options
    ApparentlyAwesomeApparentlyAwesome Posts: 1,523 Member
    Couple, not married
    Even though I love to start off with a single sim or multiple single sim friends in a household I love to have them either establish their careers first or along the way of becoming established in their careers meeting someone and or multiple someone's until they meet "the one", become engaged and move into a place together.

That's my favorite part, playing the sims I love and as a couple. Sometimes they'll start off as roommates, sometimes they live separately and eventually move in together whether engaged or just boyfriend/girlfriend or whatever, but I like playing couples a tiny bit more than single sims. While I may have my sims date EA townies or my created townies, I always make a sim who will become their husband/wife. Rarely do I have my sims have lasting relationships with the pre-made sims in town or sims I made to be townies.

I do check in on my townies occasionally though. Those are the only sims I create that I don't mind marrying the pre-made sims in town. I also enjoy playing siblings sharing a house or an apartment and families in general.
    KqGXVAC.jpg
  • Options
    Dreamie209Dreamie209 Posts: 3,165 Member
    edited December 2017
    I'm torn between the married with 4 children (sometimes there's multiples in the mix) and singles with kids. Because I also love the hectic setting of a single mother (or father) just serving with 2-3 kids (possibly more down the line) and yet still manages to make it through, sometimes they become bad eggs, sometimes they become really responsible individuals, but that's the beauty of it that I love <3.

I think that's why my favorite families in TS2 were the Broke, Dreamer, and Pleasant family. Since weather the family had two parents or one, there were always troubles.

Brandi grieving her husband as a single mom with two boys and one unexpected on the way. As a kid just getting TS2 after playing TS1, I was just happy for the dollhouse effect of the game...But after actually playing a family like that really put a scenario I never dreamed of. In some saves, Dustin becomes a good kid, gets his act together and goes to college while Brandi remarries and gets Beau and the "unammed child" (I usually name him Skip jr. lol) into a private school. Or I could let Dustin go down a very bad path (well not tooo bad, don't want him to get taken away :lol: ) and Brandi finally decides to kick him out after he drops out of school. Daniel then refuses for his daughter to ever date such a kid and Dustin moves in alone in dirty apartment, but then that's when I decide It's up to me

Then there's Daniel Pleasant cheating that pretty much at the start of the game and Mary-Sue who comes home :lol: it gets pretty crazy and in some ways. For one example, their relationship was fully red, and so Mary-Sue finally divorced Daniel. Daniel's worst fear came true and met and the doctor came down from the sky (I freaking loved that feature :lol: ) after feeling so broken. Mary-Sue then kicked Daniel out but soon regretted it since the girls became really wild. Lilly spent more time at Dirk's house, since he felt more like family to her. Angela would mostly fight with her dad in shame of him. And well the list goes on :lol:

"Every family has a story" <--is the play I pretty much do. Weather they were created in CAS or if they were born in game through a long line of generations. There's a story in there just waiting to be told <3.
    Post edited by Dreamie209 on
    tumblr_p0kj4y5zKY1rz1zglo1_1280.png
    Fun Times, Cherished Memories, All under one Dream. Visit: The Dreamhouse and AbbyDreams
  • Options
    ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    Married ( 2-4 children)
    I actually play multiple types of households. Eventually, they usually marry and have one or several children. I generally don't let them have more than that, though I have let one household where it kind of fit the story line. I'm not really into playing a house with more than a couple of kids though, so that's my most common maximum.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited December 2017
    I miss ‘all of them’. Cause I don’t have a preference, I like to vary and can’t say one composition is more or less fun than the other.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    Couple, not married with children (how many)
    I'm always too lazy for that chaotic wedding :D.
  • Options
    keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    I agree with @JoAnne65 all of them..lol
  • Options
    LoriTSpLoriTSp Posts: 451 Member
    Married (childless)
    I bounce between single, 2 roommates & married but child free. I find with the addition of pets, I'm less likely to have children with my sims, therefore, they can concentrate on their careers and aspirations.
  • Options
    NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    Married ( 2-4 children)
    I play legacy files. So I usually have 3 to 4 children. I also play matching my own faith values, so no kids beforec marriage.
  • Options
    DominicLaurenceDominicLaurence Posts: 3,398 Member
    I'm game for any dysfunctional families haha
    ID: StGerris
    Legacy Photomode
  • Options
    MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    I enjoy playing various variations.

Sometimes, I'll play a couple, with at least one of their siblings, and/or parents, and their child, or two.

Nuclear families are boring, extended families are more fun.
    Singles alone are boring, a mix of singles, couples and sometimes kids, is more fun.

I also like to have 4-8 sims in my households, less is boring.
    I'm game for any dysfunctional families haha
    This is also fun.
    I have one family that has step kids, half siblings, a new wife, and a husband with a roving eye.
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • Options
    Katie123Katie123 Posts: 925 Member
    i have a lot of families that are single parents either female or male with a toddler or 6 lol it's so much fun and keeps me busy playing for hours!
    tumblr_n25chlaSo01rrajoto1_500.gif

Katie123
  • Options
    CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    edited December 2017
    I like all types of families. But my favorite was a married couple with with six kids and two dogs. It was a blast to play. Still is.
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • Options
    TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member
    edited December 2017
    Married ( 2-4 children)
    I voted having 2-4 children. I want to create drama in my game. Once they are teenagers, I am going to make sure my sims want different for the rest of their lives, full of family riots. Especially if one is a fussy toddler, another is a mean child, then your teenage sim who hates his parents plus a dog. It makes the game interesting with me abd keeps me away from getting bored. Not to mention if I am bored with my sim I will turn them into a vampire ir just set an "accidental" fire. :)
  • Options
    Clementine_TeaClementine_Tea Posts: 20 Member
    Single
    Single, usually. Every now and then I have my sims get married. Usually, when my Sims get married, I go child-free.
    tumblr_n43w4pCOm11sf2cljo1_400.jpg
  • Options
    starcrunchstarcrunch Posts: 672 Member
    edited December 2017
    My families are pretty chaotic, a lot of broken homes and unhappy families splintering as the center can't hold. Most of my rare traditional families have a pretty dark nucleus and often are involved in criminal enterprises. Most of my Sims are good Sims in bad situations or just bad Sims in any variety of situation.

I find little enjoyment playing good Sims in good situations, which is kind of depressing when I put it that way.

ETA: one exception - I do play the Goths in my rotation regularly, and they're pretty much a perfect family in a good situation.
    OriginID: CrunchedStars
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited December 2017
    Married ( 2-4 children)
    I enjoy playing married couple that have 2 kids or more but I am often playing single sims who will eventually marry to get up their skills and careers before they do marry - so that way they can spend more family time without skilling or doing much job work from home. So I probably play more single sims until I get enough families to keep me busy. LOL. I like a lot of households eventually.

Before I reset my game when C&D came out I had 35 families I was rotating. But I wanted a reset of the game after all the recoding - so I saved that folder safely away and right now I am working between two single households and hoping they become more than just friends. Sometimes it works but I never steer their direction - I like them to sort of chose - so who knows if this is a match or not.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    edited December 2017
    Married ( 2-4 children)
    This is about how you like to play your families.

Currently, I have this many kids in the Parker family tree. I usually have my sims try until they get a son, but I was okay with first generation having the two daughters. Especially since there's a 12 day age-gap between the two sisters. (note: Two of the children in third generation haven't officially arrived yet, but they'll be born later or tomorrow EST)
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    my sims are single with 2 kids sometime 3
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(