Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Unpopular opinions about ts4

Comments

• JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited December 2017
    In the original post number 4 about relating to relationships I don’t understand it? Couldn’t you always have multiple partners? But they weren’t acknowledged? I.e like my sims 3 Sim has lots of romantic interests but she doesn’t refer to them all as her boyfriends. She has her husband and that’s it. The rest are in her panel. It’s the same thing just noemthe sims 4names it? Also sims 4 sims can only have one best friend which I found out after I heard dramatic music and thought someone had popped their clogs to discover that my sim was no longer best friends with her daughter as she was now best friends with her husband. I don’t really care for that, I prefer the older ways of having multiple best friends but to each their own.

What I meant by no. 4 was that your sim could have multiple relationship statuses with other sims - not multiple relationships/partners. For example, in ts4, your sim could be ex-dates, best friends and romantic interests with another ALL at the same time; unlike the previous versions where they could only be either ex-dates or best friends or (something else).
    I love that as well, sort of surprised that isn't shared by more people (I presume you call it unpopular with a reason).
    5JZ57S6.png
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,545 Member
    my unpopular opinion are the following

1 no buglars

2 no bodyhair for sims

3-no new supernatural lifestates (1 is more than enough since I do not play vampires I mostly use the content

4- no new wohoospots unless it includes an option to turn off certain woohoo spots in game

and las but not least no new death ingame
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    In the original post number 4 about relating to relationships I don’t understand it? Couldn’t you always have multiple partners? But they weren’t acknowledged? I.e like my sims 3 Sim has lots of romantic interests but she doesn’t refer to them all as her boyfriends. She has her husband and that’s it. The rest are in her panel. It’s the same thing just noemthe sims 4names it? Also sims 4 sims can only have one best friend which I found out after I heard dramatic music and thought someone had popped their clogs to discover that my sim was no longer best friends with her daughter as she was now best friends with her husband. I don’t really care for that, I prefer the older ways of having multiple best friends but to each their own.

What I meant by no. 4 was that your sim could have multiple relationship statuses with other sims - not multiple relationships/partners. For example, in ts4, your sim could be ex-dates, best friends and romantic interests with another ALL at the same time; unlike the previous versions where they could only be either ex-dates or best friends or (something else).

Ah thank you for clarifying!
  • Dreamie209Dreamie209 Posts: 3,165 Member
    Excuse the weird unicorn that I am :lol: .

1. I'm actually excited for Laundry. I dunno It's a weird like I guess :lol:

2. I actually don't find the TS4 C&Ds as realistic as most see. My dogs were never jumpy, never freaked out at the toilet or electronics, I can't exactly relate to them. Nor did they obsess with the things in TS4. I think @MidnightAura said it best lol. Their cute in some parts but I don't find them realistic.

3. I find YA partying pretty overrated :lol: (funny because I'm considered a YA :wink: )

4. The Roomba Vacuum is my only favorite item from C&D pack. It's something I can always use no matter what. And probably a even bigger unpopular opinion....I'd like to see more vaccuums /ducks/

5. I do find the baby pretty creepy (thank goodness for CC!)

6. I still see teens as sad freeloaders with not much that separates them lol.

7. I'd rather see a School EP that helps all ages than a generic University focused on 1.

8. I never saw the point of collecting. I mean once you have the gem...what do you do with it?

9. I love random autonomy on max <3
    tumblr_p0kj4y5zKY1rz1zglo1_1280.png
    Fun Times, Cherished Memories, All under one Dream. Visit: The Dreamhouse and AbbyDreams
  • cameronw209cameronw209 Posts: 1,497 Member
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    A very unpopular opinion I guess would be: I don’t care about multitasking. If anything I think it’s a nuisance. If it were a toggle I’d disable it.

(sorry for being a negative Nancy but my opinion on this is pretty strong and sincere)

Can you elaborate on this? I've heard some people complain about multi-tasking saying that it makes things take too long - eating for example.
    Indeed, that. Plus it’s no real multitasking, they just do two actions in turns autonomously (and it takes forever). But to me there’s more and that’s where the unpopularity of the opinion comes in ;) I genuinely don’t care sims being able to do two things at the same time. I like the clarity of them finishing one thing first, then go to the next. Always obeying my instruction in that respect. Me being able to give them a series of instructions and them just doing that while I’m busy controlling another sim in the household.

