Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Are We Sims?

RoggieBearRoggieBear Posts: 243 Member
edited December 2017 in Off Topic Chat
Are we sims? A very good question indeed. And do we know? Of course not. I mean, sure, we don't have a plumbob above our heads like the sims, but we do share some characteristics.

There are reasons to believe both sides, actually. Have you ever walked into a room and realized you have no idea what you're doing there? Couldn't that just be "the watcher" cancelling the interaction? Don't you sometimes come back from work/school and are angry from having a bad day? Don't you ever go over to the computer to play a video game and suddenly not want to when you arrive? These all could be us being controlled. Let me know what you think in the comments, and be sure to add on whether you believe the same as me (we are sims) or different and why! Also, if you actually read the whole thing, comment "potato" to let me know! Thanks, and I hope you are going to think about this possibility!
ef9eb77d415cabaae36ff6de0598edad--tms-entertainment-cat-cat.jpg

Inspired +1 - Who isn't inspired after seeing the cutest thing ever come out of the banana they were eating?

RoggieBear
Post edited by RoggieBear on

Comments

• naninani Posts: 5,563 Member
    Potato
    A french girl who's been hanging out on the english sims forum for a year now.

tumblr_nj0devVCY61s3y9slo1_500.gif

• AlienWithABoxAlienWithABox Posts: 57 Member
    Potato.

I find it to be a very interesting and existential quandary. Good job.
    4weKOfz.gif
    Twitter: @AlienWithABox
  • 5782341b77vl5782341b77vl Posts: 9,149 Member
    Potato

I foresee this being closed even though you said that it wasn't religious.

Have you ever tried to get to a certain place but couldn't - a routing issue, maybe?
    ...AND WASH YOUR DING-DANG HANDS!
  • LiaRose1435LiaRose1435 Posts: 720 Member
    edited December 2017
    Deleted
    Post edited by LiaRose1435 on
    Am I too lost to be saved?
    Am I too lost?
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Turnip
  • RoggieBearRoggieBear Posts: 243 Member
    edited December 2017
    @Chazzzy lol @LiaRose1435 So do I... the randomness of my life makes me think someone walked away from the computer :wink:@5782341b77vl It might get closed, I think I'm going to remove that part because it doesn't have to be there either... and yes, to your question. Usually its just a maze, or me planning to go to a door through a "shortcut" where it doesn't work and I have to walk all around... @AlienWithABox Thank you, glad you enjoyed it. I'm not really sure what it was for, whether a persuasive piece or an entertainment piece... maybe both! @nani Glad you read the whole thing!

Edit: I removed the part that could be taken as religious, thanks for bringing it up that it could get closed @5782341b77vl :smile:

Inspired +1 - Who isn't inspired after seeing the cutest thing ever come out of the banana they were eating?

RoggieBear
  • TeepoKunTeepoKun Posts: 34 Member
    Potato

Nothing else to say on my part. I’m no good at debating existential questions
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    edited December 2017
    Potato! Does that mean when I bang my hip on the shelf in the dining room on my way into the kitchen I'm actually clipping? *scratches chin with pondering upward glance*

Edit: spelling
    @Pamtastic72 haha! I guess so... that or else you walked through the counter :wink: I wonder if the sims get hurt when they walk through the fridge... haha

RoggieBear
    We're in an advanced sims game with no cheats then !
    Unless someone experienced something close to gaining lots of money from nowhere, to entirely forget what you were doing and be "teleported" away from what you were doing.

• MRSMLOGMRSMLOG Posts: 21,181 Member
    Potato.

You play Sims Medieval and watch old Twilight Zones, right? :D
    @nani Lol! Like my games when I leave the game running... no cheats or teleports! @MRSMLOG no, I play The Sims 4, and I have no idea what Twilight Zone is... LOL... Plz explain :confused:

RoggieBear
  • AshtontoAshton22AshtontoAshton22 Posts: 1,797 Member
    Potato.

I too, sell my bed when I can't afford pizza.
    Lol @AshtontoAshton22... Didn't think of that... well, you might get a cheaper-where am I going with this... lol Good point... haha

RoggieBear
    i don't remember turning in the air to change outfits, or aging

• Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,427 Member
    Oooh...French Fries. :D

Always happens to me when I'm standing in front of the fridge...and forget why I have the door open. It's either old age or someone cancelled my action. :(
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
    Oooh...French Fries. :D

Always happens to me when I'm standing in front of the fridge...and forget why I have the door open. It's either old age or someone cancelled my action. :(

sorry but why did you say french fries ? :D

@nani haha.... I spin at random times ;) But I'm still in normal clothes... :disappointed: I think @Nikkei_Simmer said french fries because potatoes make french fries... I like the creativity... @Nikkei_Simmer Haha... could be both!

Another strange thing I realized... when my grandma turned into an elder, she didn't immediately get gray hair! Haha!

RoggieBear
  • DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    edited December 2017
    potato

My husband once told me about a conspiration theory where we, humans on our planet, are supposed to live in a simulation game. He doesn't really remember much about that theory anymore. We can't still explain a lot of stuff... such as what is happenning and why... if you know what I mean. So this would be an interesting explanation right? I think it is pretty interesting though I do not believe this is true. It might be though. I am open to literally anything. I recommend you to read a book called Under the Dome from Stephen King, if you haven't already.
    Post edited by DoloresGrey on
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    edited December 2017
    That was a theory a little while ago but I remember reading that Oxford University boffins had disproved it recently, I think it was reported in Scientific American or Cosmos. We do not have to worry!
  • DominicLaurenceDominicLaurence Posts: 3,398 Member
    edited December 2017
    Well, I love to put my sims to play sims. Can't say someone doesn't do the same to me.

I forgot the potato thing. :expressionless:
    Post edited by DominicLaurence on
    ID: StGerris
    Legacy Photomode
  • simsinmysleepsimsinmysleep Posts: 651 Member

Potato.

I love the simulation theory! The more you think about it, the less crazy it seems, lol. I know that as Simburian said, folks at Oxford have 'disproved' the theory, but they're basing their conclusion on current technology and an assumption that the universe actually operates the way they think it does. Like, our sims believe that they can get a skill they need to get a promotion by, say, talking into the mirror or repairing the toilet, etc. That's how their universe operates, but it doesn't work quite that way in 'real life'. I have a feeling we don't really know much about how the universe works at all. Even the most brilliant scientific mind gets stuck at some point - like at, 'where did the particles that caused the Big Bang come from?'

Hey, Neil deGrasse Tyson thinks it's 'very likely'. Good enough for me! :)
    KGLsNuM.jpg
    I like all of your points... I'm not typing responses to everyone individually anymore... I will check out that book though @DoloresGrey

RoggieBear