Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Control issues

This discussion was created from comments split from: The Sims 4 Console controls.

Comments

• Faye_ButtonsFaye_Buttons Posts: 16 Member
    I’ve noticed since the last update that my controls on Xbox one are completely screwed. If I go to search objects by function and want to scroll up it takes me to the lot info and if I go into the mobile and scroll down it goes to the actions menu. My controls were working fine before this so it’s not user error.
  • Faye_ButtonsFaye_Buttons Posts: 16 Member
    [quote="Faye_Buttons;c-16196386"]I’ve noticed since the last update that my controls on Xbox one are completely screwed. If I go to search objects by function and want to scroll up it takes me to the lot info and if I go into the mobile and scroll down it goes to the actions menu. My controls were working fine before this so it’s not user error.[/quote]

I revise this, the controls are f**ked and the game is unplayable. Using the controls in normal gameplay sends the controls to the outside screen menu. In build mode you try and move up, it goes to the outside screen menu. I came out of the game and went back in and now the controls won’t come off the outside screen menu so I can’t even select a house! When are we going to see another patch?
  • Simsfan99111Simsfan99111 Posts: 1,260 Member
    Ive noticed sometimes if you move the cursor to the right it throws you out of the UI you are on while in build mode. You can move the cursor up down and left just not right. Doesnt happen often though.
  • rekandtrsrekandtrs Posts: 1,017 Member
    Build and buy mode controls are VERY glitchy. I was building and adding on styled rooms and the game glitches so bad it crashed. Maybe we should have full mouse and keyboard support to avoid all this. Or at least make it an option in the future. Cause i feel like the switching back and for causes more issues in the game.
    rekandtrs wrote: »
    Build and buy mode controls are VERY glitchy. I was building and adding on styled rooms and the game glitches so bad it crashed. Maybe we should have full mouse and keyboard support to avoid all this. Or at least make it an option in the future. Cause i feel like the switching back and for causes more issues in the game.

I dont think having mouse and keyboard support will help with the glitchy build buy mode. We need bug fixes. And stability/performance improvements. Build mode causes alot if lag for me depending on where you are in the UI. especially when placing windows etc. The framerate drops.
  • floralneyfloralney Posts: 230 Member
    They definitely need to release a big bug fix very soon.
    rekandtrs wrote: »

I dont think having mouse and keyboard support will help with the glitchy build buy mode. We need bug fixes. And stability/performance improvements. Build mode causes alot if lag for me depending on where you are in the UI. especially when placing windows etc. The framerate drops.
    That’s just my experience is switching back and forth from the Ui to the other that causes the problems with everything. Like placing a room or even just selecting different items from the styled room to place on your lot back and forth cause glitching. Even so much that the game froze and crashed. I dunno it may not help it but i just feel like going back and forth with the curser messes up a lot. We definitely need bug fixes of course. There’s no doubt about that.
    edited December 2017
    Im pretty sure its safe to say there most likely wont be a patch before christmas. I could be wrong but i doubt it and i also think if there is not a patch its a bit of a shame for the people getting the game over christmas.
  • NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    Im pretty sure its safe to say there most likely wont be a patch before christmas. I could be wrong but i doubt it and i also think if there is not a patch its a bit of a shame for the people getting the game over christmas.

They give a monthly patch to the PC version, so my assumption is t hat could be the trend for console as well.

They give a monthly patch to the PC version, so my assumption is t hat could be the trend for console as well.

2 weeks to christmas, they are cutting it fine lol
  • Daquanwright1996Daquanwright1996 Posts: 2 New Member
    Every single bug that was on PC is happening on Consoles as well. It’s really annoying and needs to be fixed. My events never happen. My staff never shows up and if they do the party is seconds from being over. My sims cancel my actions or a lot of times the actions get stuck and won’t move, causing the sim to get stuck. There is dozens of issues. This game needs a bug fix fast
  • crashhat141crashhat141 Posts: 90 Member
    Every single bug that was on PC is happening on Consoles as well. It’s really annoying and needs to be fixed. My events never happen. My staff never shows up and if they do the party is seconds from being over. My sims cancel my actions or a lot of times the actions get stuck and won’t move, causing the sim to get stuck. There is dozens of issues. This game needs a bug fix fast

I know how you feel, I have completely stopped playing until they come out with a new patch
  • RennieRennie Posts: 22 New Member
    I'm not having problems in building at all, have built 3 castles now, 3 stories each, and have lived in all the worlds. But I am having lots of problems with getting off my lots, whichever save file I play on, just can't figure how to go anywhere except walking. It seems at first, there was an option near the top center of the screen, but I was too busy building to want to go other places. Now the whole game is just getting too monotonous. If I can't get something new going on, I am going to give it up.
    P.S. I am using PS4, and have not been able to get any of the updates -- says my internet connection has been lost, but I'm on wireless and computer and I-pad work fine. I guess the save file update, or patch, came automatically since that works great now.

