DECEMBER 14 - It's Patch Day for The Sims 4 on Console! Check out whats fixed.
DECEMBER 12 - It's Patch Day for The Sims 4! Check out whats fixed.
The Sims 4 Cats & Dogs: Create The Most Unique Pets With Create A Pet! Read more on the blog.
The Sims 4 Is Coming To Xbox One and PlayStation 4! Read the blog for more info.

Does a "pet never gets sick" mod exist anywhere?

JonalinJonalin Posts: 1,662 Member
edited December 3 in Mods Bugs & Issues
I am sooo tired of taking my pet to the vet every 48 hours for one thing or another. I thought at first I just had a sickly pet, so I switched houses and started playing with a new pet and new family. Within the first 2 sim days, my cat was sick. My dog was sick. It's always something :( I've actually stopped playing with pets because I just can't enjoy them like this :(

Comments

• JonalinJonalin Posts: 1,662 Member
  • KarallyneKarallyne Posts: 351 Member
    there's no mod for that yet. if you aren't exaggerating I would try repairing the game. I haven't had a pet get sick even once since C&D came out =/
  • LittleMsSamLittleMsSam Posts: 16 New Member
    Do you have a Bush on your Lot where your Dog always plays in? They often get bitten in there and therefore get sick. I removed the Bush because of that and so far no sick dogs anymore. I created a no Sick&Dirty Strays Mod but that only affects NPC Pets.
  • catitude5catitude5 Posts: 1,559 Member
    Karallyne wrote: »
    there's no mod for that yet. if you aren't exaggerating I would try repairing the game. I haven't had a pet get sick even once since C&D came out =/

This has been happening to my sims, not the pets. Most annoying thing ever.
  • milktreatmilktreat Posts: 11 New Member
    I need a mod for this, my pets keep getting sick and it's bleeding my wallet dry. :(
  • Dreamie209Dreamie209 Posts: 2,995 Member
    The closest thing so far I'd say would be LittleMissSam's mod, But unfortunately that's only for npc pets. It sounds like you have either that awful puke bug or it's the preventative shot glitch (if your pet has ever gotten that shot, sometimes it causes more sickness than it prevents).

I've had many pets get sick in my game but 90% of them are the npc pets though (blue dirty dogs has been a norm since I got the pack :lol: ). So this mod helps a bit with that. If I see one that helps the active family's pets, I"ll post it here.
    tumblr_p0kj4y5zKY1rz1zglo1_1280.png
    Fun Times, Cherished Memories, All under one Dream. Visit: The Dreamhouse and AbbyDreams
  • JonalinJonalin Posts: 1,662 Member
    Thank you everyone for your helpful replies :)