Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Butler repeatedly calls fire department

cercatcercat Posts: 69 Member
I play a vanilla game of UC. Currently, the butler at my greek house has been calling the fire department immediately upon his arrival in the morning and then some days several times throughout the day. The fire truck shows up, but no one gets out. It leaves with the message about being more careful. There are no signs of fire on the lot, but at one time there was a weather induced fire in the grove of trees near a pond in the back of the lot. This lot was my own build.

I remember, when I played years ago, a similar type of problem, but can't remember the solution. I think it had to do with not using a specific type of tree.

Does anyone have a solution. Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    WarGreymon77WarGreymon77 Posts: 127 Member
  • Options
    Seera1024Seera1024 Posts: 3,629 Member

UC comes fully patched.

It's probably a bug that was never fixed. I don't use butlers so unfortunately, I can't help narrow down the cause or know where a solution is off the top of my head.
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    There is a glitch with an invisible fire. I've had it. I used Pescados Stuck Object remover to delete it. I had to find it- and it was from the Bread Fruit tree, iirc.
    I had full controls of the control panel but sometimes they would freakout and my Servo couldn't recharge. I don't remember if it was with the UC but I think it was. :(

You could move them to a new lot- if you don't want to use mods.
  • Options
    cercatcercat Posts: 69 Member
    Thanks everyone for you responses. I thought I remembered having to remove a particular type of tree in the past, but couldn't remember which one it was. This lot has a number of different types of trees. I think there is a bread fruit tree on this particular lot. I'll remove it the next time I play. I didn't what to move the household it I could avoid it. Don't want to rebuild this house & I don't think I have a clean copy of it in my library.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    cercat wrote: »
    Thanks everyone for you responses. I thought I remembered having to remove a particular type of tree in the past, but couldn't remember which one it was. This lot has a number of different types of trees. I think there is a bread fruit tree on this particular lot. I'll remove it the next time I play. I didn't what to move the household it I could avoid it. Don't want to rebuild this house & I don't think I have a clean copy of it in my library.

That's why someone said you needed the AL patch FWP doesn't actually have all the patches and or that comp pack broke patches. The bread tree was fixed not to do that anymore in one of the later patches like AL patch or BV patch.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    Rhiannon58Rhiannon58 Posts: 806 Member
    Is the Bread Fruit Tree a CC item?
  • Options
    JULES1111JULES1111 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Rhiannon58 wrote: »
    Is the Bread Fruit Tree a CC item?

Nope it is in game. I think it came from Bon Voyage.
  • Options
    Rhiannon58Rhiannon58 Posts: 806 Member
    *makes not to chop down all bread fruit trees*