Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Who brings their cat and dog to a night club?

This is just silly. I go out for a night of drinking and dancing and the club has two dogs and a cat roaming around...

Comments

• SikoahGraceSikoahGrace Posts: 1,399 Member
    I hate that! Like I really, really hate it. I mean there are cats and dogs in the library, the cafe, the bar, the nightclub. Anyone know of a mod to fix this?
  • LiaRose1435LiaRose1435 Posts: 720 Member
    I hate that! Like I really, really hate it. I mean there are cats and dogs in the library, the cafe, the bar, the nightclub. Anyone know of a mod to fix this?

LittleMsSam made a No Pets Allowed custom lot trait mod
    http://littlemssam.de/no-pets-allowed-custom-lot-trait/
    Am I too lost to be saved?
    Am I too lost?
  • SikoahGraceSikoahGrace Posts: 1,399 Member
    @LiaRose1435 Thank you so much for linking that. It is in my game. *jumps for joy and passes out cookies*
  • SkewedReality04SkewedReality04 Posts: 1,450 Member
    Does this work with the new patch that was released today?
  • RexZhengRexZheng Posts: 201 Member
    If you place a doormat from the Cat&Dogs it will prevent them from entering the lot...Although I guess it's ridiculous when we have the same doormat everywhere...
  • poltergeistpoltergeist Posts: 1,411 Member
    RexZheng wrote: »
    If you place a doormat from the Cat&Dogs it will prevent them from entering the lot...Although I guess it's ridiculous when we have the same doormat everywhere...

would it still work if you shrink it down and hide it somewhere?
    origin id: kuhpflanzen ∘ tumblr
    tumblr_inline_p3itdx0yaH1v2uzv2_1280.gif

• IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member

I thought they were just rugs. They don't actually do anything, do they?
  • InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member

would it still work if you shrink it down and hide it somewhere?

Shrink and place under another rug? Worth testing.
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • PegasysPegasys Posts: 1,135 Member
    edited December 2017
    IceyJ wrote: »

I tested it. The "no cat/dog" rugs don't do anything.

Edited to add: I just tested these rugs again, and it appears I was wrong, it appears they do make a difference, just not how I expected.

It appears they work like lot traits, not physical barriers. I placed both a no cat/no dog rug in a couple of different community lots, and no cats or dogs came on the lot. When I placed these rugs at the dog park in Brindleton Bay (after also removing the Dog Friendly lot trait), no pets came into the park either, however they were wandering a bit outside the lot. (These rugs did not work in the Vet clinic; probably because there's an override to accept cats/dogs no matter what.)

Also, since the latest patch, pets CAN now walk over the lowest fences. That "trick" doesn't work anymore but it appears they did fix the pet rugs (or maybe they were never broken to begin with and I misunderstood how they were supposed to work).

tl;dr - Use the pet rugs on a community lot to prevent other pets from spawning/entering. They do not act as a physical barrier. Also our sim can still travel with their pets to a lot with this rug and it will not prevent your sims pets from entering.

Post edited by Pegasys on
  • 5782341b77vl5782341b77vl Posts: 9,149 Member
    Dunno about cats, but the dogs - Are these suppose to be like a "Service Dog", like for a blind Sim?

I dunno since I don't have Cats & Dogs... yet. I'm hoping for it this Xmas though.
    ...AND WASH YOUR DING-DANG HANDS!
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    Pegasys wrote: »
    IceyJ wrote: »

I tested it. The "no cat/dog" rugs don't do anything.

Edited to add: I just tested these rugs again, and it appears I was wrong, it appears they do make a difference, just not how I expected.

It appears they work like lot traits, not physical barriers. I placed both a no cat/no dog rug in a couple of different community lots, and no cats or dogs came on the lot. When I placed these rugs at the dog park in Brindleton Bay (after also removing the Dog Friendly lot trait), no pets came into the park either, however they were wandering a bit outside the lot. (These rugs did not work in the Vet clinic; probably because there's an override to accept cats/dogs no matter what.)

Also, since the latest patch, pets CAN now walk over the lowest fences. That "trick" doesn't work anymore but it appears they did fix the pet rugs (or maybe they were never broken to begin with and I misunderstood how they were supposed to work).

tl;dr - Use the pet rugs on a community lot to prevent other pets from spawning/entering. They do not act as a physical barrier. Also our sim can still travel with their pets to a lot with this rug and it will not prevent your sims pets from entering.

I'm hoping to try this out later in my game, and hope your testing is correct on this. I don't mind that owned pets sometimes show up, but I don't want them to appear EVERYWHERE.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png