Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Worth it?

I have a ps 4 and love the sims. I play on my Mac. I never liked the sims on consoles however this is different. Is it worth it or should I just stick with my Mac? Pros and cons please.

Comments

• NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    edited December 2017
    We returned it after only a week. The controls were a big reason why for us, well that and no gallery. I prefer the mouse and keyboard controls.
  • rekandtrsrekandtrs Posts: 1,017 Member
    Depends on what you’re into. I have it for Xbox one and i absolutely love it. Yes there are glitches, but there’s glitches on pc as well so that’s nothing new... but i played all sims games on pc but my pc is not working right now and don’t really have the funds to buy a new one and play the game at the highest settings i enjoy. So the console version will do. And I’ll probably just stick to playing the sims on console for the rest of the time being. The controls do take some time getting used to but they aren’t unbearable. As long as you have patience it’s not a big issue. There is no gallery at the moment like stated before. But that doesn’t mean there’s not going to be a gallery forever. Hopefully it will be added sometime another. In the meantime I’ve really got into building, which i didn’t on the pc version cause i was lazy and downloaded everyone else’s builds. Lol. The console version is a direct port of the pc version for the first time ever. So what you can do in game on the pc is the same for console. It really goes with how you like to control the game. Hopefully the game for console will be full on keyboard compatible on console. But only time will tell. I hope for it to at least be an option in the future.
  • rekandtrsrekandtrs Posts: 1,017 Member
    Pros: It’s just like the pc game. Honestly. And has great graphics which is awesome for people that have been playing on pc but haven’t got to enjoy high end graphics.

Cons: controls, and no gallery at the moment, and you have to wait for the packs to be ported over.
  • floralneyfloralney Posts: 230 Member
    Pros: Same as the PC version, high graphics, packs are being ported quickly
    Cons: No CC, no mods, no gallery (but they did mention a gallery is a future possibility)

I personally got used to the controls quickly, so they weren't a problem for me except for the build and buy controls getting glitchy at times, but that'll probably get fixed in an update. It's definitely a nice game if you choose to buy it.
  • Kartel112Kartel112 Posts: 17 Member
    Pros great graphics same as pc gameplay is awsome you will get use to the controls after awhile it's not that hard and the packs are being ported over which is also great

Cons: i don't like building houses I like to get other people to build them and I use em I don't have the patience so no gallery which is a mess but hopfully in the future it gets added I can do without cc I'm ok with that but others want it

Overall: not bad at all
  • Jinx23Jinx23 Posts: 436 Member
    I have the game for xbox and I am having a blast. I have not played the sims since TS2, and I am enjoying this version. There are a few glitches, but I am hoping once they release a patch hopefully most of them will be taken care of.
  • crashhat141crashhat141 Posts: 90 Member
    It's the same game basically, but the console version has too many problems right now to be enjoyable. Maybe down the road once they fix the problems you could get it, bit I would say stick to the pc version.
    Pros: first time ever the console gets a direct pc port.
    Cons: problems, problems, problems
  • Simsfan99111Simsfan99111 Posts: 1,260 Member
    I would recomend it as i am having alot of fun playing it. Ive got more into the sims 4 on console then i ever have on pc and i own all the packs on pc and none on the console so thats saying something! Obviously pc is better as its smoother and alot less buggy but console version looks great. I personally havnt had any issues at all with the controls, it suprised me so many others do if im honest. Hopefully eventually all the issues and bugs will get sorted out.
    The majority of people complaining are pc players which I understand since switching to a controller is weird I would Imagine. I also HATED the controls, but once I got used to switching to cursor after tapping on something, the controls were no longer a problem. I still dont understand why they addedtwo control types, makes no sense when the cursor can literally do everything
  • Simsfan99111Simsfan99111 Posts: 1,260 Member
    The majority of people complaining are pc players which I understand since switching to a controller is weird I would Imagine. I also HATED the controls, but once I got used to switching to cursor after tapping on something, the controls were no longer a problem. I still dont understand why they addedtwo control types, makes no sense when the cursor can literally do everything

I agree about the 2 control types. Would be easier to just use the cursor for every thing
  • DerryGuyDerryGuy Posts: 1 New Member
    I’m loving it. Haven’t played a Sims game since Sims 1 or 2 on PC years and years ago. Always wanted to play more of it but never have a powerful PC. I’m more of a console gamer. I was worried reading about the controls issues beforehand and had the game on my shelf there for a few weeks. Was busy with work so wanted to get that out of the way before opening my new games. But just opened it at the weekend and not really sure where the controls issues are tbh. I’m on PS4 so not sure if it’s different on Xbox.
    But slightly surprised at the controls issues people are having, even IGN giving the game a low score because of it.

