Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

SimGuruGrant confirms The Sims 4's future; "We're not going Anywhere"

jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
SimGuruGrant discusses the future of The Sims 4 here:
We're not going away. Pets is the biggest one but we're not going to dial it back. Some of the stuff we are thinking about is pretty ambitious, it's also fresh twists on old things and so I am hoping that people see Pets as the start of the second wave, not the end of the cycle. I want to do more content, keep upping the bar, more free content. Those are things that are super important to us and we have been talking about stuff for next year for ages already because we want it to be super good. There's crazy long cycles. Next year I want people to be like: 'Wow, I can't believe you're doing all this stuff'. Next year we'll be four years old and still here.
Source
Post edited by jackjack_k on

Comments

• LavenderlightsLavenderlights Posts: 76 Member
    This is wonderful news. I think sims 4 is a game with plenty of potential, but needs a LOT of time to reach said potential. Just look at the things in ts4 that are frequently lauded as the best in the franchise - vampires, toddlers, and if you wanna throw it in, parenthood in terms of family gameplay as well. See what they all have in common? They're all really, really specific elements of the game. Ts4's style isn't like ts3's where they throw in a wide, expansive variety of gameplay elements into a single pack (i.e. Generations, Supernatural etc.); rather, it works best whenever it's focusing on one very specific element - it's choosing to analyze every dimension of a single box, as opposed to throwing in a whole bunch of 2-dimensional boxes. This is why ts4 needs all the time it could get if it ever wishes to have every one of its' gameplay elements fleshed out.

On that font, I wish everyone on the sims team the best of luck in developing this game to the best that it can be.
  • jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    edited December 2017
    This is wonderful news. I think sims 4 is a game with plenty of potential, but needs a LOT of time to reach said potential. Just look at the things in ts4 that are frequently lauded as the best in the franchise - vampires, toddlers, and if you wanna throw it in, parenthood in terms of family gameplay as well. See what they all have in common? They're all really, really specific elements of the game. Ts4's style isn't like ts3's where they throw in a wide, expansive variety of gameplay elements into a single pack (i.e. Generations, Supernatural etc.); rather, it works best whenever it's focusing on one very specific element - it's choosing to analyze every dimension of a single box, as opposed to throwing in a whole bunch of 2-dimensional boxes. This is why ts4 needs all the time it could get if it ever wishes to have every one of its' gameplay elements fleshed out.

On that font, I wish everyone on the sims team the best of luck in developing this game to the best that it can be.

We just need them to focus on bugs so the next 3 years worth of content doesn't feel as messy :s
    I just feel like we have several months go by this year, with not a single bug fix.

The C&D patch was good, but I don't wanna wait for the next GP/EP for the next lot, lol.
  • adamzaidadamzaid Posts: 1,999 Member
    edited December 2017
    if i was to choose between sims 3 or 4 as my only game to play from the franchise it has to be easily sims 3 now dont get me wrong sims 4 great even with the new pets and dogs pack but its still feels bland and empty to me unfortunately. but i still have hope ;D but one thing sims 4 is fun with is cas its an easy breeze and fun!
    @adamzaid wrote: »
    if i was to choose between sims 3 or 4 as my only game to play from the franchise it has to be easily sims 3 now dont get me wrong sims 4 great even with the new pets and dogs pack but its still feels bland and empty to me unfortunately. but i still have hope ;D but one thing sims 4 is fun with is cas its an easy breeze and fun!

Nothing wrong with that :) I rotate between all of them, however I play Sims 3 on console instead, the PC version just has too many issues for me. Constant save errors, and lag after a few weeks game time.

But I get enjoyment out of them all. If I were to pick one, it would be The Sims 2 easily.
    i have a ps4 so i cant play sims 3 on console unfortunately @jackjack_k but i tried at my friends house once and i LIKED it a lot and i would definitely like to play it on my ps4!! make it ea happen plz?
    and can i ask you @jackjack_k your profile pic is that sims 3 or 2 for some reason im having a hard time XD and is it on console?
    [quote="jackjack_k;c-16199512"]
    We just need them to focus on bugs so the next 3 years worth of content doesn't feel as messy :s
    I just feel like we have several months go by this year, with not a single bug fix.
    [/quote]

Yeah, bugs are definitely an issue.

If they aren't fixed soon, every one of their efforts in the future would end up being dragged down by them.
    i have a ps4 so i cant play sims 3 on console unfortunately @jackjack_k but i tried at my friends house once and i LIKED it a lot and i would definitely like to play it on my ps4!! make it ea happen plz?

I prefer it just because it's so much smoother, and I've been playing the same save for 5 years and I've had 0 issues.
    adamzaid wrote: »
    and can i ask you @jackjack_k your profile pic is that sims 3 or 2 for some reason im having a hard time XD and is it on console?