Yeah, I fully get that. I think it comes in handy sometimes and then other times it's not so handy. I think part of the reason some things take way too long is the idle animations rather than multi-tasking entirely in itself. So, while a Sim can be eating, drinking and talking, there will also be a few idle animations added into the mix that slow things down a lot. I was watching my Sim eat the other day wondering why it was taking so long, and I noticed that between each bite of food ~3 idle animations would play in a row...ugh, lol. While I generally love the idle animations, I think they should be toned down a notch or at least they should be overridable with player commands.
  • ShadowmarkedShadowmarked Posts: 1,054 Member

I love that as well, sort of surprised that isn't shared by more people (I presume you call it unpopular with a reason).
    I also really like that feature.
    Dreamie209 wrote: »
    Excuse the weird unicorn that I am :lol: .

1. I'm actually excited for Laundry. I dunno It's a weird like I guess :lol:

2. I actually don't find the TS4 C&Ds as realistic as most see. My dogs were never jumpy, never freaked out at the toilet or electronics, I can't exactly relate to them. Nor did they obsess with the things in TS4. I think @MidnightAura said it best lol. Their cute in some parts but I don't find them realistic.

3. I find YA partying pretty overrated :lol: (funny because I'm considered a YA :wink: )

4. The Roomba Vacuum is my only favorite item from C&D pack. It's something I can always use no matter what. And probably a even bigger unpopular opinion....I'd like to see more vaccuums /ducks/

5. I do find the baby pretty creepy (thank goodness for CC!)

6. I still see teens as sad freeloaders with not much that separates them lol.

7. I'd rather see a School EP that helps all ages than a generic University focused on 1.

8. I never saw the point of collecting. I mean once you have the gem...what do you do with it?

9. I love random autonomy on max <3
    I share 4 7 and 8. Although I do end up collectiong because I just feel the need to compleat stuff.
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    6 things I really, really like about Sims 4-

The really cute and well thought out Toddlers

The best ever Vampires we've ever had

No annoying curfew for my teens,

And no forever having to search for homework sims kids like to lose - we could just buy new ones and it's even better now the kids put it back into their inventory.

Wood working Bench

The school projects that came with Parenthood. Something I did as a kid - my sims do too.

Hmmm, naturally I seem to like the weird stuff that almost no one ever mentions. LOL.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• SucomSucom Posts: 1,709 Member
    Some of the things which matter to me which I don't see around the forum are:

1. I would really like to have visitors allowed lots which would allow my imagination to fire up to create any kind of lot I can think of. Within these visitor allowed lots, npc's and my own sims would be programmed to use whatever objects I decided to put there. I really miss this from Sims 3 and would really like it to be added. For instance, I don't need a special expansion or game pack to create hotels or guest houses. Simply adding a visitor allowed lot where npc's were programmed to use beds, use the facilities, etc, would be enough. I'm not worried about tills, chefs in the kitchen, payment, etc. My imagination can fill in all those things.
    2. I used to have a mod in Sims 3 called Ticket Machine which prompted payment on entry to a park or building. A simple gate put in a fence taking payment on entry could allow my sims to own a park or museum or whatever building I could think of to earn money as self employed sims.
    3. Being able to edit public areas could almost be included on visitors allowed lots, where I would be able to place cafes or playgrounds, toilets, a swimming pool, benches, a pond for fishing within the park or whatever else. Also, I really miss normal playground equipment like swings, slides and roundabouts. I don't care for the play ship at all and I've never been particularly fussed on climbing frames.
    4. Rabbit hole door frames would allow me to actually take my sims away from the house. I could build any building I wanted and have a door which would allow my sims to shop for books or groceries. This, again, includes 'visitors allowed' lots. It seems that visitors allowed lots are more important to me than maybe I first realised because it would help my imagination fire up to create new things into the game. At the moment, we're very much stuck with the developers ideas of how we should be playing. I could build a graveyard where npc's could look at the gravestones, or a church where sims could visit.