Anyway, honestly loving it. Was just looking at expansion packs out for the PC today. That Get To Work one looks good, any sign of that coming across to consoles?
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    We returned it after only a week. The controls were a big reason why for us, well that and no gallery. I prefer the mouse and keyboard controls.

What were you playing it on Xbox or ps4?
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

edited January 2018
    Well apart from the bugs which for me are mostly with dine out and not having mods/CC/Gallery
    I think its the best console sims I have ever seen. The console games were always very poor for TS2/TS3

If we had a gallery and cc/mods and less bugs it would be a perfect port

If you play on ps4 you can toggle the settings to use the curser. I use it on building and creating sims. Tho at times it can be buggy

edited January 2018
    marcel21 wrote: »

We own the ps4 pro. My teen was too frustrated with it after trying it for only a week. She returned it for a refund because it was her money that purchased it. I personally will only ever play the PC version as I require the MCCC mod and the online gallery for the game. When my daughter learned I could build more in 30 minutes on PC than she could on console, it was easy to dislike the console version.

Its the same with me I always use the curser option. So much better to build and create sims since doing so :)

marcel21 wrote: »

We own the ps4 pro. My teen was too frustrated with it after trying it for only a week. She returned it for a refund because it was her money that purchased it. I personally will only ever play the PC version as I require the MCCC mod and the online gallery for the game. When my daughter learned I could build more in 30 minutes on PC than she could on console, it was easy to dislike the console version.

Its a shame she did not practice a bit more with the curser. I can build at the same speed as I could with the PC but only after a week of practice.

I wouldn't reccomenced the game to anybody who wants the gallery/cc/mods

It seems a lot of players came from the PC version.

@marcel21

She has much more to do than practice video game controls. She still is in High School and also works a part time job. She said the console version was not relaxing for her.
  • NineyNiney Posts: 341 Member
    Don’t have much to say, if you’re a PC-Gamer so go for PC
    8D254E7C-6319-4EC6-BB93-06A4E6EB63DD.jpg
    edited January 2018
    @marcel21

She has much more to do than practice video game controls. She still is in High School and also works a part time job. She said the console version was not relaxing for her.

What.

No offence intended, but

Why even buy it for her then.
    You do normally have to pratice to use something.

If she's too busy to do that why even buy the game.
    If she's really that busy she's too busy to be playing games at all.

I have been a gamer all my life, including when I was still at school then college but always had time to practice a game.

I work 55 hours a week but I can still make time to practice how to use a video game.

You do need to do this with any video game and if somebody is too busy to do that. Good luck with that ;)

Post edited by marcel21 on

Niney wrote: »
    Don’t have much to say, if you’re a PC-Gamer so go for PC

This

@marcel21

My teen prefers console games, but found the PC version of the this particular game more relaxing. Nothing is wrong with that. There are a couple games that were originally on PC that do not translate controls very well when brought to console. We own 2 consoles, 1 handheld, and 3 PC, so we always go for the most relaxing versions in all our games. Personally, I only played the console version for 45 minutes and found it was not what I prefer. I only usually play in 20 to 30 minute sessions via PC, leaving my game on pause between household chores (stay at home parent). The console does not work for that playstyle.
  • LoveMcQueen5683LoveMcQueen5683 Posts: 3,689 Member
    Really the only difference im building is it takes a few extra seconds to select something because of the way the cursor is compared to pc.

There's not really a trick and practice isn't really needed to get faster.
    LR3g0ni.jpg
  • LoveMcQueen5683LoveMcQueen5683 Posts: 3,689 Member
    edited January 2018
    Really the only difference im building is it takes a few extra seconds to select something because of the way the cursor is compared to pc.

There's not really a trick and practice isn't really needed to get faster.

The controls in live mode are better than pc in my opinion.

Idk why i quoted myself.
    LR3g0ni.jpg
  • irishluck1986irishluck1986 Posts: 309 Member
    Thank you everyone. I think I will stick to the pc. The sims is the only pc game I play every other game is PS4 or Xbox 1.