Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

For Those Currently Playing and Enjoying Sims 4

simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,862 Member
Which version of the game did you start with?

For Those Currently Playing and Enjoying Sims 4 642 votes

Sims 1
54%
ehaught58Akl500PBluegayleauroraael14Frn0731vancanuckfan86nickibitswardBeanfootOneAdorkableGirlHaids5987catmom1987tams2578cameronw209GoldmoldaricmnfrshSimsprocfunJeanJadeleinebrackencat31Ben1010 348 votes
Sims 2
20%
CK213poeticnebulaKita5399GalacticGalCheesySimsLoverEvilJoker12IrishSimmer21AlexaiTaraWinksimhappySeraphicPinkNivyxRoboSpongiecmbaker16BluelleSelkiszagboorulessekojranasuzanna13texasangel 132 votes
Sims 3
13%
StilettoBlackamandajoy27momboqueenkiara07Simgurl20KaeChan2089SucomNezImaniirishluck1986MissFashionistaemperorq52RamblineRoseduhboy2u2ernesdoAmaraStormspiritslive99SeptJanOctOuterseLissyK9Nomiko13 85 votes
Sims 4
11%
JaseSims2fanx0xMysticneptune28jonilla1liliaethBagoas77thereesespieceBrittonej3n1ynQueenEcheveriakurdanevaSynneSolschapman5389John_CitronPAM14109MasonGamerPsychoSimXXGoofhead2Pegasus143RebeccaLynn 77 votes

Comments

• OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,995 Member
    Sims 1
    Sims 1 from day 1, with all packs and most of the side stuff by both Maxis and 3rd party vendors. What you could do with that game was simply amazing.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,862 Member
    edited December 2017
    Sims 1
    Sims 1 from day 1, with all packs and most of the side stuff by both Maxis and 3rd party vendors. What you could do with that game was simply amazing.

Interesting that yours was the first comment as it was a comment you made in another thread that prompted me to start this poll.
    This version was not meant for Sims veterans period. Only naïve newbies with more money than sense.

I know these results are not representative of the entire simming community but the majority of those here enjoying the game seem to have been playing since the beginning. Your comment is not the first to insinuate that veteran simmers do not enjoy this game because they have played other versions. So that begs the question. Which are you? Sim veteran or naive newbie with more money than sense?
    Post edited by simgirl1010 on
  • MelpomenaMelpomena Posts: 207 Member
    Sims 1
    I started with Sims1 but played a short period with it. Played enough to know the game.
  • SimsLovinLycanSimsLovinLycan Posts: 1,910 Member
    edited December 2017
    Sims 2
    I started with TS2, skipped out on 3 (though, I've recently decided to give it a try to see exactly what people enjoy about it...besides, there's a bundle with the base game, an expansion, and a stuff pack for $20, and "Supernatural" is also $20, so I can get a pretty good deal on most of the content I find most interesting in a Sims game to really explore what that game has to offer), and decided to get 4 because CAS just blew me away.

As someone who started with TS2, the things I miss the most in this game are BodyShop, the freedom to build whatever kind of community lot you want without a checklist and have it actually work, swings, bathroom stalls (the makeshift ones I construct by putting every toilet in a public bathroom in its own room just don't cut it), diving boards (the platforms from "Get Together" are nice and all, but they don't have the same aesthetic charm as a traditional diving board), playing "Marco Polo" in the pool, burglars, sim-to-sim interaction games ("Red Hands", "Rock, Paper, Scisors", "Tag", "Cops and Robbers", etc.), fears, being able to pick the bed frame and color separately from the bedding, and sims waiting while another sim was making a group meal if they were hungry instead of going to make their own meal autonomously. Not that I don't like TS4 and the things it does well, but there are just some things from TS2 (large and small) that it would be be much better with.
    There is a song I hear, a melody from the past...
    5MNZlGQ.gif
    When I woke for the first time, when I slept for the last.
  • LiaRose1435LiaRose1435 Posts: 720 Member
    Sims 4
    So far I'm the only one who started with the sims 4 :(. I feel like I don't belong here since I haven't been playing as long as everyone else.
    Am I too lost to be saved?
    Am I too lost?
  • MelpomenaMelpomena Posts: 207 Member
    Sims 1
    > @LiaRose1435 said:
    > So far I'm the only one who started with the sims 4 :(. I feel like I don't belong here since I haven't been playing as long as everyone else.

You belong here as well as I do. I've been playing for a long time but I'm almost new to these forums ! ;)
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    edited December 2017
    Sims 1
    Sims 1 was fair for its day, and I loved it so much.

Nowadays I can't play it for too long because their needs and relationships decay like crazy. I don't have time to let them do fun stuff unless I cheat their needs and money. As a matter of fact, that IS what I did back then, but starting with Sims 2, I've been playing cheat-free as a challenge. And Sims 1 is hardly playable without cheats.

