Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Unpopular opinions about ts4

Comments

• Options
    AshtontoAshton22AshtontoAshton22 Posts: 1,797 Member
    edited December 2017
    I honestly don't care about witches or fairies.
    Post edited by EA_Lanna on
  • Options
    LiaRose1435LiaRose1435 Posts: 720 Member
    My unpopular opinion is that I don't want burglars in the game
    Am I too lost to be saved?
    Am I too lost?
  • Options
    KarallyneKarallyne Posts: 362 Member
    edited December 2017
    Scobre wrote: »
    Karallyne wrote: »
    Is this thread supposed to be unpopular opinions, or just me listing things I don't like? Because looking at the replies I'm rather confused.

Sure there are cases where an opinion might fit both categories, like "I don't like multitasking". But I'm not seeing how "I miss Open World", "Builder need more tools", and "We shouldn't have to rely on mods and cc to fix the game" are unpopular opinions.
    I think it can be whatever you want it to be so there is no right answer. Like you can agree with some of the points the OP mentions or just make your own. Kind of open to interpretation.

My point wasn't whether I was agreeing or disagreeing with anyone. Some of these just don't seem like unpopular opinions is all I'm saying.. regardless of whether I agree with them or not
  • Options
    aricaraiaricarai Posts: 8,984 Member
    Scobre wrote: »
    Is this thread supposed to be unpopular opinions, or just me listing things I don't like? Because looking at the replies I'm rather confused.

Sure there are cases where an opinion might fit both categories, like "I don't like multitasking". But I'm not seeing how "I miss Open World", "Builder need more tools", and "We shouldn't have to rely on mods and cc to fix the game" are unpopular opinions.
    I think it can be whatever you want it to be so there is no right answer. Like you can agree with some of the points the OP mentions or just make your own. Kind of open to interpretation.

My point wasn't whether I was agreeing or disagreeing with anyone. Some of these just don't seem like unpopular opinions is all I'm saying.. regardless of whether I agree with them or not

I've seen many say that they don't want an open world, there's been many tools for building tools that haven't surfaced for this iteration, and I've seen many suggestions that if something isn't in the game...well, just use mods and CC.

I apologise if I got it wrong, but that's how I interpreted the OP.
  • Options
    LavenderlightsLavenderlights Posts: 76 Member
    edited December 2017
    Just to clarify, this thread is intended for those who wish to share opinions that aren't commonly seen/shared around here (which may or may not include disagreeing with apparently "popular" opinions). It doesn't matter if it's a "negative" or "positive" opinion - as long as it's an unpopular opinion you have, you can share it here (or, of course - if you happen to share some of the ones I've listed in the OP - agree with them).

As for some people posting opinions that are already popular - I think that can possibly be due to them being unsure as to how commonly shared it is among the community. It happens - we don't frequent every thread, we don't see every post, so it's perfectly possible that we sometimes underestimate an opinion's popularity. But regardless, just post what you think is unpopular, and it'll all work out (most of the ones I'm seeing here seem to be unpopular enough to be considered so anyway).

