Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims seething at one another?

There seem to be a lot of new pre-interact interactions (like kissing both cheeks, etc). One that's starting to get kind of annoying is I'm constantly seeing two sims walk up to one another and, for lack of a better word, seethe at one another like they are angry. Then they just go into a normal conversation like nothing happened. It's really stupid looking; if they actually disliked one another I could see it, but half my sims seem to greet each other like this, like two wary dogs, and it's almost like it's related to the new pets somehow. What's next; are my sims going to sniff each other's tails?

Comments

• FirandeFirande Posts: 816 Member
    Hahahha yep, I'm getting this too. Had no idea what was up with that. :lol: I don't mind that much though as I have bigger bugs in the game right now to worry about, but you're right, it does look silly and kind of animalistic.
    Origin ID: Fierande | Simlit | Tumblr

fgQIHTb.png
  • sprootsproot Posts: 590 Member
    edited December 2017
    I think that came with GT, along with kissing other sims' cheeks (and handshakes). I might be wrong, but I think the reason why your sims glare at each other when meeting is because Sim A or Sim B intends to perform a mean interaction. I've had sims who got along really well do this and saw that one sim was going to do something mean to the other sim. What I'm seeing now is that sims who have a romantic bar, full or not, greet each other with a kiss on the cheek (like, the one a significant other to a sim would randomly do), which won't add to the relationship bar. I'm not sure if that's a bug or not though.
    IMG-6587.gif
  • ravynwolvfravynwolvf Posts: 1,073 Member
    edited December 2017
    Kerwinkle wrote: »
    I think that came with GT, along with kissing other sims' cheeks (and handshakes). I might be wrong, but I think the reason why your sims glare at each other when meeting is because Sim A or Sim B intends to perform a mean interaction. I've had sims who got along really well do this and saw that one sim was going to do something mean to the other sim. What I'm seeing now is that sims who have a romantic bar, full or not, greet each other with a kiss on the cheek (like, the one a significant other to a sim would randomly do), which won't add to the relationship bar. I'm not sure if that's a bug or not though.

The thing is though, the sims aren't doing a mean interaction afterwards. Maybe they do this when they ARE going to be mean as well, but they're doing it as an almost standard way to say hello in my game. And my sim is constantly kissing other sims on both cheeks, including other male sims (whether or not he has a romantic relationship with any of them). I think what you're thinking of as far as the kiss cheek is the regular kiss on the cheek pre-greet, and yes, that one only happens with romance, but there is also a double kiss cheek, kinda like the French do. Someone said that these other ones were supposed to start with City Living, but weren't really working, but I'm not really sure.
  • AstreonAstreon Posts: 1,291 Member
    Yea I'm not sure what's wrong. The greeting itself isn't new, as they've done that since GT like above poster said, but that was only when they were in the red in friendship. Now they just do it constantly and it bothers me a lot. It doesn't seem to have anything to do with mean interactions, as I've seen it happen a lot and they don't actually do anything mean.
    Kerwinkle wrote: »
    What I'm seeing now is that sims who have a romantic bar, full or not, greet each other with a kiss on the cheek (like, the one a significant other to a sim would randomly do), which won't add to the relationship bar. I'm not sure if that's a bug or not though.

The kiss on the cheek happened between two of my male sims who were good friends (no romance bar). It's almost always a handshake so I'm not sure what happened. It was slightly awkward to watch (there's nothing wrong with that, but they were supposed to be "manly" men and they're taken). It's certainly not supposed to add to the relationship bar, because it's one of those things that's just an initial greeting, like the waving/glaring/hugging/handshakes.
    The more I watch, the more annoying it is. Every age is doing it, at least as far as the sims wandering the neighborhoods go.
  • bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,374 Member
    Funny, I hardly ever get to witness the pre-interaction animation, but when I have seen it, it seems very nice...especially between 2 sims who are friends. Like I said I hardly ever see it in my game. Don't think I would like it that 2 male friends were kissing each other on the cheek. Yes, I know that there's nothing wrong, but it just looks funny (weird). :D
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
    bshag4lv wrote: »
    Funny, I hardly ever get to witness the pre-interaction animation, but when I have seen it, it seems very nice...especially between 2 sims who are friends. Like I said I hardly ever see it in my game. Don't think I would like it that 2 male friends were kissing each other on the cheek. Yes, I know that there's nothing wrong, but it just looks funny (weird). :D

Ya, I am not a fan of my hetero male sim rubbing cheeks with Don Lothario.
  • poltergeistpoltergeist Posts: 1,411 Member
    lol, yea i've noticed this and it is annoying.
    origin id: kuhpflanzen ∘ tumblr
    tumblr_inline_p3itdx0yaH1v2uzv2_1280.gif

• MissNightOwlMissNightOwl Posts: 740 Member
    I've noticed seething too (not so much of kissing cheeks). I even went to the other household to see if their relationship really went down, but they were fine.
  • LyouflnLyoufln Posts: 10,861 Member
    I got GT a fews ago, and I just noticed 2 sims greeting each other with the platonic kiss thing. I know that I some cultures (not so much in mine) that’s how folks greet their good friends and family. I’ve heard that this is common in France (though I may be wrong).

