Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Best Of. Seriously?

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    I find it odd that the OP complains that the whole leaderboard / best of stuff is meaningless, yet comes to kermitflail about it.
    Why?
    It IS meaningless. You don't get anything for being in best of, or on the leaderboard. It's just nonsensical fluff. I don't know why people keep complaining about it. There isn't any kind of competition. You can't win lose or fail.
    lisasc360 wrote: »
    Some members are under the assumption that some of the people on the leaderboard have "other" accounts that they use to give themselves Insightfuls, Likes or Awesomes so that they can stay on the leaderboard week after week. But I really don't think that anyone is going to take the risk of possibly getting one or both of their accounts ban thus making them start all over on this forum to gain full membership.

Oh my god, are you serious? People actually fret over this kind of stuff?
    Pathetic.

Good grief.

Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    I have a large visit count as well. Usually I switch between my PC, phone or IPad but it is not unknown for the site to go through a phase of logging people out.

As for a second account you could never get away with it. When this account was unusable during the 'incident' I was forced to start another one only to find it getting banned. From what I heard the site detects if a player has a second account somewhere. I don't see the point in a second account on here anyway. I could understand it on the days of the old Sims exchange but on this site there is nothing tied in with anything game related. My account on the TS3 site is my original one.
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,427 Member
    The only time that I had a second account was when I was told by EA to make a new one because my original one which I had joined the forums with in February had corrupted and was not allowing me in with my password. So I just made Nikkei_Simmer and have been using THAT one ever since. Frankly I don't know what's become of that original account and don't particularly care anyways. As far as everyone else knows, I'm now Nikkei_Simmer and that's it.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Options
    lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,284 Member
    edited December 2017
    Pary wrote: »
    I find it odd that the OP complains that the whole leaderboard / best of stuff is meaningless, yet comes to kermitflail about it.
    Why?
    It IS meaningless. You don't get anything for being in best of, or on the leaderboard. It's just nonsensical fluff. I don't know why people keep complaining about it. There isn't any kind of competition. You can't win lose or fail.
    Some members are under the assumption that some of the people on the leaderboard have "other" accounts that they use to give themselves Insightfuls, Likes or Awesomes so that they can stay on the leaderboard week after week. But I really don't think that anyone is going to take the risk of possibly getting one or both of their accounts ban thus making them start all over on this forum to gain full membership.

Pathetic.

Good grief.

@pary, I wish I wasn't serious about this but it's true. Someone started a thread earlier this year asking about the leaderboard and there were assumptions from some of the people commenting in the thread that they believe that there was some users with more than 1 account.
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/913089/leaderboard-battle/p1
    Post edited by lisasc360 on
  • Options
    Simulator4Simulator4 Posts: 652 Member
    Why?

Pathetic.

Good grief.

Read my original post again. I like the best of because those are the posts and discussions that are the most engaging and getting the most reactions. But when someone goes back to 2014/2015 and likes 300 posts just to get that person back on a leaderboard it throws those discussions back into the best of. That's what's pathetic.
  • Options
    Seera1024Seera1024 Posts: 3,629 Member
    Simulator4 wrote: »
    Why?

Pathetic.

Good grief.

Read my original post again. I like the best of because those are the posts and discussions that are the most engaging and getting the most reactions. But when someone goes back to 2014/2015 and likes 300 posts just to get that person back on a leaderboard it throws those discussions back into the best of. That's what's pathetic.

Stop assuming that it's people trying to get someone else onto the leader board.

Unless you can link to a post by someone saying that they are doing that deliberately, you have no proof that it's not just someone liking a person's posts because they happened to new to the game and reading tons of threads and following the posts of people who post interesting stories and provide great information on the game.

And if it really is such a big problem for you, what do you suggest EA do about it?

Because my suggestion is that they tell you to just deal with it, unless you've got proof of some conspiracy about keeping certain people on a leader board (tweets, Reddit posts, my page comments, post comments, etc, not just your conjecture).

Because there's nothing special you get for being on the leader board or having your discussions in the Best Of section. It's not like EA has a contest out where the people on the leader board get the next Game Pack for free or get a ton of Sim Points if they are a Sims 3 player and not a Sims 4 player. So I'm not seeing what's the big problem that EA should spend resources to fix.
  • Options
    ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    How do you know someone went back and "liked" 300 + posts just to keep @PHOEBESMOM601 on the "Best Of" or "Leaderboard" page? I can't believe that you actually think there is some weird conspiracy around here to keep people who don't even post here very often anymore, on the "Best" pages.
    Do you know how ludicrous that actually looks ?? Who in their right mind would sit there for hours mindlessly clicking like or awesome on 300+ posts??
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    I see that this thread is still going!

I have actually had a look at the rules and it does not actually say that giving likes to old threads is against the rules although bumping old threads can get them closed depending on the age of the thread and what the content of the thread was.

It does say however elsewhere in the rules that talking about other players and gossiping about them is not allowed and although I doubt that the OP intends to actually slander anyone, all this thread is doing is just gossiping asking why some players have more points than others or are in the best of section.

My advice to the OP is if you really don't like it then speak to the mods. They are pretty good and will reply to you but starting a new thread every now and then is not really going to solve anything
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    EA_MageEA_Mage Posts: 1,354 EA Staff (retired)
    Hello all,

I have closed this thread as I honestly do not see a point in continuing this conversation.

Nowhere in the rules have we stated that marking an old post with an Insightful/Like/Awesome is against the rules. This indeed will cause some older post to pop-up in the Best Of, but you can always go to the next page to search for more recent discussions.

Only subject brought up in this thread that is forbidden by Forum Rule is duplicate accounts and this is actioned accordingly.

If you have continued concerns, don't hesitate to send me a PM.

Thanks,
    -Mage
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top