Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I rebuilt Magnolia Promenade!

2...Next

Comments

• Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,422 Member
    @Movotti I agree. I always thought about rebuilding a big worlds until I found this thread
  • JemmaTheSimmerJemmaTheSimmer Posts: 387 Member
    > @SimmerOfEngland said:
    > MissTiquelle wrote: »
    >
    > Looks great! I'm currently rebuilding Magnolia Promenade too. I've put in a bowling alley (as a bar) with an arcade, a cinema (also technically a bar) and am planning to add a restaurant and a shopping mall. An entertainment district, which in my mind is easily reachable from Willow Creek, Newcrest and San Myshuno.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Poor oasis springs residents!!

I know! I really find it hard to use Oasis springs, I just can't place Oasis Springs in relation to the other worlds very well. I try to have at least one of each necessary community lot (library, museum, gym, etc.) in each group of worlds that are nearby/close enough to travel for those things. Newcrest and Willow Creek are easily suburbs of San Myshuno (with Magnolia Promenade as a nearby retail park), Windenburg is big enough for a small city by itself (enough lots for everything), Brindleton Bay is supposed to be rural so it's ok if it doesn't quite have everything (makes sense to have to travel to a city for a museum, etc.). But Oasis Springs is a problem for me - it just doesn't fit in so well with the other worlds, it seems like it would be located so far away. I know sims can move around wherever, but I like to make it somewhat location-based. An Oasis Springs style Newcrest would even help, just for more lots in the spread out desert. I do struggle with how to use Oasis Springs a lot.
  • SimmerOfEnglandSimmerOfEngland Posts: 194 Member
    > @SimmerOfEngland said:
    > MissTiquelle wrote: »
    >
    > Looks great! I'm currently rebuilding Magnolia Promenade too. I've put in a bowling alley (as a bar) with an arcade, a cinema (also technically a bar) and am planning to add a restaurant and a shopping mall. An entertainment district, which in my mind is easily reachable from Willow Creek, Newcrest and San Myshuno.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Poor oasis springs residents!!

I know! I really find it hard to use Oasis springs, I just can't place Oasis Springs in relation to the other worlds very well. I try to have at least one of each necessary community lot (library, museum, gym, etc.) in each group of worlds that are nearby/close enough to travel for those things. Newcrest and Willow Creek are easily suburbs of San Myshuno (with Magnolia Promenade as a nearby retail park), Windenburg is big enough for a small city by itself (enough lots for everything), Brindleton Bay is supposed to be rural so it's ok if it doesn't quite have everything (makes sense to have to travel to a city for a museum, etc.). But Oasis Springs is a problem for me - it just doesn't fit in so well with the other worlds, it seems like it would be located so far away. I know sims can move around wherever, but I like to make it somewhat location-based. An Oasis Springs style Newcrest would even help, just for more lots in the spread out desert. I do struggle with how to use Oasis Springs a lot.

Ahh yes! in my game i made oasis springs a vegas style district and used zebrus mod to make it a vacation world
    ⭐ Say what you think, love who you love 'cause you just get so many trips around the sun ⭐

Simmer since 2009
    S4 content owned - GTW, GT, CL, OR, DO, SD, P, V, KR, SS, BS, FS, BN, RG, MH, LP, PP, LP, CK, VG,
    Sims lost:7
  • nkthgrtnkthgrt Posts: 638 Member
    Can we download this, if so, where?
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    Nice builds B)
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• summer_berrysummer_berry Posts: 105 Member
    This is so amazing! I don't really like how small this world is and how it looked, so this update was desperately needed. This is definitely inspiring me to rebuild all four lots sometime! I think having an overall theme like this is an awesome idea.
    "We make our own future." - Dean Winchester, Supernatural
  • SimmerOfEnglandSimmerOfEngland Posts: 194 Member
    nkthgrt wrote: »
    Can we download this, if so, where?

My sims 4 game is currently broken :( When it's fixed ill upload them to the gallery!!
    ⭐ Say what you think, love who you love 'cause you just get so many trips around the sun ⭐

Simmer since 2009
    S4 content owned - GTW, GT, CL, OR, DO, SD, P, V, KR, SS, BS, FS, BN, RG, MH, LP, PP, LP, CK, VG,
    Sims lost:7
  • SultanCanAliSultanCanAli Posts: 113 Member
    ❤Beautiful❤
  • ayyitsmellayyitsmell Posts: 434 Member
    Nice! I recently changed mine too. I made a bowling alley in the big lot and a casual restaurant in the other so that my teens could have more hangout spots :)
    Ayy It's Mell ♥

• stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Movotti wrote: »
    I really like the look of this! It's very now.

And it gives me ideas. I don't really ever use Magnolia Promenade. But I would, if I did a bit of rebuilding.

@Atreya33 I think Magnolia Promenade and Forgotten Hollow are the best two worlds for redevelopment. It's the multiple hoods in the other worlds that make the task of redevelopment seem so daunting. I guess if you took one of the other worlds, one hood at a time, it might be a more manageable task.

Taking one hood at a time works well; you can choose a different style for each neighborhood (Victorian, Ranch-style, Mid-Century Modern, etc.) then build or find on the Gallery houses that match that style. At least that can give neighborhoods a bit of cohesiveness.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    ayyitsmell wrote: »
    Nice! I recently changed mine too. I made a bowling alley in the big lot and a casual restaurant in the other so that my teens could have more hangout spots :)

Hmmm -- if I move the bowling alley I have in Newcrest to Magnolia Promenade, that would make a great teen hangout; I could still keep my small Irish bar for maybe more of an adult/elder space.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • sparklessparkles Posts: 153 Member
    edited June 2018
    @SimmerOfEngland

I just finished building my last venue last night and now its Seasons ready. Woo! I especially loved your apartment block, its a pity we cant get apartments outside of the city.

Now I can get back to playing Seasons!