EDIT: Forgot to add something.
    Post edited by Lavenderlights on
  • Options
    ApparentlyAwesomeApparentlyAwesome Posts: 1,523 Member
    Unpopular, eh? I don't know if my opinions are unpopular or not, I just know they're my opinions. :joy:
    1. I actually don't care that this game starts over ever five or so years.
    2. I don't care that they redo some of the same packs either.
    3. Although, I would prefer it if pets and seasons were included in the base game. At least dogs, cats, summer, winter, spring, fall, and the weather.
    4. I wouldn't mind if Uni was included in the base game either.
    5. I think the base game should come with at least three or four different worlds. A city, a suburb, a country, and a hybrid world incorporating all or most of those elements.
    6. And I think all the worlds should be connected as basically open cities, suburbs, and countries with a loading screen only if you're traveling to a different city/suburb/country. (We should be able to have a sim that lives in Sunset Valley, has family she can visit in Strangetown, and a penthouse she sometimes stays at in San Myshuno.)
    7. We should have hotels, airports, and bus stations (maybe an all around travel station lot)
    8. While I like a lot of it, most of the store items in TS3 seemed like products from failed EP and SP ideas or stuff that didn't make it into the released EPs and SPs on time.
    9. They should stop trying to be inclusive of people with low end computers and make a game based off what they and we players have in mind for content, not whether our computers will run it.
    10. 64 x 64 lots are too small half the time we should be able to have as much land as we want within 128 x 128 at least.
    11. Our sims should be able to come back to their parents house if their grown and treat it like a second home for the most part.
    12. Sims shouldn't automatically have cell phones.
    13. CAS should be far more advanced or come with an advanced CAS should the player choose to make even more detailed sims. (skills, fears, hometown, relationship level to people in hometown and household, etc.)
    14. It should be easier to go back and create a sims parents or siblings in CAS and implant them into the current save.
    15. We should have personality traits and personality points.
    16. Even though the base game I dream of would be expensive, most of the stuff I listed above being in it, I'd save up money to buy it and even save to buy a new computer if I had to.

That is all I can think of... Don't know the popularity of them all, though.
    KqGXVAC.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    Unpopular, eh? I don't know if my opinions are unpopular or not, I just know they're my opinions. :joy:

[*] I actually don't care that this game starts over ever five or so years.
    [*] I don't care that they redo some of the same packs either.
    Although, I would prefer it if pets and seasons were included in the base game. At least dogs, cats, summer, winter, spring, fall, and the weather.
    [*] I wouldn't mind if Uni was included in the base game either.
    [*] I think the base game should come with at least three or four different worlds. A city, a suburb, a country, and a hybrid world incorporating all or most of those elements.
    [*] And I think all the worlds should be connected as basically open cities, suburbs, and countries with a loading screen only if you're traveling to a different city/suburb/country. (We should be able to have a sim that lives in Sunset Valley, has family she can visit in Strangetown, and a penthouse she sometimes stays at in San Myshuno.)
    [*] We should have hotels, airports, and bus stations (maybe an all around travel station lot)
    [*] While I like a lot of it, most of the store items in TS3 seemed like products from failed EP and SP ideas or stuff that didn't make it into the released EPs and SPs on time.
    They should stop trying to be inclusive of people with low end computers and make a game based off what they and we players have in mind for content, not whether our computers will run it.
    [*] 64 x 64 lots are too small half the time we should be able to have as much land as we want within 128 x 128 at least.
    [*] Our sims should be able to come back to their parents house if their grown and treat it like a second home for the most part.
    Sims shouldn't automatically have cell phones.
    CAS should be far more advanced or come with an advanced CAS should the player choose to make even more detailed sims. (skills, fears, hometown, relationship level to people in hometown and household, etc.)
    [*] It should be easier to go back and create a sims parents or siblings in CAS and implant them into the current save.
    [*] We should have personality traits and personality points.
    Even though the base game I dream of would be expensive, most of the stuff I listed above being in it, I'd save up money to buy it and even save to buy a new computer if I had to.

That is all I can think of... Don't know the popularity of them all, though.

I agree with almost everything you said, but the bolded ones, I'm yelling: YAAAS!
  • Options
    AshtontoAshton22AshtontoAshton22 Posts: 1,797 Member
    I think the Paint from Reference option is brilliant!
  • Options
    ShadowmarkedShadowmarked Posts: 1,054 Member
    edited December 2017
    1. Toddlers, I don't really like them. I appreciate that they were well done and people have them, but toddlers have never been a stage I cared about and I don't like them. I cared about their omission on the level that it was taken away from the base game even though they were in it before.

3. I don't really care that it is now closed world, would like more open neighborhoods but even that isn't top priority for me.

4. I really don't like active careers.I in fact prefer rabbithole jobs. At least in this style of the game, in an open world I find active jobs and activities work fine. I don't enjoy them in this system of world though. (finding them borderline impossible to do with a full house)

5. Graphics are not important. For every single version this applies, I don't care about the graphics in a game.(even the ball pit was really a non issue for me)

6. Unrealistic play is the most entertaining style of play. Supernatural, magic, unrealistic hobbies/skills are the best part of this for me. Never enjoyed family play or anything else. I pretty much only ever play with supernatural Sims in every version and every save.

