Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

So when do you think the January Quarterly Teaser will Release? (Update it's out Now Jan 2)

Comments

• DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    12JEREMIA wrote: »
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    A game pack in January would be Vocal Legend

Are you guessing? Because you sound very certain. Am I missing something?

He's clueless.
    *speaking into his lower voice* Danny! It wasn't you thinking of me being clueless, I really wanna know things about music. Here's this, when I first seeing City Living having a karaoke machine and a karaoke bar. Do we see a singer career in there? No. Do we see any celebrities? No. Cause that's why we need a celebrity pack with singers in it OK!

Yes, CL has a karaoke machine in it, but it's for amateurs, not professional singers. I'm sure there will be a SHOWBIZ pack one day that will have a singing career, acting career, fashionista career and maybe the return of the magician and acrobat careers. CL, however, is not that pack.

I also understand that you want to know about music features in future packs and when they will arrive, but they do not discuss future packs. They are not allowed to say what will come and when. The best we can hope for is a clue in the next Quarterly Teaser in January. If there is nothing there, then we wait until the next teaser in April. Making demands for information is a waste of time. We'll all just have to be patient.
  • 12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member
    edited December 2017

He's clueless.
    *speaking into his lower voice* Danny! It wasn't you thinking of me being clueless, I really wanna know things about music. Here's this, when I first seeing City Living having a karaoke machine and a karaoke bar. Do we see a singer career in there? No. Do we see any celebrities? No. Cause that's why we need a celebrity pack with singers in it OK!

Yes, CL has a karaoke machine in it, but it's for amateurs, not professional singers. I'm sure there will be a SHOWBIZ pack one day that will have a singing career, acting career, fashionista career and maybe the return of the magician and acrobat careers. CL, however, is not that pack.

I also understand that you want to know about music features in future packs and when they will arrive, but they do not discuss future packs. They are not allowed to say what will come and when. The best we can hope for is a clue in the next Quarterly Teaser in January. If there is nothing there, then we wait until the next teaser in April. Making demands for information is a waste of time. We'll all just have to be patient.

Until 2018 right Danny?
    Post edited by EA_Lanna on
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    hope we get to see the teaser sooner then later
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    agent_bev wrote: »
    ChadSims2 wrote: »
    Why do we know this? I thought Laundry Day was supposed to be released in September, and now I can't find anything about a release date.
    September was just the vote to name the pack, Laundry Day will most likely be released in the first quarter Jan-March. I really hope to see them release another game pack we have not got any decent game play since Parenting.

Whaa? No decent game play? Cats and Dogs!

Some people didn't get Cats & Dogs, either because they weren't interested or their system couldn't handle the increased specs.

I'd say the January teaser will be early in the second week of January; might take a while for everyone to make it back into the office with New Year's Day falling on a Monday, and they tend to wait till most of the SimGurus are in the office so they can help with the promotional Tweets.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member

Yes but if you don't believe me, City Living has become half baked when there's no singer career.

That's your opinion. I'm perfectly fine with City Living the way it is (other than not being able to sell photographs from the Flea Market Art Wall, and now that photography is patched in for all players I hope they'll get that little oversight fixed).
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • BuzzBuzzBuzzBuzz Posts: 303 Member
    PRETEENS!
  • orkhid22orkhid22 Posts: 2,226 Member
    edited December 2017
    I would say... hmmm ... only 2 Stuff Packs like 2016.
    But they can still copy The Sims Mobile and release a Fashion GP.

Summer Vacation GP should be planned for the Spring quarter.

Maybe a Vehicle Patch will be release in the 6 next months, who knows.

---- | jan.  | feb.  | mar.  | apr.  | may   |  june   | july  | aug.  || sep.  | oct.  | nov.  | dec.  |
    2014 |       |       |       |       |       |         |       |       ||BG DDU | - - - | - - - | FP01  |
    2015 | GP01  | - - - | EP01  | - - - | SP01  |  SP02   | GP02  | SP03  || SP04  | - - - | - - - | EP02  |
    2016 | SP05  | SP06  | - - - | - - - | - - - |GP03 SP07| SP08  | - - - || - - - | - - - | EP03  | SP09  |
    2017 | GP04  | - - - | SP10  | - - - | GP05  |  SP11   | - - - | SP12  || - - - | - - - | EP04  | - - - |

I'm hoping for a 2017 repeat year and hope the next GP is a vacation pack

Edited to add: last year the quarterly teaser was out around Jan 4. I expect the same again in 2018
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited December 2017
    I think anywhere from Jan. 1st to Jan. 31st since that will be the start of the quarter. I'm hoping for a farm GP next. For SP for next quarter I am pretty sure it will be the laundry pack.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Scobre wrote: »
    I think anywhere from Jan. 1st to Jan. 31st since that will be the start of the quarter. I'm hoping for a farm GP next. For SP for next quarter I am pretty sure it will be the laundry pack.

Jan 31st seems late. I'm thinking Early Jan. I strongly believe we'll be getting another Gamepack in February.
  • Lomelindi7Lomelindi7 Posts: 1,339 Member

Yeah don’t worry it will never be as late as January 31st. It will likely be within the first week of January. At the latest, the second week.
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Lomelindi7 wrote: »

Yeah don’t worry it will never be as late as January 31st. It will likely be within the first week of January. At the latest, the second week.
    I know I was trying to make a joke. :)
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Lomelindi7Lomelindi7 Posts: 1,339 Member
    Lomelindi7 wrote: »

I know I was trying to make a joke. :)

Ah, it can be hard to tell online :)
  • k8nortok8norto Posts: 3 New Member
    [quote="BuzzBuzz;c-16210893"][spoiler][b]PRETEENS![/b][/spoiler][/quote]
    This would be awesome but I think they’d do something like they did with toddlers then so a SP after
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,232 Member
    When ?

