Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

So when do you think the January Quarterly Teaser will Release? (Update it's out Now Jan 2)

catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,387 Member
With the long Christmas and New Year's Break I'm guessing the 2nd week of January. This one has me interested. We know we're getting Laundry Day in the first quarter and I'm wondering if we'll also see a Gamepack in Quarter 1. We're certainly overdue for one.
Post edited by catloverplayer on

Comments

• JulianneALeeJulianneALee Posts: 109 Member
    Why do we know this? I thought Laundry Day was supposed to be released in September, and now I can't find anything about a release date.
    Julianne Lee
    Simmer since 2001
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Why do we know this? I thought Laundry Day was supposed to be released in September, and now I can't find anything about a release date.
    September was just the vote to name the pack, Laundry Day will most likely be released in the first quarter Jan-March. I really hope to see them release another game pack we have not got any decent game play since Parenting.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • agent_bevagent_bev Posts: 1,313 Member
    edited December 2017
    ChadSims2 wrote: »
    September was just the vote to name the pack, Laundry Day will most likely be released in the first quarter Jan-March. I really hope to see them release another game pack we have not got any decent game play since Parenting.

Whaa? No decent game play? Cats and Dogs!
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    There's Laundry, everybody knows that. But just what else is beyond guessing. It's spring, after all.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,387 Member
    Laundry is already finished. I expect a Mid January release on that. GP I expect in Feb.
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    Laundry is already finished. I expect a Mid January release on that. GP I expect in Feb.

me to
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • DeservedCriticismDeservedCriticism Posts: 2,251 Member
    In January
    "Who are you, that do not know your history?"
  • 12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member
    A game pack in January would be Vocal Legend
  • graventhegraventhe Posts: 1,330 Member

I think the GP in February is either Get love or get famous
    graventhe wrote: »

I think the GP in February is either Get love or get famous

I'm hoping for a Romantic Themed Gamepack.
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,950 Member
    I would like to see some vacation game packs.
  • rinre33rinre33 Posts: 697 Member
    Hopefully the beginning of the second week. I'm hoping we will see more than laundry (as I assume it will come out in january) but I'm doubtful. Really hoping for a news game pack in February.
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,215 Member
    edited December 2017
    I would say... hmmm ... only 2 Stuff Packs like 2016.
    But they can still copy The Sims Mobile and release a Fashion GP.

Summer Vacation GP should be planned for the Spring quarter.

Maybe a Vehicle Patch will be release in the 6 next months, who knows.

---- | jan.  | feb.  | mar.  | apr.  | may   |  june   | july  | aug.  || sep.  | oct.  | nov.  | dec.  |
    2014 |       |       |       |       |       |         |       |       ||BG DDU | - - - | - - - | FP01  |
    2015 | GP01  | - - - | EP01  | - - - | SP01  |  SP02   | GP02  | SP03  || SP04  | - - - | - - - | EP02  |
    2016 | SP05  | SP06  | - - - | - - - | - - - |GP03 SP07| SP08  | - - - || - - - | - - - | EP03  | SP09  |
    2017 | GP04  | - - - | SP10  | - - - | GP05  |  SP11   | - - - | SP12  || - - - | - - - | EP04  | - - - |

• elelunicyelelunicy Posts: 2,004 Member
    Maybe they'll surprise use and release three packs in a quarter - one game pack and two stuff packs <3
    qidpmcvgek8y.png
    Yoko2112 wrote: »
    agent_bev wrote: »
    ChadSims2 wrote: »

Whaa? No decent game play? Cats and Dogs!

So no decent gameplay.
    In January

I feel like you might be onto something here. Personally, I would've said April but January might also work. I guess it's too bad there's no real way of telling though :c
    Quarterly Teaser will be released sometimes in Early Jan but the question is when since the gurus have a long Christmas and New Year's break. Now the next quarterly teaser after the Jan one will be in April.
    elelunicy wrote: »
    Maybe they'll surprise use and release three packs in a quarter - one game pack and two stuff packs <3

I'd rather them space out the stuff packs since we're only getting 4 a year now so we won't have any dry months with no content.
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    Personally, I believe Sims 2 hit the sweet spot with releases. 2 EPs every 6 months with a few SPs in between. Granted, they didn't patch in free content or carry forward EP features to the base game (like the ability to change your toddler's appearance in the mirror), but at least the content was substantial AND stable (mostly). And we got occasional free stuff on the exchange. And also that horridly ugly Hilary Duff sim with TS2 Pets that didn't look much like her if you took off her makeup.

As much as I'd love more content like Sims 3, it suffered in terms of stability. Even with an i7, GTX 10 series GPU, and NRaas, it still crashes occasionally for me.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • EliharbEliharb Posts: 476 Member
    I don't like the idea of a fashion SP or GP unless it's really well made (inspired by famous designers). Their in house designs for Luxury whatever SP were horrid. The idea that luxury/glamour is glitter on tuxedos baffles me.
    Playing on Intel Core i7-5960X 16 core CPU - 32 GB DDR4 Ram - GTX 980 Ti
  • elelunicyelelunicy Posts: 2,004 Member

I'd rather them space out the stuff packs since we're only getting 4 a year now so we won't have any dry months with no content.

We only got 3 stuff packs in 2017 tho. The extra stuff pack just makes up for the one we didn't get this year.
    icmnfrsh wrote: »
    As much as I'd love more content like Sims 3, it suffered in terms of stability. Even with an i7, GTX 10 series GPU, and NRaas, it still crashes occasionally for me.

TS3 is a 32-bit game and the crashes are inevitable, regardless of what hardware you have.

TS4 is 64-bit so it does not have the same issue.
    qidpmcvgek8y.png
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    TS3 is a 32-bit game and the crashes are inevitable, regardless of what hardware you have.

TS4 is 64-bit so it does not have the same issue.

Yeah, exactly! I just realized earlier that TS3 is a memory-hungry game in a 32-bit exe. 4 GB is definitely not enough for it sometimes. And that is one area where TS4 shines, at least.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    12JEREMIA wrote: »

Are you guessing? Because you sound very certain. Am I missing something?
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.

Yes but if you don't believe me, City Living has become half baked when there's no singer career.
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member

He's clueless.
    Dannydanbo wrote: »

He's clueless.
    *speaking into his lower voice* Danny! It wasn't you thinking of me being clueless, I really wanna know things about music. Here's this, when I first seeing City Living having a karaoke machine and a karaoke bar. Do we see a singer career in there? No. Do we see any celebrities? No. Cause that's why we need a celebrity pack with singers in it OK!