7. I like zombies, I would be fine with them returning

8. There is not nearly enough skills in this game, more skills are needed especially hobby like skills.

9. Pets ep is basically like all the other pet eps, and still of meh quality. I love animals in real life but Sims never have been able to capture the magic of pets for me.

10. I wish sp would go back to being just stuff. I don't like the game play added into the packs and feel like the actual theme of the pack isn't able to be explored enough with the limited amount of stuff we get. I wish we could get sp that focuses on a time era, art style or culture and gave us the build tools, items and sim cloths to allow us to immerse ourselves completely and build words focused on said theme.

10. Newspapers should be brought back, phones should not be automatic, land line phones should return etc. Basically I want more options to move my Sims games back to what ever time era I chose to play in. I feel like this one always kind of feels like it is in the 2015+ time era no matter what I do.

11. With the exception of the burglar I don't really care if more specialty npcs are added back into the game.

12. The music in this version irritates me. I don't know why but I always have to play the game on mute.

13. I never wanted emotions even when ts4 was initially promoting them, and I still don't want them. I was very happy making up my Sims feelings inside my head. As it is I completely ignored the emotions my Sims are in when it comes to my stories I still just make my Sims have the emotions I want for them in my head.

14. Multi tasking is terrible. It is also another feature I never really cared about in the first place.

15. I like how bills are done in this version. It actually adds some challenge to keeping an expensive house.

16. I don't really care that babies are objects

17. I'm fine with repeating features from older versions, especially well done ones.

18. I don't want cars or horses for this version. I don't think they would work well in the world's we have.

19. I don't care about the gallery. Nothing against it but it hasn't impacted my play style or enjoyment of my game at all.

20. Playing as myself or any other real person is creepy. Every time I have tried to do this I just get weirded out and stop quickly.
  • Options
    ApparentlyAwesomeApparentlyAwesome Posts: 1,523 Member
    @aricarai Thanks! I agree with majority of yours too! Especially 3, 5, and 6 and most especially the ones you've slashed out even though apparently they're popular. :grin:

I love reading through this thread.
    KqGXVAC.jpg
  • Options
    LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    1. Wish there were more consequences of not being social. I miss the social bunny :(
    2. I like the reading descriptions for certain items in the game and their titles. Sometimes they are just plain silly along with a few items containing some lore with some reoccurring pieces in the set.
    3. I like the fact that teens can live on their own and be able to take care of any younger siblings without an adult in the household.
    4. Seeing sims changing into party or formal wear by night time is still so great to me. Like they're actually going off to a party, bar or etc. My sim is at home or on another lot and it's night and I see other Sims I might have seen in the day time wearing their other clothes. Same with their work clothes at certain times.
    5. It bugs me that I can't like cook at a sims relative home or something without it being 'inappropriate'. :neutral: Yet they're always inappropriate when they're over at my sims home. Bunch of hypocrites.
    6. I'll never get tired of Sims actually falling asleep in the bathtub or taking a drink to just drink it in the bathtub. Talk about multitasking.
    7. Wish the welcome wagon would bring something other than fruitcake. :grimace:
    8. Feels like there need to be more backstory with more pre-mades. I need more scandals in life. It's nice to be drawn in into other sims around you and not just yours own. Pre-mades look nice in their design, but there's never much story to them that'll have an affect on their family or others usually. Only pre-mades I've found interest in was Lord & Lady Shallot with backstory.
    9. I actually adore Elder sims. The one from Get Together in the white suit is such a charmer~ Ahhhhhhh <--SO UNPOPULAR pfft
    10. Be it a glitch or not my sims leaving the door ajar and sometimes the fridge still amazes me.
    11. I miss but also don't miss Sims just looking up and breaking the fourth wall. Still acknowledging that you're there but still kinda creepy.
    12. There's still not enough body and skin details for me.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited December 2017
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    A very unpopular opinion I guess would be: I don’t care about multitasking. If anything I think it’s a nuisance. If it were a toggle I’d disable it.