Speaking of greetings, has anyone noticed the constant hug greeting amount household members? Sure, hugs are great, but it gets old when the 2 sims are eating at the table together, both get up, pick up their plates, and then hug each other? I can understand the hugs if both sims are standing up, but not when they’re eating at the table.

I started a bug thread for the excessively buggy greetings on the EA help forums. An EA person said that they’d take note. Maybe it’ll be looked at for the next patch! :)
  • Rukola_SchaafRukola_Schaaf Posts: 3,065 Member
    edited December 2017
    i made a week ago a thread in the bug section about that form of greeting, the angry one

WHAT'S WITH THIS GREETING ? A BUG ? (link here)

i won't be participating in the forums & the gallery anymore - thanks EA
  • MelanieScribblesMelanieScribbles Posts: 161 Member
    I have had that happen a few times too. Like, the friendship bar with both Sims was at the maximum, no mean interactions in their queue, and they still did that seething animation. I just thought one of my mods was just messing with the base game animations for some reason, but a bug would make more sense.
  • OlberOlber Posts: 80 Member
    edited December 2017
    I don't even notice such things, since I'm not usually zoomed in enough to even see it, but it does seem a bit weird. xD I've been having a bit of an issue with mean interactions anyway lately. My Sims have three kids who are all teenagers, but they've always been a handful. There's only one of them that doesn't constantly act out towards the others, the other two are a total pain, lol. They constantly autonomously fight and argue and are mean to each other. Every time they even walk up to each other (or other sims for that matter) I know 🐸🐸🐸🐸's gonna hit the fan. xD It's certainly... a challenge, I guess. This is all happening in the world that came with GT (I've never raised a family there before), so I'm guessing the GT pack did add some more... mean, into the game, lol.
  • AstreonAstreon Posts: 1,291 Member
    Lyoufln wrote: »
    Speaking of greetings, has anyone noticed the constant hug greeting amount household members? Sure, hugs are great, but it gets old when the 2 sims are eating at the table together, both get up, pick up their plates, and then hug each other? I can understand the hugs if both sims are standing up, but not when they’re eating at the table.

I started a bug thread for the excessively buggy greetings on the EA help forums. An EA person said that they’d take note. Maybe it’ll be looked at for the next patch! :)

Yea, it happens and not just with household members. Basically any greeting that isn’t a wave usually causes them to halt what they’re doing just to initiate said greetings. It’s a bit annoying in that sense, especially in your example where they get up just to hug. I wish sims would learn to just skip greetings sometimes, especially when you live with the person and just saw them a few hours ago. They should also skip most of it when one or both are already sitting down. Would significantly reduce the amount of musical chairs going on in this game.

edited December 2017
    @Olber
    Olber wrote: »
    I don't even notice such things, since I'm not usually zoomed in enough to even see it, but it does seem a bit weird. xD I've been having a bit of an issue with mean interactions anyway lately. My Sims have three kids who are all teenagers, but they've always been a handful. There's only one of them that doesn't constantly act out towards the others, the other two are a total pain, lol. They constantly autonomously fight and argue and are mean to each other. Every time they even walk up to each other (or other sims for that matter) I know plum's gonna hit the fan. xD It's certainly... a challenge, I guess. This is all happening in the world that came with GT (I've never raised a family there before), so I'm guessing the GT pack did add some more... mean, into the game, lol.
    with Windenburg came the orchestrated brawl, where sims randomly engage in a brawl, for no reason

if some of your sims fight & argue then it also might be they are in enemy clubs, you have to check that, if you don't want clubs fighting each other, then you can set those to either neutral or friendly while playing the leader of the club

but both cases have nothing to do with what OP describes
    it's about just the initial autonomous iconless greeting animation, nothing more

• catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    ravynwolvf wrote: »
    There seem to be a lot of new pre-interact interactions (like kissing both cheeks, etc). One that's starting to get kind of annoying is I'm constantly seeing two sims walk up to one another and, for lack of a better word, seethe at one another like they are angry. Then they just go into a normal conversation like nothing happened. It's really stupid looking; if they actually disliked one another I could see it, but half my sims seem to greet each other like this, like two wary dogs, and it's almost like it's related to the new pets somehow. What's next; are my sims going to sniff each other's tails?

That's the greeting kiss. It came with Get Together but since the Nov patch it happens a lot more. It's an autonomous interaction. It's just a friendly kiss on both cheeks.
  • megiaremegiare Posts: 421 Member
    I played a lot this weekend and noticed the double cheek kissing with every greeting, if they were barely acquaintances. I hadn't noticed it much before, so when it was present on every greeting I started scratching my head. Glad to know it wasn't just me.
    aD9wyNW.jpg
  • OlberOlber Posts: 80 Member
    edited December 2017
    with Windenburg came the orchestrated brawl, where sims randomly engage in a brawl, for no reason

if some of your sims fight & argue then it also might be they are in enemy clubs, you have to check that, if you don't want clubs fighting each other, then you can set those to either neutral or friendly while playing the leader of the club

but both cases have nothing to do with what OP describes
    it's about just the initial autonomous iconless greeting animation, nothing more

I'm aware of the problem in the opening post, I read it. I was just adding that the entire mean in the game seems a bit over the top to me lately anyway, something I never noticed happening before. I wouldn't be surprised if my Sims glare at each other all the time too, I just don't see it because I don't zoom into their faces much. The hug-greetings someone else mentioned, however, I have noticed, and they're terribly annoying. Sims will just drop everything they're doing, put their plate of food in their pocket and get up from the table just to randomly hug another person. I'm glad EA is apparently looking into it because it makes me roll my eyes every time they do it.

