Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why won't my sims cheat?

Is it me or is it hard to start an affair when the sim you are trying to start one with is in a relationship? In my game, Don Lothario is currently dating Katrina Caliente, and whenever I try and get Dina to flirt with him he keeps rejecting her lol. They have a decent amount of the friendly bar filled too.

Comments

• So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member
    edited December 2017
    In my experience it's way too easy to entice sims to cheat on their significant others. It's possible to break up a marriage with one conversation.
  • SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,224 Member
    No idea...I managed to get one of my Sims to cheat with I think it was Eliza Pancakes, who was already married. They had a daughter together. Course, he was also a Hopeless Romantic and had some charisma. Funnily enough, Don Lothario rejected him.
    image.png
  • td998td998 Posts: 358 Member
    If you just keep trying it should happen eventually. Sims in relationships often reject advances originally but then give in. Just keep apologizing, doing friendly interactions, then flirt again. That works for me.
  • PolluxSimsPolluxSims Posts: 318 Member
    It might depend which interactions you're having them do, too. In my save, I had my Sim get with Don, but it took a while because certain interactions would make them both suddenly uncomfortable and would lower their relationships bar. Plus I believe he may be noncomittal? Which could also be why.
    Read my Sawyer Legacy Simlit on Wordpress
    - Origin ID: PolluxSims -
  • ShadyLady89ShadyLady89 Posts: 908 Member
    I've discovered it's about environment. I have sims who are working towards becoming playas, and because of this you have to work hard to get sims in a relationship or married in the right mood. Even if they're both flirty, chances are still kinda low that certain socials are going to work. I'm kind of glad they toughened up this aspect of the game after the relationship culling problem. For a while my sims, when I wasn't playing them (as I play rotationally) were having affairs all over the place.

Just focus on getting the other sim in the mood, and I mean really getting them in the mood; find a room with decor and such that helps boost their mood. That helps me more than anything. Also, a sim who is hungry, needing to use the restroom, or tired is going to be way less susceptible to romantic advances. Just some things I've learned.
    Origin: ShadyLady1989 | please feel free to add/friend me!
    Sims 4 Blog
    Don't feed trolls. Do feed cowplants.
  • milliejay13milliejay13 Posts: 1 New Member
    Could try downloading mc command center? you can change the friendship and releationship levels on it.
    If not, type into the cheat bar modifyrelationship Don Lothario Dina (surname) (1-100) Romance_Main
  • kemiszkemisz Posts: 602 Member
    My tip is to make sure your sim has no negative moodlets. They will affect the success of the flirting.

Stick to flirting and complimenting appearances with the occasional Blow Kiss, until the First Kiss interaction appears. Then you can ease into other interactions.

Then of course, sometimes you can do all the right things and the sim is still not interested in flirting with your sim. Maybe it's a compatibility thing?
    My EA ID is TranquilloSims - where I upload starter homes, family homes and some more ambitious creations.

• Jinx23Jinx23 Posts: 436 Member
    I ended up getting them both in the "very flirty" and Don eventually accepted Dina's flirting lol. Then it was weird, I had Nina start flirting with Don, and he had no problem accepting her advances!
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    If you have Get Together get them in a woohoo club together. They';ll cheat easy then.
  • PlumbobGrandmaPlumbobGrandma Posts: 438 Member
    Just get them as high of a friendship as possible. Also I find if one of the characters has the romantic trait everything is easier then too.

❀ нєℓℓσ ι'м ρℓυмвσвgяαη∂мα! ❀