(sorry for being a negative Nancy but my opinion on this is pretty strong and sincere)

Can you elaborate on this? I've heard some people complain about multi-tasking saying that it makes things take too long - eating for example.
    Indeed, that. Plus it’s no real multitasking, they just do two actions in turns autonomously (and it takes forever). But to me there’s more and that’s where the unpopularity of the opinion comes in ;) I genuinely don’t care sims being able to do two things at the same time. I like the clarity of them finishing one thing first, then go to the next. Always obeying my instruction in that respect. Me being able to give them a series of instructions and them just doing that while I’m busy controlling another sim in the household.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    I thought of a couple more, so I edited my post with:

1. I'm not fussed on gradual ageing (I think the spinning around and confetti is part of the charm)
    2. I'm not fussed on height sliders
  • Options
    TerraTerra Posts: 1,353 Member
    edited December 2017
    Ooh, interesting thread. Here are mine:

1. I love what gets dismissed as "set dressing". Beautiful, immersive, detailed worlds are so important to my playstyle because they inspire me to tell stories. And to BUILD! Holy bells, I love building in San Myshuno with those panoramic views over the city. Makes me so happy.
    2. Outdoor Retreat and Spa Day are the best game packs.
    3. I am so grateful that the Sims team keeps people with low-end computers in mind because the Sims is the only PC game I play and I can only afford a new laptop every 5-6 years.
    4. I can take or leave pets in any iteration of the game.
    5. I've never been a fan of University - worst TS2 expansion, never bothered with it in TS3, hope it doesn't come any time soon in TS4.
    6. I like how Happy moodlets (yes, including environment scores) boosts positive emotions so it can help my Sims be Inspired or Focused or Energized. (Now, if Uncomfortable boosted negative emotions like in that one mod, we'd have the perfect system for me, because I want my negative emotions to get boosted too.)
    7. City Living is a great expansion pack.
  • Options
    NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    An unpopular opinion that I have is that I actually HATE the toddlers. I purchased this game originally because of it did not have toddlers. That was after researching for a year between Sims 3 and Sims 4. I have only ever played the original The Sims before Sims 4. I skipped Sims 2 since the original game worked fine on my computer. By the time I was forced to get a new game, my research told me that Sims 4 was more my style. Now, with toddlers added, it is no longer the game I originally bought.
  • Options
    BlueBlack007BlueBlack007 Posts: 4,480 Member
    I do not know bout any of that, I like some of the packs for Sims 4, I got the Pet Pack for 2 reasons, 1 to be able to make My own fur Babies and put them in My game with My Character, and 2 to get the New World that was added, so Pets was a good buy for Myself, as for Season's , Ya I would like that in My game as well, ( But ) I want more Gothic and Supernatural's first, as well as more stuff to do like Going on Vacation's with My Sims to different places like maybe a Island get away or a Cruise, but I am just going to wait and see what this game pops out next, I can not give My full Opinion on this game until all is said and done, only then will I decide for Myself if the game was worth getting or not, if not then I wasted a lot of money since so far I got every single pack thus far, I am just hoping more Gothic stuff will be added for Gothic players like Myself.
  • Options
    PerunaPeruna Posts: 101 Member
    I like Sims 4 just fine. Sure, there are a lot of things that could be improved but that also goes for pretty much all of my favourite games. From what I've read people who played TS2 and TS3 are disappointed in TS4 but the last Sims game I played was the original one so I really don't have anything to compare it to.

Not really looking forward to the laundry pack. I'll get it if there's good B&B and CAS stuff in it, but laundry itself is not a draw for me and I'm honestly a little baffled that it won and people want it so much.

I'm also really not looking forward to any other supernatural/occult lifestages that might get added in the future. Aliens I'm ok with (though I would also not miss them), vampires I feel a little "ehh" about, but mermaids, sorcerers, faeries, werewolves, plantsims etc.? I'd rather not have a dozen different types of supernatural sims in my game.