I'm really not bothered about Seasons or toddlers. I recognise that toddlers have been done very well but I'm not particularly interest in playing them. Instead, I would much prefer visitors allowed lots and to be able to colour carpets, chairs, beds, curtains and wood so that my furnishings match more easily. It takes ages looking for stuff to match up, frequently causing me to change objects ad infinitum until I find similar colours to match each other. For instance, last night I was trying to match up a dresser and wardrobe with bedside tables and the bed frame and it took ages. The bedclothes didn't match the curtains. The dresser was a slightly different wood colour from the wardrobe. The bed frame didn't match the bedside tables. Aaaaargh! What a miss mash is was! Eventually I had to return to using the same pieces of furniture I always use 'yet again!!' Boring!!!! And it takes too long! Why they didn't add the same wood tones across the board I will never know! Drives me crazy.
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    edited December 2017
    Here's a few I can think of off the top of my head. They seem unpopular to me anyway.

I have enjoyed the game from the beginning and really enjoyed many of the first packs GTW and OR especially.

The culling situation never bothered me.

I didn't enjoy this years content more than prior years... and it didn't make the game much better for me.

I like how long it takes for sims to eat. I can have a family dinner that feels like a family dinner when I want to watch those interactions. Otherwise I make them gobble their food alone.

I like special events like when Jasmine shows up.. sometimes I miss them because I'm not playing at those times but I can remember all the ones I participated in fondly.

I like ghosts the way they are.
    egTcBMc.png
  • SimsLovinLycanSimsLovinLycan Posts: 1,910 Member
    Sucom wrote: »
    1. I would really like to have visitors allowed lots which would allow my imagination to fire up to create any kind of lot I can think of. Within these visitor allowed lots, npc's and my own sims would be programmed to use whatever objects I decided to put there. I really miss this from Sims 3 and would really like it to be added. For instance, I don't need a special expansion or game pack to create hotels or guest houses. Simply adding a visitor allowed lot where npc's were programmed to use beds, use the facilities, etc, would be enough. I'm not worried about tills, chefs in the kitchen, payment, etc. My imagination can fill in all those things.

I totally agree with you on that, @Sucom ! We really need an "advanced mode" community lot like that. I even made a thread about it not too long ago. The restrictive, checklist-driven nature of community lots is a real pain, especially when you're trying to make a community lot that doesn't fit the mold of the pre-established lot types, and the Generic lots may not have a checklist, but they are useless for things like...say, having someplace beside a park, public pool, bar, night club, or cafe to meet new sims or hang out with your established crew.

In TS2, you got a community lot and you were free to build whatever you wanted, however you wanted, and other sims would visit and use what was there. You made an arcade with a bunch of pinball machines and arcade cabinets and no bathroom? Sims would show up and use the arcade cabinets and pinball tables. You made a park with nothing but 50 chess tables and 100 chairs? It would be populated and chess would be played. The checklists should have been an optional guide for novice builders, not a mandatory thing.
    There is a song I hear, a melody from the past...
    5MNZlGQ.gif
    When I woke for the first time, when I slept for the last.
  • GruffmanGruffman Posts: 4,831 Member
    I guess my biggest unpopular opinion would be:

I hate the pre-mades. I am sick and tired of the Goths, the Pancakes, the Blokes and whatnot. I am tired of seeing them in every sims game. I am tired of the same stale state of it all. I am tired of the re-boot of them each and every time. Can we ever get a fresh set of blood.
    edited December 2017
    Sucom wrote: »
    Some of the things which matter to me which I don't see around the forum are:

2. I used to have a mod in Sims 3 called Ticket Machine which prompted payment on entry to a park or building. A simple gate put in a fence taking payment on entry could allow my sims to own a park or museum or whatever building I could think of to earn money as self employed sims.
    3. Being able to edit public areas could almost be included on visitors allowed lots, where I would be able to place cafes or playgrounds, toilets, a swimming pool, benches, a pond for fishing within the park or whatever else. Also, I really miss normal playground equipment like swings, slides and roundabouts. I don't care for the play ship at all and I've never been particularly fussed on climbing frames.
    4. Rabbit hole door frames would allow me to actually take my sims away from the house. I could build any building I wanted and have a door which would allow my sims to shop for books or groceries. This, again, includes 'visitors allowed' lots. It seems that visitors allowed lots are more important to me than maybe I first realised because it would help my imagination fire up to create new things into the game. At the moment, we're very much stuck with the developers ideas of how we should be playing. I could build a graveyard where npc's could look at the gravestones, or a church where sims could visit.

