Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Lifespan Mod Recommendations

Good Morning Simmers!

I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations for a life span mod for the Sims 2? As much as I love the Sims 2 some of the life spans are bit on the shorter side for my liking. Ideally the life spans would be as followed for me;

Baby: Fine as is as far as I'm concerned but don't mind if they bump up the duration abit
Toddler: 7 days (4 days is wayyyyyy to short to get everything done imo)
Child: 14 days
Teen: 14-21 days
Young Adult: Not a focal concern, but I don't think it can be changed anyway since it is based off of the University System.
Adult: 35 - 40
Elders: Not a huge focal concern for me either, but I have no objections if their duration got raised as well.

I will take any and all suggestions. These numbers above are not a requirement but I'd like to be as close to it as possible. I'm not a huge mod/cc guy so I'd prefer one that isn't to overly complicated.

Thanks again in advance for all your suggestions.
“It matters not what someone is born, but what they grow to be.” –The Goblet of Fire

Comments

• JULES1111JULES1111 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Hiya! This is the one I use. It is not exact, but really close to what you are looking for.

http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=494515

Babies 3 days // Toddlers 6 days // Children 12 days // Teens 12 days // Adults between 35 to 40 days // Elders between 10 to 30 days

Every other one I have found is either to short, or way to long.
  • lonestarranger01lonestarranger01 Posts: 60 Member
    JULES1111 wrote: »
    Hiya! This is the one I use. It is not exact, but really close to what you are looking for.

Babies 3 days // Toddlers 6 days // Children 12 days // Teens 12 days // Adults between 35 to 40 days // Elders between 10 to 30 days

@JULES1111 that is perfect! I agree with you 100% on that most of the ones I was able to find as well were to long or shor as well. Thanks for sharing!
    “It matters not what someone is born, but what they grow to be.” –The Goblet of Fire
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Hey, do you know if I install this mod if David will get more days? He is one day from growing up and I had to turn aging off since I don't want him to grow up but want Carolyn to age closer to young adult so she can go to college a few days away from aging to adult. I always felt child stage was too short and teen too long.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • WarGreymon77WarGreymon77 Posts: 127 Member
    In the base game: Toddler stage is too short to get things done. Adult stage is way too short to be realistic! Teen is too long to be realistic (Too brief irl. Don't we know it?).
    Cinebar wrote: »
    Hey, do you know if I install this mod if David will get more days? He is one day from growing up and I had to turn aging off since I don't want him to grow up but want Carolyn to age closer to young adult so she can go to college a few days away from aging to adult. I always felt child stage was too short and teen too long.

Ya I think he should. I believe the first time I downloaded it I already had a family going, and it just added on the extra days.. if I remember right. :#

@JULES1111 that is perfect! I agree with you 100% on that most of the ones I was able to find as well were to long or shor as well. Thanks for sharing!

Your welcome! Glad it works for you. Happy Simming! :)
    Thanks Jules, I'm going to try this today. :)
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Scribal_GoddessScribal_Goddess Posts: 748 Member
    I've used the customisable mod from simlogical forever: http://www.simlogical.com/sl/Sims2Pages/Sims2_Aging.htm

I ought to tweak it again so I can get a slightly better aging ratio in New Edenia...
    Patron Goddess of Newbs and Ninnyhammers.
    TS2 Graphics Fix Tutorial]
  • WarGreymon77WarGreymon77 Posts: 127 Member
    I forgot to say this, but the child stage is short too. So little bonding time. "They grow up so fast" :) And it's definitely longer than teen in real life.
    @thesirenseye, I'm just posting to let others know, I tested this mod and it will not add extra life days to existing Sims. :/

But it does work for any other Sim created or added after the mod is installed.
    @thesirenseye, I'm just posting to let others know, I tested this mod and it will not add extra life days to existing Sims. :/

Ahhh bummer. I guess I remembered wrong. Sorry about that. :/

Ahhh bummer. I guess I remembered wrong. Sorry about that. :/

It's ok. :) I turned off aging for David on that particular lot. I can let others grow older (but probably won't let them turn elder for a very long time yet) on other lots and by moving them around since it would fit my story anyway. :)
  • sunblondsunblond Posts: 1,035 Member
    edited December 2017
    I found this mod, somehow, Age Check Mod, it's a Chris Hatch mod, essentially, you put it in your Downloads folder and start your game, when you load a lot, it runs and globally changes all the aging in game to whatever age mod you have loaded, you will get a notice in game that it has completed its scan. You save your game and then close it and take the mod out. You only need to use it the one time. I have used it for a week in my game and have had no issues, seems to work like a charm.

Somewhere I found a thread with the instructions on the mod but cant find it now. Here is a thread that has the link.

http://modthesims.info/t/603534
    Origin ID is: sobenewbie
    sunblond wrote: »
    I found this mod, somehow, Age Check Mod, it's a Chris Hatch mod, essentially, you put it in your Downloads folder and start your game, when you load a lot, it runs and globally changes all the aging in game to whatever age mod you have loaded, you will get a notice in game that it has completed its scan. You save your game and then close it and take the mod out. You only need to use it the one time. I have used it for a week in my game and have had no issues, seems to work like a charm.

Somewhere I found a thread with the instructions on the mod but cant find it now. Here is a thread that has the link.

This sounds interesting, but I am still unsure what it does? Aging happens per lot you are on, so how does it change it globally? I am confused LOL :D

This sounds interesting, but I am still unsure what it does? Aging happens per lot you are on, so how does it change it globally? I am confused LOL :D

For example, say I am playing a game in Plesantview, with the Plesant household, and I wanted to add a mod to my downloads folder to make the twin girls stay teens longer, well, normally, it would not work. The mod would only effect new sims that either I, or the game creates, not the ones who exist in the game already. But, with the Age Check in my downloads folder along with the new aging mod I just installed, once I go to a lot, it will alter the aging for all the sims in Plesantview that already existed.

For example, say I am playing a game in Plesantview, with the Plesant household, and I wanted to add a mod to my downloads folder to make the twin girls stay teens longer, well, normally, it would not work. The mod would only effect new sims that either I, or the game creates, not the ones who exist in the game already. But, with the Age Check in my downloads folder along with the new aging mod I just installed, once I go to a lot, it will alter the aging for all the sims in Plesantview that already existed.

Oh I see!! That sounds awesome! Dang @Cinebar could have used this a couple days ago! Maybe she still can. Thank you for the explanation! That makes much more sence now, and sounds very handy.
    IIRC, Chris Hatch "retired" as a creator before Free Time, and I'm relatively sure Free Time tweaked some stuff about aging, so read the documentation really carefully here. Good luck!
    IIRC, Chris Hatch "retired" as a creator before Free Time, and I'm relatively sure Free Time tweaked some stuff about aging, so read the documentation really carefully here. Good luck!

Hmmm must have come out of retirement then because he is still active. Since BAS has closed down, he said he is uploading all his past and future mods to another site. Can't link it is a adult site.. of course.
    Yes, the link for the mod is from the creator himself, and was last posted in July 2017.
    Oooh, didn't know that! Creators came back, yay!