Also, I like City Living!
  • Options
    Rukola_SchaafRukola_Schaaf Posts: 3,065 Member
    i like the silly walks in TS4
    right now playing 3 male teens with their moodswings & phases, it's funny to have an additional silly walk style added :joy:

i won't be participating in the forums & the gallery anymore - thanks EA
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    @JoAnne65 Luv your Xmas Character pic, she is lovely, :)
  • Options
    edited December 2017

Thank you so much! I'm kind of in love with her too. The artist did a good job :mrgreen:
  • Options
    ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    edited December 2017
    I don't share most of the major complaints about TS4, a few of them? Sure. Keep fixing the bugs; release more varied content including some content that focuses on hobbies and activities; I'd like world-editing; I've mentioned this before but sometimes recently the game can seem a little bit excessively childish. Get Together and some of the earlier packs didn't seem so childish so it's a more recent thing in the game. I'm referring to things such as the vet illnesses all being really childish with no risk of a pet dying early if untreated; the pet treats all do silly things. The DJing booth (yes, I know that's GT) with the glowing ducks and teddy bears seems like it is strangely made for kids. The romantic animations seem a bit watered down, especially the kissing and cuddling stuff. I think there are situations where sims could be more reactive to events around them. I agree with all that.

Unpopular ops? I don't care about apartment-editing. I never did it in prior games. I did have sims who moved into apartments but never focused on making my own. I generally like CL other than the bugginess of festival outfits. I haven't played a festival lately to see if that was actually fixed in my game. I like the diverse and vibrant city. I like the option of sending sims out to a festival and I'll still do it when it seems right for a sim.

Going along with that theme, yes, I find the worlds very immersive. The backdrop art of houses, pedestrians and details does all interest me. I pretty much develop my sims according to the world around them though. I like how each lot and neighborhood gives me a very different feel and I can come up with ideas for each place. The backdrops and beauty of the worlds probably do draw me into this game.

This is very unpopular. I like smiling, happy sims. I'm generally fine with emotions and I tend to let most of my sims be pretty happy. I don't mind when they get happy moodlets from decor either because I like customizing their homes for them. It is good to see them enjoying themselves when they are in a space that I've catered to them. I do create drama and difficulties for my sims, so it's not always a breeze for my sims but I like when they are happy a chunk of the time. I also like them to be social with each other, both in their households and around town.

I generally like SPs. Lol. I like the price point. Sure, some of the themes are a bit more developed than others, but I've liked the ones I've gotten. Perfect Patio could have had more in it but I do like those hot tubs and what did come with it. I like Bowling Night; I actually like Fitness Stuff which I got on a lark - hey, I made an awesome gym. I really like Spa Day and the restaurants that came with DO (yes, bugs need to be fixed but I just send my sims out to eat right now). Yes, those last two are GPs but my point is that I like some of the realistic activities that came with the game. The "popular op" seems to be that they are boring but I like them all a lot. I send my sims out a lot in the game.

I've said this before but I don't care about open world or the current loading screens. Sure, I would like it if we could see neighbors getting the mail or mowing lawns but I like the lack of story progression for non-playables because I'm basically playing most of the town. I prefer this because I'm not tied to one household. I like being able to decide which households I play and which I allow to just age. I've also found that I can manage the development of the town myself through Manage Worlds and CAS. If I want, I marry off townies and make them unplayable so they can be neighbors. Sure, I'd be happy to see them mowing a lawn and grabbing a paper when I'm not playing them. I do see them jogging by or at the diner or elsewhere around town though.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    aricarai wrote: »

Thank you so much! I'm kind of in love with her too. The artist did a good job :mrgreen:

I agree, did a awesome job on her, therefore I will give you a awesome as well for finding her, :)
  • Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    I hate multi tasking. I don’t want my sims to take literally hours to eat a meal. Makes no sense and is a pain in the butt. It’s also not even multi tasking because when you watch it, it’s a case of stop what the sim is doing, chat, resume activity, stop to chat and so on and so forth.