I'm really not bothered about Seasons or toddlers. I recognise that toddlers have been done very well but I'm not particularly interest in playing them. Instead, I would much prefer visitors allowed lots and to be able to colour carpets, chairs, beds, curtains and wood so that my furnishings match more easily. It takes ages looking for stuff to match up, frequently causing me to change objects ad infinitum until I find similar colours to match each other. For instance, last night I was trying to match up a dresser and wardrobe with bedside tables and the bed frame and it took ages. The bedclothes didn't match the curtains. The dresser was a slightly different wood colour from the wardrobe. The bed frame didn't match the bedside tables. Aaaaargh! What a miss mash is was! Eventually I had to return to using the same pieces of furniture I always use 'yet again!!' Boring!!!! And it takes too long! Why they didn't add the same wood tones across the board I will never know! Drives me crazy.

That ticket machine idea came from Sims 2 - Open For Business - by the way - which supported home businesses as employment. I used to like that in Sims 2 as well. LOL. I never tried the modded one for Sims 3 - but did utilize the one from the Sims 3 store that came with the Theater/movie house now and then.

Here's the one from Sims 3 store -

https://store.thesims3.com/productDetail.html?productId=OFB-SIM3:62502

This is the Sims 2 one:

http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/Electrono-Ticket_Machine
    Post edited by Writin_Reg on

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• AshtontoAshton22AshtontoAshton22 Posts: 1,797 Member
    I hate the Welcome Wagon because I really don't want people calling my Sims constantly.
  • LavenderlightsLavenderlights Posts: 76 Member
    -Another controversial one I just thought of - I actually don't mind the sparse release of EPs. As long as they keep putting out good content for the game to hold my interest, I'm perfectly fine with the release pattern (an EP with content I don't care about won't mean anything to me anyways regardless of how much it adds).

-I'm not a fan of the "fart" and "belch" interactions that came with the Parenthood gamepack. They sort of make me cringe.

-Despite my love for the fact that our sims can now have multiple relationship statuses with other sims, I think this feature is also a huge culprit that plays a part in why our sims sometimes react inappropriately/in an anti-climatic manner towards each other after a fight/break-up/witnessing of cheating. Think about it; let's say the romance bar of two sims just turned red after one of them witnessed the other cheating - the romantic interactions would fail then, which is to be expected. However, if the both of them were to have a friendship bar too, they would still be prompted to perform friendly interactions towards each other based off the "(best/good) friend" status they still have. In past iterations, it was much easier for sims to react appropriately to one another in the same given scenario, as the only relationship bar they'd have (romantic interests/dates in this case) would turn negative, so they'd have no choice but to perform interactions based off that as they wouldn't have any other relationship status to fall back on. It's probable that I've gotten this all wrong and it's just the case of bugs once again taking over the engine; but if what I say does have some truth to it, then I do think that this feature is truly a double-edged sword when it comes to relationships in this game.
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,545 Member
    one thing that I also find unpopular compare to sims2 sims3 is the fact that the baby is just like in sims 1 stuck to a crib who would not went to carry there sim baby with them when they say watch tv as a family or say working at there vet clininc if they own it (cats and dogs to keep an eye on there sims baby)
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member
    Gruffman wrote: »
    I guess my biggest unpopular opinion would be:

I hate the pre-mades. I am sick and tired of the Goths, the Pancakes, the Blokes and whatnot. I am tired of seeing them in every sims game. I am tired of the same stale state of it all. I am tired of the re-boot of them each and every time. Can we ever get a fresh set of blood.

Me, me, me, I took them all out.
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited December 2017
    Almost forgot the most unpopular one of all I think for me personally: I don't like the sims in 4. To me they look totally dull, unattractive, equal and silly, to a point where I'm baffled every time I see people declaring they 'at least' are the best looking sims in the franchise. It's as if I'm wearing bewitched glasses and see something different from everyone else. "But..., can't you see that..." No, apparently not ;)
    5JZ57S6.png
  • aricaraiaricarai Posts: 8,984 Member
    Almost forgot the most unpopular one of all I think for me personally: I don't like the sims in 4. To me they look totally dull, unattractive, equal and silly, to a point where I'm baffled every time I see people declaring they 'at least' are the best looking sims in the franchise. It's as if I'm wearing bewitched glasses and see something different from everyone else. "But..., can't you see that..." No, apparently not ;)

I share that one with you. The art style definitely isn't my jam! I've seen some amazing Sims 4 Sims but they're full of CC. To me, the base Sims don't have enough details.