I don't use clubs, by the way, and I think it's a bit ridiculous that my same household members would randomly start fighting and brawling all the time, since they're actually related and have a good bond with each other, but that does seem a bit off topic.

megiare wrote: »
    I played a lot this weekend and noticed the double cheek kissing with every greeting, if they were barely acquaintances. I hadn't noticed it much before, so when it was present on every greeting I started scratching my head. Glad to know it wasn't just me.

The kiss on the cheek interaction is quite common where I come from and you don't really have to know someone all that well in order to do it. When I'm on a birthday sometimes people I barely know initiate it. It always makes me uncomfortable and I don't like it, so if I can hold it off and just shake hands I will, but it's quite common in our culture. No need to be good friends for it either, lol. The only time I would consider it truly weird is with someone you've never met before.
    For the first time last night, I had sims in the park, in the background, seething at each other. At first I couldn't tell just what the devil they were doing, then I saw that it was the seething animation, lol. It really looks funny but guess it gets annoying after awhile.
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    edited December 2017
    bshag4lv wrote: »
    For the first time last night, I had sims in the park, in the background, seething at each other. At first I couldn't tell just what the devil they were doing, then I saw that it was the seething animation, lol. It really looks funny but guess it gets annoying after awhile.

I noticed this for the first time in my game last night too. I'm doing an Extreme Rags to Riches challenge so my Sim basically lives in the parks. It seemed almost every greeting between townies/premades was the seething animation. But, then they'd just start talking normally, taking selfies, showing pics, etc. Some even hugged afterward.

The only time I've ever seen the cheek kiss greeting thing was between one of my Sims and his librarian friend.

Doesn't really bother me. At least in this save. As long as they give my Sim tips for playing the violin he fished up, no biggie. :) I can see how it would be annoying if was happening to my main Sim though and if the relationships were to take a hit downward.
    Post edited by Karababy52 on
    I think it's kinda annoying whether or not it has impact on relationship. It just looks weird when Sims like each other, yet I see such negative animation. Similar with "Ask To Leave" - it always looks like complaining, even if happens between good friends or lovers.
    edited December 2017
    i like the cheek kiss, yesterday played briefly & 3 females kissed cheeks in a nightclub, it was a nice greeting

the seething/angry greeting occured once yesterday, unfortunately it was too quick to make a screenshot & i still don't like it, it doesn't make ANY sense to me - should it mean that those sims don't match with another or what ? even if, how have those sims enough info without even ever have spoken to each other that they dislike each other that much to greet that way ? doesn't make any sense

I think it's kinda annoying whether or not it has impact on relationship. It just looks weird when Sims like each other, yet I see such negative animation. Similar with "Ask To Leave" - it always looks like complaining, even if happens between good friends or lovers.

& yes, that Ask To Leave animation is just awful !
    in TS2 they just wave, this is how it should be, neutral
    i am not against negative interactions, by far not, TS4 needs those, but not having a choice & being left with only one awful animation to move forward with simple everyday interaction between sims is very limiting & actually skewing my gameplay

• LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,594 Member
    Lol, I never understood it yet I found it funny. My Sim was meditating at one of the spa's and suddenly this other sim just barged in and started mean mugging her. She got up and mean mugged him back like 'What are YOU looking at? B[ '

Then in windenburgh she seemed to take great offense to Marcus flex sitting down with her at a coffee shop along with the other sim in the background. These sims were judging super hard.
    tumblr_p0xkcgt0xd1vbbdhfo3_1280.png
    5vJrxmT.png
    edited December 2017

& yes, that Ask To Leave animation is just awful !
    in TS2 they just wave, this is how it should be, neutral
    i am not against negative interactions, by far not, TS4 needs those, but not having a choice & being left with only one awful animation to move forward with simple everyday interaction between sims is very limiting & actually skewing my gameplay

TS4 uses the waving animation but it's for "Goodbye" interaction, and that just leaves the conversation, A Sim won't leave the lot. There was/is the mod to change "Ask To Leave" animation to that waving one. I'm not sure if that's still working. Still, the best option would be if we had a choice whether we want to kick out our guests or end a meeting in more friendly way. It could also be based on the current emotion.

edited December 2017
    http://simsasylum.com/tfm/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=70496

This is the mod that coolspear @ TFM Naughty Asylum had adjusted to update it. This was the original Friendlier Goodbye mod that Reubenhood had made back in 2014.

I've used the Friendlier Goodbye mod forever as the alternative looks like there is something wrong, lol.