I hate dogs. Needy, unrealistic little cluster of pixels that are just too easy and not at all like dogs I have and know in real life. Too simplified and watered down, no chew need? No destroying furniture like previously? Come on EA!

I’m not interested in laundry and can’t believe that won the vote. Well actually I can believe it.

Now for a really unpopular one, I don’t think toddlers are the best thing since sliced bread. Don’t get me wrong, they are cute and I like their interactions but they to me dont feel like toddlers, more like pre schoolers. I miss seeing them crawl, I miss teaching them to walk and talk and the sims 4 toddlers just feel a little too independent. Leave a plate of food on the counter and give your toddler a tablet and feel free to ignore them for the next few days.

I’m also not bothered about cars. I don’t think In some worlds it would work and I think it would be more immersion breaking to cut to a load screen the second the sim starts to walk to a car like they do with the boat.

In the original post number 4 about relating to relationships I don’t understand it? Couldn’t you always have multiple partners? But they weren’t acknowledged? I.e like my sims 3 Sim has lots of romantic interests but she doesn’t refer to them all as her boyfriends. She has her husband and that’s it. The rest are in her panel. It’s the same thing just noemthe sims 4names it? Also sims 4 sims can only have one best friend which I found out after I heard dramatic music and thought someone had popped their clogs to discover that my sim was no longer best friends with her daughter as she was now best friends with her husband. I don’t really care for that, I prefer the older ways of having multiple best friends but to each their own.
  • Options
    EA_LannaEA_Lanna Posts: 3,867 EA Community Manager
    Hi folks,

I temporarily locked this thread to do some quick clean-up. I'll reopen it now but I would ask that you be considerate of the OP's thread when participating. Remember that there will be opinions that you will not agree with and some users may not agree with yours but that does not make it ok to bait or pick fights with others. If there's confusion over the discussion, please read the below quote as I feel the OP explains it best:
    Just to clarify, this thread is intended for those who wish to share opinions that aren't commonly seen/shared around here (which may or may not include disagreeing with apparently "popular" opinions). It doesn't matter if it's a "negative" or "positive" opinion - as long as it's an unpopular opinion you have, you can share it here (or, of course - if you happen to share some of the ones I've listed in the OP - agree with them).

As for some people posting opinions that are already popular - I think that can possibly be due to them being unsure as to how commonly shared it is among the community. It happens - we don't frequent every thread, we don't see every post, so it's perfectly possible that we sometimes underestimate an opinion's popularity. But regardless, just post what you think is unpopular, and it'll all work out (most of the ones I'm seeing here seem to be unpopular enough to be considered so anyway).
    • New Simmers, take a moment to read through this thread.
    • The Help Center is hosted on Answers HQ. Check out EA_Mage's thread on why.
    • Please post all Sims 4 Bug Reports, Technical and Gameplay issues in the AHQ Sims 4 Section.
    • Here is a quick link to The Sims forum rules
    oa2aib6yaucg.jpg

• Options
    LavenderlightsLavenderlights Posts: 76 Member
    edited December 2017
    In the original post number 4 about relating to relationships I don’t understand it? Couldn’t you always have multiple partners? But they weren’t acknowledged? I.e like my sims 3 Sim has lots of romantic interests but she doesn’t refer to them all as her boyfriends. She has her husband and that’s it. The rest are in her panel. It’s the same thing just noemthe sims 4names it? Also sims 4 sims can only have one best friend which I found out after I heard dramatic music and thought someone had popped their clogs to discover that my sim was no longer best friends with her daughter as she was now best friends with her husband. I don’t really care for that, I prefer the older ways of having multiple best friends but to each their own.

What I meant by no. 4 was that your sim could have multiple relationship statuses with other sims - not multiple relationships/partners. For example, in ts4, your sim could be ex-dates, best friends and romantic interests with another ALL at the same time; unlike the previous versions where they could only be either ex-dates or best friends or (something else).
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top