With that said, I like all the Sims games now. Sims 4 went on and did its own thing after 3 years of development. It has a lot of downsides to it, but it did offer new or revitalized things to the table.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    edited December 2017
    Sims 2
    I played the TS2 base game years ago as a kid and had a lot of fun with that for a little while, but I never played TS3. Around that time I was far more interested in my MMO's. I don't consider myself a hardcore simmer or a heavily invested fan of the series
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • Sonata13SingerSonata13Singer Posts: 183 Member
    Sims 2
    I started with Sims 2 around the time of the 100 million sold in 2008. I started with sims 2 double deluxe and read the whole manual before playing. I accidentally killed half my first family in a fire.
    3ZWheQM.gif
    Origin ID: Sonata13Singer

I also create music and art (search up Sona13Singer on google... but I haven't been uploading a lot recently)
  • surraaaaaasurraaaaaa Posts: 859 Member
    Sims 1
    I started with sims 1 after my dad bought it. He always liked simulation type games. Tropico, roller coaster tycoon, zoo tycoon, those things (I still love roller coaster tycoon, still play occasionally)
    Once he introduced me to the game I was HOOKED. I used to pull up a chair and watch him play before i started playing myself. Eventually he stopped playing. Partly because he kept getting mad I was messing up his families he made and mostly because I monopolized the computer haha. My dad used to say "why dont you take your real dog for a walk?!" "Why dont you hang out with your real friends?!" He tried to limit my computer time to 1 hour a day (!?!?!?) Crazy, and didn't work haha, esspecially when i started getting expansions.
    My great grandmother even bought the base game so i could play at her house! But going from having all expasions to just the base is hard so i didnt play much there.
    I was young (I was 8 in 2000) and don't really remember too many game play details, except that i just loved it.
  • AshtontoAshton22AshtontoAshton22 Posts: 1,797 Member
    edited December 2017
    Sims 4
    So far I'm the only one who started with the sims 4 :(. I feel like I don't belong here since I haven't been playing as long as everyone else.

You and me both. I also started with the Sims 4. You're not the only one!
  • KJBKJB Posts: 173 Member
    I started with Sims 4 on PC in March, but I had The Sims, Sims Bustin Out, The Sims 2, The Urbz all for gamecube years ago. I didn't have all the extra packs. So I don't know what poll option to pick.
    I also tried Sims 3 for Xbox but didn't really like it, ended up playing maybe twice.
    0G9Un6T.gif
  • VraieVraie Posts: 196 Member
    Sims 1
    Lots of cookies to the folk starting with Sims 4. You are very welcome here. DOn't let anyone tell you otherwise, :)

I started with Sims 1. I don't think I got it when it first came out. I think I had Sim City first and then the Sims 1. But I have a few expansion packs with it. Actually all my Sims discs are still in my drawer here at home, so one second...
    In my drawer are Livin' it Up, Superstar, Unleashed, Hot Date, Makin Magic and a party pack, as well as the base game.
    Also Sims Medieval which I need to go back to but the last PC I had it on died.

So I really played SIms a lot back then. And then Sims 2 came out, and it was all exciting, and I have that and all the expansions for that. I played SIms 1 a lot but I played Sims 2 more and it probably is secretly still my favourite because of the genetics, the aliens and lots of other things in it I love.

I have the base game for 3 but I tried it on 2 PCs and had trouble on both so I never got into that one. Maybe one day, I have no desire to get rid of the game. What sold 4 for me before I bought it though was the similarity in basic game structure and format to TS2 in terms of houses, loading screens, etc (I forget the technical term). So I played the demo, enjoyed it, bought the game and here I am.

I think it doesn't matter if you are a veteran or a new player. You play what you like best. There's no right or wrong answer.

That's the opinion of a sim veteran and Sims 4 fan. Those two things are not at all contradictory. :smiley: I think it's really interesting that the poll so far suggests that people who like the Sims 4 often came in with Sims 1 and 2, which means that the idea that you have to be a new player to like Sims 4 is unfounded. But it's fine if you are a new player too :)
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    Sims 1
    I was introduced to The Sims through Sim City. I fell in love with it. Still play to this day.

I think it’s good there are brand new players to the series as well as older players. A fresh perspective is as interesting as someone who has played an older version.
  • MellonuialMellonuial Posts: 47 Member
    Sims 3
    I actually started with Sim City (it was a freebie download; hey I'm cheap) and graduated from there. But I was always "Sim Curious" until I suffered an injury IRL that made doing everyday things very difficult. That's when I purchased the Sims 3 basic game and there was no looking back. When it hurts to run and jump and dance, creating an avatar that looks exactly like you do these things is oddly therapeutic. My injury still flares, but my love for this game is forever.

We are all Simmers. My only regret is not joining this site sooner!
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    edited December 2017
    Sims 1
    I expect everyone here would have played The Sims (1) if they were old enough.