Oh, and I read somewhere, a question about raising things higher, then I lost my place. The only things in build mode I have been able to raise are windows, wall lights and foundations, by only using the up arrow while item was highlighted.
  • floralneyfloralney Posts: 230 Member
    > @Rennie said:
    > P.S. I am using PS4, and have not been able to get any of the updates -- says my internet connection has been lost, but I'm on wireless and computer and I-pad work fine. I guess the save file update, or patch, came automatically since that works great now.
    >
    > Oh, and I read somewhere, a question about raising things higher, then I lost my place. The only things in build mode I have been able to raise are windows, wall lights and foundations, by only using the up arrow while item was highlighted.

I'm pretty sure there currently isn't a way to raise things, but they plan to implement it.
    Are people struggling that much? I really dont find it that hard?
    No I'm not really struggling, would just like to see and do more now that I'm through building. I really can't figure how to leave my lots. Will someone who knows, please tell me how?
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    edited December 2017
    Every time I think about buying this game for my Xbox I come across another thread complaining about the controls. I thank you all for sparing me $45 once again.
    > @Chazzzy said:
    > Every time I think about buying this game for my Xbox I come across another thread complaining about the controls. I thank you all for sparing me $45 once again.

Well Chazzzy, don't judge this game by anything I say, I think I'm just very slow at figuring out the controller. I've played all the Sims games on all the systems so far and probably always will. My biggest delights have always been just seeing what is new and different, and if I didn't buy and try each new one, I might die of curiosity.

I will say this is the first Sims game I've ever bought and had to resort to outside sources to get going though. Even figuring out things on my own was always fun and challenging. I just know it's a good game and a large game with the great building one can do, plus having other worlds to choose from as to where our households can live. So I'm not really complaining at all, and would certainly buy it again. I just need to get smarter, to get to do more, lol. P.S., mine cost $59., plus a rebuilt ps4 for $249. from the game store, here at Christmas time. I would still do it again though. I think it's a very good game, and all the different worlds do have community places for cooking on grills and meeting new ppl, plus fishing, plus playing guitars and violins and it's easy to level up your skills.
    Rennie wrote: »
    > @Chazzzy said:
    > Every time I think about buying this game for my Xbox I come across another thread complaining about the controls. I thank you all for sparing me $45 once again.

Well Chazzzy, don't judge this game by anything I say, I think I'm just very slow at figuring out the controller. I've played all the Sims games on all the systems so far and probably always will. My biggest delights have always been just seeing what is new and different, and if I didn't buy and try each new one, I might die of curiosity.

I will say this is the first Sims game I've ever bought and had to resort to outside sources to get going though. Even figuring out things on my own was always fun and challenging. I just know it's a good game and a large game with the great building one can do, plus having other worlds to choose from as to where our households can live. So I'm not really complaining at all, and would certainly buy it again. I just need to get smarter, to get to do more, lol. P.S., mine cost $59., plus a rebuilt ps4 for $249. from the game store, here at Christmas time. I would still do it again though. I think it's a very good game, and all the different worlds do have community places for cooking on grills and meeting new ppl, plus fishing, plus playing guitars and violins and it's easy to level up your skills.

Well I enjoyed The Sims Urbz and Bustin Out on console but I didn’t enjoy The Sims 3. The camera rotations gave me a headache and I wasn’t a fan of the controls.

I am very hesitant to download TS4 for console if the controls will be frustrating to me again. To have to pay full price for the base and expansions is ridiculous. I have the money and still can’t justify it. But I have weak moments when I don’t feel like sitting at my computer and see the game in my Xbox store and do consider it. But nah fam lol not until the majority of people I see play it are complaining more about gameplay and less about controls.
  • crashhat141crashhat141 Posts: 90 Member
    The controls aren't as bad as the pc players are making it out to be. Once you get used to them, they are no longer a problem.
    The controls aren't as bad as the pc players are making it out to be. Once you get used to them, they are no longer a problem.

I saw there’s a new patch out that is supposed to improve controls. Let’s see how the public responds and if it helps them.
    Chazzzy wrote: »

I saw there’s a new patch out that is supposed to improve controls. Let’s see how the public responds and if it helps them.

I’m a pc player with sims. And the controls are now second nature. Lol I’m so used to them that if i played sims on pc i wouldn’t know what to do now. It’s honestly not a huge deal. The controls are different but they aren’t terrible. I can sit on the couch and play and I’m fine. Nothing about the controls are hard anymore. It’s just something to get used to. I even build in the game and decorate all the time. Also the patch has fixed he window lighting and I’m even more in love now. I mean if you have the sims on pc already and everything is fine just stick to it on pc. I got the console version pretty much because my pc is plum. The fact that the console version is just like the pc , you’re not missing out on anything. It’s all about how you want to play the game. For me it was either suck it up and get used to the controls or shell out a grand to play sims 4 (maxed out, cause i can’t enjoy it any other way.) on a new pc or just be without. But i took the console route and don’t regret it a bit. I actually enjoy playing on console than i did on PC.

• marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    Rennie wrote: »
    No I'm not really struggling, would just like to see and do more now that I'm through building. I really can't figure how to leave my lots. Will someone who knows, please tell me how?

If your playing on ps4 pro. The options button will bring up the option to leave a lot.

Save
    End game
    Lessons
    Main menu
    Etc Etc
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

Thank you marcel21, and I will go see the steps you named. I don't know if my ps4 is a pro, or not.