It's the Wii version of the game :)

A very pretty game for it's time.

the-sims-3-wii-images-1.jpg
    the-sims-3-wii-images-8.jpg
    the-sims-3-wii-images-7.jpg

A bit more cartoony than The Sims 3 for PC, but I like it that way :)
    jackjack_k wrote: »

I prefer it just because it's so much smoother, and I've been playing the same save for 5 years and I've had 0 issues.

It's the Wii version of the game :)

A very pretty game for it's time.

the-sims-3-wii-images-1.jpg
    the-sims-3-wii-images-8.jpg
    the-sims-3-wii-images-7.jpg

A bit more cartoony than The Sims 3 for PC, but I like it that way :)

i had the wii version! @jackjack_k bac at 2011 when i was kid its how i got into the sims series! i remember getting as a gift in my b-day with the wii and i had countless fun using the karma powers but best thing was surfing which we didnt have in the pc version until 2013!
  • Rukola_SchaafRukola_Schaaf Posts: 3,065 Member

Yeah, bugs are definitely an issue.

If they aren't fixed soon, every one of their efforts in the future would end up being dragged down by them.

what do you mean by "soon" ?

with bugs in TS4 it's a circle
    new patch means
    * old bugs reappearing
    * new bugs added
    * some of the old known bugs fixed
    * some of bugs nobody knew about fixed :trollface:
    * to sweeten that pot of bugs maybe new features included
    & that on a monthly basis over & over again since 3 years & 2 months :joy:

so exactly this will be probably TS4 future as well :smirk:

i won't be participating in the forums & the gallery anymore - thanks EA
    thats so true :D
  • OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    Sounds great. I'm enjoying the game, and Seasons is my favorite pack in each iteration. Looking forward to the upcoming years.
  • StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    Well thats dissapointing. I really want them to start a new game thats actually really fun. The core of the game cant be changed, all theyre really doing is putting on another layer of paint to a house that should be demolished.
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
    @To7m wrote: »
    If you’re happy with 10 game packs, 8 EP’s and TWENTY FOUR stuff packs, you’re nuts.

I hope it ends ASAP and somebody, ANYBODY, makes a real sims game. I’m quite happy to forget TS4 entirely.

—T

I’d rather 24 Stuff Packs that Work, than 5000 store sets with most that haven’t worked well overtime.
    Well thats dissapointing. I really want them to start a new game thats actually really fun. The core of the game cant be changed, all theyre really doing is putting on another layer of paint to a house that should be demolished.

Eh, with all the updates we’ve been getting, it’s more like they’re halfway through restoration, rather than a coat of paint.

We still need a few more things, but we’re a long way past how the game launched
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,862 Member
    To7m wrote: »
    If you’re happy with 10 game packs, 8 EP’s and TWENTY FOUR stuff packs, you’re nuts.

I hope it ends ASAP and somebody, ANYBODY, makes a real sims game. I’m quite happy to forget TS4 entirely.

—T

Guess I'm nuts. :p I'd much prefer gamepacks and stuff packs over expansion packs.
  • filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,693 Member
    This is really exciting! Sims 4 is my favourite out of the series for the main reason of how they release and execute its content. Can't wait to see what they'll bring in 2018!
  • CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    edited December 2017
    as long as all this new and exciting content doesn't stop them from fixing bugs I'm okay with it ;)

the more pessimistic side of me thinks the game can't handle much more content, performance-wise though.
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
    > @Rukola_Schaaf said:
    > Lavenderlights wrote: »
    > what do you mean by "soon" ?

Uhh..."soon" as in having the cycle of bugs fixed soon?

So what if it's a vicious cycle? That doesn't mean it can't be ended in some way.
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    Can't wait. Really looking forward to something spectacular then to shake things up more. This year has been pretty good imo. Plus, I've really enjoyed some of the free content they been giving us through patches.

Hoping they keep up with bug fixes. Really don't want another buggy game on hand.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member

The C&D patch was good, but I don't wanna wait for the next GP/EP for the next lot, lol.

I can see the December patch addressing more of the bugs, both ones that came up with C&D and some of the earlier ones. I've seen posts that say that they're still working on issues like the weird outfits bug, so I'm sure they're trying to track down other bugs as well. (If you get a response asking you to send your save files to the bug zappers, that can really help them figure out what's going wrong.) With no paid content till early next year, that gives 1 or 2 monthly patches to squash existing bugs.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)

I can see the December patch addressing more of the bugs, both ones that came up with C&D and some of the earlier ones. I've seen posts that say that they're still working on issues like the weird outfits bug, so I'm sure they're trying to track down other bugs as well. (If you get a response asking you to send your save files to the bug zappers, that can really help them figure out what's going wrong.) With no paid content till early next year, that gives 1 or 2 monthly patches to squash existing bugs.

True, but we had no content in Sep & Oct and we got no bug fixes.

I'm hoping but I'm not holding out for them.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member

TS3 is available on the PS4 Console to download thru the Sony Store. It will play on the PS4 much like Bully does.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    To7m wrote: »

—T

After Seasons and a Tropial Vacation Destination I think I'll be ready for TS5. Hopefully no lifestates are left out of the base game.