Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Who could I ask to fix a pose which been broken for a long time?

Who could I ask to fix or remake a pose which been broken for a long time? No one can download since the creator has disappeared
6adMCGP.gif

Comments

• PurrdaleckiPurrdalecki Posts: 972 Member
    Hi, could you give more detail? In what way is the pose broken? What's it called, who was it by? Etc.
    tumblr_inline_o2epubgZOk1tbsl8q_500.gif
    My sims 4 studio with poses for download and stuff: click
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,752 Member
    Hi, could you give more detail? In what way is the pose broken? What's it called, who was it by? Etc.

It was a psychologist pose and you know how in movies or TV shows you have a character lying on a "couch" and the doctor talks to them? This pose was it and no one been able to download it in a very long time (I can't even find the pose link on Lana CC's site)
    6adMCGP.gif
    Okay uhmm... You know what the creator was called, though? They might have changed urls.

If not:
    The pose is in game, probably, and it sounds like you might need some teleporter statues to set it up. You'd also need Andrew's pose player. You can find these at Andrew's studio on sims 4 studio, first make sure you have the updated versions, mods on, and script mods on (Idk if it requires script mods but just in case...)

Try setting the pose up with teleporter statues, or does the pose just not show up at all? Like..Um idk. Not a pose expert but. Also make sure you're using it for the right age group. Poses adults do should only be used on adult, teen (I think), YA, and elder sims. Poses can be unisex though, so that doesn't really matter. Child poses should only be used by child.. Toddler poses only by toddlers.

If that doesn't work then you have the package file for the pose, right? I don't know if this will work but try downloading sims 4 studio and click the "my projects" button. Locate to where ever you have the pose package and click on it. When it opens, press the "clips" tab. There will be little squares with a number on them, 1 - how ever many poses there were for each individual sim. Click on each square and click "export", that is next to the grey drop down menu which can be found under the squares with the numbers on. Make sure you don't have "Ea clip" slected, you want the top option, the one that says [whatever the creator decided to call that certain pose].blend so it will be a .blend file.

Then after you've exported all the poses, go back to the clips tab and reimport them, save, and see if it does anything. I have no idea if it will, this is like an advanced equivalent of me saying "have you tried turning it on and off again?" lol but I don't think I've heard of poses breaking, they probably do, but in my experience I haven't had this so I think the poses could be preserved even if they don't work like within the package file so if you go into sims 4 studio and do all that it might give you something but I'm just guessing. If all that's too complicated, you can send me the package file if you have it and I'll try do that.
    Okay uhmm... You know what the creator was called, though? They might have changed urls.

If not:
    The pose is in game, probably, and it sounds like you might need some teleporter statues to set it up. You'd also need Andrew's pose player. You can find these at Andrew's studio on sims 4 studio, first make sure you have the updated versions, mods on, and script mods on (Idk if it requires script mods but just in case...)

Try setting the pose up with teleporter statues, or does the pose just not show up at all? Like..Um idk. Not a pose expert but. Also make sure you're using it for the right age group. Poses adults do should only be used on adult, teen (I think), YA, and elder sims. Poses can be unisex though, so that doesn't really matter. Child poses should only be used by child.. Toddler poses only by toddlers.

If that doesn't work then you have the package file for the pose, right? I don't know if this will work but try downloading sims 4 studio and click the "my projects" button. Locate to where ever you have the pose package and click on it. When it opens, press the "clips" tab. There will be little squares with a number on them, 1 - how ever many poses there were for each individual sim. Click on each square and click "export", that is next to the grey drop down menu which can be found under the squares with the numbers on. Make sure you don't have "Ea clip" slected, you want the top option, the one that says [whatever the creator decided to call that certain pose].blend so it will be a .blend file.

Then after you've exported all the poses, go back to the clips tab and reimport them, save, and see if it does anything. I have no idea if it will, this is like an advanced equivalent of me saying "have you tried turning it on and off again?" lol but I don't think I've heard of poses breaking, they probably do, but in my experience I haven't had this so I think the poses could be preserved even if they don't work like within the package file so if you go into sims 4 studio and do all that it might give you something but I'm just guessing. If all that's too complicated, you can send me the package file if you have it and I'll try do that.

I never COULD download it in the FIRST place because the link from Lana's site to the page of the CREATOR's site goes haywire since the creator disappeared before I wanted the pose so I don't have any package files for you to use
    6adMCGP.gif
    Ahhhh. Right. I thought you meant you had the pose but it didn't work, not the link was broken. My bad. Where did you see pictures of it? I'll give you all the info I know on searching for poses:

Okay! This seems like a job for the wayback machine. It's a website. It lets you see how websites looked in the past. If you can copy that url that goes haywire and paste it into the wayback machine, you can search for what the website looked at at different times (presumably before it was haywire.) You might be able to find the pose that way.
    If it's the link to the download on Lana cc finds page that doesn't work, and you get some annoying "error tumblr redirect thing", I don't know some old tumblr links are really stupid and don't like to work.

I found a really temperamental workaround. Temperamental because it doesn't always work. Right click on the post Lana reblogged or made about the pose and press "view page source", then on the page source press ctrl and f at the same time and then type in whatever it says before the download link. The word, not the sentence. So if it says download right before the download, you would search for download. You might have to press enter a few times to find the word "download" with a link next to it, if download has been written multiple times in the post. If you find a link, copy it, but do not press go to website or whatever because that doesn't work. You have to copy it and paste it into your search bar.

Honestly, I know a lot about searching for things so if you could give me the link to Lana's post about it that you mentioned, that would be super cool. You might also want to consider asking Bananas_45 , who is really good at WCIFS.
    If it's the link to the download on Lana cc finds page that doesn't work, and you get some annoying "error tumblr redirect thing", I don't know some old tumblr links are really stupid and don't like to work.

I found a really temperamental workaround. Temperamental because it doesn't always work. Right click on the post Lana reblogged or made about the pose and press "view page source", then on the page source press ctrl and f at the same time and then type in whatever it says before the download link. The word, not the sentence. So if it says download right before the download, you would search for download. You might have to press enter a few times to find the word "download" with a link next to it, if download has been written multiple times in the post. If you find a link, copy it, but do not press go to website or whatever because that doesn't work. You have to copy it and paste it into your search bar.

Honestly, I know a lot about searching for things so if you could give me the link to Lana's post about it that you mentioned, that would be super cool. You might also want to consider asking Bananas_45 , who is really good at WCIFS.

I tried doing that that the last time i wanted to use it but that didn't work either. At the moment because of how cluttered Lanna's site is at the moment I'm having trouble finding the pose
    6adMCGP.gif
    I have some news! OpheliaSim on tumblr says she has as "therapist pose pack" in the works on her tumblr. She's been active today. I'll see what else I can found.
    I have some news! OpheliaSim on tumblr says she has as "therapist pose pack" in the works on her tumblr. She's been active today. I'll see what else I can found.

I'm going to be using her "letter" pose in at least one future chapter-it's for in-story purposes.
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Bananas_45Bananas_45 Posts: 6,778 Member
    edited December 2017
    @MadameLee Do not even ask how I found this one because it was dead, dead, dead. @Erasimus I am tagging you in, in case you still need/want this.

Psychology pose by Queendarylo/MsParadox
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/1lakk6028egwqwt/MsParadox_[psychology].rar?dl=0
    Post edited by Bananas_45 on