Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

More Plasma Fruit Recipes?

I'm usually lurking here on the forums but I haven't seen any discussion on this.

I wish there were more food recipes for my vampire; mine is a guilty drinker.

I like the idea of Plasma Fruit Cake, Grilled Plasma Fruit Sandwich, Roasted Lamb with a Plasma Fruit Sauce, Chips and Plasma Fruit Salsa.

If they were to add more recipes, what would you like to see?

Comments

• SimsLovinLycanSimsLovinLycan Posts: 1,910 Member
    People have made mods for more plasma fruit foods, but I'd love to see some official stuff since some of those mods require additional packs in order to work. For instance, I'd love to see Plasma Fruit Pasta as a gourmet meal, Plasma Fruit Soup (like tomato soup...since tomatoes are technically a fruit), Plasma Fruit Tarts, Plasma Fruit Pie, and Plasma Fruit Parmesan. I'd also love to see some plasma pack recipes, like Plasma Sausage (after the traditional British dish, blood sausage), Plasma Pudding, Plasma Ice Cream, Plasma Ice Pops, Plasma Slurpee, and Plasma Shaved Ice/Italian Ice. So many missed opportunities with this pack...
    There is a song I hear, a melody from the past...
    5MNZlGQ.gif
    When I woke for the first time, when I slept for the last.
  • MellonuialMellonuial Posts: 47 Member
    Plasma fruit should be an acceptable ingredient for all recipes that use boring old mundane fruit. I really like the soup, tart, ice cream, and pudding suggestions.
  • RoxycontinRoxycontin Posts: 78 Member
    I haven't used any mods or CC's, I wouldn't even know where to start.
    Plasma Fruit Pasta and Plasma Sausage sound awesome! Sticky Plasma Pudding would be funny. How about Creamy Plasma Fruit Salad with Torn Wolfsbane?

They need to patch this pack with our genius recipes.

• kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    i believe plasma fruit *can* be used in any recipe that asks for fruit. i'm just not certain that it fills a vampire's thirst even the meager amount that plasma fruit salads do. meant to check that out, but never got around to it. and now, with the current list of vampire bugs, i kind of shy away from playing any of my vampire households currently

but yes, expanded options that actually use the fruit's name and are geared towards vampires would be great. i've noticed that a few of my vampire sims will order the plasma fruit salad and plasma jane in restaurants while they're unplayed. though i've noticed a few non-vampires ordering those, too. poor fools
  • RoxycontinRoxycontin Posts: 78 Member
    One of my human sims ate two bowls of my vampire's plasma fruit salad and got sick. She didn't learn her lesson the first time I guess! She ate the second one immediately after her sick moodlet went away, too. I guess it is just that tasty. When I play later I'll see if she can make food with plasma fruit and raise her thirst.
  • MellonuialMellonuial Posts: 47 Member
    I have the same problem with human Sims eating plasma fruit salads and stealing plasma Jane's ordered at a bar venue (maybe they think it's some kind of special Ridgeport cocktail? lol). And they never learn either, even after getting sick two or even three times.

As for the salads and plasma Jane's, I just use them to take the edge off my Vampires' thirst. It stops fledglings from going berserk, but there really aren't any substitutes for Plasma Packs and drinking from a Sim.

I'd still like to see more recipes just for variety's sake though. For Vampires without the withered stomach weakness, it would be nice to have more options than, "Look! Mom is have that weird fruit salad again!," or "Oh, good grief, Dad is tossing back Plasma Jane's again." :)