Previously January 1st was on Sunday, the most of people didn't work on Monday, Maxis was back to office on Tuesday and the teaser was released on Friday.

This time January 1st will be on Monday, I think Friday (5th), Sunday (7th) or Monday (8th) are possible.
    edited December 2017
    k8norto wrote: »
    BuzzBuzz wrote: »
    PRETEENS!
    This would be awesome but I think they’d do something like they did with toddlers then so a SP after

Yep! I would play Sims 4 if they had preteens! People say preteens aren't needed, they're redundant, they cost to much funds, they're no different from children and teens, Sims 4 devs need to work on something else, etc. I strongly disagree with all of this. Nobody ever mentions the positive side about preteens (some do). Preteens can be a substitute for shorter teens and fix the weird gap between children and teens. That's why people want preteens. The devs know we want them!
    orkhid22 wrote: »

---- | jan.  | feb.  | mar.  | apr.  | may   |  june   | july  | aug.  || sep.  | oct.  | nov.  | dec.  |
    2014 |       |       |       |       |       |         |       |       ||BG DDU | - - - | - - - | FP01  |
    2015 | GP01  | - - - | EP01  | - - - | SP01  |  SP02   | GP02  | SP03  || SP04  | - - - | - - - | EP02  |
    2016 | SP05  | SP06  | - - - | - - - | - - - |GP03 SP07| SP08  | - - - || - - - | - - - | EP03  | SP09  |
    2017 | GP04  | - - - | SP10  | - - - | GP05  |  SP11   | - - - | SP12  || - - - | - - - | EP04  | - - - |

Edited to add: last year the quarterly teaser was out around Jan 4. I expect the same again in 2018

It's possible we'll get another game pack. I was kind hoping it centered on family (Generations) since they released Parenthood and Pets.
    k8norto wrote: »
    PRETEENS!

Yep! I would play Sims 4 if they had preteens! People say preteens aren't needed, they're redundant, they cost to much funds, they're no different from children and teens, Sims 4 devs need to work on something else, etc. I strongly disagree with all of this. Nobody ever mentions the positive side about preteens (some do). Preteens can be a substitute for shorter teens and fix the weird gap between children and teens. That's why people want preteens. The devs know we want them!

So, according to you, the only reason for preteens is to fill a height gap that you don't like. What an excellent reason to go to all the time, expense and effort of adding something few want or care about. Just to fill your gap.
  • SimmerSuper6464SimmerSuper6464 Posts: 224 Member

It's possible we'll get another game pack. I was kind hoping it centered on family (Generations) since they released Parenthood and Pets.

I don’t think so. They already have parenthood and Cats and Dogs. And some simmers are angry because “too much family play!”
    They might release another supernatural GP but it could anyone’s guess.

I don’t think so. They already have parenthood and Cats and Dogs. And some simmers are angry because “too much family play!”

There is still a lot of family stuff missing but I suppose it could be added to Seasons.

Missing in Action
    Play Catch Together

Lots of playground equipment like swings,seesaws and other things.

Interactions like Gift Giving,Pillow Fighting and other stuff missing.

Photobooths and Greeting Card Pictures.

I want all this stuff back

There is still a lot of family stuff missing but I suppose it could be added to Seasons.

Missing in Action
    Play Catch Together

Why do you insist on lumping stuff into a pack that doesn't belong? That would mean getting rid of stuff for the pack to have room for your stuff that doesn't belong.

Missing in Action
    Play Catch Together

Why do you insist on lumping stuff into a pack that doesn't belong? That would mean getting rid of stuff for the pack to have room for your stuff that doesn't belong.

Seasons is really a family pack when you think of it. It usually comes with activities like making snowmen/snow angels together,build snowmen together and other stuff like snowball fights,water fights,skating etc so that stuff would fit with Seasons if they don't do a Generations Pack. A Seasons Expansion would have room enough for that stuff plus the regular seasons activities and interactions.
  • 2HubbiesNLove2HubbiesNLove Posts: 658 Member
    I'm hoping the Quarter Teaser is announced on Christmas Day or the Tuesday right after Christmas, as a huge gift to the community to see what's to come for January-March. As everyone has already said it's pretty obvious that the Laundry stuff pack will be a January release. I'm really hoping for a Finding Love GP for February or early March. Although, I really wish they would release a Witches & Wizards GP early 2018.

Missing in Action
    Play Catch Together

Seasons is really a family pack when you think of it. It usually comes with activities like making snowmen/snow angels together,build snowmen together and other stuff like snowball fights,water fights,skating etc so that stuff would fit with Seasons if they don't do a Generations Pack. A Seasons Expansion would have room enough for that stuff plus the regular seasons activities and interactions.

Seasons is NOT a family pack. Yes, there may be interactions that families can do, like a snowball fight, but that is not limited to families and doesn't add to family relationships, and you can have a snowball fight with total strangers who happen to be nearby.

They won't be doing a Generations pack because that was what the Parenting pack was all about. They aren't going to repeat the same pack twice.
  • SimmerSuper6464SimmerSuper6464 Posts: 224 Member

Missing in Action
    Play Catch Together

Seasons is NOT a family pack. Yes, there may be interactions that families can do, like a snowball fight, but that is not limited to families and doesn't add to family relationships, and you can have a snowball fight with total strangers who happen to be nearby.

They won't be doing a Generations pack because that was what the Parenting pack was all about. They aren't going to repeat the same pack twice.

My thoughts exactly.
  • graventhegraventhe Posts: 1,330 Member

Missing in Action
    Play Catch Together

You missed classic/romantic dance that was in Seasons but I think it might come in Find love GP