Also, thought of another one - the talking toilet!!
  • princess_kaguyaprincess_kaguya Posts: 508 Member
    edited December 2017

3. I've never really cared for the Cats & Dogs EP; it's actually on the bottom of my list in terms of packs i'm interested in purchasing.
    4. I really like how our sims in this game can have more than one relationship status with other sims (i.e. ex/best friends/romantic interest/etc.). I think this feature is very overlooked.
    lol i only agree with these 2.
    i cant think of anything right now, the sims 4 is just a game i'm avoiding until it gets better, but the city living ep has been growing on me and i really like it right now, i love how we can go party anytime if u live in the fashion district, plus the art gallery is a great place for homeless sims since it has a fridge and u can gain some money painting and crafting woodwork.

• CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    I'm confused by your title then reading the content of your thread. I've stated my problems with TS4 a thousand times, literally so I will let it go. :D
  • aricaraiaricarai Posts: 8,984 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    I'm confused by your title then reading the content of your thread. I've stated my problems with TS4 a thousand times, literally so I will let it go. :D

You just state things about TS4 that people find popular that you necessarily find to be true yourself @Cinebar
  • MelpomenaMelpomena Posts: 207 Member
    1-My most unpopular opinion ; I don't care for seasons in the actual worlds. I'd rather have winter weather in a destination like Outdoor Retreat with snow activities, as I'd like a Tropical/beach destination too. I wouldn't mind rain and thunder into some sort of a European destination tour.

2-Sims4 is the best iteration to me and I will welcome joyfully the nest extensions, game packs and stuff packs. The game is not perfect, but it never was in its past versions.
    I agree that I don’t like their look. Usually when people say they are the best in the franchise and show a pic with an example it’s chock full of alpha cc

edited December 2017
    Oh - I forgot to mention one popular opinion - multi-tasking that so many claim to love - I detest it.

Everytime we ask for anything we like a lot in previous sims games - like slow dancing, bed cuddling and spooning, holding and walking around with our newborns, pool lounge chairs, Couples dancing together; romantic picnics on a blanket off the top of my head - I hear - well that is a problem because of multi-tasking. Then I think to myself I have to trade all that just so my sim can eat lunch on the toilet - REALLY Maxis?

So I really hate multi-tasking if all the little sort of humanizing interactions our sims could do in previous games can't be done in Sims 4, then I wish we didn't have multi-tasking - I know this is an unpopular opinion as all I hear is how much people love to multi-task. I just wonder do any of them realize what multi-tasking is costing us to have - when their sim cannot even lounge by the pool - something they have done since Sims 1 even.

Maybe that also explains why dogs can't sleep in the sims beds too.

But yeah when we have to trade all the best game reactions and play in the Sims games for multi-tasking - I wish we did not have it. It is not worth what we lost. I want slow dancing and lounge chairs, not poop and eat at the same time. (That is so gross by the way - there just aren't any words to say once you have seen your sim do that.)

In dreams - I LIVE!

Writin_Reg wrote: »
    Oh - I forgot to mention one popular opinion - multi-tasking that so many claim to love - I detest it.

Everytime we ask for anything we like a lot in previous sims games - like slow dancing, bed cuddling and spooning, holding and walking around with our newborns, pool lounge chairs, Couples dancing together; romantic picnics on a blanket off the top of my head - I hear - well that is a problem because of multi-tasking. Then I think to myself I have to trade all that just so my sim can eat lunch on the toilet - REALLY Maxis?

So I really hate multi-tasking if all the little sort of humanizing interactions our sims could do in previous games can't be done in Sims 4, then I wish we didn't have multi-tasking - I know this is an unpopular opinion as all I hear is how much people love to multi-task. I just wonder do any of them realize what multi-tasking is costing us to have - when their sim cannot even lounge by the pool - something they have done since Sims 1 even.

Maybe that also explains why dogs can't sleep in the sims beds too.

But yeah when we have to trade all the best game reactions and play in the Sims games for multi-tasking - I wish we did not have it. It is not worth what we lost. I want slow dancing and lounge chairs, not poop and eat at the same time. (That is so gross by the way - there just aren't any words to say once you have seen your sim do that.)

I agree 100%. I loathe multi tasking. It slows everything down and makes things seem un natural.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top