I cannot remember whether I started with Sim City or Sims 1. I do remember owning Sim Ant. (Still got it somewhere in the house). I'm old enough to have got Jet Pack for the Spectrum!
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    Sims 4

I started with Sims 4 also, just over 2 years ago when illness forced me to stop working and I needed a distraction from the side effects of my treatments. So don't feel alone. We both belong here. That's the great thing about The Sims, it has something for everyone and it brings all kinds of people together. :)<3
  • OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    Sims 1

Don't sweat it. I've been playing Sims games since 2000 and the community still has never made me feel welcome. It's just how this place is. Your opinion counts as much as everyone else.
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Sims 1
    @LiaRose1435 Of course you belong here, you are a Simmer. :) I am happy you have found the franchise.

I started with the Sims Deluxe myself as a teen and didn't join forums until this iteration. I found out about the game with a TV commercial which was this one:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEOo9a2twkU

I had been playing SimCity and SimTower before and just been growing out of Barbies, so I wanted to continue their story in a more mature setting then the Sims came and I've been addicted ever since.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • MellonuialMellonuial Posts: 47 Member
    Sims 3
    @Pamtastic72 Sounds like our journey to the Sims are similar (no pun intended). I wonder how many lives this franchise has touched in this way? Get and stay well.

@OEII1001 There are some real pieces of work in this community, and I'm still getting used to the overall vibe. Far too much judgment in some quarters, especially against those of us who had the audacity to purchase the Vampire Content Pack in order to play Sims as Vampires and not for the pretty dresses and "cool" furniture. Kudos to you for standing your ground.

@LiaRose1435 You do belong here. Don't let the loud mouths push you around. You have a right to your opinion just as much as they do. In fact a fresh pair of eyes often provides the freshest insight. Speak your mind. I guarantee someone will agree with you.
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    Sims 4
    Mellonuial wrote: »
    @Pamtastic72 Sounds like our journey to the Sims are similar (no pun intended). I wonder how many lives this franchise has touched in this way? Get and stay well.

@OEII1001 There are some real pieces of work in this community, and I'm still getting used to the overall vibe. Far too much judgment in some quarters, especially against those of us who had the audacity to purchase the Vampire Content Pack in order to play Sims as Vampires and not for the pretty dresses and "cool" furniture. Kudos to you for standing your ground.

@LiaRose1435 You do belong here. Don't let the loud mouths push you around. You have a right to your opinion just as much as they do. In fact a fresh pair of eyes often provides the freshest insight. Speak your mind. I guarantee someone will agree with you.

Thanks @Mellonuial, I am better and intend to stay that way. :)
  • ShadowmarkedShadowmarked Posts: 1,054 Member
    I started with ts1. I didn't vote because I'm not currently playing but I have enjoyed ts4 so I figured I would chime in. :)
  • aricaraiaricarai Posts: 8,984 Member
    I'm like @BeJaWa - I started back in 2000, but didn't vote because I'm not currently playing, but at one point I enjoyed it.

For those of you that feel you don't belong or don't feel welcome in the community, I'm curious as to what would make you feel more welcome or have a better since of belonging?
  • LavenderlightsLavenderlights Posts: 76 Member
    edited December 2017
    Sims 3
    aricarai wrote: »
    For those of you that feel you don't belong or don't feel welcome in the community, I'm curious as to what would make you feel more welcome or have a better since of belonging?
    Unfortunately, I don't think there's really anything anyone can do. Pretty much everyone here are just stating their opinions on the franchise and all of its' versions; you don't really see anyone actively invalidating or alienating anyone on purpose (which makes sense as it's against forum rules), so I'm afraid there isn't really much else anyone can do if some fans feel unwelcomed here. Personally, I'm one of those fans (to an extent, at least), and I find that I'll just have to accept that as all part of the parcel if I wish to continue posting in this forum. Nevertheless, I appreciate your concern - it's something that's rarely seen on the internet.

As for the topic:

Well technically, sims 2 was the game that introduced me into the franchise, as I remember watching my parents play it daily when I was little. Back then, I was fascinated with the concept of controlling these little 'virtual people', as well as being able to build your own houses whichever way you want.

And then when I was old enough by the time 2011 rolled over, I got the sims 3; which was my first ever sims game. I instantly fell in love with pretty much everything about it - the sims themselves, the neighborhood, the open world, the soundtrack...just everything. I remember how I'd always follow my sims in their car whenever they'd go out. How there was so much in the game that I felt like I was constantly discovering something new every time I played - whenever I opened up my game, it truly did feel like an adventure. And then one day, my game stopped working. It wouldn't open no matter how many times I tried. I regretted not taking any screenshots/pictures then, just to remember my game by. Now it's all just a nostalgic memory that I like to visit every so often (especially the soundtrack - I still go on YouTube to listen to them from time to time; especially the build mode soundtracks).

Fast forward to 2014, I got the sims 4. It shocked me at first how different everything was - the CAS, the sims, the graphics, the overall tone...it was all just so very vastly different. Sometimes it doesn't even feel like the sims game I've known and grew up with. But I don't care about that, because I love it just as much.